Author Topic: Alt-Right Exults in Donald Trump’s Election With a Salute: ‘Heil Victory’  (Read 12137 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
There were only 15 people who attended the Wannsee conference.
Less than 20 involved in the Dreyfus affair.
Roughly 600 in Munich's beer hall putsch.

And we condemned Obama for Sharpton.

You, on the other hand, *EXCUSE* Trump.  That makes you something far worse.  A hypocrite.

The millions who see yet remain silent are the true danger.

When I was a 20 something I used to go to the men's club breakfasts at the church with my grandfather. It was usually no more than a dozen or so people but they scheduled speakers on various issues. One speaker I have always remembered was an elderly German man who spoke of his guilt despite not being an active supporter of the nazis.

He said that the vast majority of Germans ended up supporting the nazis through the simple act of keeping their heads down and their mouth shut. Many Germans claimed "I didn't support the nazis so I'm not guilty", but this old guy said "I didn't support the nazis and I am guilty"

Offline Night Hides Not

When I was a 20 something I used to go to the men's club breakfasts at the church with my grandfather. It was usually no more than a dozen or so people but they scheduled speakers on various issues. One speaker I have always remembered was an elderly German man who spoke of his guilt despite not being an active supporter of the nazis.

He said that the vast majority of Germans ended up supporting the nazis through the simple act of keeping their heads down and their mouth shut. Many Germans claimed "I didn't support the nazis so I'm not guilty", but this old guy said "I didn't support the nazis and I am guilty"

Sorry for my laziness in not reading the first 3-4 pages of this thread, but did these people say "hail" or "heil"? To me, that's an important distinction, though I saw a couple of clips on the news with a few Nazi salutes.

To put it another way, I'm not too impressed with the collective IQ of this group anyway.

Your post makes sense...the first time I visited Flossenburg, I made the mistake of asking a couple locals for directions. There were none forthcoming. Eventually, I found it. Not as chilling or sobering a place as Dachau, but who revels at the thought of a concentration camp in your town?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:00:03 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

Sorry for my laziness in not reading the first 3-4 pages of this thread, but did these people say "hail" or "heil"? To me, that's an important distinction, though I saw a couple of clips on the news with a few Nazi salutes.

To put it another way, I'm not too impressed with the collective IQ of this group anyway.

Heil means Hail

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sorry for my laziness in not reading the first 3-4 pages of this thread, but did these people say "hail" or "heil"?

Heil. I've listened multiple times to different quality clips. They all agree, as do reports from people there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Heil means Hail
To elaborate for anyone in Rio Linda. Hail Victory is what Seig Heil means in English. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anne Coulter went on a tweet rant about this issue. Interesting statements, however, I think media personalities or hollywood stars really don't belong in separate threads in the political section.  Not Chris Matthews or nearly anyone.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/23/twitter-explodes-after-ann-coulter-s-tweet-on-american-nazis/21612710/

Ann Coulter inserted herself into the discussion on Monday night, tweeting, "Total # of deaths connected to American Nazi Party in last quarter century: ZERO; Total # of deaths connected to Al Sharpton: 9 I know of."

-----

Sharpton was involved in a riot I know where one young man got killed, she is probably adding in that place, I think a record store in NY where people were gunned down.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Anne Coulter went on a tweet rant about this issue. Interesting statements, however, I think media personalities or hollywood stars really don't belong in separate threads in the political section.  Not Chris Matthews or nearly anyone.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/23/twitter-explodes-after-ann-coulter-s-tweet-on-american-nazis/21612710/

Ann Coulter inserted herself into the discussion on Monday night, tweeting, "Total # of deaths connected to American Nazi Party in last quarter century: ZERO; Total # of deaths connected to Al Sharpton: 9 I know of."

-----

Sharpton was involved in a riot I know where one young man got killed, she is probably adding in that place, I think a record store in NY where people were gunned down.
Ann Coulter one of the best examples of the Alt-Right trying to go main stream that we've got.
“How many f—ing Jews do these people think there are in the United States?” she tweeted.

How many f---ing Jews do these people think there are in the United States?

— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) September 17, 2015
From her interview with the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bc0wb
“Americans don’t want immigration,” Coulter said, demanding a complete halt. “They don’t want any more. Why can’t we have a home?”

BBC interviewer James Naughtie challenged her: “If someone had said that about Jewish immigration into New York a century ago, would you have approved of it?”

“Oh God, not the Jews again,” the exasperated Coulter exclaimed.

“That’s like two percent of the population,” she added. “That did not overwhelm our culture.”

For anyone to stand up for this kind of hate, be it Sharpton or the Nazi's, or the KKK is despicable.
By the way, if memory serves one of the school shootings from a ways back (Columbine?) was committed by teens caught up in Nazi propaganda. Will do some digging and report back on that.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/-article-1.832816
Confirmed, it was Columbine.

So somebody let Ann know to stop lying. Nazi's death toll in America: 15

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What about the guy in NC or SC who shot up that church?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What about the guy in NC or SC who shot up that church?

Dylann Roof? Yep, Neo-Nazi.

Offline musiclady

Bookmark
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You don't want to know whose working in the new Trump administration?  You'd rather turn a blind eye?

Do you even know who did *EXACTLY* the same thing?

