Author Topic: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy  (Read 8266 times)

geronl

Re: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:53 pm »
President Ivanka also plans to make climate change her signature issue

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2016, 02:35:18 pm »
So far we've been informed that Trump hiring all those evil Goldman Sachs minions is a stroke of genius.

His fight against the establishment  now includes an administration full of establishment lackeys.

His trillion dollar infrastructure spending plan is like Michelangelo repainted Obama's trillion dollar spending plan.

Now we're hearing that the democrat childcare plan is wonderful with the all new Trump label.

This crap just goes on and on.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2016, 02:36:21 pm »
Border security, Jobs, Fair Trade, Enforcing our laws these are the things the American people elected Trump to do. This day care thing, which may or may not happen, about which we do not even know the details is small potatoes in the real world. 

But by all means keep up your attacks on our president elect. I find it all very funny.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:46:09 pm by jpsb »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2016, 02:37:31 pm »
Border security, Jobs, Fair Trade, Enforcing our laws these are the things the American people elected Trump to do. This day care thing, which may or may not happen, about which we do not even know the details is small potatoes in the real world. 

But by all means keep up your funny attacks on our president elect. I find it all very funny.

You're the only one that seems to believe Trump is going to do all of those thigns....even though he's backtracked on all of them

Enjoy your fantasy.  888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2016, 02:39:58 pm »
When my now-14YO son was in pre-k, the following thought occurred to me: during the first five years of his life, we paid $40,000 in childcare. As it was paid in after-tax dollars (child care credit was $600, tops), I needed to make $60,000 in pre-tax dollars.

Nearly drove off the road.

We did it by ourselves also and it wasn't easy.  Sounds like this has the makings of another bloated social program that the government has no way to monitor or stop abuses.  The government doesn't do anything right.  They create ways for people to abuse the system.  And "believe me" it will be another system for illegals to tap into.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:40:57 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2016, 03:02:37 pm »
I presented you with facts.  You did a duck dodge and weave.

Pointing out the fact you're avoiding reality isn't an attack in any way shape or form.

But if that helps you feel better about a Trump family insider pushing a Liberal/Progressive piece of legislation who am I to stop you from progressing?

I wasn't specifically thinking of you personally, @txradioguy when I posted that.  I was putting your overall POV in with the 'group'.

Sorry about that.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2016, 03:03:41 pm »
I wasn't specifically thinking of you personally, @txradioguy when I posted that.  I was putting your overall POV in with the 'group'.

Sorry about that.

:beer:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2016, 03:04:51 pm »

But by all means keep up your attacks on our president elect. I find it all very funny.

Sorry, but I take issue with Trump's daughter fully implanted in the White House with her own office paid for by the taxpayers promoting and advancing her liberal agenda; day care and climate change aren't exactly small potatoes in the real world. Her father-in-law for heaven's sake served time in the big house for a couple of years for illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering. Ivanka's husband has been one of Trump's advisors...wake up and smell the coffee!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »

You throw enough small potatoes in a burlap sack, and you'll have 50 lbs of potatoes. Kind of like the old saying, "a billion here, a billion there, pretty soon it adds up to real money."

I thought he was elected to drain the swamp and get the federal fiscal house in order. Trump's been backing away from his most strident campaign promises, but that doesn't seem to bother Trump supporters.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2016, 03:12:29 pm »
We did it by ourselves also and it wasn't easy.  Sounds like this has the makings of another bloated social program that the government has no way to monitor or stop abuses.  The government doesn't do anything right.  They create ways for people to abuse the system.  And "believe me" it will be another system for illegals to tap into.

No, it wasn't easy. I had no idea what we were getting into when we moved to North Texas. It seems like everything is taken seriously here:  sports, academics, band, other extracurriculars, rec leagues, you name it. Don't regret it, as my kids have had high school experiences far better than mine.

I'm not complaining, my college experience more than made up for it.

I now look forward to summer break more than the kids. Gives me a chance to catch my breath.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2016, 03:22:30 pm »

@jpsb

It's small potatoes when it's Trump, but it would be just the opposite were it Obama or any other Democrat.  Funny how that works.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2016, 03:26:04 pm »
You throw enough small potatoes in a burlap sack, and you'll have 50 lbs of potatoes. Kind of like the old saying, "a billion here, a billion there, pretty soon it adds up to real money."

I thought he was elected to drain the swamp and get the federal fiscal house in order. Trump's been backing away from his most strident campaign promises, but that doesn't seem to bother Trump supporters.

It reminds me of the old ....but he made the trains run on time... excuse.  Trump has made a few good appointments, but otherwise he is backtracking on all his promises, refilling the swamp, and shifting left faster than Beyonce.

I don't want to hear another word about anyone standing for Constitutional Conservatism while being an apologist for all of this.

I'm sure a year from now, we'll all be here reading the excuses for why the border wasn't secured or nothing was done about trade. It will be ....but the... about something else then.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »

@jpsb

It's small potatoes when it's Trump, but it would be just the opposite were it Obama or any other Democrat.  Funny how that works.

@CatherineofAragon

You mean like when Bush expanded entitlements for Seniors (free drugs for granny), or when Bush nationalized education (no child left behind) or when Bush gutted the 4th amendment (Patriot Act)? Let's see if my president is as horrible as yours was before we start throwing Big Government stones.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2016, 04:01:35 pm »

@Night Hides Not

The issue that got Trump elected was immigration. Folks want the border secured and immigration laws enforced. All the rest is gravy. If Trump only does that (border security) he will be the best president since Ike. Now if you would like to see the border secured and immigration laws enforce I suggest you stop being a tool for the Marxist left and start supporting Trump.

Silver Pines

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2016, 04:26:17 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

You mean like when Bush expanded entitlements for Seniors (free drugs for granny), or when Bush nationalized education (no child left behind) or when Bush gutted the 4th amendment (Patriot Act)? Let's see if my president is as horrible as yours was before we start throwing Big Government stones.

@jpsb

But, see, that's the stock response, isn't it?  "Obama did it."  "Bush did it."  "At least he's better than Obama."  My standards aren't that abysmally low, nor am I prepared to tolerate liberal crap from the elected employee who was hired to head the country.  Trump answers to the people.  It isn't the other way around, so I don't understand why his supporters constantly excuse him.

If you were a business owner and one of your employees kept falling short, would you always be looking for reasons to justify his behavior?

As for Bush, it wasn't right when he did it.  But it's no better when Trump does it, correct?  So comparing Donald with another president is irrelevant. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2016, 04:29:03 pm »
@Night Hides Not

The issue that got Trump elected was immigration. Folks want the border secured and immigration laws enforced. All the rest is gravy. If Trump only does that (border security) he will be the best president since Ike. Now if you would like to see the border secured and immigration laws enforce I suggest you stop being a tool for the Marxist left and start supporting Trump.

@jpsb

A few things:

Trump is a progressive. 

His daughter is a progressive.  So if anyone's careening left, it's the two of them.

Not one of us owes a damn thing to Trump or any other politician.  In fact, it's the reverse.  He just got hired to do a job, so he'd better produce.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2016, 04:41:41 pm »
She needs to shut her mouth and butt out.  But she won't.  As someone said here today, we have a new royal family.

Like this sick, pampered babe has any real idea about the issues involved in child care for the average person.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2016, 04:41:53 pm »
@jpsb

But, see, that's the stock response, isn't it?  "Obama did it."  "Bush did it."  "At least he's better than Obama." 

@CatherineofAragon

Bull, the man has not even taken office yet and you and all the other NeverTrumpers are in full attack mode.

I think you need to own up to your most horrible president before you go on the attack against mine. Trump has not done one damn thing yet. Not one. But your guy George W Bush bankrupted us, killed hundreds of thousand needlessly, destabilized the entire middle east and grew government at break neck pace. You have no credibility since you and yours (W) have been wrong about everything. EVERYTHING!

