Author Topic: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History  (Read 33448 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2017, 06:46:59 pm »

Idiot, I was just mentioning that Trump never got a majority of votes, not delegates. He failed to get one in both the primary and general.

Exactly correct on all counts.

He managed a plurality in vote totals to get the nomination.

He lost the Popular vote in the General and simply captured enough states to give him the EC edge over Clinton.

Trump has no mandate except in the eyes of his rabid worshippers.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2017, 07:02:32 pm »
So you and the Establishment agree: no need for Primaries anymore - the Party will just select their nominee by decree.

The party has ALWAYS  been the one to select its nominee.

As far as primaries are concerned, what is your point?

We have never lived in a country wherein the popular vote decides the Presidential nominee, either in a party or in general election.

Are you advocating something different?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2017, 07:16:42 pm »

Idiot, I was just mentioning that Trump never got a majority of votes, not delegates. He failed to get one in both the primary and general.

Ok, I see what you meant, although the insult is not necessary.

My point is that it is a mute point on all fronts, as it is not the way elections work in this country.  If you advocate differently then you are supporting the erosion on how this country selects its highest official, and plays into the hands of the libs.

And BTW, I am far less of a Trump supporter than a supporter of the Constitution of this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2017, 08:32:39 pm »

We have never lived in a country wherein the popular vote decides the Presidential nominee, either in a party or in general election.

The meme from the Trump Militant and Faithful has been that Trump "won" the primary and the General in a "landslide" of popular support and that Trump won "The majority of votes".

No he didn't win the "Majority" in either the primaries or the General.  He won a plurality in a primary field of 17 contenders and did not win the popular vote (a majority) in the general as Trump fanatics will insist to your face amidst the ridicule that their guy "won" and we who did not support him are "losers" - even when we supported actual Constitutional Conservatives in each trip to the polls last year.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #254 on: January 01, 2017, 09:39:48 pm »
The meme from the Trump Militant and Faithful has been that Trump "won" the primary and the General in a "landslide" of popular support and that Trump won "The majority of votes".

No he didn't win the "Majority" in either the primaries or the General.  He won a plurality in a primary field of 17 contenders and did not win the popular vote (a majority) in the general as Trump fanatics will insist to your face amidst the ridicule that their guy "won" and we who did not support him are "losers" - even when we supported actual Constitutional Conservatives in each trip to the polls last year.
I see now, you are just countering some wild claims by Trumpsters. It really makes no difference one way or the other.

That interests me, and should you too, much less than any attempt to undermine the way the Constitution declares the way this country selects its leaders.

Let them rant all they want.

Offline endicom

« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2017, 10:23:55 pm »

Memes are easily discovered with keyword searches. You lose.

HonestJohn

« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2017, 11:06:03 pm »
Exactly correct on all counts.

He managed a plurality in vote totals to get the nomination.

He lost the Popular vote in the General and simply captured enough states to give him the EC edge over Clinton.

Yep.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #257 on: January 01, 2017, 11:27:02 pm »

Memes are easily discovered with keyword searches. You lose.

TOS, FB, and a litany of assorted forums I peruse are rife with the finger-in-the-chest exclamations of that very meme still being flung in the faces of us Conservative *sore losers*.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2017, 12:22:00 am »

Reagan...at least in 1980 was most certainly not the candidate the GOP and the RNC wanted...they would have preferred Bush 41.

It was the voters in the Republican Party that wanted Reagan.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2017, 12:25:29 am »
It is quite clear that DT and his minions are using the KlintonDictionary.  They create their own meanings.....because they 'can'.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2017, 01:37:30 am »
I see now, you are just countering some wild claims by Trumpsters. It really makes no difference one way or the other.

That interests me, and should you too, much less than any attempt to undermine the way the Constitution declares the way this country selects its leaders.

Let them rant all they want.

We live in an age where perception is reality REGARDLESS of what the Constitution actually says.

In fact, Congress under the GOP has completely surrendered the Constitution to political precedent.

Good luck getting that genie back in the bottle.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2017, 02:25:08 am »
It is quite clear that DT and his minions are using the KlintonDictionary.  They create their own meanings.....because they 'can'.

I misread that. I thought it said the KlingonDictionary. Throw it at the wall and see if it sticks...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2017, 02:37:51 am »
I misread that. I thought it said the KlingonDictionary. Throw it at the wall and see if it sticks...

