Author Topic: The next great battle for conservatives: Keeping RINO insiders out of the administration  (Read 9681 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wasn't it a voter rebellion that killed the Gang of Eight bill?

It is frequently possible to find an exception to any general statement.  I was of course referring to the overall trend.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It is frequently possible to find an exception to any general statement.  I was of course referring to the overall trend.

I agree with that -- there's no way voters are going to be able to steer Congress or the President completely on every issue.  But the question posed was "how do we hold his feet to the fire", so I was offering a method that has sometimes worked in the past.

Offline jpsb

You supported Trump. You voted for Trump. Your candidate won.

However, we ALL pay to run that shack at 1600 PA Ave, we are ALL American citizens, whether we liked the guy who won the election or not. We ALL have a voice

@Smokin Joe

You are entitled to your opinion, however no one is obligated to listen to it.  You as a NeverTrumper worked hard to see Trump not elected and can go pound sand. People like me see NeverTrumpers as worst then commie Rats.

The good news is that NeverTrumpers are tiny minority and Trump does not need them. NeverTrumpers are not those that didn't vote Trump, not those that had serious doubts about Trump. NeverTrumpers are those that viciously attacked Trump very step of the way 24/7. I'm not talking about those that were critical of this or that. I am talking about people like you that use lies, slander and attacked Trump his family and everything Trump as done for the last 40 years. NeverTrumpers can go to H#LL.

Just wanted to correct you opening remarks, maybe I'll read the rest of what you wrote, then again maybe not.

Oceander

@Smokin Joe

You are entitled to your opinion, however no one is obligated to listen to it.  You as a NeverTrumper worked hard to see Trump not elected and can go pound sand. People like me see NeverTrumpers as worst then commie Rats.

The good news is that NeverTrumpers are tiny minority and Trump does not need them. NeverTrumpers are not those that didn't vote Trump, not those that had serious doubts about Trump. NeverTrumpers are those that viciously attacked Trump very step of the way 24/7. I'm not talking about those that were critical of this or that. I am talking about people like you that use lies, slander and attacked Trump his family and everything Trump as done for the last 40 years. NeverTrumpers can go to H#LL.

Just wanted to correct you opening remarks, maybe I'll read the rest of what you wrote, then again maybe not.

Sieg Heil, Herr Orangefarbenes Hemd

Offline jpsb

Wasn't it a voter rebellion that killed the Gang of Eight bill?

We just had the biggest voters rebellion sine 1860, NeverTrumpers missed it. We begged them to get on board and they stuck their finger in our eyes. Now they want a say in a Trump admin? No freaking way.

Offline jpsb

Sieg Heil, Herr Orangefarbenes Hemd

Shouldn't you be with your friends out protesting?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Piss off, you you arrogant bleep. WE ARE THE REAL CONSERVATIVES. We're going to be a thorn in your sides until Hell freezes over. You jackasses elect a marginal Republican and think you own the Party people contributed to for lifetimes? WRONG. Why don't you rename your faction the Trump Party? It was only the fear of Hillary that got your boy elected, and that barely got the job done.
You think you're going to PUNISH us? bleep you.

I heartily second the motion!  And BTW I don't need ANY Trumpster's forgiveness! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

@Smokin Joe

My, what a broad brush you paint with.  You may believe that the columns you march with are adequate, but you are woefully misguided.  Many Trump voters, millions I suspect, did not have Trump as their first-choice candidate.  And, millions voted less for Trump than against the other candidate.  Many here in this forum did so for those very reasons and many who voted for Mr. Trump did so with trepidation.  Discard them at your peril if you hope for Mr. Trump to govern effectively. 

Now, comes the difficult part.  Governing.  Your pots-and-pans noise and indignation will do nothing.  It will do less than nothing.  You are damning your cause.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We just had the biggest voters rebellion sine 1860, NeverTrumpers missed it. We begged them to get on board and they stuck their finger in our eyes. Now they want a say in a Trump admin? No freaking way.

Nonsense.  DT got fewer votes than Romney or McCain.  And, that's counting many of us who went and voted for Trump in order to vote against Clinton. 

And, it doesn't even begin to compare to some historical elections like that of Abe Lincoln. 

Back off on the worship and hyperbole and we might be able to have a conversation.

Offline libertybele

Piss off, you you arrogant bleep. WE ARE THE REAL CONSERVATIVES. We're going to be a thorn in your sides until Hell freezes over. You jackasses elect a marginal Republican and think you own the Party people contributed to for lifetimes? WRONG. Why don't you rename your faction the Trump Party? It was only the fear of Hillary that got your boy elected, and that barely got the job done.
You think you're going to PUNISH us? bleep you.

Count me in.  I second the motion as well.  I don't consider Trump a Republican by any definition.  If I were you, I would take the "notion" of Trump's impeachment should he go off on one of his tangents (as he's been known to do) as a very significant possibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Nonsense.  DT got fewer votes than Romney or McCain.  And, that's counting many of us who went and voted for Trump in order to vote against Clinton. 

And, it doesn't even begin to compare to some historical elections like that of Abe Lincoln. 

Back off on the worship and hyperbole and we might be able to have a conversation.

Nonsense indeed.  Just absolute tripe.  Inanity at its finest.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

I agree with that -- there's no way voters are going to be able to steer Congress or the President completely on every issue.  But the question posed was "how do we hold his feet to the fire", so I was offering a method that has sometimes worked in the past.

@Maj. Bill Martin  - It seems to me, though it's without data backing it up, that e-mails and phone calls have gotten less effective as the years have worn on.  It seems that most in Congress just go their own way regardless of the opposition coming from their constituents.

I think it may work on huge bills dealing with Immigration, but it doesn't seem to have any effect outside of that.

Again, that's a personal observation and not verified, but I'm not sure the old ways of "holding their feet to the fire" still work.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

If you think that's the biggest rebellion since 1860 you don't know jack about American history in general and American political history specifically.

And just because you want to pull a tactic of the Liberals and try and exclude people from voicing their iopinion on who should and shouldn't lead us...doesn't make it right...doesn't mean it should happen.

Go peddle your Fascist dreams somewhere else.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Smokin Joe

You completely overlook that Trump and his followers attacked every other candidate, and nearly every other Republican that didn't support him, with threats, smears, lies, and intimidation during the entire primary.

But it was the primary, so it was ok. Gotta do what you gotta do to win and all that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
People like me see NeverTrumpers as worst then commie Rats.

And we see people like you as more despotic wannabe tyrants and thugs than the current crop of Leftist malcontents.  We do not reference you people with Mussolini or the Nazis for no reason, you give us plenty.

The good news is that NeverTrumpers are tiny minority and Trump does not need them.

You are lying to yourself and everyone on the board.  If we were such a 'tiny minority' you would just ignore us as inconsequential - but your vitriol, threats and continuous castigation reveals exactly the opposite.  You wouldn't be so pissed off if we were as tiny as you pretend.

NeverTrumpers can go to H#LL.

I'm sure you and yours dream of the opportunity to try and send all of us undesirables there Führerbegleitkommando.

Shouldn't you be with your friends out protesting?

We're Constitutional Conservatives, not paid protesters for CPUSA or some Soros-backed movement.  You chose him to be your king - he is all yours.

But you can be damn sure we're going to call your dear leader and his regime out every single time he oversteps his authority and every single time he slights Conservatism. 

He will get praise and support ONLY - when he serves the Constitution and Conservative principles, and not before then.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jpsb

You completely overlook that Trump and his followers attacked every other candidate, and nearly every other Republican that didn't support him, with threats, smears, lies, and intimidation during the entire primary.

But it was the primary, so it was ok. Gotta do what you gotta do to win and all that.

Trump only attacked those that attacked him first. It all started with McCain calling Trumps supporter Crazies. If you attack Trump you can expect Trump to hit back. I can do not recall any lies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
RINO = a moron idiot word used by moronic idiots.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
@Smokin Joe
The good news is that NeverTrumpers are tiny minority and Trump does not need them.

Interesting thought.

Let's discuss tiny minorities, shall we?

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by a tiny majority, but lost the election.

How is that possible you may ask. THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE! is the answer of course, but how did Trump actually WIN the electoral college?

Well, because he won Michigan by 13,107 votes, Wisconsin by 27,257 votes, and Pennsylvania by 71,794 votes.

That's 112,158 votes out of a total 125,438,193 votes cast in this election.

That's 0.09% of all votes cast in the nation, but cast in three crucial States.

Gary Johnson got over 4 million votes and Jill Stein 1.2 million. Both, by comparison, huge numbers next to Trump's EC victory margin.

Trump won by a tiny minority just as Clinton lost by the same.

Every vote was crucial in an election where the numbers came down to tiny majorities.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Trump only attacked those that attacked him first. It all started with McCain calling Trumps supporter Crazies. If you attack Trump you can expect Trump to hit back. I can do not recall any lies.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but weren't you banned from FR for daring ask a critical question of Trump even though you support him?

It's more than just a bit hypocritical of you to take the very same stance against us that led to your banishment from ToS.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Uh no. When Cruz was closing in on the lead in January, Trump is on record that he now had to attack him.

And attack him he did. I also didn't recall Scalia saying anything bad about Trump when Trump attacked him either.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

Correct me if I'm wrong...but weren't you banned from FR for daring ask a critical question of Trump even though you support him?

It's more than just a bit hypocritical of you to take the very same stance against us that led to your banishment from ToS.

That is correct, but I am missing your point? Please explain for me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That is correct, but I am missing your point? Please explain for me.

Ok...I'll type slow so you understand.

You are bashing people here for daring to ask critical questions of Trump.

You lie and call us Hillary supporters and claim we are worse than Communists.

All we have done here is exactly what you did at ToS. 

Yet you want us to receive the same treatment that you got yourself?

Do you NOT see the irony in your belligerence?

Or do you just not care that you are being a flaming hypocrite?

Offline libertybele

Wow talk about a major spin on things.  Let's reflect back at the very beginning of primary season shall we?  Cruz and Trump held a rally together against the Iran deal and they seemed to share an equal admiration towards each other and seemed to hold a lot of the same principles on key issues...that was until Cruz started to surge in the polls.  Trump went ballistic on him with the birther issue, when Cruz won Iowa Trump became relentless and began smearing him personally and politically without ANY provocation from Cruz.  Trump never stopped and went on to verbally assault Cruz's wife and father.  Are you trying to tell me that Cruz's wife and father attacked Trump first?

The statement that you made that Trump only attacks those that attack him first is an absolute downright LIE!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:45:44 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

Uh no. When Cruz was closing in on the lead in January, Trump is on record that he now had to attack him.

And attack him he did. I also didn't recall Scalia saying anything bad about Trump when Trump attacked him either.

I don't recall Trump attacking Justice Scalia, I do recall Cruz attacking Trump and blaming Trump for violence at his rallies, which we now know was instated by the DNC (Hillary).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmxBp4IFe_I

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Trump is a conservative I'm the queen of England!  And the last time I looked I was NOT a queen!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien