Author Topic: NATIONAL DAY of PATRIOTIC DEVOTION  (Read 7913 times)

Wingnut

Re: NATIONAL DAY of PATRIOTIC DEVOTION
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 12:39:07 am »
Name-calling is what Trump supporters do, all the time without fail. Especially against conservatives.

You are starting to resemble that remark.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 12:44:10 am »
Not presuming to speak for anyone else, @bigheadfred.

I'm not going to stand for a real fanatic in here comparing our GOP President to Hitler.   Not gonna happen or I'll be right up your a$$ with my boot.

Got it??  Get it?   Good!!

Oh piss off. Why is your personal ego so tied up in whether we like trump or not?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2017, 12:47:24 am »
The NeverTrumps are angry and vindictive.

The AlwaysTrumps are angry and vindictive.

The only reasonable, level headed and mellow poster here is me.....so you all can pound sand.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:48:05 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 12:47:39 am »
To get us back on track, this is not unusual. Obama did the same thing. He declared his first inaugural day the 'National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation'.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=%22National+Day+of+Renewal+and+Reconciliation%22&d=4815716516761950&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=eXHbHSIO4jSN73JjSU7WMbbSLtHvHLJL

And, as I recall, our side threw an absolute fit as it was claimed Obama was basically making a holiday to himself. Comparing Obama to third world dictators and such who make holidays to themselves.  Example:
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168414/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168823/posts

Thank you for this. It was weird when obama did it and it's weird now.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2017, 12:54:55 am »

The only reasonable, level headed and mellow poster here is me.....so you all can pound sand.

It's true:  You are the only one.  I never much cared abut Trump one way or the other, and I'm angry and vindictive anyway.....so pound sand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2017, 01:03:24 am »

I am a mellow fellow.   Don't Bogart it Francis!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 01:40:42 am »

You stand in stark contrast to me, Mr. Nut.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:43:06 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

geronl

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2017, 01:45:45 am »
You are starting to resemble that remark.

I attack Trump because he is wrong and his sycophantic kneepadd brigade attack and belittle me personally. They are the stuff that sewage would avoid.

Wingnut

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2017, 01:48:05 am »
You stand in stark contrast to me, Mr. Nut.

I have found you you to be a mellow mushroom lover.   The hippy pizza place with the VW microbus in it... that is! 

:amen:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2017, 01:52:51 am »

They call you . . .

Donovan, "Mellow Yellow"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 01:54:04 am »
I attack Trump because he is wrong and his sycophantic kneepadd brigade attack and belittle me personally. They are the stuff that sewage would avoid.

Don't let the bastards get you down. Hell...all you need is a new fan for your laptop and all will be good in the world!

Wingnut

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2017, 02:00:07 am »
They call you . . .

Donovan, "Mellow Yellow"

Ace... I read earlier music posts that @mystery-ak was a huge donavon fan.   Me..not so much.
But I confess I did buy his Mellow Yellow on a 45.   

I was mad about Saffron...but she was not mad about me!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:01:10 am by Wingnut »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2017, 02:02:10 am »
Ace... I read hear on earlier music posts that @mystery-ak was a huge donavon fan.   Me..not so much.
But I confess I did buy his Mellow Yellow on a 45. 

;) I liked Donovan too. I had his Mellow Yellow and Donovan in Concert LPs back in the year.

I was mad about Saffron...but she was not mad about me!

You think you had trouble? I couldn't find one supermarket selling the e-lec-trical banana!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Wingnut

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2017, 02:16:09 am »
;) I liked Donovan too. I had his Mellow Yellow and Donovan in Concert LPs back in the year.

You think you had trouble? I couldn't find one supermarket selling the e-lec-trical banana!
Okay.  I say lol alot.... but Goddamit  I just spit 4 Hands Cab Sav out on my white couch.  :

:beer:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2017, 02:20:55 am »
Okay.  I say lol alot.... but Goddamit  I just spit 4 Hands Cab Sav out on my white couch.  :

(only because they don't have a bourbon toast icon!)

Wingnut

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 02:27:26 am »
(only because they don't have a bourbon toast icon!)

Just a side note.  If you ever find that damn "Banana"  Could you let me know.  I would love to show it to my wife.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2017, 03:06:08 am »
Just a side note.  If you ever find that damn "Banana"  Could you let me know.  I would love to show it to my wife.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:10:00 am by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2017, 03:14:24 am »
220v ?

