Author Topic: NATIONAL DAY of PATRIOTIC DEVOTION  (Read 7884 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: NATIONAL DAY of PATRIOTIC DEVOTION
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 02:18:41 pm »
All the more illustration that it's all about him, not the country.

Bingo
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 02:21:49 pm »
Trump can take the criticism, Christians are persecuted.

I"d suggest that GeronL, Victoria33 and ChosenDaughter develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and find a good church.

@TomSea, that's way out of line.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 02:28:06 pm »
That is it. Don't presume to speak for me. Your fanaticism is EXACTLY what led to the rise of Naziism.

Not presuming to speak for anyone else, @bigheadfred.

I'm not going to stand for a real fanatic in here comparing our GOP President to Hitler.   Not gonna happen or I'll be right up your a$$ with my boot.

Got it??  Get it?   Good!!   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 02:29:47 pm »
That you can't see what is wrong with any president declaring the day of THEIR inauguration a Day of Patriotic Devotion (NOT patriots day, like you are trying to say) is the problem.

Okay....that's makes perfect sense to me.  Sorry about that.

But...enough of the Hitler conflating with Trump.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 02:31:27 pm »
I have not read the proclamation but if there is no reference to Trump, I don't have an issue with it.

That said, things such as this bear watching. Among the multitude of reasons I disdained Obama was his King-sized ego combined with an absence of humility.

Agreed on both counts.   :beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 02:42:28 pm »
Not presuming to speak for anyone else, @bigheadfred.

I'm not going to stand for a real fanatic in here comparing our GOP President to Hitler.   Not gonna happen or I'll be right up your a$$ with my boot.

Got it??  Get it?   Good!!

Settle down DC...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 03:42:46 pm »
If fascism comes to America it will come hiding behind Godwin's law.

QFT

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 03:44:33 pm »
Make every day a day of patriotic devotion by honoring the constitution.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:45:38 pm by Cripplecreek »

Wingnut

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 03:59:26 pm »
One day only, no need to freak out:
Trump declares National Day of Patriotic Devotion...but you already missed it
Christine Wang
16 Hours Ago
CNBC.com

President Donald Trump has unveiled the date for his national day of patriotism... but it has already passed.

According to a document published by the office of the Federal Register, the 45th president of the United States proclaimed Jan. 20, 2017 — Trump's Inauguration Day — to be a National Day of Patriotic Devotion. Trump made the proclamation "in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country — and to renew the duties of Government to the people."

"A new national pride stirs the American soul and inspires the American heart. We are one people, united by a common destiny and a shared purpose," the proclamation said.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer first revealed the move last week in one of his first tweets from the official press secretary account.

Often, presidential proclamations of days of observance are made in advance so that people can make plans for how they want to recognize the day, whether it's through service or a moment of silence. Trump's instead designated a day that has already passed.

Presidents can declare a one-time holiday through executive order, but Congress holds the power to create annual federal holidays. In 2004, for example, George W. Bush issued an executive order for a national day of mourning following Ronald Reagan's death, shutting down the federal government for a day.

Trump's National Day of Patriotic Devotion shouldn't be confused with previous presidential proclamations with similar names.

In 2002, Bush proclaimed September 11 as Patriot Day. He first declared the day in 2001 as a National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for the Victims of the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001.

In 2014, Barack Obama also proclaimed it as Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance.

Bush and Obama's presidential proclamations made September 11 a national observance, but not a federal holiday.

There are also similarly named state holidays, which were declared in honor of different historical events. In Maine, Patriot's Day falls on the third Monday in April. In Massachusetts, Patriots' Day is observed on April 19.

Thanks @mountaineer  for posting that.

So That's what all this hand wringing and consternation and fighting is about?

Looks like a huge nothing burger to me. A stupid ill conceived proclamation at most.
I think I'll read a Quix Thread about Martians being behind the JFK assassination.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:00:54 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 04:57:50 pm »
@montanajoe   
@bigheadfred 
@Suppressed 
@Sanguine 
@Oceander[/member
@Quix
@mystery-ak

Someone said, "I'd suggest that ...Victoria33... develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and find a good church."

