Author Topic: Don't lock her up: Trump confidante Laura Ingraham says people 'want to turn the page' and says the public doesn't want to spend 'months and months and months' on the Clinton Foundation and Hillary's emails  (Read 4686 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don't lock her up: Trump confidante Laura Ingraham says people 'want to turn the page' and says the public doesn't want to spend 'months and months and months' on the Clinton Foundation and Hillary's emails

Laura Ingraham suggested that there might not be much of an appetite for more Clinton investigations now that Donald Trump has won
    The conservative talk show host said the believed that people were ready to 'move past this very rancorous time in American politics'
    Appearing this morning on the 'Today' show, Ingraham addressed rumors that she was in the running for Trump's press secretary 

By Nikki Schwab, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:42 EST, 17 November 2016 | Updated: 15:47 EST, 17 November 2016

While chants of 'Lock Her Up' reverberated through the ballroom at Donald Trump's election night party in New York City, the president-elect's confidante Laura Ingraham suggested the new administration avoid investigating Hillary Clinton.

'I think there are a lot of people who just want to turn the page and move past this very rancorous time in American politics,' Ingraham said this morning on the 'Today' show.

Ingraham is reportedly on the short list for press secretary, so she made it clear to Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie that she was 'not speaking for the administration' when she said that she didn't think 'most Americans want to spend months and months and month going through what the Clintons did or didn't do at the foundation or with the private server.'

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3945816/Don-t-lock-Trump-confidante-Laura-Ingraham-says-people-want-turn-page-want-fresh-start-says-public-doesn-t-want-spent-months-months-months-Clinton-Foundation-emails.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

On behalf of numerous platoon leaders whose careers were ruined over a lost CEOI on field exercises, Hillary must be held accountable for her lawlessness.

"CEOI" was about the size of a pack of cigarettes, and contained call signs and frequencies for brief time periods, no more than a week. It was secured to your person with a chain similar to that worn with dog tags. I was always terrified that the chain would break out in the field, and lose the CEOI.

Although it's classification was "Confidential", losing one was a career-ender.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Don't lock her up: Trump confidante Laura Ingraham says people 'want to turn the page' and says the public doesn't want to spend 'months and months and months' on the Clinton Foundation and Hillary's emails

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
This trial balloon is going over like it was made of lead.  Prosecute the corrupt Clintons!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I do not believe this is true. Trump cannot open and close his campaign rallies with, 'Lock her up!' and then after the election just ignore it because it might be messy. More than that, Hillary's crimes are simply too big to ignore.

She sold her position as Secretary of State to foreign governments for personal gain.
She knowingly compromised the national security of America in a huge way with her personal server.
She knowingly ignored and circumvented security protocols and sent classified information to people and places that were unsecure.
She committed perjury. She lied to Congress. She lied to the FBI. She lied to the American people.
She, Bill, and Chelsea, have used "the Clinton Foundation", which is ostensibly a "charity", as their own personal checking account.

I cannot picture any scenario in which she keeps those tens of millions of dollars she collected illegally, and simply walks away into retirement. I'm sorry. I simply cannot see that happening after the inauguration, regardless of what Trump and his cronies are saying now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Silver Pines

Lol, next up---Sean Hannity with the refrain that no one cares about seeing Clinton brought to justice.

What a surprise.😜

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Lol, next up---Sean Hannity with the refrain that no one cares about seeing Clinton brought to justice.

What a surprise.😜

Don't you just love the way these people who spent years screaming about justice for the victims and their families now suddenly decide "Meh, healing".

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
We'll see, I do see Laura's point that there are bigger fish to fry.

Anti-Romneys from 2012 have helped make the world a very dangerous place.

Trump voters this time, have helped preserve the 1st and 2nd amendment but there is much work to do.

Silver Pines

Don't you just love the way these people who spent years screaming about justice for the victims and their families now suddenly decide "Meh, healing".

@Cripplecreek

Reminds me of the way the left went from loving the electoral college to wanting it abolished....purely situational principles on display.

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek

Reminds me of the way the left went from loving the electoral college to wanting it abolished....purely situational principles on display.

Yup. Yesterday I was accused of being a democrat who wanted Clinton to win by the same lowlife's who wante to let her escape justice today.

TBS is no more immune to the manipulative trolls than TOS is.

Silver Pines

Would someone please tell me how to use the ignore function?  Generally I see it as an easy way out and I don't like using it, but when your brain cells scream and die in response to certain posts, something has to be done.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I do not believe this is true. Trump cannot open and close his campaign rallies with, 'Lock her up!' and then after the election just ignore it because it might be messy. More than that, Hillary's crimes are simply too big to ignore.

She sold her position as Secretary of State to foreign governments for personal gain.
She knowingly compromised the national security of America in a huge way with her personal server.
She knowingly ignored and circumvented security protocols and sent classified information to people and places that were unsecure.
She committed perjury. She lied to Congress. She lied to the FBI. She lied to the American people.
She, Bill, and Chelsea, have used "the Clinton Foundation", which is ostensibly a "charity", as their own personal checking account.

