Author Topic: Hillary Clinton blew the most winnable election in modern American history.  (Read 19430 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Again - let's move on.

As the one who started this thread, yes, let's move on from the personal attacks and get back to the topic.

Of course, I recognize that I'm an expert at hijacking threads, so my hands aren't clean.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Lando Lincoln

As the one who started this thread, yes, let's move on from the personal attacks and get back to the topic.

Of course, I recognize that I'm an expert at hijacking threads, so my hands aren't clean.

It isn't a bad article if anyone reads it.  Slanted?  Sure.  But not bad.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No @HonestJohn posted a legitimate question.

DO you know how to sell people on the benefits of Trump?  Do you know how to convince people who are on the fence or still convinced he's Hillary Clinton's bag man that he's the real deal?

Of course I do, @txradioguy   I spent 12 months doing so, and very successfully.

But the NT's here were not serious about learning about Trump's policies.  It quickly became clear this was a shell game designed to further ridicule both the candidate and his supporters.  In short, it quickly became clear efforts to educate were wasted efforts.

Apparently for some the shell game continues.  I'm still choosing not to play.     ^-^

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Of course I do, @txradioguy   I spent 12 months doing so, and very successfully.

But the NT's here were not serious about learning about Trump's policies.  It quickly became clear this was a shell game designed to further ridicule both the candidate and his supporters.  In short, it quickly became clear efforts to educate were wasted efforts.

Apparently for some the shell game continues.  I'm still choosing not to play.     ^-^

I like most of Trump's policies, it's his style I disagree with.

I like most of Trump's policies, it's his style I disagree with.

That can take some getting used to.   :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

If you did I never saw it.  :shrug:

As for Trump's policies, most of us here already knew his policies and political opinions from his munerous interviews dating back to the Reagan years.

You didn't educate IMHO...you propagandized...there is a difference.

It's not a shell game....it's a legit question that deserves more than the superficial brush off answer you're giving.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

As for Trump's policies, most of us here already knew his policies and political opinions from his munerous interviews dating back to the Reagan years.

It's not a shell game....it's a legit question that deserves more than the superficial brush off answer you're giving.

Still not playing   ^-^

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's not propaganda @txradioguy, it's fact.  At 29 Cruz was a "well respected" policy advisor for the Bush campaign in 2000 and was part of the legal team working on the recount.

He has spent more time NOT working for or with W than he ever did for him.  Longest serving Solicitor General in the history of the State of Texas.  5 years teaching law at UT Austin.  Senator since 2012.

Less than two years working for Bush 43.

But when you choose hype over truth...little facts like that get in the way.  :whistle:

And I thought ABC was an untrusted and biased source?  Or is that only when they are covering Trump?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online corbe

Because I already had a Dog in the hunt (Cruz), when Trump announced in June 2015, by July everything I suspected about Trump was cemented by his lust for publicity of the past 30 years. 
   He is a NY Liberal just like Schumer who, can't live without publicity either.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

@Right_in_Virginia   

If Cruz was such an Insider with the Bush Clan, why did they fight tooth and nail to keep him from defeating their crony Dewhurst for the vacant Senate seat?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Still not playing   ^-^

Not really surprising.

Oceander

That can take some getting used to.   :laugh:

Most narcotics do. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's not propaganda @txradioguy, it's fact.  At 29 Cruz was a "well respected" policy advisor for the Bush campaign in 2000 and was part of the legal team working on the recount.

Mighty thin gruel for you to project your fantasies on, @Right_in_Virginia.  But, if that's what you want to do, you go for it!  Excuse the rest of us when we yawn or ignore. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
   Because I already had a Dog in the hunt (Cruz), when Trump announced in June 2015, by July everything I suspected about Trump was cemented by his lust for publicity of the past 30 years. 
   He is a NY Liberal just like Schumer who, can't live without publicity either.

Funny thing is...originally I was a defender of Trump.  Have the posts on another site to prove it in case anyone wants to call BS...but the more I researched...the more I checked on thigns myself...the more I realized he wasn't and to this day isn't what he was being sold as.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Funny thing is...originally I was a defender of Trump.  Have the posts on another site to prove it in case anyone wants to call BS...but the more I researched...the more I checked on thigns myself...the more I realized he wasn't and to this day isn't what he was being sold as.

That's an interesting comment, sieur! May I ask what he was being sold as?
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's an interesting comment, sieur! May I ask what he was being sold as?

A Republican and Conservative. 

He's neither.

Offline LateForLunch

A Republican and Conservative. 

He's neither.

Well, there is some truth to that but not entirely. Any definition of a dynamic reality is transitory because by the time it is defined, it may have changed again. Let us hope that is the case with Trump in regard to things like his attitudes on ethanol, tariffs, eminent domain and other issues of free trade where he is more Wilsonian (PTUI!) than Reaganesque ( Hooray!!) 

Since the Buckley Rule is to vote for the MOST conservative candidate who can win, electing Trump was within the scope of that. Hill-O-Lies is certainly far to the left of even an "agrarian populist" position (to quote Mark Levin's appraisal of Trump's niche).

The real tests may be when Trump has to decide whether to go with a populist policy stance based on polling(for political expediency) or go with principled conservatism. He tends to be a fairly quick study so maybe by being surrounded by a lot of brilliant conservatives he will absorb some of their intelligence by osmosis.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:07:05 pm by LateForLunch »

Online corbe

You're Grasping at straws @LateForLunch in bringing WFB into this, he saw Trump coming 16 years ago and this quote from him lays to waste the 'Buckley Rule' you quote.
   I do you an 'A' for Effort, though.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Since the Buckley Rule is to vote for the MOST conservative candidate who can win, electing Trump was within the scope of that. Hill-O-Lies is certainly far to the left of even an "agrarian populist" position (to quote Mark Levin's appraisal of Trump's niche).

The only problem I have with "The Buckley Rule" is it requires a certain amount of political prognostication on the part of people who don't do that very much.  Instead, they have to rely on the abilities of others to tell them who's "electable."  With almost all MSM news being fake these days, the notion of who's electable ends up being decided by the leftists in the press.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

You're Grasping at straws @LateForLunch in bringing WFB into this, he saw Trump coming 16 years ago and this quote from him lays to waste the 'Buckley Rule' you quote.
   I do you an 'A' for Effort, though.

That is SUCH a prescient quote, @corbe

Too bad so many Republicans ignored it.

Or more likely, these days most Republicans voting for Trump have never even HEARD of Buckley.   
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, there is some truth to that but not entirely. Any definition of a dynamic reality is transitory because by the time it is defined, it may have changed again. Let us hope that is the case with Trump in regard to things like his attitudes on ethanol, tariffs, eminent domain and other issues of free trade where he is more Wilsonian (PTUI!) than Reaganesque ( Hooray!!) 

The real tests may be when Trump has to decide whether to go with a populist policy stance based on polling(for political expediency) or go with principled conservatism. He tends to be a fairly quick study so maybe by being surrounded by a lot of brilliant conservatives he will absorb some of their intelligence by osmosis.

We already know his stances on the things you mention.  They are well documented and unlikely to change.

Trump wasn't the most conservative candidate that could have won.  Only a Trump "true believer" or a foll thinks otherwise. And BTW I'm not talking about you in either category in this conversation.

There is no principle and there is no principled conservatism is what Trump is...what he stands for or what his policies will be.

Brilliant Conservatives...are these the ones he's vetting through BHO or ones we haven't seen him nominate yet?

At the end of the day...America got the President it deserved...NOT the one it needed.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:39:24 pm by txradioguy »

Offline LateForLunch

We already know his stances on the things you mention.  They are well documented and unlikely to change.

Trump wasn't the most conservative candidate that could have won.  Only a Trump "true believer" or a foll thinks otherwise. And BTW I'm not talking about you in either category in this conversation.

There is no principle and there is no principled conservatism is what Trump is...what he stands for or what his policies will be.

Brilliant Conservatives...are these the ones he's vetting through BHO or ones we haven't seen him nominate yet?

At the end of the day...America got the President it deserved...NOT the one it needed.

Come on, brother! Trump was clearly the most conservative candidate in the GENERAL ELECTION who could win. I didn't support DJT in the primaries (Cruz was my choice).  I cannot easily believe that a man of  your obviously above-average intellect did not know what I meant.

Much of the rest of your statement is stipulated but some of it is speculative. I accept the former only.

Mark Levin has endorsed some of Trump's picks for cabinet posts as reliably conservative and with all due respect  (and that is great) I trust the Great One's appraisal more than most of the posters on this forum, myself inclusive. Concerning the concerns of character deficiency and lack of ideological integrity, in my own experience, speculation is only generally useful in oil-drilling, investment banking and theoretical physics. 

What may be has not happened yet and has therefore contains little substance in discussions of what is, not what might be.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He has spent more time NOT working for or with W than he ever did for him.  Longest serving Solicitor General in the history of the State of Texas.  5 years teaching law at UT Austin.  Senator since 2012.

Less than two years working for Bush 43.

@txradioguy

Thanks for removing my major concern about Cruz.  I was worried he had been corrupted by the alleged Republican branch of the Kennedy family.

It speaks highly of anyone who backs away from them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@txradioguy

Name ONE single presidential candidate since Goldwater that was what he claimed to be.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Thanks for removing my major concern about Cruz.  I was worried he had been corrupted by the alleged Republican branch of the Kennedy family.

It speaks highly of anyone who backs away from them.

Just to alleviate your concern even more there is this too:

Former President George W. Bush reportedly ripped into Texas Sen. Ted Cruz at a weekend gathering of donors to his brother's presidential campaign, according to a published report Monday.

Politico reported that Bush said of Cruz, "I just don't like the guy," at the event, which was held Sunday night in Denver.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/20/george-w-bush-reportedly-rips-ted-cruz-to-jeb-bush-donors.html