Author Topic: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them  (Read 9688 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 03:46:08 pm »
It will sound parochial, but it needs to start here, in forums like these.  A divided house on the Right has no chance.  None.

Agreed.  Of course, you've got those who will label anyone who voted for Trump, for any reason, as not being on the right, and therefore they don't want anything to do with us....

But as much as forums like this might be able to help, the truth is the vast majority of GOP-leaners don't participate in political forums like these, and they'll be carrying their grudges/bitterness with them like the Cross itself. And oddly, both sides will likely be equally embittered at the other.

it's actually kind of remarkable.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 03:46:20 pm »
You guys just cannot learn.

But you will. You will soon know that all of what we have been saying is true.

You will know soon enough. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will keep getting what you get.

As a reminder, Trump said himself "I don't need Conservatives to support me".
https://jtf.org/trump-i-dont-need-conservatives-to-support-me/

Are you calling Trump a liar?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2016, 03:46:27 pm »
Nominate another liberal POS in 2020 and watch us do it again. Happily.
The beatings will continue until the stupid is exorcized.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2016, 03:47:25 pm »
Isn't it also true that your candidates will need their votes?  Realistically, there are a lot more of "them" than there are of "you", so if you have any intention of actually winning elections, you are going to need their support.

You know what, let's try it that way and see what happens.  We've tried "liberal-lite" in each of the last three presidential cycles in the hopes of drawing in the cross-over votes.  We'll see how it ends today, but it hasn't worked out very well so far.  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Let's try something different and see what happens. 

Maybe Trump will pull out the win today and if so, I will stand corrected.  Maybe we will nominate a rock-solid conservative next time and he or she will still lose.  If so, I will weep for my country but I will stand corrected again.

Unfortunately, I suspect this election has embittered both sides sufficiently that support will be withheld simply for spite in the future.  Whether the number of spiteful people will be enough to swing elections...who knows?

This really exemplifies the entire problem of using your vote to "send a message".  Because it is very likely that the message you intend to send with your vote is not how that message will be understood or interpreted by others.  Votes don't come with footnotes explaining why they were cast -- they're just raw numbers.  That's how the GOP screwed up so badly interpreting the results of the 2012 election.

I don't vote to send a message or out of spite.  I vote for the person who best aligns with my values and beliefs.  Interpret my vote how you will, but it doesn't change my vote.  Situational ethics are no ethics at all.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2016, 03:47:30 pm »

Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them

That's good because no one is going to remember nor care about you.

BTW, isn't this that chatter you hear from people after they lost? Does he know something?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 03:48:51 pm »

BTW, isn't this that chatter you hear from people after they lost? Does he know something?

Yeah I noticed that myself.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2016, 03:49:53 pm »
The beatings will continue until the stupid is exorcized.
Pain teaches eventually. But they are inflicting it on themselves.

Since they are moral relativists to begin with, logic dictates that they don't care whose horse gets them to the finish line, ergo, side with conservatives and win.

However the fact they not only refuse to side with conservatives election after election, but in fact willingly and of their own free will side with whatever liberal the GOP offers, proves by action they arent moral relativists at all. They are liberals.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2016, 03:50:10 pm »
In case ya missed it

I read some Trumpist posts and literally laugh out loud at how they actually think that they are going to shame us. People intentionally and of their own free will empowering the exact thing they claim to be against are gonna shame people actually living by their principles.

These are some seriously stupid people. Dog drooling stupid people. And their rationalizing! Good God a psychotherapist would be rich in a week from that level of cognitive dissonance.

Nobody is out to shame you, this was the most important election in your life time and you decided to sit it out. The Marxists are making and all out effort try to take over the country and you left the field of battle. Grown ups make hard choices, children run home to mommy. Hopefully their are enough grownups to defeat Hillary.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:50:44 pm by jpsb »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2016, 03:51:25 pm »
Agreed.  Of course, you've got those who will label anyone who voted for Trump, for any reason, as not being on the right, and therefore they don't want anything to do with us....

But as much as forums like this might be able to help, the truth is the vast majority of GOP-leaners don't participate in political forums like these, and they'll be carrying their grudges/bitterness with them like the Cross itself. And oddly, both sides will likely be equally embittered at the other.

it's actually kind of remarkable.

The high five slapping I've seen on this site today reminds me of the inflated sense of influence they have over at TOS.

Its easy to get wrapped up in an online community like this but in the final analysis its all just barking at the moon. I have to remind myself that I come here simply to say my piece for the cathartic effect. I influence no one.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2016, 03:52:03 pm »
Nobody is out to shame you, this was the most important election in your life time and you decided to sit it out. The Marxists are making and all out effort try to take over the country and you left the field of battle. Grown ups make hard choices, children run home to mommy. Hopefully their are enough grownups to defeat Hillary.

Nope. I voted for a conservative.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2016, 03:52:28 pm »
Kind of hard to make a man feel guilty for being right.

Or woman.....   ^-^

I am not intimidated by threats because I have done what my conscience, and knowledge of Biblical principles, as well as secular ethics, demands that I do.

Huckabee has become no more than a TV entertainer, and I will consider the source as he utters threats against me...

They are meaningless.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »
The high five slapping I've seen on this site today reminds me of the inflated sense of influence they have over at TOS.

Its easy to get wrapped up in an online community like this but in the final analysis its all just barking at the moon. I have to remind myself that I come here simply to say my piece for the cathartic effect. I influence no one.

You are mistaken if you believe that this forum is the only place where people of principle are refusing to vote for a man totally void of integrity.

This is nationwide, and it is meaningful.  Trump is neither Republican nor morally fit to be President, and many people across the country realize it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2016, 03:55:53 pm »
You are mistaken if you believe that this forum is the only place where people of principle are refusing to vote for a man totally void of integrity.

This is nationwide, and it is meaningful.  Trump is neither Republican nor morally fit to be President, and many people across the country realize it.

OK, but thats not at all what I said.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2016, 03:56:49 pm »

It doesn't matter to the devoted whether he lies or not.

Trump has said he doesn't need us.  THEY have said they don't need us.

And now they are set to blame us for the loss of the Presidency today.

But it is the Trump primary voters who foisted this nincompoop on us who are responsible for Hillary's victory.  Those of us who have been consistently against BOTH liberals are not to blame for the disaster ahead.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2016, 03:56:52 pm »
As a reminder to Huckabee.

You do not owe anything to any political party. They are a business whose job it is to sell you a product. If you find the product does not meet your needs or is rotten, you are under no obligation to buy that product.

The best thing you can do if you find a business is selling a rotten product is to not buy the product they are selling. Otherwise, you are sending the message to that business that the rotten product they are selling is acceptable and they will continue to push rotten products on you.

Offline Resp3

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2016, 03:58:38 pm »

Worth a repost in large font.....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2016, 03:59:03 pm »
OK, but thats not at all what I said.

Then communicate more clearly what you meant.  Because what it seemed like you meant is that those of us not voting for Trump are "barking at the moon" just like the idiots at TOS.

We represent a legion of voters across the country who cannot vote for evil no matter what letter is after his/her name.

We are not a meaningless group of forum "high fivers."

Oceander

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2016, 03:59:55 pm »

You do not owe anything to any political party. They are a business whose job it is to sell you a product. If you find the product does not meet your needs or is rotten, you are under no obligation to buy that product.

The best thing you can do if you find a business is selling a rotten product is to not buy the product they are selling. Otherwise, you are sending the message to that business that the rotten product they are selling is acceptable and they will continue to push rotten products on you.

:thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2016, 04:01:15 pm »
Then communicate more clearly what you meant.  Because what it seemed like you meant is that those of us not voting for Trump are "barking at the moon" just like the idiots at TOS.

We represent a legion of voters across the country who cannot vote for evil no matter what letter is after his/her name.

We are not a meaningless group of forum "high fivers."

With all due respect, I do not think I could've been any clearer. Perhaps you should re read what I wrote.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 04:01:20 pm »

:amen:  :amen: and :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2016, 04:02:06 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2016, 04:04:16 pm »
With all due respect, I do not think I could've been any clearer. Perhaps you should re read what I wrote.

I did.

Several times.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2016, 04:05:31 pm »
I did.

Several times.

Even the last two lines?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2016, 04:06:22 pm »
You know what, let's try it that way and see what happens.

The only way to "try it that way" is for a conservative to actually win the nomination.  And I'm all in favor of that, but that hasn't happened for...a long time. 

We've tried "liberal-lite" in each of the last three presidential cycles in the hopes of drawing in the cross-over votes.  We'll see how it ends today, but it hasn't worked out very well so far.  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Let's try something different and see what happens.

The problem is that there is no collective hive-mind of voters to decide "let's do something different".  It's all just masses of individuals gravitating towards the particular candidates they like.   Think about those who voted for Kasich, or Bush.  Do you really think this election will convince them that they should support Ted Cruz the next time around?  I think it'll be exactly the opposite -- they'll think that their more liberal brand of Republicanism is still the ticket to winning the general election.  Or how about the Trump supporters embittered at #neverTrumpers.  Are they all going to decide to vote for Cruz because you "taught them a lesson"?

People don't think/act that way.

I don't vote to send a message or out of spite.

I didn't say you did.  I said that in the next election, a lot of people may vote based on spite.  I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect this won't be a defeat that will draw us closer.  It will be a defeat that will lead to nasty recriminations that will last for years.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:12:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck