Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43543 times)

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2017, 10:11:42 pm »
I will say this much: pretty much all of my city-dwelling female friends, and a good chunk of the male ones too, were either supporting this or actually out in the streets with them—and most of them aren't the activist kind.

I'm not surprised this happened, given Trump's history. However, it was quite tiring seeing the same old clichés.

Surprised to speak with my daughter in Denver this morning.  Many of her friends, conservative women and men were out in the park yesterday as a measure of their disdain for this president.

Offline flowers

« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2017, 10:12:26 pm »
World Series Cub win? @Wingnut 

Wingnut

« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2017, 10:15:41 pm »
World Series Cub win? @Wingnut

Yes.  I believe that is Grant Park and the surrounding area.

@flowers
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:16:36 pm by Wingnut »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2017, 10:15:43 pm »
Surprised to speak with my daughter in Denver this morning.  Many of her friends, conservative women and men were out in the park yesterday as a measure of their disdain for this president.

That's the point I'm trying to get across.

Even though there were leftist loons and awful, vulgar, fat, angry "feminists" there doesn't mean the entire march can be dismissed out of hand.

MANY conservatives hold Trump in contempt because of his filthy attitude toward women.

To think that the number is insignificant is to deny reality.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2017, 10:17:54 pm »

Yeah............... never mind that Trump was 58 years old when he was just "bragging" about how he degrades and assaults women just because he can......

It's just what "BOYS" do.

Only this BOY is now our President.

And he has far more power over women than he had before.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2017, 10:20:47 pm »
Yeah............... never mind that Trump was 58 years old when he was just "bragging" about how he degrades and assaults women just because he can......

Oh, Jesus, Lord, God and Savior.....please SHUT UP!     22222frying pan
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2017, 10:31:05 pm »

My husband has several different gym memberships and says that the are a few men who really do talk like this. These men have tumultuous and violent relationships based solely on sexual gratification. The women they date are just like they are. These men run in their own pack because decent men don't want to associate with them. Basically, they are losers.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2017, 10:38:39 pm »
My husband has several different gym memberships and says that the are a few men who really do talk like this. These men have tumultuous and violent relationships based solely on sexual gratification. The women they date are just like they are. These men run in their own pack because decent men don't want to associate with them. Basically, they are losers.

Just from the quotes in the interview, it's clear that both "violent" and "loser" are characteristics of the boy saying it.

Every male in my family is an athlete with multiple experiences in gyms, and they echo your husband's experience.

Decent men don't talk this way.

THAT is why so many women are repulsed by Trump, and this march cannot be summarily dismissed as only a gathering of leftist misfits.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2017, 10:45:37 pm »
Just from the quotes in the interview, it's clear that both "violent" and "loser" are characteristics of the boy saying it.

Every male in my family is an athlete with multiple experiences in gyms, and they echo your husband's experience.

THAT is why so many women are repulsed by Trump, and this march cannot be summarily dismissed as only a gathering of leftist misfits.

And I'm getting really sick of hearing, "Yeah, but Clinton . . . " It's over and nothing will ever be done about Bill's sexual misconduct and alleged sex crimes. As conservatives we cannot justify lowering our standards because the other side did it. That's what liberals do: make excuses.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2017, 10:46:46 pm »

88devil   Bless you @DCPatriot

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2017, 10:48:35 pm »

Love free speech as long as you get to do the speaking don't ya!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2017, 10:49:11 pm »

I just cannot take it anymore...gotta......................do...............this......................... :banghead: :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog:

Oh my musiclady, you are just somethin' else Pfft! 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2017, 10:49:45 pm »
And I'm getting really sick of hearing, "Yeah, but Clinton . . . " It's over and nothing will ever be done about Bill's sexual misconduct and alleged sex crimes. As conservatives we cannot justify lowering our standards because the other side did it. That's what liberals do: make excuses.

