Author Topic: The next great battle for conservatives: Keeping RINO insiders out of the administration  (Read 9679 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

F-U you lying scumbag

Now, now, now...don't allow yourself to be sucked into the "Trump Zone".   :silly:   :beer:   

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Not all Trump supporters are vengeful nitwits eager to extract a pound of flesh from everyone who didn't support him.  And not all #nevertrumpers are nasty feminine hygiene products unwilling to try to make the best of the situation.

In other words, just because one person says something that ticks you off is no reason to make it open season on all Trump supporters, or on all #neverTrumpers, respectively.

Most of the Trump militants I am reading online are of the zeal for vengeance.

Unless of course it's just a few with multiple accounts and monikers across several boards and social groups.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online libertybele

#Never Trump

You did everything you could to elect Hillary Clinton. Don't think NOW you going to ride in and start dictating to Trump how to govern.

I am having a hard time deciding who is more arrogantly out of touch. The #Never Trumpers who still will not admit they got politically destroyed or the "News Media" who still are pushing the same failed agenda journalism.

I am having a hard time trying to understand your disdain for conservatives. Trump won and Trumpsters are still taking a righteous accusatory stand.   EVERYONE has a right to support or not support a candidate.  To ridicule those that didn't support or vote Trump is despicable and to accuse #NeverTrump of trying to get Clinton elected is not only absurd but absolutely false.  Speaking for myself my objective was to stop Clinton and to elect conservatives down ballot.

Trump has not been sworn in yet, the riots in the streets and the threat of swaying the 'electors' to vote Hillary is a threat that shouldn't be taken lightly.  Instead of sitting here spewing your ugliness at #NeverTrump, perhaps you should get off your butt and start ensuring that Trump is actually sworn in.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I am having a hard time trying to understand your disdain for conservatives. Trump won and Trumpsters are still taking a righteous accusatory stand.   EVERYONE has a right to support or not support a candidate.  To ridicule those that didn't support or vote Trump is despicable and to accuse #NeverTrump of trying to get Clinton elected is not only absurd but absolutely false.  Speaking for myself my objective was to stop Clinton and to elect conservatives down ballot.

Trump has not been sworn in yet, the riots in the streets and the threat of swaying the 'electors' to vote Hillary is a threat that shouldn't be taken lightly.  Instead of sitting here spewing your ugliness at #NeverTrump, perhaps you should get off your butt and start ensuring that Trump is actually sworn in.
We'll save swearing at him until he's sworn in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Well said. Needs to be repeated often.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

I am optimistic, not because Donald Trump will be the next President but because a Republican Congress will have the opportunity to translate its priorities into legislation that a Republican President can sign.   I am a huge fan of Paul Ryan and his "Better Plan" for the nation,  but had thought Ryan's influence would be waning.  Instead,  he's got an ally (Priebus) within the White House and it's likely he retains his Speakership.   Perhaps even better,  the rule changes that Harry Reid pushed through in the Senate to frustrate the minority's filibuster right can now be used to allow a united GOP Senate majority to pass legislation.

Tax simplification,  a growth agenda,  school choice,  regulatory reform, even entitlement reform  - all are now within the means of a GOP Congress.   That's where I'm focusing my attention and my optimism.     

:amen:  The "RINO" label is applied way too broadly. By those who overuse the term here on TBR, I'm not sure what a person has to do not to have that label applied. If a Republican continues to vote with the Democrats breaking away from the majority of Rs in congress - then yes give the jerk the title. But few actually can be so named based on the way they vote in the House.
We have about as close to a mandate as we have ever had. Why continue to keep a circular firing squad alive and cause damage to that mandate by dividing the party with this stupid moronic label?     It's nuts.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline rodamala

Offline rodamala

Most of the Trump militants I am reading online are of the zeal for vengeance.

Unless of course it's just a few with multiple accounts and monikers across several boards and social groups.

@INVAR
Perhaps we need to change the language to control the conversation?

I think that from now on instead of calling them "Trump Militants" we can just call them #EverTrumpers.

Offline musiclady

Do the messengers inside Trump Tower not realize where this reference comes from?

What has happened to Ken Blackwell??  Where did his values go??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@INVAR
Perhaps we need to change the language to control the conversation?

I think that from now on instead of calling them "Trump Militants" we can just call them #EverTrumpers.

No, changing the language gives them control. 'Trump militant' is exactly descriptive of the actions in question.

Offline musiclady

#Never Trump

You did everything you could to elect Hillary Clinton. Don't think NOW you going to ride in and start dictating to Trump how to govern.

