Author Topic: Jill Stein, liberals seek voting hack investigation  (Read 3741 times)

Online libertybele

Jill Stein, liberals seek voting hack investigation
« on: November 25, 2016, 04:10:32 pm »
I have an uneasy kind of sick to my stomach feeling about this.  My first inclination is that Clinton didn't want the investigation to look like it was coming from her; so she enlisted Stein's help.

Washington (CNN)Jill Stein's bid to seek a vote recount in three key Rust Belt states is gaining steam as pressure builds among liberals to challenge the presidential election results.
The Stein campaign said it needed to raise over $2 million by Friday to pay for recounts -- a goal it quickly met. The fundrasing goal was then upped to $4.5 million, which it also met. The current goal is $7 million.

Stein, the Green Party nominee, and others are seeking an audit and recount of the November 8 voting results in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, following reports that voting security experts alerted Hillary Clinton's campaign to the possibility of hacks in key counties in those states.
"Over the last 48-72 hours, reports have come in from experts, cyber experts, who are reporting to us some very troubling news about the possibility of security breaches in voting results across this country," Stein campaign manager David Cobb said in a video posted to Stein's Facebook page Wednesday afternoon.
President-elect Donald Trump claimed Pennsylvania and Wisconsin -- wins that helped push him comfortably over the threshold of 270 Electoral College votes needed for victory -- while Michigan remains too close to call, more than two weeks after Election Day.
While the loss of those states played a large part in Clinton's downfall, her lead in the popular vote has continued to grow. She now has close to 2 million more votes than Trump -- and pressure has been mounting among liberals for an investigation into what happened on Election Day.
"Demand an audit. Make the call," filmmaker Joss Whedon tweeted late Tuesday, with a picture of Clinton reading "She Won."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/politics/election-hack-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Jill Stein, liberals seek voting hack investigation
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 04:24:04 pm »
Last gasp of a sore loser.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »
I have an uneasy kind of sick to my stomach feeling about this.  My first inclination is that Clinton didn't want the investigation to look like it was coming from her; so she enlisted Stein's help.

Washington (CNN)Jill Stein's bid to seek a vote recount in three key Rust Belt states is gaining steam as pressure builds among liberals to challenge the presidential election results.
The Stein campaign said it needed to raise over $2 million by Friday to pay for recounts -- a goal it quickly met. The fundrasing goal was then upped to $4.5 million, which it also met. The current goal is $7 million.

Stein, the Green Party nominee, and others are seeking an audit and recount of the November 8 voting results in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, following reports that voting security experts alerted Hillary Clinton's campaign to the possibility of hacks in key counties in those states.
"Over the last 48-72 hours, reports have come in from experts, cyber experts, who are reporting to us some very troubling news about the possibility of security breaches in voting results across this country," Stein campaign manager David Cobb said in a video posted to Stein's Facebook page Wednesday afternoon.
President-elect Donald Trump claimed Pennsylvania and Wisconsin -- wins that helped push him comfortably over the threshold of 270 Electoral College votes needed for victory -- while Michigan remains too close to call, more than two weeks after Election Day.
While the loss of those states played a large part in Clinton's downfall, her lead in the popular vote has continued to grow. She now has close to 2 million more votes than Trump -- and pressure has been mounting among liberals for an investigation into what happened on Election Day.
"Demand an audit. Make the call," filmmaker Joss Whedon tweeted late Tuesday, with a picture of Clinton reading "She Won."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/politics/election-hack-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/

hah hah The Denial Squad in overdrive - making themselves look even worse than they already do and prolonging the contemptuous scrutiny of the public directed at the U.S.'s far left political movement. Malcontents, kooks, rioters, cop-killers, criminals, Communists. All working together to make themselves look as bad as possible to normal U.S. voters who rejected them in the election and in their hearts.

