Author Topic: The next great battle for conservatives: Keeping RINO insiders out of the administration  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Just_Victor

I remain nevertrump and don't intend to ask for permission "rejoin the fold".

Actually "Rejoin the fold" is a perfect phrase in this case due to its origins in returning sheep to the fold after shearing.  ****sheep****

I'm not and have never been #nevertrump.  I voted for Trump.  But I have to confess that I find the behavior and company of the #nevertrumpers to be far preferable to that of Trump supporters.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Not as sad as listening to Never Trumpers arrogantly assume they are now welcome back in the political fold no questions asked.

Sorry, as real Conservatives know, actions have consequences. Trust, once lost, has to be earned back. #Never Trumpers don't get to jump in the week after the election trying to dictate policy priorites and appointments.

Uh...wtf???

In case you lost track, we live in a constitutional republic.  Whether you voted for the President-elect or not (and I'm not just referring to Trump here), everyone has the right to petition for the redress of grievances, complain about the President, attempt to pressure him and/or Congress etc..

I voted for Trump, but your post illustrates perfectly the attitude that gave so many nevertrumpers heartburn at the thought of voting for the man.

And I may be going out on a limb here, but I'll just bet you weren't issued some kind of card saying that you actually voted for Trump, just as nobody else was branded with a mark saying they didn't.  So in terms of trying to influence the course of the President-elect, we're all pretty much on equal footing at this point.

Hope that thought gives you heartburn.

Offline LMAO

I am optimistic, not because Donald Trump will be the next President but because a Republican Congress will have the opportunity to translate its priorities into legislation that a Republican President can sign.   I am a huge fan of Paul Ryan and his "Better Plan" for the nation,  but had thought Ryan's influence would be waning.  Instead,  he's got an ally (Priebus) within the White House and it's likely he retains his Speakership.   Perhaps even better,  the rule changes that Harry Reid pushed through in the Senate to frustrate the minority's filibuster right can now be used to allow a united GOP Senate majority to pass legislation.

Tax simplification,  a growth agenda,  school choice,  regulatory reform, even entitlement reform  - all are now within the means of a GOP Congress.   That's where I'm focusing my attention and my optimism.     

Yup

I am thankful that the GOP still controls Congress. 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jpsb

What are you talking about?  The article is by Daniel Horowitz.  Levin isn't even on the list of contributors to the website.
Added:  Took a few minutes of digging, but I see that Levin is Editor-in-Chief for CR.  It's buried in the site's FAQ.

QED for my above post.  Levin is on Trump's side, and supported him with the only caveat being the Trump govern conservatively.

Insufficiently pro Trump..... Like I said, sad.

Levin then stated, “Roger Stone is a thug. He’s a sleazeball. … And he’s a hatchet man for Donald Trump. So he puts out this obscure article from this obscure website, that used that to claim that I’m bought and paid for by the establishment. … And in the article, they trash other people too, Beck, Erickson, I think there’s another fellow in there trashed, with these nutjob conspiracy theories, and just flat-out lies.”

Levin continued, “Now, there are sleazeballs, like him, sleazeballs like Coulter, and sleazeballs like some talk show hosts, and I’m biting my tongue, who are so contemptible and pathetic, they want to use the most outrageous attacks on one of their colleagues to try and promote themselves. It’s truly pathetic.”

He then added, “Now, I’ve backed Cruz, and I’m going to continue to back Cruz, but here’s what I’m going to do. As a result of what the Trump supporters have attempted here, particularly Roger Stone, I am not voting for Donald Trump. Period. … And if anybody has a problem with that, Donald Trump, you can talk to Roger Stone. These bully, dirty tricks, Nixonian tactics, they’re only going to backfire. They’re only going to backfire. So, count me as never Trump. There’s been too much of this folks, way too much of this. The crap in the National Enquirer against Ted Cruz, the attacks on Michelle Fields, I mean, I can go right through the list, too much, too much, too much. At some point, you’ve got to stand up to it.”

Levin concluded, “And if they piss me off one more time, I’m going to urge millions and millions of you, should he get the nomination, not to vote for him either.” And “‘Ooh, Roger Stone has nothing to do with the campaign.’ Oh yes he does.”

Yes very much "Insufficiently pro Trump".

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Nevermind -- @Just_Victor already made the point about @GAJohnnie calling for being a gracious winner in one thread, and then demanding atonement in another.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:25:16 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Not as sad as listening to Never Trumpers arrogantly assume they are now welcome back in the political fold no questions asked.

Sorry, as real Conservatives know, actions have consequences. Trust, once lost, has to be earned back. #Never Trumpers don't get to jump in the week after the election trying to dictate policy priorites and appointments.

This tells me that you don't believe Trump should be held accountable. I, and others, do plan very much to hold him accountable.   It also tells me that you don't know how elections really work. If he wants my vote in four years he's going to have to earn it.  And when it comes to spending and growing the debt and deficit, you bet he's going to hear it for us.  So despite your whining , we conservatives do plan to be a thorn in his side when it comes to many of these issues

So you do have it backwards. Trump has to earn our trust not the other way around. We do not live in a dictatorship

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:45:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

You might want to reread your own words.

Incredible, isn't it?

Offline jpsb

Nevermind -- @Just_Victor already made the point about @GAJohnnie calling for being a gracious winner in one thread, and then demanding atonement in another.

@GAJohnnie @Maj. Bill Martin

I don't have a problem with what Johnie is saying. The Rats and the NeverTrumper did all they could to prevent a Trump win. There is no reason to allow them to influence policy in a Trump administration. There is no reason to appoint a Rat or a NeverTrumper to a position of power in a Trump administration. They would likely work against Trump.

They can write all the editorials they want, however they have no right to an expectation that their concerns should be given priority over the concerns of the people that actually elected Trump. The professionally always offended would be wise to get off their soapbox and be quiet for a few months.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@GAJohnnie @Maj. Bill Martin

I don't have a problem with what Johnie is saying. The Rats and the NeverTrumper did all they could to prevent a Trump win.

Then go argue with him in the thread where he said that it was time to be gracious.  Even Trump himself has figured that out.

There is no reason to appoint a Rat or a NeverTrumper to a position of power in a Trump administration. They would likely work against Trump.

The people here, at TBR, are not angling for appointments to positions in the Trump Administration, yet he is mouthing off at all of them as if they committed murder.  He's rude, condescending, and actually hurting efforts that others are making to try to support the President-elect.  His tone is much more TOS than TBR.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:11:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Just_Victor

Levin then stated, “Roger Stone is a thug. He’s a sleazeball. … And he’s a hatchet man for Donald Trump. So he puts out this obscure article from this obscure website, that used that to claim that I’m bought and paid for by the establishment. … And in the article, they trash other people too, Beck, Erickson, I think there’s another fellow in there trashed, with these nutjob conspiracy theories, and just flat-out lies.”

Levin continued, “Now, there are sleazeballs, like him, sleazeballs like Coulter, and sleazeballs like some talk show hosts, and I’m biting my tongue, who are so contemptible and pathetic, they want to use the most outrageous attacks on one of their colleagues to try and promote themselves. It’s truly pathetic.”

He then added, “Now, I’ve backed Cruz, and I’m going to continue to back Cruz, but here’s what I’m going to do. As a result of what the Trump supporters have attempted here, particularly Roger Stone, I am not voting for Donald Trump. Period. … And if anybody has a problem with that, Donald Trump, you can talk to Roger Stone. These bully, dirty tricks, Nixonian tactics, they’re only going to backfire. They’re only going to backfire. So, count me as never Trump. There’s been too much of this folks, way too much of this. The crap in the National Enquirer against Ted Cruz, the attacks on Michelle Fields, I mean, I can go right through the list, too much, too much, too much. At some point, you’ve got to stand up to it.”

Levin concluded, “And if they piss me off one more time, I’m going to urge millions and millions of you, should he get the nomination, not to vote for him either.” And “‘Ooh, Roger Stone has nothing to do with the campaign.’ Oh yes he does.”

Yes very much "Insufficiently pro Trump".

In the interest of intellectual honesty, that was all said before he decided to support Trump in light of Hillary being worse.

People who come around to eventually agreeing with you still deserve your ire?  Unless you like the division, one would think praising them for seeing the light would serve you better going forward.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

In the interest of intellectual honesty, that was all said before he decided to support Trump in light of Hillary being worse.

People who come around to eventually agreeing with you still deserve your ire?  Unless you like the division, one would think praising them for seeing the light would serve you better going forward.

Details, details....

Offline jpsb

Details, details....