I am having a hard time deciding who is more arrogantly out of touch. The #Never Trumpers who still will not admit they got politically destroyed or the "News Media" who still are pushing the same failed agenda journalism.

I didn't do a single thing to elect Hillary Clinton and neither did the rest of us who saw Trump for what he is......a LIBERAL.

You really need to get rid of your hatred and anger, Johnnie.  You're going to stroke out if you don't get a grip.

(The incessant lies you're telling don't help either).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Sad, insufficiently humble, willing to admit error and make atonement. Levin waiting until the very last minute to support Trump. Rather then arrogantly presume a right to leadership now that someone else did the hard work of winning, now is the time for some humility and atonement from the Never Trumpers

I'm going to finally have to put you on IGNORE, @GAJohnnie

There is something seriously wrong with your soul, and your mind, as well as a character deficit, and the fact that you are still raging at things that didn't happen, and filled with hatred for people who didn't do what you're accusing them of, makes me worry about you.

It will be best if I just don't see the ugly things you post and try to respond to you.

Be well.  Remember that you "won."  You're supposed to be happy about that.

Actually, I think I'm happier about Trump's victory than you are, because I actually DO hate Hillary.

Ironic, no?

Offline musiclady

Nevermind -- @Just_Victor already made the point about @GAJohnnie calling for being a gracious winner in one thread, and then demanding atonement in another.

@Maj. Bill Martin

The bizarre irony about people like Johnnie, is that people like you who reluctantly voted for Trump, and people like me who hated the fact that we couldn't vote for our "Republican" candidate are THRILLED that Hillary didn't win, and at peace, and that guys like Johnnie are still raging in anger, even though they supposedly "won."

The parallel with Obama sycophants and their continued rage after the elections is remarkable.

Offline musiclady

THANK you, @libertybele

The vast majority of us understand the REAL enemy, and that is the left.

@GAJohnnie hates Conservatives who didn't vote for, or who belatedly came on to vote for Trump.

With the left, black is white and up is down.

I truly believe that's what we're seeing with these angry, don't-let-go-of-the-hate-and-lies  Trump sycophants.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:53:27 pm by musiclady »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@GAJohnnie @Maj. Bill Martin

I don't have a problem with what Johnie is saying. The Rats and the NeverTrumper did all they could to prevent a Trump win. There is no reason to allow them to influence policy in a Trump administration. There is no reason to appoint a Rat or a NeverTrumper to a position of power in a Trump administration. They would likely work against Trump.

They can write all the editorials they want, however they have no right to an expectation that their concerns should be given priority over the concerns of the people that actually elected Trump. The professionally always offended would be wise to get off their soapbox and be quiet for a few months.
You supported Trump. You voted for Trump. Your candidate won.

However, we ALL pay to run that shack at 1600 PA Ave, we are ALL American citizens, whether we liked the guy who won the election or not. We ALL have a voice--there are no second class citizens in the US. SO don't bother to tell me or anyone else to shut up because we didn't support your boy during the election. You are quick to lump us in with Hillary supporters, but that is your particular brand of BS that isn't any less a lie then than it is now. Most of us didn't want her for president either.

So we got the orange crap cookie. Fine. We knew the menu wasn't going to be to our liking.
However most of US have furled our flags (I voted for Castle) and moved on.

Trump made a slew of promises on the campaign trail. I won't measure his presidency by what I wanted, simply because that would not be fair. If he had been the person I thought right for the job he would have had my vote.

Instead, I have taken the well-documented list of promises he made, and will use that as his scorecard. He set his standard, those are the promises he made YOU and me. Now, let's see how he performs. If he walks those back, with a few exceptions that I really don't think would be good policy, I'm going to call him on it. YOU should, too, after all, you gave him your vote--but that doesn't negate my Right to bitch about it any more than not voting for Barrack Obama took away my right to bitch about him, or my not voting for Hillary would have taken away my Right to bitch about her if she had won.

So deal with that. We didn't vote for the guy who won. We didn't support him. But in no wise does that mean we have to check our Rights at the door, or that we are second class citizens, and if anyone in his administration or among his supporters thinks so, we're in for a hell of a row--because that's straight out of the playbook we warned about early on.

What happened to restoring our Constitutional Republic, anyway?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You supported Trump. You voted for Trump. Your candidate won.

However, we ALL pay to run that shack at 1600 PA Ave, we are ALL American citizens, whether we liked the guy who won the election or not. We ALL have a voice--there are no second class citizens in the US. SO don't bother to tell me or anyone else to shut up because we didn't support your boy during the election. You are quick to lump us in with Hillary supporters, but that is your particular brand of BS that isn't any less a lie then than it is now. Most of us didn't want her for president either.

So we got the orange crap cookie. Fine. We knew the menu wasn't going to be to our liking.
However most of US have furled our flags (I voted for Castle) and moved on.

Trump made a slew of promises on the campaign trail. I won't measure his presidency by what I wanted, simply because that would not be fair. If he had been the person I thought right for the job he would have had my vote.

Instead, I have taken the well-documented list of promises he made, and will use that as his scorecard. He set his standard, those are the promises he made YOU and me. Now, let's see how he performs. If he walks those back, with a few exceptions that I really don't think would be good policy, I'm going to call him on it. YOU should, too, after all, you gave him your vote--but that doesn't negate my Right to bitch about it any more than not voting for Barrack Obama took away my right to bitch about him, or my not voting for Hillary would have taken away my Right to bitch about her if she had won.

So deal with that. We didn't vote for the guy who won. We didn't support him. But in no wise does that mean we have to check our Rights at the door, or that we are second class citizens, and if anyone in his administration or among his supporters thinks so, we're in for a hell of a row--because that's straight out of the playbook we warned about early on.

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

Usurped by people more interested in winning 'no matter what' than winning to advance that Constitutional Republic.

One cannot 'win no matter what' and expect constitutional governance. They can expect 'anything goes' by definition. Words mean things.

Offline rodamala

No, changing the language gives them control. 'Trump militant' is exactly descriptive of the actions in question.

I was just being polite... I call them something that the mods edit out.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We were repeatedly assured during the election that, should Trump win, "we" would hold his feet to the fire.  Since now is the time, I still want to know HOW?  Come on, you staunch Trump supporters - tell us how.  What's the plan?

Offline Norm Lenhart

We were repeatedly assured during the election that, should Trump win, "we" would hold his feet to the fire.  Since now is the time, I still want to know HOW?  Come on, you staunch Trump supporters - tell us how.  What's the plan?

Same plan that failed before "Browbeat people into silence and ignoring history."

The only chance the voter has to hold feet to fire is election day. The GOP has proven, as have the Dems, that what they do between elections is their concern, not ours. In the states we can recall, the odds favor the pols that we will not.

So we (some of us...too many of us) keep telling ourselves the pretty lie that feet will be held to fire when it is at best an impotent threat and at worse 'crabs in a boiling pot' syndrome.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The plan is to seig-heil whatever Trump does as good for the country and to shut up about any concerns, problems or reservations you have.

We are to "sit in the back of the bus now" as I have been told on several occasions.

The plan is to make Trump's dictatorship bigger, badder and bolder than Obama's.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

The bizarre irony about people like Johnnie, is that people like you who reluctantly voted for Trump, and people like me who hated the fact that we couldn't vote for our "Republican" candidate are THRILLED that Hillary didn't win, and at peace, and that guys like Johnnie are still raging in anger, even though they supposedly "won."

The parallel with Obama sycophants and their continued rage after the elections is remarkable.

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that some of these people put so much of their personal ego and self-worth into their political views that they want to keep the win personal to their little group, so they get the "credit" and can pat themselves on the back.  They don't want to share the "glory".

Whereas the rest of us take a more utilitarian approach, and simply care about how to make the best of the new, post-election situation.  For us, it's not personal, it's business.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I'm not a "staunch Trump supporter", though I did vote for the guy.

I think the way you hold his feet to the fire is by contacting members of Congress and putting the pressure on them to make sure he stays in line.  And probably wouldn't hurt to call the White House, etc., either.  Can also be done by calling talk shows, etc. and trying to affect the national debate/discussion.

Obviously, each of us as individuals isn't going to have a discernable impact.  But when enough people act, it can/does have an effect, particularly with Congress.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not a "staunch Trump supporter", though I did vote for the guy.

I think the way you hold his feet to the fire is by contacting members of Congress and putting the pressure on them to make sure he stays in line.  And probably wouldn't hurt to call the White House, etc., either.  Can also be done by calling talk shows, etc. and trying to affect the national debate/discussion.

Obviously, each of us as individuals isn't going to have a discernable impact.  But when enough people act, it can/does have an effect, particularly with Congress.

I appreciate the thought, but we can't even hold our congressional rep's feet to the fire!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I appreciate the thought, but we can't even hold our congressional rep's feet to the fire!

Wasn't it a voter rebellion that killed the Gang of Eight bill?