Stein, along with the Washington Post (which today is trying to blame Hill-O-Lies' defeat on stupid voters who believed Russian hacking of U.S. media) is doing her damnedest to
help the far left maintain its severe detachment from reality by blaming anyone and everyone except themselves for their loss.

Clearly Stein is already moving to inoculate herself from the same sort of pariah status that Ralph Nader acquired with a substantial number of far-leftists who hold him accountable for the loss of algore of the 2000 election by losing Florida (though nobody will ever know for sure if Nader's presence was the critical factor in that).

It is hilarious irony to me that Stein single-handed apparently cost Hill-O-Lies Michigan, since Stein's vote total (no doubt derived almost 100% from the far left) was greater than the margin of Clinton's loss in that state. Selah! Nice job, Jill!!!

Had Stein not run, Trump would have lost Michigan and then the battle to recount the two other states that are close enough to warrant a recount would have been a less-costly endeavor for the 'Crats (those three recounts will cost millions of dollars).

Owing to the leftist proclivity to assign reality to urban myths whether or not they are true, Stein no doubt fears that she may become persona non grata with the leftists who gave her a meager amount of relevance in 2016 because of what she did to Hill-O-Lies' chances of winning the election. Bravo!!!

If Stein had not run, then the libertarian candidate, who attracted mostly conservative votes, would have been responsible for Trump's loss in Michigan, since his total exceeded what would have been the margin of victory for Hill-O-Lies if Stein's votes were added to the Bitch's.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:31:43 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 07:26:22 pm »
I actually enjoy watching the ultra-left blowing $7M for nothing.

I hope they keep it up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 07:38:17 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 09:57:40 pm »
Well, Trump did say the elections were rigged.

Who are we to doubt his Donaldness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90smU0SOcQ

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 11:53:16 pm »
Stein his filed in Wisconsin and plans to ask for recounts in MI and PA.  So hypothetically, IF it is found that Clinton indeed has won WI, PA and MI, which is a total of 46 electoral votes, that would put her at 278 electoral votes and Trump at 260 electoral votes and would not only give Clinton the presidency, but she will have won both the electoral college votes and the popular vote.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 02:21:16 am »

Paul Joseph Watson Verified account 
‏@PrisonPlanet   
Clinton campaign secretly backing recount, hope it will overturn election. I warned Trump supporters about this. Ya'll asleep at the wheel.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 03:12:04 am »

Paul Joseph Watson Verified account 
‏@PrisonPlanet   
Clinton campaign secretly backing recount, hope it will overturn election. I warned Trump supporters about this. Ya'll asleep at the wheel.

I have know doubt that the Clinton campaign is backing this effort...should things go their way they will act surprised and gracious.  Should the recount not go their way they will bear no responsibility. Both are typical Clinton style. My biggest concern is over 2 weeks has passed ... a lot of votes could be manipulated in this time frame.  Had the recount been asked for by Clinton herself the following day or a couple of days later, the element of doubt wouldn't be there and the legitimacy of the recount more credible.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 04:45:48 am »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 09:00:19 pm »
Stein his filed in Wisconsin and plans to ask for recounts in MI and PA.  So hypothetically, IF it is found that Clinton indeed has won WI, PA and MI, which is a total of 46 electoral votes, that would put her at 278 electoral votes and Trump at 260 electoral votes and would not only give Clinton the presidency, but she will have won both the electoral college votes and the popular vote.

Caveat - someone pointed out on a previous thread that to conserve costs, states will stop counting votes for president once the margin of advantage for a candidate exceeds the remaining uncounted votes in the state. So if a candidate's lead is 100,000 votes, even if 90,000 votes remain uncounted, they remain uncounted and the candidate is declared the winner.

If that is correct, it is conceivable that in the states where Trump won big, there are a massive number of votes which will never be counted and could ostensibly represent a much closer race in the popular vote. This especially since there is evidence that more than a million or possibly many more votes cast in the presidential race might have been from illegal immigrants and other non-citizens.