But it's over now.  Trump won.  And you don't go into battle with the Army you want, you go into battle with the Army you have, and we are in a life-or-death struggle with The Left in this country.  And like it or not, for now, Trump is our "Army". 

If you want to have this conversation, let's do it in 2020 when Trump will be challenged for the GOP Nomination.   Until then, we need to make sure he does as good of a job as he can.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2017, 10:52:11 pm »

And yet, that is exactly what we're doing, isn't it?

We're praising a Bill Clinton, and making excuses for his degradation of women and abuse of power.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:38 pm »
But it's over now.  Trump won.  And you don't go into battle with the Army you want, you go into battle with the Army you have, and we are in a life-or-death struggle with The Left in this country.  And like it or not, for now, Trump is our "Army". 

If you want to have this conversation, let's do it in 2020 when Trump will be challenged for the GOP Nomination.   Until then, we need to make sure he does as good of a job as he can.

So you are saying that we no longer should have this "conversation" regardless of how poorly it reflects on the Republican party or the remnants of conservatism?

IOW, we need to shut up and forget who Trump is just because he "won?"

These are serious questions....

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2017, 10:57:31 pm »
So you are saying that we no longer should have this "conversation" regardless of how poorly it reflects on the Republican party or the remnants of conservatism?

Do you want Trump to fail?    Even if it means he would have enacted a lot of things that Conservatives are on board with?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2017, 10:59:14 pm »

No, they are not.   **nononono*

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2017, 11:02:10 pm »

I am not a trump fan   That said he was a better alternative than Hillary.  I sincerely hope trump holds the conservative values he endorsed during the election and I want him to succeed for our countries sake.  If he does half of what he said he would I will be pleasantly surprised.  Remembering God can use flawed vessels I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves himself one way or the other.  Anyone who can't do that should examine their motivations.
God is still in control

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2017, 11:02:51 pm »
No, they are not.   **nononono*

So you now get to decide what is or is not important?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:04:46 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2017, 11:03:42 pm »
I am not a trump fan   That said he was a better alternative than Hillary.  I sincerely hope trump holds the conservative values he endorsed during the election and I want him to succeed for our countries sake.  If he does half of what he said he would I will be pleasantly surprised.  Remembering God can use flawed vessels I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves himself one way or the other.  Anyone who can't do that should examine their motivations.
:thumbsup2:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2017, 11:03:50 pm »
Do you want Trump to fail?    Even if it means he would have enacted a lot of things that Conservatives are on board with?

That isn't an answer to either of my questions.

Are you saying that Trump's rampant immorality and degradation of women should not be discussed until 2020?  That the fact that his lifestyle values do not reflect anything that is remotely conservative needs to be ignored for four years?

IOW, are you saying that we, as conservatives, need to deep six our own values and allow the leftist lies (or at least what used to be lies) about Conservatives be proven right?

What exactly are you saying?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2017, 11:04:08 pm »

:beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2017, 11:05:26 pm »
Remember David was an adulterer and a murderer.  Character matters but God can and does work through imperfect humans.  Thank God for that because I am a very flawed vessel that still hopes to be of service to my King
God is still in control

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2017, 11:06:08 pm »
That isn't an answer to either of my questions.

Are you saying that Trump's rampant immorality and degradation of women should not be discussed until 2020?  That the fact that his lifestyle values do not reflect anything that is remotely conservative needs to be ignored for four years?

To be honest. Yes.   There was plenty of talk about it during the election cycle.   At this point it's just beating a dead horse.   Now, in 2020 it will be relevant again as he will face opposition to his nomination, based on his performance as POTUS.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2017, 11:07:22 pm »

My own motivation is that I actually believe in the things that conservatives and Republicans used to hold dear.

That IS my motivation.

That Trump is better than Hillary is clear.

But 'giving him a chance' does not even remotely mean overlooking his degradation of women, and the idea that those of us who can't overlook it should be silenced is absurd.