Happy Thanksgiving John, and thank you for posting this article.  I have not had much time for posting lately but I am reading. :seeya:

Offline goatprairie

While I understand why some conservatives are attracted to alt-right or white nationalist groups after hearing all the talk from the left blaming white people for every sin imaginable, I reject all appeals to vote based on the color of my skin...which happens to be white.
I support groups that support the American ideal of a country bound up by people of different ethnicities who follow the ideals established by the Founding Fathers.  The constitution of the U.S.A is my guide and not the wishes of certain people of similar skin color for an all-white country.
It's sort of ironic that a number of the people who head alt-right/white's first groups like Jared Taylor of American Renaissance have non-white spouses. In Taylor's case he has a wife of Japanese ancestry.  How does his wife fit into an all-white country? John Derbyshire was kicked out of National Review for writing a white version of "the talk," but Derbyshire, himself, I think has a wife of Chinese ancestry.
And to be fair, not all alt-white leaders or members necessarily want an all-white country...many simply want the white-bashing by the left stopped, and special, unconstitutional privileges given to non-whites stopped. And they want the flood of unassimilable aliens stopped. So do most conservatives.
But to be sure a very sizable pct. of the alt-right wants some sort of white-dominated society. Spencer made that pretty clear in his talk, and he's highly regarded among many alt-righters. Nothing good can come from giving them too much prominence in a Trump admin.

Offline Cripplecreek

While I understand why some conservatives are attracted to alt-right or white nationalist groups after hearing all the talk from the left blaming white people for every sin imaginable, I reject all appeals to vote based on the color of my skin...which happens to be white.
I support groups that support the American ideal of a country bound up by people of different ethnicities who follow the ideals established by the Founding Fathers.  The constitution of the U.S.A is my guide and not the wishes of certain people of similar skin color for an all-white country.
It's sort of ironic that a number of the people who head alt-right/white's first groups like Jared Taylor of American Renaissance have non-white spouses. In Taylor's case he has a wife of Japanese ancestry.  How does his wife fit into an all-white country? John Derbyshire was kicked out of National Review for writing a white version of "the talk," but Derbyshire, himself, I think has a wife of Chinese ancestry.
And to be fair, not all alt-white leaders or members necessarily want an all-white country...many simply want the white-bashing by the left stopped, and special, unconstitutional privileges given to non-whites stopped. And they want the flood of unassimilable aliens stopped. So do most conservatives.
But to be sure a very sizable pct. of the alt-right wants some sort of white-dominated society. Spencer made that pretty clear in his talk, and he's highly regarded among many alt-righters. Nothing good can come from giving them too much prominence in a Trump admin.

Calvin is my homeboy.

Offline TomSea

C. Coolidge at a minimum may have marched with the Klan, they may not have been as evil of an organization in the 1920s but the point remains.

https://mcheathem.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/coolidge-and-kkk.png

https://jacksonianamerica.com/2014/06/06/was-calvin-coolidge-a-klansman/

I'll spare posting an oversize photo of it though that might be just.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:53:21 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cripplecreek

C. Coolidge at a minimum may have marched with the Klan, they may not have been as evil of an organization in the 1920s but the point remains.

https://mcheathem.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/coolidge-and-kkk.pngjacksonianamerica.com/2014/06/06/was-calvin-coolidge-a-klansman/

You're lying liberal garbage boy.

Offline TomSea

Looks like the 1924 immigration act kept out some people.  Coolidge signed that bill.

The Act controlled undesirable immigration by establishing quotas. The Act barred specific origins from the Asia–Pacific Triangle, which included Japan, China, the Philippines (then under U.S. control), Siam (Thailand), French Indochina (Laos, Vietnam, and Cambodia), Singapore (then a British colony), Korea, the Dutch East Indies (Indonesia), Burma (Myanmar), India, Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Malaya (mainland part of Malaysia).[17] Based on the Naturalization Acts of 1790 and 1870, only people of white or African descent were eligible for naturalization, and the Act forbade further immigration of any persons ineligible to be naturalized.[17] The Act set no limits on immigration from Latin American countries.[18]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Act_of_1924

Offline musiclady

You're lying liberal garbage boy.

Tom has a deep need to trash every conservative in order to pump up his liberal love.

It's disgusting.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

Looks like the 1924 immigration act kept out some people.  Coolidge signed that bill.

So Coolidge was strong on immigration, you're still a liar. All you're proving is that liberals who pretend to be conservatives always expose themselves because they don't know where the real lines are. You seem to think that Coolidge supporting strong border control makes him as much of a racist as you are.

BTW here's what the poster of the photo of "Coolidge marching with the Klan" had to say.

The photo to the left appears on the site with the statement that Coolidge was the man in the suit marching with Klan leaders. According to the individual who runs the site, “In the 1980’s, I spoke to everyone I could find who would have been alive in the 1920’s and old enough to remember what went on. They all told me it was common knowledge that President Coolidge was a Klan member.” Sixty-year-old statements and a photo of a man who doesn’t even resemble Coolidge–what more do you need for evidence?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

https://jacksonianamerica.com/2014/06/06/was-calvin-coolidge-a-klansman/

You do realize, the second link actually states in no uncertain terms that Coolidge was not part of the klan and it is a myth?

Both Harding and Coolidge not only rejected the klan, but supported bills that banned their activity. https://coolidgefoundation.org/blog/the-ku-klux-klan-in-calvin-coolidges-america/  He overtly rejected and attacked the klan in now fewer than 5 major public speeches.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ab - you could have saved time by remembering the rule of headlines:

The answer to a questioning headline is always no.  :tongue2:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Quote from Night Hides Not:  "I'm not too impressed with the I.Q. of this group anyway."

You must be a lot smarter than I am because I am impressed with the amount of information displayed on this thread. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Well, but ...  I'm not sure what you expect people to do.  I don't know anyone personally who hates or despises Jews or Blacks.  I never see posts on Facebook, for example, expressing that kind of view.

I would decry it if I did.  But I think this is such a minor threat to most Americans, not sure what you would have us do?  Try to find a bad person and tell him/her off? 

This is a tiny group of people who are being used by a larger group of people to attack another group of people.

I refuse to take responsibility.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cripplecreek

I refuse to take responsibility.

That's really all you needed to say. It absolves you of all blame forever.