I know, right?  I don't know how Brits even get from day to day without killing themselves by just walking near those blasted outlets.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2017, 03:23:22 am »

Which end gets plugged in?

I hate engineers.  they always miss the big picture.

I know, right?  I don't know how Brits even get from day to day without killing themselves by just walking near those blasted outlets.

220v ?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:26:21 am by Wingnut »

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 07:00:15 am »
Trump can take the criticism, Christians are persecuted.

I"d suggest that GeronL, Victoria33 and ChosenDaughter develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and find a good church.

Yes Christians are persecuted by people like you.  The proclamation is weird.  I was telling the truth and that's what Christians do.  He did keep Hitler's book by his bed.  True, true, true.  He even admitted it. 

Might I remind Trump made the Hitler comparison himself recently.  That's OK right? 

I have posted both praise and disgust for Trump in his first few days.  The proclamation sounded like Trump worship and I don't bow down to bunnies.

Recap / VeggieTales Episode 4 Rack, Shack and Benny

Countertop Intro

On the countertop, Bob is alone while greeting the kids, but when he notices that Larry is absent, Larry calls out that he's coming. From off-screen, Larry ends up crashing into some stuff, and when he finally arrives, it turns out that the reason for this is because he has an oversized oven mitt on his head, which he christens his "new hat". When Bob expresses concern that Larry cannot see anything from wearing the oven mitt, Larry retorts that according to "Veggie Beat" magazines, all the cool people wear oven mitts on their heads. Bob then remembers that they got a letter from Dexter Wilmington from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who explains that when he's visiting his friend, Billy, Billy wants to watch a show that Dexter is not supposed to watch, but Billy tells him that if he doesn't watch it, it means he's not cool, so he wants to know what he should do. Larry then decides to consult Qwerty about this problem, but unfortunately, because of the oven mitt that completely obscures his vision, he winds up falling into the kitchen sink. Bob then tells Dexter that while he's trying to get Larry out of the sink, he should watch a story about three boys named Rack, Shack and Benny who were faced with the exact same problem.

Rack, Shack and Benny

We are introduced to the narrator of the story, an old onion named George, who serves as the gatekeeper to the Nezzer Chocolate Factory. George then explains that the real names of Rack, Shack and Benny are Shadrach, Meshach and Abenego, but everyone else called them by their nicknames, since they couldn't remember the three boys' real names. George then explains that every morning at the Chocolate Factory, everyone works hard to make sure that everything is going smoothly, before noticing that it's almost 8 o'clock, which means that it's time for the morning milk delivery. Laura then approaches the front gate and, in her speaking debut, explains to George in song that she'd love to stay and talk, but she doesn't have the time because everyone works really hard at the chocolate factory. After Laura arrives at the factory, she meets up with Mr. Lunt, who tells her through song that she's in trouble because she's two minutes late for work, before he also orders the other employees (which are played by a multitude of peas) to get back to work.
We are then introduced to Rack, Shack and Benny (played, respectively, by Bob the Tomato, Junior Asparagus, and Larry the Cucumber), who also explain through song that they don't have any time to play because they have a lot of work to do in the factory. The employees of the factory are hard at work, making sure that all of the chocolate bunnies are made, as well as disposing of any bunnies that have been made wrong. Soon, the song ends as Laura takes off in her delivery truck to deliver the chocolate bunnies. As a lone chocolate bunny falls out of the back of the truck and lands in front of George, George then explains that everyday, they make over 14,000 chocolate bunnies, before explaining that Nebby K. Nezzer, the boss of the chocolate factory, isn't exactly a bad man, but he just gets confused real easily sometimes. George then demonstrates this by stating that it all happened when Mr. Nezzer made a big announcement.
Back inside the factory, the workers are still hard at work, when a video screen appears, before Mr. Nezzer appears on the screen, announcing that this morning, they have shipped their two millionth chocolate bunny and decides to reward everyone by allowing them to eat as many chocolate bunnies as they like for the next 30 minutes. After this announcement is made, Mr. Lunt compliments Mr. Nezzer for allowing everyone to eat the bunnies, while Mr. Nezzer is confident that everyone will give their praise to him for this announcement. While the rest of the employees ravenously eat as many of the bunnies as they like, Shack is a little bit uncertain about this decision, telling Rack and Benny that they shouldn't eat any more bunnies, because it isn't good to eat too much candy in one sitting. When Rack and Benny argue about this, stating that everyone else is doing it, Shack retorts back that they should remember what their parents taught them, as well as remembering a song that his mother used to sing to him back when he was really little. After Shack sings a little bit of the song, he then tells Rack and Benny that even though their parents aren't with them, they can still remember everything that they've learned from this. This finally convinces Rack and Benny not to eat any more bunnies.
As time passes, the other employees are still eating chocolate bunnies, but after a while they begin to feel rather sick from doing so. At the end of the 30 minutes free-for-all, Mr. Nezzer and Mr. Lunt then head into the workroom before noticing that everyone has become sick as dogs as a result of eating too many chocolate bunnies. Mr. Nezzer is angered by this, before Mr. Lunt notices that Rack, Shack and Benny are the only ones who are still standing up. When Mr. Nezzer and Mr. Lunt approach the three boys, he is impressed by their resilience before telling them that he's going to promote them to Junior Executives (which, according to Mr. Lunt, means that you have to wear a tie when Benny asks what it means). After Mr. Nezzer tells Rack, Shack and Benny to meet him in his office first thing in the morning, George then shows up, stating that Rack, Shack and Benny are able to get on Mr. Nezzer's good side, before adding that the three boys are in for a big surprise when they come into Mr. Nezzer's office.
The next morning, Rack, Shack and Benny are greeted by Mr. Nezzer, who then explains that he will have everyone of his faithful employees bow down to a chocolate bunny statue, before showing them a model of the statue, to which he says that the real thing is 90 feet tall. Mr. Nezzer then explains further that it will be a beautiful day when everyone bows down to the statue and sings a song known as "The Bunny Song", which Benny says that he's not familiar with and asks Mr. Nezzer to hum a few bars. Mr. Nezzer then obliges as he starts singing "The Bunny Song", talking about how much he loves the bunny and not anything else. After the song ends, Rack, Shack and Benny are a little bit troubled by the lyrics, with Rack asking what will happen when anyone doesn't sing the song. Mr. Nezzer answers that question by showing the three boys the furnace where bunnies, before he says in a rather intimidating matter, "Let's just say in my mind, if you don't bow down and sing the song, you're a bad bunny". Mr. Nezzer then hops off before telling Rack, Shack and Benny to get plenty of sleep because tomorrow is the big day. George then shows up and states that "The Bunny Song" was full of stuff that the three boys knew was wrong, then asks the viewers what they would do if they were them, but decides to hold that thought as the ceremony is about to begin.
The next morning, when everyone is gathered outside, Mr. Nezzer then announces that it is now time to bow to the bunny and sing "The Bunny Song". While everyone else bows down, Rack, Shack and Benny are the only ones who do not bow, before Mr. Nezzer and Mr. Lunt approach them, with Mr. Nezzer telling them to sing. In response, Shack instead starts singing the lullaby that his mother used to sing to him, before Rack and Benny also join in as well. After the trio finish singing, Mr. Nezzer is touched from hearing this song and says that he'll be singing that song... as he throws them into the furnace, before calling out to the guards to take them to the fiery furnace. Three carrot guards then approach the trio, while Laura states that she has to help them, before noticing Mr. Nezzer's delivery truck.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/VeggieTalesEpisode4RackShackAndBenny

Don’t eat to much bunny!  And  don’t bow down to the bunny.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:19:33 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 07:48:57 am »
Not presuming to speak for anyone else, @bigheadfred.

I'm not going to stand for a real fanatic in here comparing our GOP President to Hitler.   Not gonna happen or I'll be right up your a$$ with my boot.

Got it??  Get it?   Good!!

The proclamation was equal to the time Michelle Obama said for the first time in her adult life she was proud of America.

It was the same exact thing.  Trumps inauguration day time to be proud of America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYY73RO_egw

Weird and I would not have posted that except that I read the proclamation and that is what came to mind.  Can't help it.  It was weird.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 07:53:02 am »
To get us back on track, this is not unusual. Obama did the same thing. He declared his first inaugural day the 'National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation'.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=%22National+Day+of+Renewal+and+Reconciliation%22&d=4815716516761950&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=eXHbHSIO4jSN73JjSU7WMbbSLtHvHLJL

And, as I recall, our side threw an absolute fit as it was claimed Obama was basically making a holiday to himself. Comparing Obama to third world dictators and such who make holidays to themselves.  Example:
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168414/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168823/posts

Now this could explain things.  Trump is in competition with Obama.  Has to prove he has bigger crowd.  Obama had a proclamation.  Trump does too.