Author Topic: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning  (Read 52858 times)

Online corbe

Re: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2016, 07:48:57 pm »
I've stopped posting for the sake of keeping the peace.  Please don't make me regret that decision.

Out of Respect for our gracious Host, I too have cut way back on my Trump vitriol.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2016, 07:51:28 pm »

I don't consider you principled conservatives,  I consider you irrational fanatics.   Principled conservatives,  having not gotten their preferred candidate would have made their feelings known,  and then shut the F*** up about it, not work to undermine the candidate the rest of their party had selected.   

I didn't like Romney,   but I didn't spend the months leading up to the election bitching about him and trying to sabotage his election.   

What you need to realize is that we may not survive this psychotic hate witch,   and if my children suffer because of your stupid behavior,  I will be hoping that you and yours get a double measure.

I could not possibly care less what someone of your mindset thinks of me, us or Swiss cheese. You are whats wrong with 'the right'.

We are ALL going to get double measure because you and your fellow travelers would not think like a reasoned adult and instead reacted with emotional idiocy that would make Jim Robinson stand up and cheer. Now we all pay for your idiocy. Please. In the future, find a new hobby. Leave politics to people that care about their country because your actions in putting Donald Trump where he is show you do not.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2016, 07:51:45 pm »
Can't really argue with that.  And if it isn't making them look like Hitler, the media would find something else and pound it 24/7.  I thought Rubio might be our strongest candidate, but they likely have been bombarding him with "baby with a pacifier" meme, and lauding the value of experience.

Do not doubt that for a second.   They would have also made certain to hype his support of "Amnesty"  because they know it would have turned off huge swaths of his conservative base. 

Just as the media people do not give a fig about "Grab the P*ssy",   so too do they know that it only alienates the most conservative elements of the Republican base.    It is meaningless to every other demographic.   

That's why they hyped it.   

Rubio would have been barbecued.   I think Cruz would have done better,   but he would have been presented as a Religious fanatic who is arrogant and unlikable.    They would have pointed out that even his fellow Senators hate him.   

But I do think he'd have had a better shot than Trump.  Although he might have lost out on some of those working class votes.

I think if this election is to be won,  it is going to be the "Reagan Democrats"  and possibly the Black vote that will win it.    Trump cuts into some Democrat constituencies that no other Republican could have gained.   

Will it be enough?   I don't know,  but some of the numbers I am seeing makes it look like it will be enough. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2016, 07:52:44 pm »
I know tensions are high but please settle down everyone....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:02 pm »

Rubio would have been portrayed as a silly inexperienced little boy.

I agree with the likely line of attack, but that's the one I really wonder about.  Because that line of attack would likely not sit very well with Millenials who already are not overly-fond of Hillary. Rubio is good enough on his feet when not facing Christie that something like "I'm 45 years old.  People my age and younger constitute 2/3 of the country, and if you think that makes me too young to run for this office, then I think the times have passed you by."

That attack also would have opened up a lot of snark about her lack of understanding of technology in the 21st century, including emails.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:20 pm »
I know tensions are high but please settle down everyone....

Wait till he loses tomorrow. You are gonna have your hands full.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:42 pm »
I know this may surprise some of you, but in the very beginning I flirted with supporting Ted Cruz or
Scott Walker. Had nice things to say about both of them, and Ben Carson for that matter.

I liked Ben Carson,  but I recognized he was simply too nice.   Also the media had successfully portrayed him as kooky.

But Donald Trump Won. Now it's up to us, Republicans, to keep the Democrats out of the White House. If not us, then whom?

Pretty much how I saw it.   Didn't want Trump,  but once my fellow party members made that decision,   I had to at the very least shut up saying derogatory things about him so as to not help the opposition.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2016, 07:58:26 pm »
Wait till he loses tomorrow. You are gonna have your hands full.

I know one side won't be happy but we will work through it....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2016, 08:00:50 pm »
Not with a liberal. That is no win. It's the definition of abandoning principle.

Vote for conservatives next time. Or lose 3 presidential elections in a row. Your call. But you should know by now you WON'T win without us. So you can either win on our terms...constitutional conservatism, or stay in the wilderness. Your call. We arent budging.

Nobody cares.   You aren't a significant force of any sort.   You are the "snake handlers"  of the Republican base.    You are a minority of a minority with no significant influence on national election constituencies.   

Edited by Mod1. You should have stopped there. The photo and the namecalling was overkill.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:40:33 pm by Mod1 »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2016, 08:04:32 pm »

Nobody cares.   You aren't a significant force of any sort.   Y

Are you writing that from the desk of President Mitt Romney by chance?

We are and will remain 'significant' enough to stop you from moving the Right further left with 'party over country' stupidity.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2016, 08:04:39 pm »
Aid and Comfort? Where have I heard that phrase before?

Do you wear a brown shirt when you write up your enemies list for daring to ....shock.... disagree with your political choices?

Enough of that!
Support the USO

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2016, 08:05:12 pm »
Aid and Comfort? Where have I heard that phrase before?