Even assuming a very small margin-of-error in the totals (say 1%) that means any margin under 1 million votes popularly could be inaccurate enough to disregard as statistically invalid because of fraud and the other factors mentioned herein. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »

It is the Russians! The Russians I tell you! they are the ones. They blew this election.

The Russians! The Russians did it... the Russians must be stopped!

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 05:48:18 pm »
Does anyone here know if electronic voting machines are connected to the internet?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 05:52:22 pm »
Does anyone here know if electronic voting machines are connected to the internet?

They aren't in Iowa at least. Even if so, each county does it's own thing, you'd have to hack every county to make it happen, or at least enough to swing the vote and not look like it's manipulated. It's a tall order to prove conspiracy in that matter.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 05:59:15 pm »
Fascinating article I read this weekend - the counties that Clinton won generated about 65% of the nation's GNP, while the counties that Trump won generated only about 35%.

This was a poor peoples' revolution, and the liberal elites cannot stand it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 06:01:13 pm »

Not in Wisconsin.  That's why the whole "Russian hack" argument was mostly dropped from Stein's petition.  Now, their argument boils down to their being more absentee voters than last time, and the possibility that some of them might be fraudulent.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »

You know, the funniest part of all of this 'controversy', is that Russia did do this.

So what? What are you going to do about it? All the recounts will prove to be legitimate. And then what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o1pPE6l0Vo

You cannot defeat those who are superior to you in every way. America and Americans are an international joke.

"Which bathroom should I use. Oh! Oh! I'm so confused?"

Well that may be so, but the rest of the world has an answer for you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »
http://janderresearch.blogspot.fi/2016/11/there-will-be-no-recount-in.html?m=1

"Monday, November 28, 2016

THERE WILL BE NO RECOUNT IN PENNSYLVANIA: Jill Stein Perpetrating Election Fraud.

Written and Researched by Ren Jander, J.D.  Nov. 28, 2016

Everything you've been reading about a possible recount of the 2016 Presidential Election in Pennsylvania is wrong. There will be no "recount" in Pennsylvania. Book that. It is not speculation. It is legal fact. The broad spectrum of analysis from the blogosphere, Facebook and Twitter is pathetic. Seeing non-lawyer journalists mangle complicated election statutes so brazenly is not only sad but dangerous. It's giving an emotionally triggered part of the electorate false hope. And it simultaneously creates conditions for the destabilization of the nation when hyper-emotional election expectations are thwarted, as they most certainly will be."

snip
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 06:45:59 pm »
http://janderresearch.blogspot.fi/2016/11/there-will-be-no-recount-in.html?m=1

"Monday, November 28, 2016

THERE WILL BE NO RECOUNT IN PENNSYLVANIA: Jill Stein Perpetrating Election Fraud.

Written and Researched by Ren Jander, J.D.  Nov. 28, 2016

Everything you've been reading about a possible recount of the 2016 Presidential Election in Pennsylvania is wrong. There will be no "recount" in Pennsylvania. Book that. It is not speculation. It is legal fact. The broad spectrum of analysis from the blogosphere, Facebook and Twitter is pathetic. Seeing non-lawyer journalists mangle complicated election statutes so brazenly is not only sad but dangerous. It's giving an emotionally triggered part of the electorate false hope. And it simultaneously creates conditions for the destabilization of the nation when hyper-emotional election expectations are thwarted, as they most certainly will be."

snip

To add:

The unofficial county-by-county returns were submitted, according to law, by November 15th, and any petition for a recount alleging "fraud or error" in the counting (or canvassing) of ballots had to be inititated by at least three petitioners within five days after November 15th. Pennsylvania Election Code states at Section 1404(f):

"Returns under this subsection shall be considered unofficial for five (5) days. The county board shall submit the unofficial returns to the Secretary of the Commonwealth by five o'clock P. M. on the Tuesday following the election...At the expiration of five (5) days after the completion of the computation of votes, in case no petition for a recount or recanvass has been filed in accordance with the provisions of this act... the county board shall certify the returns so computed in said county in the manner required by this act."

The recount bird has flown in PA. End of story.

Michigan certified yesterday. Wisconsin certifies Thursday. If they can't complete the recounts on time, then I assume the certified counts stand for the EC.

Even so, with PA out, this is a dead issue. WI and MI aren't enough EV's to get Hillary propped in place.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 06:47:06 pm »

That's not necessarily germane.  The Iranian centrifuges that were damaged by the Stuxnet virus weren't connected to the internet either; all it had to do was find some way into a system that it could use to leapfrog to the systems that controlled the centrifuges. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 07:00:11 pm »
Fascinating article I read this weekend - the counties that Clinton won generated about 65% of the nation's GNP, while the counties that Trump won generated only about 35%.

This was a poor peoples' revolution, and the liberal elites cannot stand it.

Some of the 65% with their gazzillions of $$ GNP, showing their collective wisdom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0Rjc6jKCg

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 07:09:11 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 08:01:46 pm »

I do not know enough to know what the hell you are trying to say, but I do know that you are not speaking as a rational, normal, person. I think you need help. You really should look into some kind of treatment.

I am not saying this because I don't like you, or that I don't like your opinion. I am saying this because I care. You really should look into some kind of help. You need to reach out. Talk to someone who is close to you.

Damn. Who p***sd in your cornflakes 240B? Oceander and I have had our differences for sure (especially the silly "never trump" stuff and his profoundly uniformed view of the "popular vote" nonsense), but even considering that, your response post was a little harsh. The obvious point was that even an LAN not connected to the WWW can be hacked without physical Net connectivity increasing vulnerability.  He's advocating for a possible hack and though I disagree it's likely, he is correct about the LAN vulnerability. I'm guessing that some of the voting systems are connected to the Net (so some of the people in charge can remotely monitor system performance and totals while off site), but I don't know how or how much, which justifies the general discussion and inquiry.

Oceander may indeed be a good candidate for psychotherapy for other reasons, but if so, it was not demonstrated by this single post.

Other than that the harsh flame above I must say that you have some really terrific posts on this thread 240B. Thanks!

BTW, I get that you are being ironic about the Russian involvement, and agree 100%. There is no way that even experienced Dark Net hackers can easily determine the origin of attacks on the web. Proxy-servers, P2Ps and other method can effectively conceal geographical point of origin so well that even a full-on NSA-sponsored forensic examination of the data would be hard-pressed to establish origin beyond a reasonable doubt.

The positive assertions of the Eightball Obama administration about the origin of the recent voting system hacks (prior to the election), DNC/Email and other recent hacks being conclusively Russian are pure absolute bullshirt. The 'Crats are flat out guessing but stating their own morbid fantasies as facts because it is politically expedient and the Eightball has NEVER stopped campaigning in the entire eight years he has infested the Oval Orifice. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:30:40 pm by LateForLunch »

HonestJohn

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 09:37:48 pm »

I do not know enough to know what the hell you are trying to say, but I do know that you are not speaking as a rational, normal, person. I think you need help. You really should look into some kind of treatment.

I am not saying this because I don't like you, or that I don't like your opinion. I am saying this because I care. You really should look into some kind of help. You need to reach out. Talk to someone who is close to you.

You're a sick one, all right.

He provides an actual, historical event to show that an internet connection is not necessary for a cyber event to cause harm...

... and you attack the poster instead of evaluating the information.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 09:43:40 pm »
That's not necessarily germane.  The Iranian centrifuges that were damaged by the Stuxnet virus weren't connected to the internet either; all it had to do was find some way into a system that it could use to leapfrog to the systems that controlled the centrifuges.

You are correct. If memory serves me correctly, I believe the story was it was introduced locally at the plant with some sort of testing software via a thumb drive. Possibly done years in advance.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 09:44:17 pm »

Wow, seriously?  Physician heal thyself.