Author Topic: Putin May Brag About Russian Sex Workers, but He’s Killing Them - Daily Beast  (Read 855 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
DB is a bit left but this is interesting.

Putin May Brag About Russian Sex Workers, but He’s Killing Them

Russia not only fights against the best means to combat AIDS/HIV at home, it tries to impose its views abroad. Will Trump follow Putin’s lead on this, too?
Melissa Hope Ditmore
01.24.17 12:02 AM ET

When unconfirmed reports alleged that Donald J. Trump had once paid sex workers in Russia to urinate on a hotel bed that had been slept on by the Obamas, Russian President Vladimir Putin responded himself, half joking about an event he said he doubted ever took place, and claiming that, after all, Russian sex workers are “of course the best in the world.”

Certainly the Russian women working in the sex trades whom I have met during my time coordinating the Global Network of Sex Work Projects, both in the United States where I live and at health meetings elsewhere, have been lovely, and I have no doubt that they are good at what they do.

But I am also certain that they do not receive health services that they desperately need.

Continued:  http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/24/putin-may-brag-about-russian-sex-workers-but-he-s-killing-them.html

geronl

How Christian Putin and Trump are. lol

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump's our most Christian president since Reagan. But the topic is not about him.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump's our most Christian president since Reagan. But the topic is not about him.

:wtf!:

Look, I know you like Trump, but that statement is just a tad ridiculous, wouldn't you say?

geronl

Trump is 0% Christian. Stop fooling yourself and wipe the orange from your lips.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Last time I checked, there isn't levels you rise to. You either are or you aren't. The entrance requirement is pretty simple to. Accept Christ, admit to sinful nature and ask forgiveness. (some denominations may word it differently but that's the gist). You don't get experience points that you level up like a video game.

Offline Suppressed

Trump's our most Christian president since Reagan.

8bs8
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Resp3

:wtf!:

Look, I know you like Trump, but that statement is just a tad ridiculous, wouldn't you say?

It's Tom Sea. Everything he says is a 'WTF?' statement. And a boatload of ridiculous.