Author Topic: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall  (Read 13888 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2017, 12:37:29 am »

And this is where we may be disenchanted with Trump.   He is a product of his upbringing and I have never doubted that he was a big government sort of fellow who sees government money as a good means of solving problems,   in the manner of FDR.   

Yes,  I do not doubt that he is going to propose a bunch of infrastructure spending by the FedGov.    I am not going to like this,   but I am expecting it,  and to be fair,   Idiot Obama squandered about 8 trillion on stupidity.   

But you see, based upon the EVIDENCE before us, you have to at least see how it plays out.

Just talking about what one person's take on the plan doesn't mean....SEE?   I was right about him...etc, etc.   All negative, and like I said...based on the evidence...even one week's worth, says you're jumping the gun.

You many be right?   I may be crazy...

..but it just might be a lunatic you're looking for.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2017, 12:49:25 am »

Stopped 221 million from going to Palestine.   That's a win.   

Stopped 5 million from being spent on airing Obamacare ads.   That is also a win.   

Got numerous Obama bureaucrats out of the Government.   That is a win. 

Got ABC News to cover the "March for Life"  in Washington D.C.  today.  That's a win.   

Halted future immigrants coming in from seven Islamic countries.  That's a win.   

I see lots of wins.   I'm curious why you don't seem to notice any wins? 

I see our very future depending on vanquishing the Liberal control of the broadcasting systems in America.   I do not wish to believe that we shall never beat them.   That is a defeatism of which I do not respect. 

We must pick fights with the media,  and we must keep picking fights with the media until they are no longer able to promote agendas and censor information.   

We must win our fight with the "media"  and I hope Trump continues to demonstrate to the public that they are lying.   Every chance he gets.

Symbolic gestures meaning nothing without action behind them. 

Get back to me when you can show real results...not him just smirking as he sings paperwork.

ABC would have covered the march anyway.

Everything you mention is fluff unless there are real results to show 3..6...10 months down the road.

But it seems some people are easily led down the road of good intentions.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2017, 12:52:36 am »
But you see, based upon the EVIDENCE before us, you have to at least see how it plays out.

Just talking about what one person's take on the plan doesn't mean....SEE?   I was right about him...etc, etc.   All negative, and like I said...based on the evidence...even one week's worth, says you're jumping the gun.

You many be right?   I may be crazy...

..but it just might be a lunatic you're looking for.   :patriot:

I am just evincing my natural pessimism.    I would rather be pleasantly surprised than unpleasantly surprised.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2017, 12:57:27 am »
Symbolic gestures meaning nothing without action behind them. 

Get back to me when you can show real results...not him just smirking as he sings paperwork.

ABC would have covered the march anyway.

Everything you mention is fluff unless there are real results to show 3..6...10 months down the road.

But it seems some people are easily led down the road of good intentions.

You might be able to argue that some of these aren't terribly significant,   but I absolutely disagree that the halting of Islamic migrants from Islamic countries is not significant.   That particular decision is very significant,  and in exactly the right direction in which the nation needs to go. 

And no,  ABC News would not have covered the march.   It has been a lament for years that the news services *NEVER* cover the march,  and they would not have done so this time except for Trump calling them out on covering the "Waddle in Washington"  when there was going to be a huge Pro-Life turnout on Friday.   

It isn't "significant"  in the larger scheme of things,   but it is a "win"  and it is in the right direction. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2017, 01:05:19 am »

You might be able to argue that some of these aren't terribly significant,   but I absolutely disagree that the halting of Islamic migrants from Islamic countries is not significant.   That particular decision is very significant,  and in exactly the right direction in which the nation needs to go. 

And no,  ABC News would not have covered the march.   It has been a lament for years that the news services *NEVER* cover the march,  and they would not have done so this time except for Trump calling them out on covering the "Waddle in Washington"  when there was going to be a huge Pro-Life turnout on Friday.   

It isn't "significant"  in the larger scheme of things,   but it is a "win"  and it is in the right direction.

They cover the March every year. Not my fault your head was in your fourth point of contact and you failed to notice.

None of what he has done is significant until we can see results.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2017, 01:10:47 am »
They cover the March every year. Not my fault your head was in your fourth point of contact and you failed to notice.

None of what he has done is significant until we can see results.

I have been watching "Good Morning America"  every day for the last Decade,   and I have no recollection of them ever covering the March for life in any but the tiniest news blurb.   Their "coverage"  is more along the lines of "it happened",  and that's about it.   

