Author Topic: The next great battle for conservatives: Keeping RINO insiders out of the administration  (Read 9678 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Original intent?
 :facepalm2:

If you think you know what original intent means, then you know more than the founding fathers. They had no clue what they were doing when it came to that one and only individual known as a NBC. If they had, they would not have amended and changed the definition just 3 years later. To another ambiguous and unclear meaning. Which has been further defined and redefined by hundreds of court cases.

Face it. Any US citizen may be elected President.

Rationalization is not a strong point with the Cruz Birthers.

They spent months demanding to see Ted Cruz's naturalization papers claiming that him not showing them meant he was hiding the fact that he wasn't a "natural born citizen". In reality, having naturalization papers would prove that he wasn't a natural born citizen.

Ted Cruz doesn't have naturalization papers for the same reason I don't have naturalization papers. I was born with American citizenship as was Ted Cruz.

Offline Night Hides Not

Yeah, but I bet you look good in white elbow gloves and a tiara!!

I never knew that Bigun was Rudy...   :facepalm:

@Bigun
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:17:09 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline bilo

Nonsense.  DT got fewer votes than Romney or McCain.  And, that's counting many of us who went and voted for Trump in order to vote against Clinton. 

And, it doesn't even begin to compare to some historical elections like that of Abe Lincoln. 

Back off on the worship and hyperbole and we might be able to have a conversation.

:amen:

Some of the Trump supporters are willfully ignorant of the facts of this election. We had fewest voters turn out since bill clinton's re-election. Overall fewer Pubs voted for Trump than voted for Romney. Trump won because of three key groups Evangelicals, cross over Rats and Independents. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Night Hides Not

:amen:

Some of the Trump supporters are willfully ignorant of the facts of this election. We had fewest voters turn out since bill clinton's re-election. Overall fewer Pubs voted for Trump than voted for Romney. Trump won because of three key groups Evangelicals, cross over Rats and Independents.

...and the fact that about 9 million fewer people voted for Hillary than they did for Obama.

I disagree with you on the bolded sentence. You're being too harsh by calling them "willfully" ignorant.  :nometalk:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline bilo

...and the fact that about 9 million fewer people voted for Hillary than they did for Obama.

I disagree with you on the bolded sentence. You're being too harsh by calling them "willfully" ignorant.  :nometalk:

I suppose I'm being too harsh, but I try to assume that people who post on forums like this try to be informed.

Your point about hillary getting 9 million less votes than obama is a great one. IOW, Trump's victory is fragile. Now's the time to get things done. The Rats always have a demographic advantage and anywhere from 2-3 million illegal votes in their pocket. If the conservatives can get the big things done and good justices on the SCOTUS maybe the Rat advantages will change.

Oceander

I suppose I'm being too harsh, but I try to assume that people who post on forums like this try to be informed.

Your point about hillary getting 9 million less votes than obama is a great one. IOW, Trump's victory is fragile. Now's the time to get things done. The Rats always have a demographic advantage and anywhere from 2-3 million illegal votes in their pocket. If the conservatives can get the big things done and good justices on the SCOTUS maybe the Rat advantages will change.

Good luck with that.  Trump has no mandate to govern as he - or thee - pleases.  Besides which, he's already repudiated any number of his campaign promises, so what makes you so sure he isn't going to repudiate all the way back to his true liberal self?

Offline bilo

Good luck with that.  Trump has no mandate to govern as he - or thee - pleases.  Besides which, he's already repudiated any number of his campaign promises, so what makes you so sure he isn't going to repudiate all the way back to his true liberal self?

From what I've seen so far the Pub party recognizes the opportunity and Trump is not replacing his conservative advisors. I don't know what's going to happen in the next 6 months, no one does. I do know the media will do everything they can to fracture the Pubs and they can't be trusted. I'm just hoping that Trump will be a pleasant surprise.

Offline Just_Victor

From what I've seen so far the Pub party recognizes the opportunity and Trump is not replacing his conservative advisors. I don't know what's going to happen in the next 6 months, no one does. I do know the media will do everything they can to fracture the Pubs and they can't be trusted. I'm just hoping that Trump will be a pleasant surprise.

Conservatives seem to be stuck with little else in this election cycle but the hope that Trump won't be quite so bad as he seems.

Better than the alternative I guess.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline bilo

Conservatives seem to be stuck with little else in this election cycle but the hope that Trump won't be quite so bad as he seems.

Better than the alternative I guess.

We are stuck with what we've got.

I'm just trying to not get to "cranked up" until I see what is actually getting done. We had some neverTrumpers who were just as bad as the Trump supporters on this forum before the election. For theses neverTrumpers there wasn't anything he could do that was right and according to them Trump had no chance. The opposite was true of the Trump supporters, whatever Trump said and did was perfect and there was no way he was going to lose.

I've seen some good things. Trump had a great conversation with Netanyahu and came out saying the capital of Israel is Jerusalem. Bannon is going to be a good balance to Preibus. Preibus is a good pick to work with the Pub leadership in Congress as is Pence. My take on Trump is he will say anything, but he has no depth to his thinking. Lets see if the people around him can keep actual laws and executive orders conservative, or sound fiscally.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The only explanation that makes sense to me is that some of these people put so much of their personal ego and self-worth into their political views that they want to keep the win personal to their little group, so they get the "credit" and can pat themselves on the back.  They don't want to share the "glory".

Whereas the rest of us take a more utilitarian approach, and simply care about how to make the best of the new, post-election situation.  For us, it's not personal, it's business.
@musiclady I think you have both summed things up pretty well. It is a shame that those who convinced themselves the ONLY reason we couldn't vote for Trump wasn't Trump, not that we ever supported Hillary. Now, though, that they have embraced Trump as the epitomy of goodness and the Standard Bearer of the GOP, they are having difficulties with all the reasons those of who couldn't vote for him then, are still giving rise to skepticism about the future.
This is the very mechanism by which the standards for candidates morph leftward, and they should stop and look at the man and what promises he keeps, the things he does, and how that compares with the reasons they believed he was a good choice in the first place.

For those who voted for him primarily because he wasn't Hillary, that remains as well.

I am all for letting his promises be the standard by which we judge his performance, and taking a wait and see attitude. I am, admittedly, skeptical, but will give credit where credit is due.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:52:21 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

We are stuck with what we've got.

I'm just trying to not get to "cranked up" until I see what is actually getting done. We had some neverTrumpers who were just as bad as the Trump supporters on this forum before the election. For theses neverTrumpers there wasn't anything he could do that was right and according to them Trump had no chance. The opposite was true of the Trump supporters, whatever Trump said and did was perfect and there was no way he was going to lose.

I've seen some good things. Trump had a great conversation with Netanyahu and came out saying the capital of Israel is Jerusalem. Bannon is going to be a good balance to Preibus. Preibus is a good pick to work with the Pub leadership in Congress as is Pence. My take on Trump is he will say anything, but he has no depth to his thinking. Lets see if the people around him can keep actual laws and executive orders conservative, or sound fiscally.

A Trump Presidency will be better for the 2nd Amendment than a Hillary Presidency would and on energy issues, Trump will be better. And maybe illegal immigration.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

You are entitled to your opinion, however no one is obligated to listen to it.
As are you, and as are we.
  You as a NeverTrumper worked hard to see Trump not elected and can go pound sand.
You just still don't get it, do you? What do you have against Castle? Maybe I should hate your guts, too.
People like me see NeverTrumpers as worst then commie Rats.
Wow... You see people who want the Constitution of the United States of America upheld, followed, and strictly adhered to as worse than "Commie Rats"? Fascinating.

The good news is that NeverTrumpers are tiny minority and Trump does not need them.
ROTFLMAO! You think he needs you now? He has been elected. He doesn't need you for anything, unless you want to buy another Chinese-made hat that says "Make America Great Again", or maybe a Mexican suit. He even picked the master of 'forgetting about all that crap you told the rubes because the election is OVER' for his chief of staff. Who do you think really helped compromise the TEA party surge in Congress? Or maybe you just don't agree with smaller government and fiscal responsibility, either.
NeverTrumpers are not those that didn't vote Trump, not those that had serious doubts about Trump. NeverTrumpers are those that viciously attacked Trump very step of the way 24/7. I'm not talking about those that were critical of this or that.
24/7? Well, it is just that there was so much of this and so much of that, and I type slowly, so it took a lot of time, but I ate right, got enough sleep, so what? I got most of those, I didn't vote Trump, I had serious doubts about Trump (lots of them), but 2 out of 3 doesn't count? Damn! Missed it by that much! Oh, were we meanines? Should I post the wah wah girl? Call a waahmbulance for all the widdle huwt feewings the F***ING WINNERS OF THE ELECTION HAVE?  You people are certifiable!
I am talking about people like you that use lies, slander and attacked Trump his family and everything Trump as done for the last 40 years.
I have, on occasion perhaps been mistaken, but you just crossed a line.

You called me a liar.

Produce a link to a post where I lied about Trump. 
DO IT, OR YOU ARE THE LIAR.
It's that simple, you made the allegation, now back your stinky fingers up with an example.

NeverTrumpers can go to H#LL.
Anyone can go to Hell, That's why The Almighty sent Jesus (Yeshua) to be the sacrifice for our sins, and for us to embrace in His forgiveness. "Hate" isn't conducive to salvation, friend, fyi.
Just wanted to correct you opening remarks, maybe I'll read the rest of what you wrote, then again maybe not.
I really don't care what you read. When the sun comes up in the morning Trump will be (presumptively) president elect.  When the Electoral College meets, they'll finalize that. If you want to carry forth with hate (because that's what it is, and what you have accused those of us who would not vote for Trump of) I pity you.

But still, I want to thank you. Every time I felt my resolve begin to weaken, you and others of your ilk greeted my concerns with a spew of vindictive vitriol and general spew that convinced me to stick to my principles. Thank you for strengthening my position.

If you wish to spend your future howling about how we didn't vote for your candidate, well, join Hillary's minions, Obama's worshipers, even Jimmy Carters' supporters, and those who voted for McGovern, Dukakis, Kerry, and LBJ, who can all do the same. I didn't vote for their candidate either.
In fact I rather enjoyed not being chained to either of the major candidates this last time, because no matter who won, I didn't vote for it.

I voted for an Original intent Constitutionalist, who would have tried to solve many of the problems you will be whining about in the next four years, and likely well beyond.

Despite that, I have furled my banners, and have extended the hand of fairness, in that I will judge Mr. Trump's performance on his promises HE made, not by my own standards, because the latter bar is a bit high. If Trump keeps his promises, I'll give credit where credit is due, even though I think a couple of those will be an unmitigated disaster.

If he breaks his promises, I'll point that out, and IF you have two honest brain cells linked together that haven't burned away in a cloud of hatred for people whose vote would not have made one damned bit of difference in the electoral college outcome anyway, you'll call him out when he fails to perform, too.

If you want to spend the next four years, or the rest of your life being angry at those of us who stuck to our principles, well, you have yourself to thank and we're going to be banging around inside your head, plugging drains and overflowing bathtubs, and playing the music loud, rent-free.
The only person your hatred eats is you.
Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:56:03 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Trump only attacked those that attacked him first. It all started with McCain calling Trumps supporter Crazies. If you attack Trump you can expect Trump to hit back. I can do not recall any lies.
Like Heidi Cruz?

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

If you remove all the vowels from Reince Priebus' name, you're left with RNC PR BS  :silly:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As are you, and as are we.You just still don't get it, do you? What do you have against Castle? Maybe I should hate your guts, too. Wow... You see people who want the Constitution of the United States of America upheld, followed, and strictly adhered to as worse than "Commie Rats"? Fascinating.
 ROTFLMAO! You think he needs you now? He has been elected. He doesn't need you for anything, unless you want to buy another Chinese-made hat that says "Make America Great Again", or maybe a Mexican suit. He even picked the master of 'forgetting about all that crap you told the rubes because the election is OVER' for his chief of staff. Who do you think really helped compromise the TEA party surge in Congress? Or maybe you just don't agree with smaller government and fiscal responsibility, either. 24/7? Well, it is just that there was so much of this and so much of that, and I type slowly, so it took a lot of time, but I ate right, got enough sleep, so what? I got most of those, I didn't vote Trump, I had serious doubts about Trump (lots of them), but 2 out of 3 doesn't count? Damn! Missed it by that much! Oh, were we meanines? Should I post the wah wah girl? Call a waahmbulance for all the widdle huwt feewings the F***ING WINNERS OF THE ELECTION HAVE?  You people are certifiable!  I have, on occasion perhaps been mistaken, but you just crossed a line.

You called me a liar.

Produce a link to a post where I lied about Trump. 
DO IT, OR YOU ARE THE LIAR.
It's that simple, you made the allegation, now back your stinky fingers up with an example.

Anyone can go to Hell, That's why The Almighty sent Jesus (Yeshua) to be the sacrifice for our sins, and for us to embrace in His forgiveness. "Hate" isn't conducive to salvation, friend, fyi. I really don't care what you read. When the sun comes up in the morning Trump will be (preemptively) president elect.  When the Electoral College meets, they'll finalize that. If you want to carry forth with hate (because that's what it is, and what you have accused those of us who would not vote for Trump of) I pity you.

But still, I want to thank you. Every time I felt my resolve begin to weaken, you and others of your ilk greeted my concerns with a spew of vindictive vitriol and general spew that convinced me to stick to my principles. Thank you for strengthening my position.

If you wish to spend your future howling about how we didn't vote for your candidate, well, join Hillary's minions, Obama's worshipers, even Jimmy Carters' supporters, and those who voted for McGovern, Dukakis, Kerry, and LBJ, who can all do the same. I didn't vote for their candidate either.
In fact I rather enjoyed not being chained to either of the major candidates this last time, because no matter who won, I didn't vote for it.

I voted for an Original intent Constitutionalist, who would have tried to solve many of the problems you will be whining about in the next four years, and likely well beyond.

Despite that, I have furled my banners, and have extended the hand of fairness, in that I will judge Mr. Trump's performance on his promises HE made, not by my own standards, because the latter bar is a bit high. If Trump keeps his promises, I'll give credit where credit is due, even though I think a couple of those will be an unmitigated disaster.

If he breaks his promises, I'll point that out, and IF you have two honest brain cells linked together that haven't burned away in a cloud of hatred for people whose vote would not have made one damned bit of difference in the electoral college outcome anyway, you'll call him out when he fails to perform, too.

If you want to spend the next four years, or the rest of your life being angry at those of us who stuck to our principles, well, you have yourself to thank and we're going to be banging around inside your head, plugging drains and overflowing bathtubs, and playing the music loud, rent-free.
The only person your hatred eats is you.
Have a nice day.

@Smokin Joe that was a takedown for the ages. Well done.

@jpsb let me introduce you to your new home...

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

Interesting thought.

Let's discuss tiny minorities, shall we?

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by a tiny majority, but lost the election.

How is that possible you may ask. THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE! is the answer of course, but how did Trump actually WIN the electoral college?

Well, because he won Michigan by 13,107 votes, Wisconsin by 27,257 votes, and Pennsylvania by 71,794 votes.

That's 112,158 votes out of a total 125,438,193 votes cast in this election.

That's 0.09% of all votes cast in the nation, but cast in three crucial States.

Gary Johnson got over 4 million votes and Jill Stein 1.2 million. Both, by comparison, huge numbers next to Trump's EC victory margin.

Trump won by a tiny minority just as Clinton lost by the same.

Every vote was crucial in an election where the numbers came down to tiny majorities.
No, Luis, not every vote. It depended on where those ballots were cast.

In North Dakota, Trump had roughly twice as many votes as Hillary.

The interesting part is that over 10% of the ballots cast for president here were for neither Hillary nor Trump.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

Like Heidi Cruz?

Trump does nothing but lie.

If he says he's never heard of someone like David Duke, you can bet you can find an interview where he has spoken of Duke in the past. Lets not forget his meeting with Putin in the green room of the Larry King show when they just happened to be on different continents at the time.

Trump isn't even a good liar. He's just got some crushingly stupid people willing to buy his BS no matter how blatantly false.

Online Smokin Joe

There is no way the son of a Cuban born in Canada is a Natural Born Citizen of the USA.

Sorry but Cruz is not a Natural Born Citizen under original intent. Because of that Cruz would never have won the election. In fact up until the 1930's Cruz would not even be considered a citizen of the USA. It was in the 30's that Congress passed a law allowing mothers to pass citizenship on to their children.

If a law passed by Congress makes you a citizen you are not a Natural Born Citizen you are a naturalized citizen. Our Constitution if gives Congress authority to naturalize citizens. NBC just are citizens, no law makes them a citizen.

Believe me the NBC issue was going to come up. Trump did not bring it up he was asked a question and he gave an honest answer.
Wow, way to dodge the question about Trump never attacking anyone who didn't attack him first: When did Heidi Cruz, or Ted's Father attack Trump? Trump went after them with both feet and a firebrand, and they never attacked him.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

If you remove all the vowels from Reince Priebus' name, you're left with RNC PR BS  :silly:
The vowels spell Ee Aye Ee Aye eww!

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

@Smokin Joe that was a takedown for the ages. Well done.

@jpsb let me introduce you to your new home...

It was a beautiful thing to behold, and EVERY WORD of it was the TRUTH.   Kudos, Joe!

Trump zealots have completely lost sight of what is true and what is right, or never had those ideals in their hearts in the first place.

I feel badly that they are seething with rage and will self destruct if they can't find it in their hearts to forgive.......... themselves.  Because THAT is who they are angry with.

@txradioguy @Smokin Joe
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bilo

A Trump Presidency will be better for the 2nd Amendment than a Hillary Presidency would and on energy issues, Trump will be better. And maybe illegal immigration.

I agree.

I'm willing to be supportive until I'm given reason not to be. It would be great to see the people who have been devastated by liberal "green" policies see renewed opportunities with a real energy policy.