I don't think a priest at my Catholic church, whom I help with his English every Tuesday, including this afternoon, would agree with that statement.    :amen:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:00:36 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 05:18:16 pm »
Settle down DC...

You made a rule long ago, against this Nazi name calling. Why not enforce it?????

"Every Republican Presidential Candidate Is Hitler-The “Big Lie” has been around for over fifty years."

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262157/every-republican-presidential-candidate-hitler-daniel-greenfield

This name calling is what liberals do.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:20:55 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 05:38:38 pm »
You made a rule long ago, against this Nazi name calling. Why not enforce it?????

"Every Republican Presidential Candidate Is Hitler-The “Big Lie” has been around for over fifty years."

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262157/every-republican-presidential-candidate-hitler-daniel-greenfield

This name calling is what liberals do.

That's great and all, but what's your point?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 05:48:16 pm »
Make every day a day of patriotic devotion by honoring the constitution.  :patriot:
Amen :patriot:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 06:25:56 pm »
To get us back on track, this is not unusual. Obama did the same thing. He declared his first inaugural day the 'National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation'.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=%22National+Day+of+Renewal+and+Reconciliation%22&d=4815716516761950&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=eXHbHSIO4jSN73JjSU7WMbbSLtHvHLJL

And, as I recall, our side threw an absolute fit as it was claimed Obama was basically making a holiday to himself. Comparing Obama to third world dictators and such who make holidays to themselves.  Example:
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168414/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168823/posts

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 07:53:54 pm »
@mystery-ak

I'm out.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 07:59:17 pm »
@mystery-ak

I'm out.

It's a good thing, Fred, because we already missed it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 08:00:26 pm »
I don't think a priest at my Catholic church, whom I help with his English every Tuesday, including this afternoon, would agree with that statement.    :amen:

If it wasn't so offensive, that line about you, @Victoria33, would be pretty hilarious. 

I can vouch for @Victoria33's personal witness to others in need.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:00:45 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 08:06:17 pm »

I"d suggest that GeronL, Victoria33 and ChosenDaughter develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and find a good church.

Tom that is a terrible thing to post and you owe them an apology!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 08:06:34 pm »
To get us back on track, this is not unusual. Obama did the same thing. He declared his first inaugural day the 'National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation'.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=%22National+Day+of+Renewal+and+Reconciliation%22&d=4815716516761950&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=eXHbHSIO4jSN73JjSU7WMbbSLtHvHLJL

And, as I recall, our side threw an absolute fit as it was claimed Obama was basically making a holiday to himself. Comparing Obama to third world dictators and such who make holidays to themselves.  Example:
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168414/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168823/posts

Typical of the hypocrisy now on display at TOS.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 08:09:18 pm »
Please stop the Nazi references....I would remove all of them but there wouldn't be a thread left since everyone had to quote them.
Support the USO

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2017, 08:18:17 pm »
Typical of the hypocrisy now on display at TOS.

geronl

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 08:23:45 pm »

Christians are most often persecuted by people who worship government. You can find real persecution in places like Russia where Putin has banned the sharing of the faith outside of the walls of a church, even from talking about it at home.

But he sure does like to boast about those Russian prostitutes.

geronl

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2017, 08:25:33 pm »

Name-calling is what Trump supporters do, all the time without fail. Especially against conservatives.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 12:26:07 am »
That you can't see what is wrong with any president declaring the day of THEIR inauguration a Day of Patriotic Devotion (NOT patriots day, like you are trying to say) is the problem.

I thought we already had a national day of patriotic devotion or two: called Independence Day,
or the Fourth of July if one prefers; and, Memorial Day.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 12:30:58 am »

Don't some of the people in this and the previous few administrations, not to mention some people who
populate news forums, have to know the Constitution in order to honour it? ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.