I also see you didn't have any commentary about the ban on Muslim immigrants. (from seven Islamic countries)   Do I take your silence on the topic to indicate that you agree this was significant? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2017, 01:21:34 am »

I have been watching "Good Morning America"  every day for the last Decade,   and I have no recollection of them ever covering the March for life in any but the tiniest news blurb.   Their "coverage"  is more along the lines of "it happened",  and that's about it.   

I also see you didn't have any commentary about the ban on Muslim immigrants. (from seven Islamic countries)   Do I take your silence on the topic to indicate that you agree this was significant?

So now you're back peddling...you've gone from this is the first year they ever covered it because of...TRUMP...to criticizing how they cover it.

Nice...

No my thoughts on that fall under the "nice symbolism....lets wait to see real results" comments I made earlier.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2017, 01:38:24 am »
So now you're back peddling...you've gone from this is the first year they ever covered it because of...TRUMP...to criticizing how they cover it.

Nice...

It's not backpeddling,  it's recognizing that you apparently use a different standard for the word "coverage"  than I do.    For you apparently a pathetic "blurb"  is sufficient to qualify as "coverage",  while for me,  given the importance of the event,   it is not remotely sufficient to be regarded as satisfactory.   

I don't know if they always blurbed it for the last ten years,   but I do know they covered the h3ll out of the "Waddle in Washington"  Hate filled P*ssy-hat wearing coven of ugly bitches.   

This year the March of Life got a little bit of coverage.  Compared to previous years,  it was the most publicity i've ever seen on their behalf. 

No my thoughts on that fall under the "nice symbolism....lets wait to see real results" comments I made earlier.

You expect there is going to be some "nuances"  to the ban that is going to let people in these countries keep on coming as before?    Well I'm going to believe that the spigot of Islamic nut jobs (from these countries)  is cut off until I see evidence to the contrary. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2017, 08:21:02 am »

Nice...

Last year, the entire mainstream television media coverage of the March for Life was .....

4 seconds.

That is not coverage. The weather girl's frock gets more attention on any given day.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2017, 01:20:09 pm »
Last year, the entire mainstream television media coverage of the March for Life was .....

4 seconds.

That is not coverage. The weather girl's frock gets more attention on any given day.

LOL!   We've got 'one of those' here on our local FOX affiliate.

Half the days you're sipping your coffee, saying out loud...."Nawwww....you didn't actually pick that one, look in the mirror and say, "Don't I look fabulous?""
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2017, 03:28:19 pm »

4 seconds.

Which networks?  What was the coverage time on the others?   What about the local stations.

The original contention was that Trump MADE the network cover the March and made it sound like it was something akin to Moses parting the Red Sea.

Neither is true.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2017, 05:24:29 pm »

Stopped 221 million from going to Palestine.   That's a win.   

Stopped 5 million from being spent on airing Obamacare ads.   That is also a win.   

Got numerous Obama bureaucrats out of the Government.   That is a win. 

Got ABC News to cover the "March for Life"  in Washington D.C.  today.  That's a win.   

Halted future immigrants coming in from seven Islamic countries.  That's a win.   

I see lots of wins.   I'm curious why you don't seem to notice any wins? 

I see our very future depending on vanquishing the Liberal control of the broadcasting systems in America.   I do not wish to believe that we shall never beat them.   That is a defeatism of which I do not respect. 

We must pick fights with the media,  and we must keep picking fights with the media until they are no longer able to promote agendas and censor information.   

We must win our fight with the "media"  and I hope Trump continues to demonstrate to the public that they are lying.   Every chance he gets.

As someone who did not vote for him I am pleased with most of the wins to date including cabinet picks, but unless the narcissistic man-child matures and starts acting like a President the Senate will in a short time be handed back to the Democrats and he is looking at one term in office. He can begin by closing his Twitter account.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2017, 05:26:30 pm »
As someone who did not vote for him I am pleased with most of the wins to date including cabinet picks, but unless the narcissistic man-child matures and starts acting like a President the Senate will in a short time be handed back to the Democrats and he is looking at one term in office. He can begin by closing his Twitter account.

Bingo!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2017, 05:41:54 pm »

Navy, I don't want to defend the lesser qualities of Trump, but, except for us old, ethical, principled fuddie-duddies, Trump fits right in with all the other narcissistic man-children.  He is what they want!  He is a man for these times.  I think he'll do fine with both the electorate and in fighting the dems. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2017, 06:09:25 pm »
I certainly agree. At the same time, I realize that a good number of people who have run for or been elected President are narcissists. Most in the past didn't such bad press every time they demonstrated it, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »
We still talking about this?

Guess it isn't just Trump as has difficulty in letting something go.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink