Author Topic: Cruz predicts 'pitchforks and torches in the streets' if GOP doesn't deliver  (Read 2293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz predicts 'pitchforks and torches in the streets' if GOP doesn't deliver
By Mallory Shelbourne - 11/27/16 09:44 AM EST

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Sunday that “there will be pitchforks and torches in the street” if Republicans don't deliver on promises made during the campaign.

“If we’re given the White House and both houses of Congress and we don’t deliver, I think there will be pitchforks and torches in the streets.  And I think quite rightly,” he told ABC’s “This Week.”

Cruz referenced the anti-establishment sentiment during the presidential election that fueled the rise of President-elect Donald Trump.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/307596-cruz-there-will-be-pitchforks-and-torches-in-the-streets-if-we
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think he's right.   :smokin:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think he's right.   :smokin:

I'll have to go to Tractor Supply and buy me a pitchfork.

Oceander

Which promises?  The promises Trump has already reneged on?

Offline Applewood

The GOP hasn't delivered in years.  Yet, voters continue to elect and re-elect them.  I don't see any change in the pattern. 

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Which promises?  The promises Trump has already reneged on?
Right. The left doesn't want the promises fulfilled and evidently the Trumpers don't care. That takes the majority of pitchforks and torches off the street.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think he was using pitchforks metaphorically.  But that's just me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

They won't deliver and people won't riot

Offline mountaineer

I'll have to go to Tractor Supply and buy me a pitchfork.
I have one I use on my compost. But I agree with Ted.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz is just battling to keep relevancy here, he has to grand stand but a GOP controlled Senate and House will see many others come to the forefront.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump's keeping his promises, if he says on HRC, she might get pardoned though the same people condemning Trump in some cases, probably want HRC to slide, that's Jeff Sessions' chore.

Trump will act against terrorists, seal up the borders, act in a pro-life way; the haters got to hate.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The debt looms. If the GOP doesn't get something done, it will take care of things for us, soon. No need for torches and pitchforks.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

Let's see; Trump and the GOP need to deliver:

Building the wall and mass deportation, better immigration laws including not allowing immigrants into this country from areas of known terrorists, improved economy/jobs, fair trade, repeal/replace Obamacare and placing a conservative justice on the SCOTUS.

If Trump/GOP deliver on those issues, I would say we will likely see the GOP increase their base and retain majorities in all Houses.  If they don't deliver; they're done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Cruz is just battling to keep relevancy here, he has to grand stand but a GOP controlled Senate and House will see many others come to the forefront.
you just hate that man, don'T you.

Keep some decency towards those who support the greatness of this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

you just hate that man, don'T you.

Keep some decency towards those who support the greatness of this country.

SSSSHHHH!

Don't get @sinkspur in here.

(missing my ol Cruz battles, obviously)

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Let's see; Trump and the GOP need to deliver:

Building the wall and mass deportation, better immigration laws including not allowing immigrants into this country from areas of known terrorists, improved economy/jobs, fair trade, repeal/replace Obamacare and placing a conservative justice on the SCOTUS.

If Trump/GOP deliver on those issues, I would say we will likely see the GOP increase their base and retain majorities in all Houses.  If they don't deliver; they're done.
Not only does the GOP have the executive and both legislative branches, they have relatively few congressional seats at risk in the next election. They can do whatever they want and there'll be four years until they can be called to account.

They have NO EXCUSE whatsoever not to give us the change they claim they want to give us.

Online corbe

Not only does the GOP have the executive and both legislative branches, they have relatively few congressional seats at risk in the next election. They can do whatever they want and there'll be four years until they can be called to account.

They have NO EXCUSE whatsoever not to give us the change they claim they want to give us.

We Gave them the House in 2010 and they blamed Reid/Senate, we gave them the senate in 2014, they blamed obummer and Cruz.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Uh no. GOP has 435 Congressional seats at risk + Senate seats (which are relatively few). Don't assume the GOP will keep the HoR if Trump implodes (and judging from his Twitter feed that is a matter of time).

As a matter of fact, I would count on them not keeping it.

SSSSHHHH!

Don't get @sinkspur in here.

(missing my ol Cruz battles, obviously)

NO decency there, I Know.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You need to see someone about your Cruz obsession.  Seriously.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Uh no. GOP has 435 Congressional seats at risk + Senate seats (which are relatively few). Don't assume the GOP will keep the HoR if Trump implodes (and judging from his Twitter feed that is a matter of time).

As a matter of fact, I would count on them not keeping it.

An absolutely stupid comment.

236 seats are held by GOP.  How do they have 435 seat at risk?

Only in the stupid mind on an imbecile, or someone who wishes something different.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
An absolutely stupid comment.

236 seats are held by GOP.  How do they have 435 seat at risk?

Sorry, yes it is 236. The rest of my point still stands.

Your boy Trump is imploding and he hasn't even assumed office yet.

Online corbe

Ted Cruz is ready to work with a President Trump

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz promised Sunday morning to work hand-in-hand with President-elect Donald Trump to move a conservative agenda. 

by Abby Livingston  Nov. 27, 2016  9:37 AM 

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is interviewed by Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith at The Texas Tribune Festival on Sept. 24, 2016.  Erich Schlegel for The Texas Tribune

WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz aimed Sunday to put to bed his bitter presidential campaign rivalry with Donald Trump, praising the president-elect and promising to help move a conservative agenda through his perch in the U.S. Senate.

"I want to do everything I can to help President Trump have an incredibly successful administration, because if we deliver on the promises, that’s how we actually turn the country around, bring back jobs and raise wages for people that are hurting," Cruz said on ABC's "This Week."

"I got to say, if we don’t, if we’re given the White House and both houses of Congress and we don’t deliver, I think there will be pitchforks and torches in the streets," he added.

But when his interviewer, Martha Raddatz, played a clip from the presidential campaign of Cruz calling Trump "a pathological liar," Cruz declined to recant that sentiment.

"You know, I’m not going to re-litigate the past," Cruz said. "I’m going to focus on the future. I’m going to focus on what’s in front of us and on fixing the problems we have."

He went on to praise Trump's Cabinet selections thus far, calling them "an impressive, serious team" and repeatedly arguing that full GOP control of the legislative and executive branches translates into a "mandate."

"At the end of the day, the people have spoken," Cruz added. Trump "won the election. He won the nomination. And he won the general election in convincing manner."

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/11/27/cruz-ready-work-president-trump/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

No excuse never stops politicians.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

No excuse never stops politicians.

They learned from a master: Jake Blues.   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.