Do you wear a brown shirt when you write up your enemies list for daring to ....shock.... disagree with your political choices?

People that use the language of the left, are of the left. Logic 101.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2016, 08:05:31 pm »
Geez, they even ridiculed him for taking a swig of water.

They either have short memories,  or are inattentive. 

Yes,  they would have spanked Rubio,  and probably a lot worse than they have been spanking Trump.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2016, 08:06:33 pm »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2016, 08:08:57 pm »
  Out of Respect for our gracious Host, I too have cut way back on my Trump vitriol.

And the problem was exactly that it was vitriol directed at our flawed candidate,  and not nearly enough directed at the evil threat we are facing.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Online corbe

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2016, 08:13:29 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2016, 08:14:09 pm »

They either have short memories,  or are inattentive. 

Yes,  they would have spanked Rubio,  and probably a lot worse than they have been spanking Trump.

No one thinks the media wouldn't have done all they could to get Hillary over the top. That's not the point.

The question is would enough people 'buy' the inevitable unflattering characterizations of the republican candidate. With trump they didn't even need to define him - he of all the candidates had to overcome a public perception that existed before he was even nominated.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:16:19 pm by skeeter »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2016, 08:16:20 pm »
I could not possibly care less what someone of your mindset thinks of me, us or Swiss cheese. You are whats wrong with 'the right'.

If you do not care,  then why must we be constantly subjected to your opinion?   One who does not care what others think, does not demonstrate such a compulsive need to make everyone aware of their opinion.   

We are ALL going to get double measure because you and your fellow travelers would not think like a reasoned adult and instead reacted with emotional idiocy that would make Jim Robinson stand up and cheer. Now we all pay for your idiocy.

Well obviously I shouldn't have been advocating for Cruz,  because you are now telling me that was a mistake.   

Please. In the future, find a new hobby. Leave politics to people that care about their country because your actions in putting Donald Trump where he is show you do not.

I have no role in placing Donald Trump where he is.   I merely acknowledge that he is the tool we have been given to work with in defeating a dangerous threat.   

Though I could wish for a better tool,  one must fight with the tool one has. 

I am not mature enough to throw melt down temper tantrums because I didn't get my preferred choice.   Maybe i'll grow up some day.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2016, 08:17:36 pm »
22222frying pan

I do not delight in a Clinton victory. I am relieved if trump loses. I will post articles I find pertinent to the election whether you approve or not.
Well, bully for you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2016, 08:18:30 pm »
But Donald Trump Won. Now it's up to us, Republicans, to keep the Democrats out of the White House. If not us, then whom?

When Republicans are the same damn thing as Democrats, it is a distinction without a difference.
Using liberal Republicans to defeat liberal Democrats is as foolish as it can be.
Even a win is Pyrrhic Victory by it's very nature.
What they will DO is precisely the same.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2016, 08:20:50 pm »
I agree with the likely line of attack, but that's the one I really wonder about.  Because that line of attack would likely not sit very well with Millenials who already are not overly-fond of Hillary. Rubio is good enough on his feet when not facing Christie that something like "I'm 45 years old.  People my age and younger constitute 2/3 of the country, and if you think that makes me too young to run for this office, then I think the times have passed you by."

That attack also would have opened up a lot of snark about her lack of understanding of technology in the 21st century, including emails.

The amnesty thing would have still wrecked him with the base,  especially with the media hyping it.   

Also the media would have trotted out the "Is Rubio secretly Gay?"  thing  and hyped that. 

They would have attacked him from every conceivable angle,  and he doesn't strike me as having the necessary  capacity to repel their attacks.   Enough would have stuck to wreck him. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2016, 08:22:08 pm »
A key point I think many miss.

A voter has absolutely no obligation to be loyal to a political party any more than a customer is obligated to be loyal to any single business. A voter does not owe a political party a thing. Their loyalty is to their own values.

A poitical party, however, must be loyal to the voters, just like a business has to be loyal to its customers. If a business is not loyal to its customers (driving them away, offering a substandard product, not offering the product they want) the customers will leave.

I think many get that backwards.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »
I know one side won't be happy but we will work through it....

I would like to think that both sides will be very unhappy at the prospect of a psychotic hate witch in control of the IRS and the FBI.   

That one side will take some solace in it is a very bad thing.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2016, 08:22:45 pm »
Nobody cares.   You aren't a significant force of any sort.   You are the "snake handlers"  of the Republican base.    You are a minority of a minority with no significant influence on national election constituencies.   

Until day after tomorrow of course, when it will be 'all our fault'.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2016, 08:26:33 pm »
Are you writing that from the desk of President Mitt Romney by chance?

We are and will remain 'significant' enough to stop you from moving the Right further left with 'party over country' stupidity.

I recall the accusation that "Bob Dole was the tax collector for the welfare state."   

If the Democrats win this one,   you and your Coterie will be the useful token opposition that helps to make the pretend elections look more realistic. 

You won't win any,  of course. 

— Lord Melbourne —