Author Topic: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy  (Read 8269 times)

Silver Pines

Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy
By ANNA GIARITELLI (@ANNA_GIARITELLI) • 12/15/16 5:31 PM

President-elect Trump's daughter, Ivanka, is lobbying Congress ahead of her father's inauguration next month to start working on reforms to childcare policies — an issue she championed while on the campaign trail.

The 35-year-old mother of three and business owner has been calling House and Senate lawmakers encouraging them to get moving on legislation, the CEO of Main Street Republican Partnership told IJR on Thursday.

"She's calling some to talk about the child care provisions," Sarah Chamberlain said. "It's gonna be a big issue for her ... I think she's hoping to [play a large role in the administration]."

Read more at:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ivanka-trump-calling-lawmakers-urging-action-on-childcare-policy/article/2609778

Silver Pines

Re: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:27:49 am »
She needs to shut her mouth and butt out.  But she won't.  As someone said here today, we have a new royal family.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 12:28:42 am »
Josh Hammer ‏@josh_hammer  2h2 hours ago
Josh Hammer Retweeted Michael LaRosa
T minus ~24 hours until this overtly Leftist policy suddenly becomes "Republican orthodoxy..."

geronl

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 12:29:37 am »
Ivanka, a lobbyist in the White House

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:44:43 am »
Ivanka...the Democrat Party 'Assassin', in the White House.

If she can provide women better choices in childcare, it would do wonders for the Women Vote.

Try being a 'Big Picture' person once in awhile.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 12:47:50 am »

If she can provide women better choices in childcare, it would do wonders for the Women Vote.

@DCPatriot

There we go!  Quicker than anyone expected. 

geronl

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 12:49:40 am »

@DCPatriot

There we go!  Quicker than anyone expected.

Yep, the sycophants are ready to go full-blown liberal on a moments notice

Offline beandog

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 12:49:52 am »

I prefer to be a conservative.  The "Big Picture" is that you should take care of your own children and not expect my taxes to go to paying for your childrens childcare.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 12:59:54 am »
Ivanka, a lobbyist in the White House

Apparently we've elected she and her husband as well.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 01:00:23 am »

She is from the government, and she is here to help.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 01:02:22 am »
She is from the government, and she is here to help.

I just wish they would try staying the hell out of my wallet once in a while.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 01:05:45 am »
Apparently we've elected she and her husband as well.

Let's face it, we've elected the whole damn family!   :wtf!:    :3:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 01:07:22 am »

LMAO, I thought the "Big Picture" was that we were supposed to kiss the ground everyday, thanking God that Hillary wasn't elected.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 01:11:07 am »
I prefer to be a conservative.  The "Big Picture" is that you should take care of your own children and not expect my taxes to go to paying for your childrens childcare.

888high58888  Exactly.  We scrimped by while I stayed at home and cared for our own children. No one handed us one dime to take care of them.  Government needs to butt out.  It is quite astonishing how times have changed.  My kids didn't get a free lunch, or breakfast. I live in an area now, where ALL children from Pre-K to a Senior in high school get both free breakfast and lunch!!  I babysat my grandson for a couple of days awhile back and he didn't like the school lunch selection for the next day and so we went out and bought him a lunch box to take to school; I packed a more nutritious lunch then what he would have gotten at school; long story short; he was shunned by the other kids AND the teacher!  God forbid if parents/grandparents provide for their own.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 01:14:00 am »

What's "liberal" about liking a tax credit for child care expenses?

As Conservatives we abhor the killing of unborn babies.   We should try to lighten the tax burden on those women who chose life, IMO.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 01:15:02 am »
I have no problem with this.  The more women that we get off the dole and get working the better.  I'm sure it won't be perfect, but the system we have now has us paying women more than many make to sit at home and do nothing.

So, the answer to life's problems is always bigger and bigger government. wow.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 01:15:59 am »

If you could stay out of my wallet that'd be great.

geronl

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 01:17:21 am »
I packed a more nutritious lunch then what he would have gotten at school; long story short; he was shunned by the other kids AND the teacher!  God forbid if parents/grandparents provide for their own.

"Oh my, his family feeds him!"

"What is this world coming to?"

sad

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 01:23:39 am »

As Conservatives we abhor the killing of unborn babies.   We should try to lighten the tax burden on those women who chose life, IMO.

Agreed..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 01:24:33 am »

@DCPatriot

Ivanka's plan is much more than just tax credits it has boondoggle written all over it and it will be no different than all the other times the Govt. has thrown OUR money at a problem and made it a 100 times worst, that's Liberal to me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 01:31:35 am »
The "Democrat party assassin" is a liberal Democrat, so...

When she gives the line about child care being close to her heart, or whatever, the appropriate response would be, "And?"  I'm sure just about all presidents' kids had issues they cared about, whether it was children or wildlife or midget wrestling.  Children of presidents don't get to push their agendas. 

Ivanka needs to be shut down.  If people truly want liberty, they need to take responsibility for their lives and their actions.  Don't ask me to pay for your child care.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 01:32:09 am »
So nice of her to help others with my money.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 01:42:41 am »
   @DCPatriot

Ivanka's plan is much more than just tax credits it has boondoggle written all over it and it will be no different than all the other times the Govt. has thrown OUR money at a problem and made it a 100 times worst, that's Liberal to me.

There's a lot more than just a tax credit here. Things like 6 weeks paid leave for new mothers, childcare in the workplace etc.

With all this talk about reigning in government, how bout we start with the president's unelected family.

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 01:48:45 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2016, 01:58:18 am »

Well I'll be damned, so my parents, my wife and I and all the rest of the people that raised their children by working hard and choosing to do without were all wrong, we should have stuck our hands out so that others could pay for our choice to have children? How strange, it has become, when my parents legally immigrated they were required to swear not to ask for or accept any government aid for a period of five years, now we not only teach illegals how to tap into the taxpayer piggy bank we pay them extra for anchor baby they create and we also give the illegals better health care than we give to life long citizens and tax refunds for taxes they never paid.