If you supported Bushism you have nothing to add to the conservation on how the govern conservatively.

Now I'll do you the courtesy of reading the rest of your rant.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:43:22 pm by jpsb »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2016, 04:45:25 pm »
What's "liberal" about liking a tax credit for child care expenses?

As Conservatives we abhor the killing of unborn babies.   We should try to lighten the tax burden on those women who chose life, IMO.

Exactly who are the "WE" you refer to?  I'm afraid it might be me and other average tax payers who took care of their own families and children without asking for government help.

Online corbe

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2016, 04:53:00 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Bull, the man has not even taken office yet and you and all the other NeverTrumpers are in full attack mode.

I think you need to own up to your most horrible president before you go on the attack against mine. Trump has not done one damn thing yet. Not one. But your guy George W Bush bankrupted us, killed hundreds of thousand needlessly, destabilized the entire middle east and grew government at break neck pace. You have no credibility since you and yours (W) have been wrong about everything. EVERYTHING!

If you supported Bushism you have nothing to add to the conservation on how the govern conservatively.

Now I'll do you the courtesy of reading the rest of your rant.

Bush, Bush, Bush.

We Conservatives didn't get sucked in by obummer's 'Hope and Change' either or Trumps's 'Build the Wall', 'Lock her up' rhetoric - YOU did.

Good Luck, @jpsb
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2016, 05:15:13 pm »

Bush, Bush, Bush.

We Conservatives didn't get sucked in by obummer's 'Hope and Change' either or Trumps's 'Build the Wall', 'Lock her up' rhetoric - YOU did.

Good Luck, @jpsb
No you got sucked in by the worst president ever prior to Obama. And before Trump even takes office you're in full attack mode when you don't have the slightest idea of how he will govern or what his priorities will be. You've been wrong continuously about Trump so I expect you NTers to maintain you perfect record of always wrong.

Online corbe

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2016, 05:37:26 pm »
No you got sucked in by the worst president ever prior to Obama. And before Trump even takes office you're in full attack mode when you don't have the slightest idea of how he will govern or what his priorities will be. You've been wrong continuously about Trump so I expect you NTers to maintain you perfect record of always wrong.

50 years of Print, Video's and latter Twatter Rants tell me exactly how he will Govern-LEFT!  You believe in he who has no core political beliefs, I do not.  That doesn't make you a bad person @jpsb , just gullible.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2016, 05:50:40 pm »
   50 years of Print, Video's and latter Twatter Rants tell me exactly how he will Govern-LEFT!  You believe in he who has no core political beliefs, I do not.  That doesn't make you a bad person @jpsb , just gullible.

LOL, let's just wait and see. Believe me if he walks back on his major promises he will be in real trouble. This child care thing is a sideshow with no there there.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2016, 06:01:48 pm »
LOL, let's just wait and see. Believe me if he walks back on his major promises he will be in real trouble. This child care thing is a sideshow with no there there.

People who go back and bring Bush into the equation are being ridiculous.  Bush was a good and decent man with a few flaws who made some mistakes.

Trump is not a good and decent man and if he lets Ivanka start running the show we will be in trouble.  This is not a sideshow.  Ivanka has way too much influence and her avowed intention to enact more welfare is dangerous.

By the way, he has already retreated from his major promises.  Have you heard him talk 'wall' lately?  No, apparently, it was a virtual wall.

Have you heard him talk illegal immigrants lately?  Apparently, they are only illegal if they won't work for him for low wages and no benefits.

That being said, I like some of his appointments so far, but they bear no resemblance to what was promised the mindless drones called Trumpers.

Offline chae

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2016, 06:09:55 pm »
Wait just one cotton-picking minute!
I remember hearing ad-nauseum from Trumpers on here that if you didn't support Trump you were in fact a Hilary supporter.  So now we have jpsb on here saying that if he didn't support Bush.   Ok, so then that means, using the Trumper's standards, he supported Al Gore and John Kerry  and now he supports Trump...Well, at least he's consistent in his support for progressive libs.