Author Topic: Fashion designer refuses to dress Melania Trump  (Read 19525 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Fashion designer refuses to dress Melania Trump
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2016, 12:53:34 am »

What a big surprise. Found out today I can visit this site, and learn about the clothing design business and homosexuality in one stop.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 01:00:22 am »
What a big surprise. Found out today I can visit this site, and learn about the clothing design business and homosexuality in one stop.

There's always FR.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2016, 01:11:59 am »
I'd really like to hear these brainstems explain what they hope will result from these childish gestures.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2016, 01:14:54 am »
There's always FR.

That may be true, but YOU brought that capability HERE with you. Thanks so much.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2016, 01:17:14 am »
I expect to see "If you dress her, you'll never work in this town again." Remember that the Fashion industry is ruled by the most 'drama queen' of gay men. they are vindictive by nature.

It is wrongheaded.  "Chic"  flows from power.    Throughout history,  the wealthy wore outlandish clothes precisely because they were wealthy and powerful. Social status is simply fused to wealth and power.   

The powerful set the fashion trends,  and the peasantry merely follow. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2016, 01:17:29 am »
That may be true, but YOU brought that capability HERE with you. Thanks so much.

And i'm not going anywhere so perhaps you should be there and thus never have to worry about reading what I post.

No need to thank me. I enjoy being helpful.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2016, 01:24:28 am »
They do?..Ooops I better be careful then.. :smokin:

I just saw an article earlier today alleging that cursing is an indicator of higher intelligence.   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3949986/Is-swearing-sign-intelligence-People-curse-larger-vocabulary-don-t.html?ITO=1490

We'll i'll be ******!   

:)
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2016, 01:31:57 am »
What a b'tch...I am sure there are many designers who would love to showcase their designs by Melania wearing them

Total phony.  Anything Melania wears would make a designer look good.  I'm not a big fan of Melania at all but she definitely looks good in her clothes (and without them).
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2016, 01:33:31 am »
@mystery-ak

No, don't think she is a b'tch, no more than bakers who refuse to bake a cake for homo marriage.  No more than Chick Fila, who use their religious beliefs in their business, no more than Hobby Lobby use their religious beliefs to close on Sunday.  This designer is using her political beliefs to run their family business.  I don't see her as any different than any other business that chooses to do this or that due to whatever they believe. 

There are also apartment buildings in New York who are removing the TRUMP name off their buildings.  That is their right since he does not own the buildings.  They were paying him to have his name there and now they are dumping his name.

You think she has a religious objection to Melania?  You're being too kind. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2016, 02:19:09 am »
What a b'tch...I am sure there are many designers who would love to showcase their designs by Melania wearing them

Refusal by the creator of the boob belt and the other hideous garments Michelle the Mooch wore? That is a good thing.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2016, 02:55:26 am »
Refusal by the creator of the boob belt and the other hideous garments Michelle the Mooch wore? That is a good thing.
Someone noted this is a preemptive refusal. No requests were made, and understandably so. Omar will just have to return to the temporary abode business...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2016, 03:39:23 am »

Was there a purpose for this post?

Are we supposed to think badly of TBR because you're miffed by this article and thread?

Don't you have anything important in your life to think about, or do you get your jollies by saying dumb stuff about a great political forum that you don't like any more because they didn't fall in love with your guy and ban everyone who didn't agree with you?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:39:58 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2016, 03:43:41 am »
If the fancy fashion designers won't help, Melania can just dress in jeans and a blouse, and still look great...

Offline Fantom

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2016, 03:44:55 am »

Something 'Bout "Safe Spaces".   :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2016, 03:48:16 am »
If the fancy fashion designers won't help, Melania can just dress in jeans and a blouse, and still look great...

Drape her in the Mau Mau's Muumuu and so too.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2016, 04:00:32 am »
I report, you decide @mystery-ak 

Melania:                                                                                                 From the Sophie Theallet winter collection:

(I may be too optimistic here ... but I'm guessing Melania's going to be just fine  :laugh:)

What is the bottom picture about?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2016, 04:03:19 am »
Total phony.  Anything Melania wears would make a designer look good.  I'm not a big fan of Melania at all but she definitely looks good in her clothes (and without them).

And if most men engage in locker room the way Trump did they are all looking at Melania's internet images.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2016, 04:03:38 am »
What is the bottom picture about?

Being pretentious. Same as all fashion photography.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2016, 04:20:02 am »

I thought this was self-serving and just plain tacky.  I've never heard of this Sophie person.  I absolutely state here and now that I refuse to wear any of her creations.

She will probably be crushed.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2016, 04:46:56 am »
Being pretentious. Same as all fashion photography.

The lady laying on the rock in mucking water looking dead?  Is there a second picture there or is it only me.  Just wondering if anyone else sees it?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:48:39 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2016, 05:25:01 am »

This is good news. Maybe we will not have to endure this crap anymore.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2016, 06:25:43 am »
This is good news. Maybe we will not have to endure this crap anymore.

Don't forget that Mooch is a fashion icon now. The media said so.

I remember laughing my ass off when Barry got selected, they went on an 8-year bender declaring everything she did was the new big thing and raved about her 'natural beauty'. Pretty much a total 180 on everything they'd ever written on clothing, beauty etc. Suddenly pear shaped was the new hotness, man sized feet were 'handsome' and her body builder arms were 'trim and fit'.

To give Trump's wife any credit for looks/appearance would negate 8 years of social engineering. However Mel was praised in all their pages with no issue at all until a year ago. Hmmmm...

Something seems a bit odd here but I just can't put a finger on it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2016, 09:49:26 am »
Don't forget that Mooch is a fashion icon now. The media said so.

I remember laughing my ass off when Barry got selected, they went on an 8-year bender declaring everything she did was the new big thing and raved about her 'natural beauty'. Pretty much a total 180 on everything they'd ever written on clothing, beauty etc. Suddenly pear shaped was the new hotness, man sized feet were 'handsome' and her body builder arms were 'trim and fit'.

To give Trump's wife any credit for looks/appearance would negate 8 years of social engineering. However Mel was praised in all their pages with no issue at all until a year ago. Hmmmm...

Something seems a bit odd here but I just can't put a finger on it.
If the media try to convince us Mrs. Trump isn't physically attractive, well, that will show just how far they have gone off the rails, and just what their opinions are worth. That sort of exposure could be good, not that their raving over the current FLOTUS wasn't a credibility crusher.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »

@truth_seeker

What do you have against the fashion industry?  Is it somehow less legitimate than other industries? 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2016, 06:19:59 pm »
With that kind of markup, someone is going to get it where it wasn't supposed to go.

C S Lewis