Author Topic: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them  (Read 9687 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:59:12 pm »
(CNN) Offering a taste of the intra-party tension that could follow Election Day, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee issued a warning to the Republicans who never came around to back Donald Trump.

"I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to remember them," Huckabee said Tuesday morning during an appearance on Fox News. "And I hope every other Republican remembers them. Don't ever ask me for your vote again because you're done."

While polls show GOP voters overwhelmingly support Trump, many Republican elites have been reluctant to back the real estate mogul.

Some, such as House Speaker Paul Ryan, pledged to vote for Trump, even while disavowing some of the GOP nominee's most controversial comments and positions. Sen. Ted Cruz initially declined to endorse Trump, with whom he engaged in a bitter campaign during the Republican primaries. But Cruz ultimately came home, citing his promise to back the party's nominee.

Huckabee has stood in stark contrast to that group of Republicans, serving as one of Trump's most faithful surrogates since ending his own White House bid in February. His daughter, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, has also served as a senior adviser on the Trump campaign...

Read more at: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/08/politics/mike-huckabee-donald-trump-republicans/index.html
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:43:00 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:01:19 pm »
That's nice. Can I sign my name on his enemies list extra large, like John Hancock?

Offline chae

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 03:03:28 pm »
Go right ahead Huckster, I remember you, an amnesty-pimp whose irresponsible use of pardons in Arkansas resulted in murder sprees in Missouri and Washington.  A man so full of himself that he released a man who raped a teenager on her way home from school, you pardoned him as his victim pleaded with you not to.  You make me sick.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 03:03:39 pm »
Somebody tell the Huckster to be sure and get my name right.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 03:05:34 pm »
CNN)Offering a taste of the intra-party tension that could follow Election Day, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee issued a warning to the Republicans who never came around to back Donald Trump.

"I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to remember them," Huckabee said Tuesday morning during an appearance on Fox News. "And I hope every other Republican remembers them. Don't ever ask me for your vote again because you're done."

While polls show GOP voters overwhelmingly support Trump, many Republican elites have been reluctant to back the real estate mogul.

Some, such as House Speaker Paul Ryan, pledged to vote for Trump, even while disavowing some of the GOP nominee's most controversial comments and positions. Sen. Ted Cruz initially declined to endorse Trump, with whom he engaged in a bitter campaign during the Republican primaries. But Cruz ultimately came home, citing his promise to back the party's nominee.

Huckabee has stood in stark contrast to that group of Republicans, serving as one of Trump's most faithful surrogates since ending his own White House bid in February. His daughter, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, has also served as a senior adviser on the Trump campaign...

Read more at: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/08/politics/mike-huckabee-donald-trump-republicans/index.html

Home  | 
    Andy's Corner  | 
    top 10 bassist jokes

top 10 bassist jokes
September 6, 2012

10. Did you hear about the bassist who was so out of tune his band noticed?

9. How can you tell the stage is level at a gig?
The bassist drools outta both sides of their mouth.

8. what do you call it when two upright bassists playing in unison?
A minor second.

7. Why couldn’t the bassist get through the front door?
He couldn’t find the key and didn’t know when to come in!

6. A Bass Teacher is excited about getting a new, young student.  The kid is comes in for his first lesson and learns all the notes on the E string. Next week he comes in and the instructor shows him all of the notes on the A string. The third week comes, the teacher is waiting, but  the kid never shows up. Annoyed, he calls him to see where he is. The kid picks up and says, "Oh, sorry man, I got a gig..."

5. Why can’t bassists tell jokesTiming.

5. Did you hear about the drummer who locked his keys in his car?
It took him four hours to get the bass player out.

4. How many bassists does it take to change a light bulb?
Just one, but the guitarist has to show him how to do it first.

3. How many country-western bass players does it take to change a light bulb?
1 - 5 - 1 - 5 - 1 - 5

1. A man goes on a vacation to a tropical island.  As soon as the plane lands, he gets off and hears drumming.  At first, he thinks, “This is pretty cool”.  He ends up going to a luau and hears the drumming.  He eats lunch and hears the drums.  He goes to the beach and hears the drums.  He tries to sleep, but can’t because of the constant drumming.

The drumming goes on for four days.  The guy has to go down to the front desk because he can’t sleep.  He asks the manager “What is the deal with these drums! Make them stop.  I haven’t got any sleep this whole week!”

The manager of the hotel says “No. Drums don’t stop.  You don’t want the drums to stop, sir.”

“Why?”

“Because when drums stop… Bass solo begins!”

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »
And I'll never forget Schmuckabee the certain Arkansas governor who started the whole thing of bringing in illegals for cheap labor and put them on welfare to make up the difference.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »
Somebody tell the Huckster to be sure and get my name right.

Its like being intimidated by Gomer Pyle.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 03:08:20 pm »
I sincerely hope he -- and others -- DO remember them.  Remember that you most likely cannot win without them.  Remember that they won't vote for someone who is as unpalatable as Trump, and choose someone they WILL vote for in the future.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 03:10:18 pm »

You guys just cannot learn.

But you will. You will soon know that all of what we have been saying is true.

You will know soon enough. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will keep getting what you get.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 03:11:01 pm »
Since I'm not a Republican anymore, I guess I don't count.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 03:12:16 pm »
Ahhh.  Another one of the Orange-shirted mob speaks out.  #NeverKristallnacht

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 03:13:43 pm »
You guys just cannot learn.

But you will. You will soon know that all of what we have been saying is true.

You will know soon enough. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will keep getting what you get.

Nominate another liberal POS in 2020 and watch us do it again. Happily.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 03:15:08 pm »

Count on it.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 03:16:31 pm »

:thumbsup:

As often as it takes. 

Offline Resp3

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 03:17:56 pm »
Its like being intimidated by Gomer Pyle.

Huckabee seems to want to be the next Newt Gingrich. Except Newt used to be (25 years ago) actually somebody. Huck was never any consequence on the national stage.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 03:20:44 pm »

As often as it takes.

@Cripplecreek
They are either going to come to conservatism or be forever in the wilderness. This will make the second election that liberals were prevented from securing the presidency for the GOP. Yup. As many times as it takes.

No remorse. No regret. And not a Tinker's Dam of guilt about it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:21:32 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 03:21:07 pm »
The Agents of Orange just don't get it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 03:21:17 pm »
I sincerely hope he -- and others -- DO remember them.  Remember that you most likely cannot win without them.  Remember that they won't vote for someone who is as unpalatable as Trump, and choose someone they WILL vote for in the future.

So you think they need your votes?

Isn't it also true that your candidates will need their votes?  Realistically, there are a lot more of "them" than there are of "you", so if you have any intention of actually winning elections, you are going to need their support.

Unfortunately, I suspect this election has embittered both sides sufficiently that support will be withheld simply for spite in the future.  Whether the number of spiteful people will be enough to swing elections...who knows?

This really exemplifies the entire problem of using your vote to "send a message".  Because it is very likely that the message you intend to send with your vote is not how that message will be understood or interpreted by others.  Votes don't come with footnotes explaining why they were cast -- they're just raw numbers.  That's how the GOP screwed up so badly interpreting the results of the 2012 election. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:24:04 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 03:23:01 pm »
@Cripplecreek
They are either going to come to conservatism or be forever in the wilderness. This will make the second election that liberals were prevented from securing the presidency for the GOP. Yup. As many times as it takes.

No remorse. No regret. And not a Tinker's Dam of guilt about it.

Kind of hard to make a man feel guilty for being right.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 03:26:48 pm »
Kind of hard to make a man feel guilty for being right.

I read some Trumpist posts and literally laugh out loud at how they actually think that they are going to shame us. People intentionally and of their own free will empowering the exact thing they claim to be against are gonna shame people actually living by their principles.

These are some seriously stupid people. Dog drooling stupid people. And their rationalizing! Good God a psychotherapist would be rich in a week from that level of cognitive dissonance.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 03:27:39 pm »
Go right ahead Huckster, I remember you, an amnesty-pimp whose irresponsible use of pardons in Arkansas resulted in murder sprees in Missouri and Washington.  A man so full of himself that he released a man who raped a teenager on her way home from school, you pardoned him as his victim pleaded with you not to.  You make me sick.

That's just about the best reason to oppose anything about Huckabee I've ever read.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 03:28:14 pm »

Isn't it also true that your candidates will need their votes?  Realistically, there are a lot more of "them" than there are of "you", so if you have any intention of actually winning elections, you are going to need their support.

Unfortunately, I suspect this election has embittered both sides sufficiently that support will be withheld simply for spite in the future.  Whether the number of spiteful people will be enough to swing elections...who knows?

This really exemplifies the entire problem of using your vote to "send a message".  Because it is very likely that the message you intend to send with your vote is not how that message will be understood or interpreted by others.  Votes don't come with footnotes explaining why they were cast -- they're just raw numbers.  That's how the GOP screwed up so badly interpreting the results of the 2012 election.

Some conservatives seem to think they will be punishing the party by doing exactly what the party has been trying to do themselves since Goldwater - get rid of them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:29:50 pm by skeeter »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 03:37:20 pm »

If I am missing something - and there is a flicker of hope yet - we'd better figure out a way to bridge the divide.  It will sound parochial, but it needs to start here, in forums like these.  A divided house on the Right has no chance.  None. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jpsb

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 03:42:09 pm »
If Hillary wins 2020 will not matter.

Video: Obama 'encourages illegals to vote'

Want more of the same? Do not vote for Trump.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:44:22 pm by jpsb »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 03:44:09 pm »
If Hillary wind 2020 will not matter.

Video: Obama 'encourages illegals to vote'

Want more of the same? Do not vote for Trump.

In case ya missed it

I read some Trumpist posts and literally laugh out loud at how they actually think that they are going to shame us. People intentionally and of their own free will empowering the exact thing they claim to be against are gonna shame people actually living by their principles.

These are some seriously stupid people. Dog drooling stupid people. And their rationalizing! Good God a psychotherapist would be rich in a week from that level of cognitive dissonance.