Author Topic: There are 4,000 people in a half-mile voting line in Cincinnati today. This isn’t OK.  (Read 2067 times)

cuky

There are 4,000 people in a half-mile voting line in Cincinnati today. This isn’t OK.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/there-are-4000-people-in-a-half-mile-voting-line-in-cincinnati-today-this-isn%e2%80%99t-ok/ar-AAjYInB?ocid=spartandhp

Two days before Election Day, there are so many people waiting to vote in Cincinnati that the line is more than half a mile long:

And this isn’t unique to Cincinnati. Long lines stretching for hours, with hundreds of people waiting for their turn to cast a ballot, have been a feature of the final weekend before Election Day. The early voting line at North Carolina State University stretched on seemingly endlessly, with hundreds of people waiting on Saturday:

When the polls closed in Franklin County, Ohio, on Saturday, there were many, many people still waiting to get in:

Same happening in North Carolina

Previous Tweet

Next Tweet

Follow

Sean Gallitz
Verified account
‏@seangallitz
*ALMOST* this entire line outside @NCState to vote early just before the 1pm cut off. Everyone in a good mood - pizza is coming.

C. Crook ‏@CCrook16  Nov 5
@seangallitz @HallieJackson @NCState Will those in line be allowed to vote early even if they don't make it into the polling place?
0 replies
5 retweets
8 likes

View other replies

Hillary for America ‏@HFA  Nov 5
@CCrook16 @seangallitz @HallieJackson @NCState If you're in line, you'll be able to vote! Stay in line! -KathyP
0 replies
30 retweets
111 likes

Sven Tice ‏@sventice  Nov 5
@seangallitz @NCState If you're in line before the cutoff, do you still get to vote?
0 replies
0 retweets
0 likes

Hillary for America ‏@HFA  11h
11 hours ago

@sventice Yes! As long as you're in line by closing, you can still vote. -Molly

Donna Marie ‏@Oooooo_Donna  Nov 5
@amcynic Suggest you watch in slow motion and see millennials, Asian. Latino, Black, women. @seangallitz @daveweigel @NCState
0 replies
15 retweets
142 likes

Denver, CO
@seangallitz @Chuckmeg @NCState NC should be ashamed 2 treat their citizens like this-- nobody should have to wait in long line 2 vote
0 replies
1 retweet
6 likes

Offline sinkspur

Both states run by Republicans.

There were small lines in Texas, but we have tons of polling places.

Ohio and NC, not so much.  I can understand why residents would be pissed at the Republicans running their states.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Ohio and NC, not so much.  I can understand why residents would be pissed at the Republicans running their states.

There are only 2000 people in my township and we have 2 voting precincts. They're less than 100 yards apart and I walk past the other precinct on the way to mine.

Offline ConstitutionRose

There were no lines or very short lines at the early voting locations for the last two weeks in Greensboro NC.  I drive by many of those locations going to my various clients and the status of those locations is reported on regularly.  My take, this is something that applies to the University location only.  These are the same folks who also do the register the same day you vote crap. 

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:47:16 am by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Applewood

There are only 2000 people in my township and we have 2 voting precincts. They're less than 100 yards apart and I walk past the other precinct on the way to mine.

Growing up, there were 2 polling places in my neighborhood used only in the primaries, each across the street from the other. One was for Democrats, the other for Republicans.  Eventually, someone figured out it was silly to have 2 polling places segregated by party, since the town was 99.99%:Democrat. 

Each neighborhood had a polling place, but today, thanks to a decline in population and a number of people who just don't bother voting, there is now one polling place in my whole zip code.  You would think there would be fewer poll workers since it's now one location, but no.  Most of the time when I go to vote, there are at least twice as many workers there as there are voters.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The local precincts and voting places with those long lines are run by Democrats, not Republicans.  Same as the counties that were screwed up in Florida in 2000.

Offline Frank Cannon

The local precincts and voting places with those long lines are run by Democrats, not Republicans.  Same as the counties that were screwed up in Florida in 2000.

Exactly.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

We never voted early in Texas ... always on election days.  The election boards here understood the possibility of heavy voting and there were plenty of polling places, some within a few blocks from each other.

But, that's Texas.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

Enthusiasm, momentum, new voters, hidden voters, crossover voters and the black vote will be the difference that tips the election to Donald Trump and Mike Pence.

Go Trump-Pence!

Offline dfwgator

We never voted early in Texas ... always on election days.  The election boards here understood the possibility of heavy voting and there were plenty of polling places, some within a few blocks from each other.

But, that's Texas.
Last time, I voted on Election Day and it was much quicker than Early Voting.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

That's a huge issue.  On Election Day, every precinct is open.  Usually, early voting is restricted just to the County Board of Elections.

Offline Applewood

Enthusiasm, momentum, new voters, hidden voters, crossover voters and the black vote will be the difference that tips the election to Donald Trump and Mike Pence.

Go Trump-Pence!

Maybe.  Maybe not.

Offline libertybele

Go Trump-Pence!

A/C I wish I could share your enthusiasm.  I will be happy IF Hillary is defeated.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline beandog

I have been wondering why if the line is so long for early voting, why don't they just come back on election day.  Makes sense to me.  Never had a problem voting then.  The only time in all the years I've voted the only time I can remember waiting any time was Carter/Ford.  It was my first election at 19 so I remember waiting for about 45 minutes.

Offline Frank Cannon

A/C I wish I could share your enthusiasm.  I will be happy IF Hillary is defeated.

Tell me about it.

Offline libertybele

Ridiculous.  Early voting was supposed to eliminate the long lines.  Obviously not the case here.  I think early voting should be eliminated all together and we should get back to voting on election day.  Create more precincts and put in more polling machines.  The long lines are the fault of the Supervisor of Elections. The Supervisor of Elections is supposed to ensure the election runs smoothly. In my area we had several early voting precincts to select from.  I voted last week and there wasn't even a line.  I walked right in, signed, voted and walked back out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mirraflake

Why do you always bash republicans and want open borders, amnesty and globalism?
@sinkspur

Offline sinkspur

Why do you always bash republicans and want open borders, amnesty and globalism?
@sinkspur

I don't always bash Republicans.  I bash Republicans when they do stupid things.

Trump always bashes Republicans, yet I'm guessing you voted for him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mirraflake

I don't always bash Republicans.  I bash Republicans when they do stupid things.

Trump always bashes Republicans, yet I'm guessing you voted for him.

Hamilton Ohio is mentioned in the story or tweet in the story it is strongly liberal and democrat and is run by democrats. My wife is from there and she was liberal.

GM had a stamping plant in that town and it leans strong union as well.

Blame the democrats and not the republicans.

@sinkspur

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"There are 4,000 people in a half-mile voting line in Cincinnati today. This isn’t OK."

No, it's "not OK", but not because there is a line in Cincinnati -today-.

There shouldn't be ANY voting in Cincinnati today, or anywhere else, for that matter.

Election Day is "election day".
Show up then to vote.
Not before.

This kind of "early voting" b.s. is one of the tools used by "progressives" to steal elections. It should be abolished.

Wingnut