Author Topic: The next great battle for conservatives: Keeping RINO insiders out of the administration  (Read 9738 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

RINO = a moron idiot word used by moronic idiots.

That term, RINO, has lost all meaning.  No one on the Right is excluded from being labeled as such by somebody.  You give 10 people the task of listing 10 RINO's and you may get 50 or 60 names.  It has become a hollow aspersion that is absent thought.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
RINO = a moron idiot word used by moronic idiots.

Never made any sense to me either.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That term, RINO, has lost all meaning.  No one on the Right is excluded from being labeled as such by somebody.  You give 10 people the task of listing 10 RINO's and you may get 50 or 60 names.  It has become a hollow aspersion that is absent thought.

But it never really had any to begin with.  Because the bottom line is that it really is little more than just a name.  If you say you're a "Republican" when you register to vote, you are.  Calling such a person a "Republican in Name Only" just because they don't vote conservative kind of overlooks the point that "Republicans" can be found at a lot of different points on the political spectrum.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For those who seem to be having trouble with this:

RINO = Trump!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

For those who seem to be having trouble with this:

RINO = Trump!

I spit my coffee right there!
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

But it never really had any to begin with.  Because the bottom line is that it really is little more than just a name.  If you say you're a "Republican" when you register to vote, you are.  Calling such a person a "Republican in Name Only" just because they don't vote conservative kind of overlooks the point that "Republicans" can be found at a lot of different points on the political spectrum.

True.  It never had meaning - and it has less now. 
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
True.  It never had meaning - and it has less now.

I disagree!  I rarely use it but it does have meaning and it should remain in the lexicon IMHO!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I disagree!  I rarely use it but it does have meaning and it should remain in the lexicon IMHO!

Well, I disagree!   :tongue2:

We/I have been equating Republican with the more conservative portion of the electorate.  It has become apparent that that is not true, so the term CINO may be more meaningful.

Offline jpsb

Wow talk about a major spin on things.  Let's reflect back at the very beginning of primary season shall we?  Cruz and Trump held a rally together against the Iran deal and they seemed to share an equal admiration towards each other and seemed to hold a lot of the same principles on key issues...that was until Cruz started to surge in the polls.  Trump went ballistic on him with the birther issue, when Cruz won Iowa Trump became relentless and began smearing him personally and politically without ANY provocation from Cruz.  Trump never stopped and went on to verbally assault Cruz's wife and father.  Are you trying to tell me that Cruz's wife and father attacked Trump first?

The statement that you made that Trump only attacks those that attack him first is an absolute downright LIE!

There is no way the son of a Cuban born in Canada is a Natural Born Citizen of the USA.

Sorry but Cruz is not a Natural Born Citizen under original intent. Because of that Cruz would never have won the election. In fact up until the 1930's Cruz would not even be considered a citizen of the USA. It was in the 30's that Congress passed a law allowing mothers to pass citizenship on to their children.

If a law passed by Congress makes you a citizen you are not a Natural Born Citizen you are a naturalized citizen. Our Constitution if gives Congress authority to naturalize citizens. NBC just are citizens, no law makes them a citizen.

Believe me the NBC issue was going to come up. Trump did not bring it up he was asked a question and he gave an honest answer.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, I disagree!   :tongue2:

We/I have been equating Republican with the more conservative portion of the electorate.  It has become apparent that that is not true, so the term CINO may be more meaningful.

You make an EXCELLENT point my dear!   :beer: 888high58888
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:59:14 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

Ok...I'll type slow so you understand.

You are bashing people here for daring to ask critical questions of Trump.

You lie and call us Hillary supporters and claim we are worse than Communists.

All we have done here is exactly what you did at ToS. 

Yet you want us to receive the same treatment that you got yourself?

Do you NOT see the irony in your belligerence?

Or do you just not care that you are being a flaming hypocrite?

Ok I get your point now, thanks.

You are wrong, I only go after vicious NeverTrumpers. Anyone that wishes to have a conservation about Trump without calling Trump Hitler or some other such nonsense I am find with.  So I dispute your premise.  :)

Oceander

There is no way the son of a Cuban born in Canada is a Natural Born Citizen of the USA.

Sorry but Cruz is not a Natural Born Citizen under original intent. Because of that Cruz would never have won the election. In fact up until the 1930's Cruz would not even be considered a citizen of the USA. It was in the 30's that Congress passed a law allowing mothers to pass citizenship on to their children.

If a law passed by Congress makes you a citizen you are not a Natural Born Citizen you are a naturalized citizen. Our Constitution if gives Congress authority to naturalize citizens. NBC just are citizens, no law makes them a citizen.

Believe me the NBC issue was going to come up. Trump did not bring it up he was asked a question and he gave an honest answer.

Oh goodie.  More of this junk, again.  :rolleyes:

Oceander

If Trump is a conservative I'm the queen of England!  And the last time I looked I was NOT a queen!

Yeah, but I bet you look good in white elbow gloves and a tiara!!

Offline Lando Lincoln

Would we need to curtsey in his presence?  Yeeesh.
John Steinbeck

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't recall Trump attacking Justice Scalia, I do recall Cruz attacking Trump and blaming Trump for violence at his rallies, which we now know was instated by the DNC (Hillary).

It doesn't matter whether you recall Trump attacking Scalia or not, it happened.

Cruz's attack on Trump's rallies started well after Trump started attacking him.

Nice try on the apples and oranges comparison though.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Blatant deflection and mis-direction.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Blatant deflection and mis-direction.

And did you ever notice? The Trump toadies only have about a half dozen narratives that they keep cycling through. Apparently they aren't bright enough to come up with any narratives of their own and Orange Glorious hasn't fed them any new ones.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Thanks for proving my point. You attack some other candidate with obfuscating ridiculousness, then cry when you're candidate is attacked.

Bottom line is you want a one way street. Unfortunately things aren't going to work like that.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:36:49 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Resp3

Sorry but Cruz is not a Natural Born Citizen under original intent....

Original intent?
 :facepalm2:

If you think you know what original intent means, then you know more than the founding fathers. They had no clue what they were doing when it came to that one and only individual known as a NBC. If they had, they would not have amended and changed the definition just 3 years later. To another ambiguous and unclear meaning. Which has been further defined and redefined by hundreds of court cases.

Face it. Any US citizen may be elected President.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ok I get your point now, thanks.

You are wrong, I only go after vicious NeverTrumpers. Anyone that wishes to have a conservation about Trump without calling Trump Hitler or some other such nonsense I am find with.  So I dispute your premise.  :)

No you attack people here...myself included...who said none of that and objected to him based on his words and actions and past history that proved he was a NY Liberal pretendimg to be a Rockefeller Republican.

Even now we're being ostracized for holding him to the promises he made to you guys that hes already backing out of and you and others are making excuses for.

You're now so desperate to back peddle that your making rationalizations for your unwarranted attacks that weren't in your original proclamations against people who didnt support Trump.

You're not the victim here in any sense of the word. So quit trying to pretend you are.

You're a bully plain and simple.

And you revel in being one.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
If Trump is a conservative I'm the queen of England!  And the last time I looked I was NOT a queen!

Bigun... is that you?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Resp3

And did you ever notice? The Trump toadies only have about a half dozen narratives that they keep cycling through. Apparently they aren't bright enough to come up with any narratives of their own and Orange Glorious hasn't fed them any new ones.

Yah? Sez You!  Cruz also had 5 mistresses and he stole Colorado!

signed: Trump Toadie.

/sarc

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

If I had those things aI would try them on and find out!  :silly: :silly:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Original intent?
 :facepalm2:

If you think you know what original intent means, then you know more than the founding fathers. They had no clue what they were doing when it came to that one and only individual known as a NBC. If they had, they would not have amended and changed the definition just 3 years later. To another ambiguous and unclear meaning. Which has been further defined and redefined by hundreds of court cases.

Face it. Any US citizen may be elected President.

BZZZZZ!!!    :nono:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Bigun... is that you?

Damn!  Where did that come from!  I thought I deep sixed every last one of those!

:mauslaff:

- J. R. R. Tolkien