Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard is the pick for Secretary of State, not Mitt Romney  (Read 4350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tulsi Gabbard is the pick for Secretary of State, not Mitt Romney
By Maxwell Anderson, contributor - 11/26/16 11:13 AM EST

“We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism,” President-Elect Donald J. Trump said in an April 27 speech on foreign policy. “I will view the world through the clear lens of American interests.”

The President-Elect later pledged in a speech to the American Legion that one of his top foreign policy priorities would be “to end the era of nation-building, and create a new foreign policy . . . that is focused on destroying ISIS and Radical Islamic Terrorism.”

Whoever the President-Elect taps to be his secretary of state will play a crucial role in shaping the President-Elect’s vision for the future of American foreign policy. One person reportedly “under serious consideration” to fill the position is United States Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), who made headlines in February when she resigned as vice chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee in order to endorse Bernie Sanders for President.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/307527-tulsi-gabbard-is-the-pick-for-secretary-of-state-not
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Tulsi Gabbard is the pick for Secretary of State, not Mitt Romney
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 04:35:10 pm »
Is this an April Fools joke?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:05:41 pm »

Democrat 2nd District of Hawaii

Supports reducing defense spending
Wasteful defense spending
End bulk data collection under USA Patriot Act

"I consider myself pro-choice"
Ban anti-abortion limitations on abortion services
Endorsed by EMILY's list for pro-choice Democratic Women

Automatic voter registration for all citizens

Opposes repealing ObamaCare

Tulsi Gabbard rated as Left Liberal.  Not even Moderate.

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Tulsi_Gabbard.htm#Foreign_Policy

Very beautiful women.  I'd say she is probably one of those 10's that Trump likes to talk about.  I hope he doesn't try to grab her...... or take her into the Oral Office.

It is becoming very clear to me why Obama is urging not to challenge this election.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 05:10:11 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 05:42:05 pm »
Wow,

Identifies as Guadiya Vaishnavism sect of Hindu Faith.  Former cult member Science of Identity Foundation.  Leader Chris Butler.

Peace!

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/11/tulsi-gabbard-is-not-who-you-think-she-is.html

But very anti-Gay.  They call her a homophobe.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 06:05:53 pm »
   Surfer Girl

Guess Sean was unavailable.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 06:11:55 pm »
I sure don't understand how she is even being considered....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 06:19:47 pm »
Maj Tulsi Gabbard will do what's right for the troops and American people.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 06:21:32 pm »
Obviously Trump is thinking with his other 'brain' on this one!  Unbelievable.  Picking a DEM that endorsed Bernie as our new Secy' of State? Perhaps he picked her because she is strongly anti-TPP?  However her reasoning against TPP is because of environment impact. She is pro abortion, pro illegal immigration and pro Obamacare.  Perhaps most alarming as she is for reducing defense spending!

Well, things are certainly coming into place.  I was hopeful, but his cabinet choices are a sign of what's to come and this cabinet choice spells L-I-B-E-R-A-L!!! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 06:22:20 pm »

Based on what??  Her service in the National Guard??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 06:22:24 pm »

I do.  Since you posted this I have been doing research.  Its her non intervention stance on war.  She is against regime change in Syria.  I believe she will agree with Trump on his foreign policy of working with Russia and Iran.  I think that he Hindu religion probably is a strong influence in her foreign policy.

A plus is that she isn't anti-Israel and has come out against Palestinian aggression.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 06:24:51 pm »
Obviously Trump is thinking with his other 'brain' on this one!  Unbelievable.  Picking a DEM that endorsed Bernie as our new Secy' of State? Perhaps he picked her because she is strongly anti-TPP?  However her reasoning against TPP is because of environment impact. She is pro abortion, pro illegal immigration and pro Obamacare.  Perhaps most alarming as she is for reducing defense spending!

Well, things are certainly coming into place.  I was hopeful, but his cabinet choices are a sign of what's to come and this cabinet choice spells L-I-B-E-R-A-L!!!

Flynn is a Democrat also.

As I said before Trump is going to take us farther left than we have ever been before.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 06:34:42 pm »
I do.  Since you posted this I have been doing research.  Its her non intervention stance on war.  She is against regime change in Syria.  I believe she will agree with Trump on his foreign policy of working with Russia and Iran.  I think that he Hindu religion probably is a strong influence in her foreign policy.

A plus is that she isn't anti-Israel and has come out against Palestinian aggression.

Thanks for that info..
Support the USO

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 06:40:18 pm »
   Some Additional Info here:

Tulsi Gabbard is Not Who You Think She Is

From homophobia to Islamophobia to cultism, she is no progressive's dream.

By Eoin Higgins  |  November 22, 2016  |  9:12am

Tulsi Gabbard is Not Who You Think She Is

To some progressives, the news Monday that Tulsi Gabbard was meeting with President-Elect Donald Trump for consideration of a position in his administration must have been confusing.

Gabbard’s February 2016 endorsement of Bernie Sanders’ quixotic run for the Democratic nomination for president involved publicly resigning her seat as DNC Vice Chair. Her name has been floated as a possible candidate for 2020. And at a glance, her positions seem in line with the liberal wing of her party.

But a deeper look at Gabbard’s political career shows that she is devoted to attaining power and to the perpetuation of extremist, fringe ideology. She adopts and sheds extremist positions at will, but one thing remains constant: her consistent embrace of hard-right politics.

The 35-year-old Congresswoman from Hawaii was raised in a politically powerful household. Her father, Mike Gabbard, is a well-known firebrand in Hawaiian politics— his most beloved issue is a virulent rejection of homosexuality and gay rights.

The younger Gabbard protested against a bill advocating civil unions during her tenure in the Hawaii Congress, holding up signs decrying the proposition. The bill eventually stalled.

Gabbard replied to a request for comment on her father’s connections with cult leader Chris Butler (more below) in 2004 with an oddly worded email accusing Honolulu Magazine of a homosexual conspiratorial attempt to discredit her father.

“I smell a skunk,” [Gabbard] wrote. “It’s clear to me that you’re acting as a conduit for The Honolulu Weekly and other homosexual extremist supporters of Ed Case.”

This political position held until 2012, when she made an about face and declared she supported gay rights— just in time for the election for Hawaii’s 2nd District. And that wasn’t the first time she had shed a piece of her past in order to make herself more palatable to voters.

Gabbard’s first marriage, to a man named Eduardo Tamayo, lasted from 2002 to 2006. Tamayo and Gabbard were both involved with a man named Chris Butler, the leader of a Hare Krishna spinoff called the Science of Identity Foundation that is located in Honolulu County.

The Hawaii Free Press notes that a number of Butler-connected Hawaiians have contributed to Gabbard and that her involvement with the cult is still an open question.

Gabbard has scrubbed all mention of her past with Butler’s cult, and with Tamayo, from the internet. The only evidence that is publicly available that Tamayo and Gabbard even know each other— excepting her Wikipedia page— is from anti-cult site Flashlight on Roaches. It’s grainy, but it does show the two together. It’s also the only known photo of Tamayo that is publicly available.

Today, Gabbard would prefer not to be known for her Butler-cult related past. The only way to find it is to dig deep into Hawaiian-centric newsletters and publications. But for those in Hawaii, it’s an omnipresent part of her political and social history. As the Honolulu Civil Beat reported on March 16, 2015:

The Gabbard family’s ties to Butler still hound her — in the hallways of the Hawaii State Capitol, on blogs of political observers, on pages of online discussion forums, and in commentary sections of various news sites, including Civil Beat’s.

Now, the mysterious world that’s been swirling around Gabbard all her life is coming under closer scrutiny as the 33-year-old congresswoman’s stature on the national stage steadily rises, and her views on national and international issues — whether she’s standing up for veterans or challenging President Barack Obama over his stance on the Islamic State — continue to draw the media spotlight.