When you say something like this, forgiveness is dificult

Talk radio host Mark Levin, who has endorsed Republican presidential candidate Texas Senator Ted Cruz, blasted the Fox News Channel as “not a news channel” and a “Donald Trump super PAC” that will be “rubbing their own faces in their own feces” after the GOP gets “our a**es kicked in the general election” on Tuesday.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Talk radio host Mark Levin, who has endorsed Republican presidential candidate Texas Senator Ted Cruz, blasted the Fox News Channel as “not a news channel” and a “Donald Trump super PAC” that will be “rubbing their own faces in their own feces” after the GOP gets “our a**es kicked in the general election” on Tuesday.

It is nevertheless dishonest to present a quote from him saying that he won't vote for Trump, while omitting a subsequent statement in which he said he would.

Also, I'm really at a loss at what bitter (bitter winners -- who knew?) Trump supporters expect to accomplish by "settling scores".  Trump won -- the more support he can get for his initiatives, the better.  Deliberately alienating people through sheer vindictiveness/nastiness helps nothing.  It's almost as if this election was more about emotional validation for some than actually trying to affect positively the country's future.

Offline jpsb

It is nevertheless dishonest to present a quote from him saying that he won't vote for Trump, while omitting a subsequent statement in which he said he would.

No one is trying to settle scores, it is all about credibility, Levin has none.

Also one never knows what Levin is going to say about Trump.

https://thebuckleyclub.com/timeline-of-mark-levins-statements-about-donald-trump-since-2011-3c63c50cab69#.749jc8mgn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Piss off, you you arrogant bleep. WE ARE THE REAL CONSERVATIVES. We're going to be a thorn in your sides until Hell freezes over. You jackasses elect a marginal Republican and think you own the Party people contributed to for lifetimes? WRONG. Why don't you rename your faction the Trump Party? It was only the fear of Hillary that got your boy elected, and that barely got the job done.
You think you're going to PUNISH us? bleep you.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:35:40 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You don't want reconciiliation...you don't want to offer forgiveness.

It's plain from your posts all you're interested in...and it's not just you....is revenge.  Making people pay for daring to disagree with you.

And that is a very very ugly attitude and position to take.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

Yeah, making Reince Priebus Chief of Staff shows a real commitment to that.  Not.

/snicker

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Uh...wtf???

In case you lost track, we live in a constitutional republic.  Whether you voted for the President-elect or not (and I'm not just referring to Trump here), everyone has the right to petition for the redress of grievances, complain about the President, attempt to pressure him and/or Congress etc..

Needed repeating for the Trump Militants who have decided that obeisance to their dear leader is of primary importance rather than free political speech - of whom they now assert only they have the rights to.

You rabid militants for Trump continue to justify all the concerns we had about trading one dictatorship for another.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You don't want reconciiliation...you don't want to offer forgiveness.

It's plain from your posts all you're interested in...and it's not just you....is revenge.  Making people pay for daring to disagree with you.

We warned everyone that is the ONLY THING that the Trump militants are most motivated by - and it would never be enough for them to have gotten him his *win*.

Vengeance and payback was repeatedly promised.

Now they want to deliver.

Which makes them all as much an enemy to liberty as the Leftists they supposedly hate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Not all Trump supporters are vengeful nitwits eager to extract a pound of flesh from everyone who didn't support him.  And not all #nevertrumpers are nasty feminine hygiene products unwilling to try to make the best of the situation.

In other words, just because one person says something that ticks you off is no reason to make it open season on all Trump supporters, or on all #neverTrumpers, respectively.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Also, I'm really at a loss at what bitter (bitter winners -- who knew?) Trump supporters expect to accomplish by "settling scores".  Trump won -- the more support he can get for his initiatives, the better.  Deliberately alienating people through sheer vindictiveness/nastiness helps nothing.  It's almost as if this election was more about emotional validation for some than actually trying to affect positively the country's future.

Sounds more like the stance a Trumpocrat (former Democrat) would take, to me.  JS....
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline Rivergirl

These sore winners surpass the sore losers.
But then trash is trash is trash and there is no making a class act out of DT or his sons, daughter, or wife.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Here's a much-needed (apparently) clue for you.   Those of us that refused to vote for and/or support Trump never left the political fold (your words, not mine).  We're here and we're going to stay here.

So deal with it.  Or don't.  I, personally, don't give a damn.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

geronl

#Never Trump

You did everything you could to elect Hillary Clinton.

F-U you lying scumbag

Offline libertybele

Priebus is getting paid back for all of the maneuvering done at the convention for Trump's benefit.

Bingo.  My thoughts exactly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.