I cannot picture any scenario in which she keeps those tens of millions of dollars she collected illegally, and simply walks away into retirement. I'm sorry. I simply cannot see that happening after the inauguration, regardless of what Trump and his cronies are saying now.

Hate to break it to you Trump only pushed the "lock her up" meme to get people to vote for him.

And you fell for it. Rob Manafred let the cat outta the bag 6 months ago. Trump says what people want to hear to get them fired up.

Hillary isnt going to jail. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:54:54 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

Yup. Yesterday I was accused of being a democrat who wanted Clinton to win by the same lowlife's who wante to let her escape justice today.

TBS is no more immune to the manipulative trolls than TOS is.

@Cripplecreek

Well, it seems to me that letting her get away scot-free is helping her to win in the worst way.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I agree with her. Trump shouldn't have said it during the debates and now he looks like Hugo Chavez if he follows through with it.

Offline goodwithagun

Would someone please tell me how to use the ignore function?  Generally I see it as an easy way out and I don't like using it, but when your brain cells scream and die in response to certain posts, something has to be done.

If they'd only apply thier effort to true conservative thought instead of attempting to Trumpsplain away all of his liberal-ness.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I see the eternal pessimists Trump haters club is up early this morning. Once you guys establish yourselves as unreasonable Trump haters with a perpetually negative view of everything he says and does, everything everyone else says about what he may or may not do, and every rumor that pops up on the internet, then your opinion becomes meaningless because it is always the same. The guy isn't even President, and yet everybody seems to know without a doubt exactly what he is going to do about everything. And it is always the most negative view possible.

On Star Trek the Next Generation there was a character named Worf. Worf always wanted to attack. Every time the Captain asked Worf what he thought about any situation, Worf would inevitable say, 'I think we should attack!' He was so consistent in this attitude that it was useless to even ask him about anything. The answer was always the same.

That's the way I see these left-over NeverTrumpers. Like Worf their opinions and predictions never vary. And like Worf, that never changing attitude renders their opinions meaningless.

I don't know what Trump will do once he is in office, and neither does anyone else. This constant depressive analysis that Trump is going to renege on every promise he made, may make the NeverTrumpers feel good now, but will they admit they were wrong when Trump follows through? Or will they disappear like smoke, never to be seen or heard again?

What do you think of Trump Worf? "He is a liar and a fraud, and he will never follow through on anything he said he would do!"
Ok Worf. That's enough from you. I think we know where you stand on everything.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

I agree with her. Trump shouldn't have said it during the debates and now he looks like Hugo Chavez if he follows through with it.

Actually Trump's constant need for enemies is what made, makes and will continue to make him look like Hugo Chavez. The reasons are the same.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Actually Trump's constant need for enemies is what made, makes and will continue to make him look like Hugo Chavez. The reasons are the same.

Hope you are wrong about this. Maybe Nixon is a better analogy.

Silver Pines

If they'd only apply thier effort to true conservative thought instead of attempting to Trumpsplain away all of his liberal-ness.

@goodwithagun

I'm not sure they're capable.

I'm serious about the request on how to use ignore, though.  I've looked around at the help forums but I can't find out how to access it.  Hopefully this will be the only time I'll use it.

Offline Cripplecreek

Hope you are wrong about this. Maybe Nixon is a better analogy.

No Nixon is not a better analogy. Nixon actually had enemies doing exactly what Nixon accused them of. His reaction to them was the problem.

Trump goes out of his way to create enemies and controversy only to cry that those people or organizations are unfairly targeting him or are out to get him. The "Media hates Trump show" was the biggest line of BS i've ever seen pulled on the American people. While he was squealing like a stuck pig he was still doing his weekly call in segment on Fox And Friends anmd he was getting many times the coverage of other candidates. Trump AND the media both knew what they were doing.  Sean Hannity conveniently managed to give Trump a full hour before every single primary race and untold hours more. And that was just that media that "hates him".

At last count Trump has threatened to sue at least 48 people or organizations just in the course of his campaign.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
On behalf of numerous platoon leaders whose careers were ruined over a lost CEOI on field exercises, Hillary must be held accountable for her lawlessness.

"CEOI" was about the size of a pack of cigarettes, and contained call signs and frequencies for brief time periods, no more than a week. It was secured to your person with a chain similar to that worn with dog tags. I was always terrified that the chain would break out in the field, and lose the CEOI.

Although it's classification was "Confidential", losing one was a career-ender.

:amen:  Couldn't agree more!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

@Cripplecreek

Well, it seems to me that letting her get away scot-free is helping her to win in the worst way.

Allowing the worst offenders to get away scot free with their ill gotten gains isn't the most effective way to drain the swamp is it. It guarantees more vermin will slither right back in.