Author Topic: NATIONAL DAY of PATRIOTIC DEVOTION  (Read 7883 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
NATIONAL DAY of PATRIOTIC DEVOTION
« on: January 24, 2017, 02:38:36 am »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: NATIONAL DAY of PATRIOTIC DEVOTION
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 02:51:21 am »
For those of you who don't wish to download the PDF - Trump is declaring the day of his inauguration the National Day of Patriotic Devotion.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 02:58:25 am »
:wtf!:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/24/2017-01798/special-observances-national-day-of-patriotic-devotion-proc-9570

Due to be published Tuesday. Text is available at the link.

Damn. My shoeshine boy didn't get my jackboots polished in time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 03:10:38 am »
Heh.  No.  I refuse to participate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

geronl

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 03:10:45 am »
For those of you who don't wish to download the PDF - Trump is declaring the day of his inauguration the National Day of Patriotic Devotion.

A Proclamation of Il Douche himself!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 04:42:48 am »
Don't say I didn't tell everyone that he studied the Hitler book on his nightstand.  Next thing you know he will have wives staying home making babies to increase American citizenry.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 04:49:27 am »
A Proclamation of Il Douche himself!

"National Day of Trump Devotion"

I believe Trump puts himself on an equal basis with God, so he needs one day a year for people to worship him, and that is just the beginning.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 04:57:10 am »
Trump can take the criticism, Christians are persecuted.

I"d suggest that GeronL, Victoria33 and ChosenDaughter develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and find a good church.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 05:00:03 am »
:wtf!:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/24/2017-01798/special-observances-national-day-of-patriotic-devotion-proc-9570

Due to be published Tuesday. Text is available at the link.

January 20th, 2017 already happened. It doesn't sound like this will be yearly.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 05:02:58 am »
Don't say I didn't tell everyone that he studied the Hitler book on his nightstand.  Next thing you know he will have wives staying home making babies to increase American citizenry.

@mystery-ak

Your "Hitler" comparison to President Trump is disgusting and no different than that whack-job, Ashley Judd.   But it's what we've come to expect with some of you Trump haters.   

We've got Memorial Day....Labor Day....President's Day...an Independence Day.

WTF is wrong with Patriot's Day?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 05:04:43 am »
@mystery-ak

Your "Hitler" comparison to President Trump is disgusting and no different than that whack-job, Ashley Judd.   But it's what we've come to expect with some of you Trump haters.   

I agree DC, Chosen Daughter does this repeatedly; I believe this person needs to read the Bible and find Christ.

@ChosenDaughter

The reference is from something a wife said in Divorce Proceedings per a book on the nightstand, iow, take it for what it's worth.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:05:52 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 05:08:57 am »
This proclamation by Donny is pointless and stupid. It mirrors Obama's dumb assery trying to change the meaning of 911 into some Commie day of service. No one wants this and no one will do this.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 05:10:38 am »
I agree DC, Chosen Daughter does this repeatedly; I believe this person needs to read the Bible and find Christ.

@ChosenDaughter

The reference is from something a wife said in Divorce Proceedings per a book on the nightstand, iow, take it for what it's worth.

She'll tell you that she's an "ultra-Conservative"....like a couple of others boast in here.

What she said is well over the line....and I'm not going to stand for it. 

And neither should the rest of TBR.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 06:05:51 am »
Trump can take the criticism, Christians are persecuted.

I"d suggest that GeronL, Victoria33 and ChosenDaughter develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and find a good church.
@TomSea

Really..I'd suggest you grow up...

I realize you are still in jr or high school, but boy, you need to be slapped on your ass for questioning anybody's relationship to the Lord

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 06:46:26 am »
@TomSea

Really..I'd suggest you grow up...

I realize you are still in jr or high school, but boy, you need to be slapped on your ass for questioning anybody's relationship to the Lord

I don't know. He may like that.

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 06:49:18 am »
If had only named it:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 12:50:08 pm »
@mystery-ak

Doesn't "Patriots Day" already exist (in Boston, anyway)?
Isn't that April 15th?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 01:15:34 pm »
She'll tell you that she's an "ultra-Conservative"....like a couple of others boast in here.

What she said is well over the line....and I'm not going to stand for it. 

And neither should the rest of TBR.

That is it. Don't presume to speak for me. Your fanaticism is EXACTLY what led to the rise of Naziism.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 01:19:33 pm »

That you can't see what is wrong with any president declaring the day of THEIR inauguration a Day of Patriotic Devotion (NOT patriots day, like you are trying to say) is the problem.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 01:31:07 pm »
Doesn't "Patriots Day" already exist (in Boston, anyway)?
Isn't that April 15th?
Celebrates on the third Monday in April the 4/19/1775 battles of Lexington and Concord
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 01:33:51 pm »
One day only, no need to freak out:
Trump declares National Day of Patriotic Devotion...but you already missed it
Christine Wang
16 Hours Ago
CNBC.com

President Donald Trump has unveiled the date for his national day of patriotism... but it has already passed.

According to a document published by the office of the Federal Register, the 45th president of the United States proclaimed Jan. 20, 2017 — Trump's Inauguration Day — to be a National Day of Patriotic Devotion. Trump made the proclamation "in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country — and to renew the duties of Government to the people."

"A new national pride stirs the American soul and inspires the American heart. We are one people, united by a common destiny and a shared purpose," the proclamation said.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer first revealed the move last week in one of his first tweets from the official press secretary account.

Often, presidential proclamations of days of observance are made in advance so that people can make plans for how they want to recognize the day, whether it's through service or a moment of silence. Trump's instead designated a day that has already passed.

Presidents can declare a one-time holiday through executive order, but Congress holds the power to create annual federal holidays. In 2004, for example, George W. Bush issued an executive order for a national day of mourning following Ronald Reagan's death, shutting down the federal government for a day.

Trump's National Day of Patriotic Devotion shouldn't be confused with previous presidential proclamations with similar names.

In 2002, Bush proclaimed September 11 as Patriot Day. He first declared the day in 2001 as a National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for the Victims of the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001.

In 2014, Barack Obama also proclaimed it as Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance.

Bush and Obama's presidential proclamations made September 11 a national observance, but not a federal holiday.

There are also similarly named state holidays, which were declared in honor of different historical events. In Maine, Patriot's Day falls on the third Monday in April. In Massachusetts, Patriots' Day is observed on April 19.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 02:02:12 pm »
One day only, no need to freak out:

All the more illustration that it's all about him, not the country.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 02:02:19 pm »
I have not read the proclamation but if there is no reference to Trump, I don't have an issue with it.

That said, things such as this bear watching. Among the multitude of reasons I disdained Obama was his King-sized ego combined with an absence of humility.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 02:04:11 pm »
Agreed, Lando.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 02:07:27 pm »
That is it. Don't presume to speak for me. Your fanaticism is EXACTLY what led to the rise of Naziism.

If fascism comes to America it will come hiding behind Godwin's law.