Head big red..  Watch out for klingons on uranus

« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2017, 02:47:21 am »
Reagan...at least in 1980 was most certainly not the candidate the GOP and the RNC wanted...they would have preferred Bush 41.

It was the voters in the Republican Party that wanted Reagan.

Well, news flash:  the Party selected Reagan, not the voters.

Does anyone yet not get that when a voter pulls the lever in the voting booth for a Presidential candidate, whether in the primary or the general, they do NOT actually vote for the candidate but for a delegate or elector instead?

Perhaps the voters influenced who the Party selected is what you wished to relay?

« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2017, 02:53:06 am »
We live in an age where perception is reality REGARDLESS of what the Constitution actually says.

In fact, Congress under the GOP has completely surrendered the Constitution to political precedent.

I happen to be one who believes in the rule of law.  The precedent you are describing seemingly says that to hell with the law, we are going into the toilet in any case, so go ahead and do anything one wishes as the law means nothing.

Bad way to approach the future, as there will be no hope for anything to change for the better.

And to say that Congress 'has completely surrendered the Constitution' is a tad dramatic too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2017, 03:04:28 am »
I happen to be one who believes in the rule of law.  The precedent you are describing seemingly says that to hell with the law, we are going into the toilet in any case, so go ahead and do anything one wishes as the law means nothing.

Bad way to approach the future, as there will be no hope for anything to change for the better.

And to say that Congress 'has completely surrendered the Constitution' is a tad dramatic too.

Nah. It isn't dramatic enough. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this debate.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

« Reply #266 on: January 02, 2017, 03:07:46 am »
Nah. It isn't dramatic enough. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this debate.

Care to relay exactly what it is you think we are 'debating'?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #267 on: January 02, 2017, 03:43:23 am »
I happen to be one who believes in the rule of law.

So what?

You and I are now a tiny minority that do.

The precedent you are describing seemingly says that to hell with the law, we are going into the toilet in any case, so go ahead and do anything one wishes as the law means nothing.

The last 8 years are a perfect case-in-point to that fact.

Tell that to a populace that sees the government as god and people seeking high office as saviors and messiahs.

Only if one willfully ignores the fruits of the last 4 years, plus.

Lip service is totally acceptable to conceal the reality of how an oligarchy actually rules.

geronl

« Reply #268 on: January 02, 2017, 04:50:01 am »

That he won the GOP primary shows that the plurality of GOP primary voters WANTED him. 

Many were Democrats crossing over

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #269 on: January 02, 2017, 12:46:43 pm »

First step is appointing good judges to the court. I would say it's the only way.

It's why I held my nose and pulled the lever for Der Trumpenfuerer. I'm still hoping that wasn't a mistake.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #270 on: January 02, 2017, 12:49:59 pm »
Many were Democrats crossing over

The idiots bragged about the democrat crossovers.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #271 on: January 02, 2017, 01:10:05 pm »
The idiots bragged about the democrat crossovers.

Except, 'this' idiot PREDICTED those democrat crossovers would be the key to canceling out "the idiots" who aligned with #nevertrump.

Damn...I'm good, ain't I?    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jpsb

« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2017, 01:36:01 pm »

@INVAR

It's good to know that you are quite happy to continue the globalist Marxist status quo. I was told this was a conservative forum? Was I miss informed? Since when are conservatives opposed to a mandate of securing the border, reducing illegal immigration, deporting criminal illegals, negotiating better fairer trade deals, building up our military and fighting our real enemy, radical Islam? I would think any real conservative would be opposed to continuing Obamas' pro globalist, pro Muslim, anti-American big government policies. But that's just me.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2017, 01:41:00 pm »
TOS, FB, and a litany of assorted forums I peruse are rife with the finger-in-the-chest exclamations of that very meme still being flung in the faces of us Conservative *sore losers*.

Reading your comments leads me to ask, if you are not a "sore loser" than what are you? You certainly sound like a sore loser to me. Are you also in favor of doing away with the electoral college? Are you sorry Hillary did not win?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2017, 01:41:15 pm »
Yep; we don't know what percentage of people in '12 held back their vote for Romney; but I see some anti-Romneys discredit Putin; well, Mitt called it right on Russia. I certainly voted for Romney's strong foreign policy and we have in part, the mess we have today because Obama reigned.