Author Topic: Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition  (Read 8782 times)

Offline mrclose

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition
« on: November 11, 2016, 08:38:58 am »

Donald Trump has selected one of the best-known climate skeptics to lead his U.S. EPA transition team, according to two sources close to the campaign.

Myron Ebell, director of the Center for Energy and Environment at the conservative Competitive Enterprise Institute, is spearheading Trump’s transition plans for EPA, the sources said.

Ebell is a well-known and polarizing figure in the energy and environment realm. His participation in the EPA transition signals that the Trump team is looking to drastically reshape the climate policies the agency has pursued under the Obama administration. Ebell’s role is likely to infuriate environmentalists and Democrats but buoy critics of Obama’s climate rules.
:tongue2:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/?wt.mc=SA_Twitter-Share#
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online DB

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline rodamala

Re: Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 11:54:42 am »
Sorry Bill Nye.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 11:54:44 am »
"skeptic" - aka actual scientist
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:01:23 pm »
As Trump picks his people my anxiety subsides.

My biggest fear is that he fills his cabinet with Alex Jones loonies or his family members (as his son-in-law was floated as a name for something or other last night).

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 12:13:30 pm »
:tongue2:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/?wt.mc=SA_Twitter-Share#

+1

Good start with the first drain plug being yanked out of the swamp.  Dismantling the EPA Gestapho will be a wonderful move.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 12:27:33 pm »
Good  start
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 01:08:25 pm »
We need a Trump score board. The good and the bad.

This good, real good.

How about, The Good. The Bad, and The ugly.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 02:37:47 pm »
Anthropogenic climate change ,or global warming ,or climate crisis, whatever they want to call it at any given moment is definitely an elite cause. Not so much with everybody else because they have to live with the policies that are implemented

Does this mean now no more threats of arrest for anybody who is skeptical of Anthropogenic climate change
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:38:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 02:42:39 pm »

This good, real good.

This alone demonstrates the absurdity of NEVERTRUMP.  Would Hillary have done such a thing?  Trump may not be ideological, but he is a businessman with a keen sense of who his customers are and what they want.  If that is the case, it is good enough for me.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 04:08:10 pm »
This alone demonstrates the absurdity of NEVERTRUMP.  Would Hillary have done such a thing?  Trump may not be ideological, but he is a businessman with a keen sense of who his customers are and what they want.  If that is the case, it is good enough for me.

This looks like a good move on his part and I am happy about it.

That said, based on his actual history, Nevertrump, nor YOU had any reason to believe he would or will continue to make good choices. Lets all hope he does.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 04:20:17 pm »
Anthropogenic climate change ,or global warming ,or climate crisis, whatever they want to call it at any given moment is definitely an elite cause.

It's a perfect issue for those interested in gaining real power.  This is an issue that is portrayed as a truly existential threat -- actually the end of the world as we know it -- and as such can be used as leverage for taking extreme measures.

It's also where the confluence of science, politics, money, and public acclaim converge -- Bill Nye being the poster boy.  Honest discussion has no place in such an environment.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 04:23:15 pm »

I'm unchanged in my assessment of Trump's fitness for office (or lack thereof); his temperament is demonstrably unsuited to the sorts of behavior a president must have.

That said, if he picks good people and actually listens to them; and if his team can keep his public utterances under some semblance of control, it will go a long way toward making me feel more optimistic about the next four years.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 04:26:04 pm »

This good, real good.

Agree.  I was shocked and very pleased.  Trump went head on at the climate crazies and that is one big checkmark for Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 04:38:18 pm »
....If his team can keep his public utterances under some semblance of control, it will go a long way toward making me feel more optimistic about the next four years.

I have been thinking about that, and it seems to me his public utterances have been calculated to give his enemies something to chew on while he goes about the business of "winning" whatever it is that is in his sights.  It is a common management tactic.

If this is the case, then if you pay attention to what he says rather than what he does, you are following the decoy.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:39:31 pm by massadvj »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 04:55:04 pm »
I have been thinking about that, and it seems to me his public utterances have been calculated to give his enemies something to chew on while he goes about the business of "winning" whatever it is that is in his sights.  It is a common management tactic.

If this is the case, then if you pay attention to what he says rather than what he does, you are following the decoy.

This isn't business, though -- it's politics: "the art of the possible."  In politics a great deal hinges on what one says; and any difference between what is said and what is actually done, is fodder for the opposition.

Besides all that, to the extent that Trump's behavior drives the media narrative, his ability to get things done will suffer accordingly. 

My view of him is unchanged: that he's a thin-skinned and undisciplined narcissist.  His behavior during the election established that beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Thus my lack of confidence in him being able to reign in his behavior for the good of the country, and even the world.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »
So far so good. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 04:59:49 pm »

Thats why during the campaign, we Nevertrumpers preached on his record. And why his fanatics preached on 'listen to what he says'.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 05:12:02 pm »
This looks like a good move on his part and I am happy about it.

That said, based on his actual history, Nevertrump, nor YOU had any reason to believe he would or will continue to make good choices. Lets all hope he does.

Actually we did. And we told you why, but the Never Trumpers were too busy screaming bile laced tirades at everyone to listen.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 05:13:25 pm »
Actually we did. And we told you why, but the Never Trumpers were too busy screaming bile laced tirades at everyone to listen.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 05:15:13 pm »

No you didn't. You projected what you hoped for. His record and his support is on the left. History is what it is. If he moves right, America  benefits.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 05:15:45 pm »
Thats why during the campaign, we Nevertrumpers preached on his record. And why his fanatics preached on 'listen to what he says'.

You lost because you were too busy screaming bile laced tirades rather then listening to anything that challenged your dogmas. You did "preach on his record". The Never Trumpers merely screamed in horror that that their precious GOP Country Club was being invaded by that crude lewd dirty unwashed peasant Trump.

It was a live re-enactment of the move Caddy Shack.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 05:17:43 pm »
No you didn't. You projected what you hoped for. His record and his support is on the left. History is what it is. If he moves right, America  benefits.

No,  I actually looked at the guy and his record and evolved instead of clinging to my knee jerk distaste for his bombastic politcal style. I looked past the surface and saw the substance. You all never looked beyond the surface.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 05:17:58 pm »
Let's all stop reliving the past..it's over

Here is something we can all agree on and I pray this is just the beginning of great things to come.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34