By now, Gabbard has left any ambiguity about her religious beliefs behind. She identifies as a member of the Gaudiya Vaishnavism Sect of the Hindu faith.
[/i]

<..snip..>

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/11/tulsi-gabbard-is-not-who-you-think-she-is.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 06:40:49 pm »
All it took was a Monica

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 06:49:43 pm »
Thanks for that info..

Your welcome. 

I think that Trump is going to be a Isolationist Nationalist who will gut the military and fence himself in.

Give Peace a Chance
John Lennon

Two, one-two-three-four!

Ev'rybody's talking 'bout
Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m

All we are saying is give peace a chance

Hit it
C'mon, ev'rybody's talking about
Ministers, sinisters, banisters and canisters
Bishops and Fishops and Rabbis and Popeyes and bye-bye, bye-byes

Let me tell you now
Revolution, evolution, masturbation, flagellation, regulation, integrations
Meditations, United Nations, congratulations

John and…

http://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-transition-as-secretary-of-state-tulsi-gabbard-offers-potential-for-peace-with-syria-russia/5558648

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »
Your welcome. 

I think that Trump is going to be a Isolationist Nationalist who will gut the military and fence himself in.

Basically Woodrow Wilson

Offline beandog

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 07:26:09 pm »
I just don't believe it.  This would be insane but then again the Donald is nuts.  She is a Bernie supporter which makes her totally unfit to serve as anything.  This can not be happening.  I hope it's a joke, I really do. **nononono*

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 07:26:22 pm »
The headline of this article is misleading as hell.  The headline says she "is" the pick, but the story makes it clear that she's just being considered for a role in the Administration.

Which means the headline really is just the author's view of who "should" be SoS.

I think she's way too inexperienced, won't be respected by foreign governments, and would be a terrible pick.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:29:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline beandog

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 07:28:49 pm »

You have absolutely know idea what she would do.  This would be an absolute mistake and I don't believe it.  She is a Bernie supporter and therefore that makes her absolutely nuts. **nononono*

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 07:40:05 pm »
The headline of this article is misleading as hell.  The headline says she "is" the pick, but the story makes it clear that she's just being considered for a role in the Administration.

Which means the headline really is just the author's view of who "should" be SoS.

I think she's way too inexperienced, won't be respected by foreign governments, and would be a terrible pick.

Thanks for pointing that out....I for one am guilty of just commenting on the headline.  I actually went back and skimmed over the article and you are correct; it states she is being considered. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 07:41:08 pm »

She went to see Trump this past week to talk about Assad and that conflict; she sympathizes with the Assad/Syrian/Russian side.  That's the only reason I think she is in the news and from there, these editorial writers have taken some license to now make her a choice for SOS.

We know how bad ISIS is; I don't quite trust the Assad/Hezbollah/Russian/Iranian side though at the same time. Though, maybe something can be worked out.

Offline TomSea

Offline TomSea

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 07:43:31 pm »
Wow,

Identifies as Guadiya Vaishnavism sect of Hindu Faith.  Former cult member Science of Identity Foundation.  Leader Chris Butler.

Peace!

But very anti-Gay.  They call her a homophobe.

Her father is a "firebrand" of Hawaii politics, and a big so-called "homophobe", in this, she is taking after her father but she may have toned down her gay views.

It sounds like she was able to become a politician in Hawaii in part, thanks to her family name.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 07:50:42 pm »
Again, the headline is very misleading.  It doesn't state that Trump appointed her to his cabinet as Secretary of State it only says that she is being considered.

..."Whoever the President-Elect taps to be his secretary of state will play a crucial role in shaping the President-Elect’s vision for the future of American foreign policy. One person reportedly “under serious consideration” to fill the position is United States Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), who made headlines in February when she resigned as vice chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee in order to endorse Bernie Sanders for President.