Author Topic: Somebody is planning to collapse the exit polling protocols  (Read 898 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Somebody is planning to collapse the exit polling protocols
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »
This story actually started bubbling up more than a month ago but now it appears to be set in stone. One group of election analysts plan to release at least some exit polling and voter turnout numbers throughout the day tomorrow, beginning as soon as the polls open on the east coast. As you might imagine, this is giving the world of political journalism a bad case of indigestion on the eve of their biggest day of the year.

(Politico) -This year, a handful of different projects are underway to disrupt the rhythm and flow of information on Election Day — including one controversial effort that some worry could affect the actual election results.

Slate and Vice News have partnered with Votecastr, a company helmed by Obama and Bush campaign veterans, to provide real-time projections of how the candidates are faring in each state throughout the day. They expect to begin posting projections at 8 a.m. Eastern time on Election Day — a dramatic departure from current practice, where representatives from a consortium of news organizations (The Associated Press, ABC News, CBS News, CNN, Fox News and NBC News) huddle in a quarantine room without cell phones, pouring over the earliest exit poll data but declining to release anything that points to an election result until all the polls have closed.
Does anyone outside of this group of upstart data farmers actually think this is a good idea? We don’t even need to rely on the old rules of the road which the Politico article starts off with for an answer. Yes, the news networks have long held to an oath to not release the exit polls or make predictions until all the polls close in each state. That’s not only for fear of depressing turnout and swinging the presidential contest, but even moreso the down ballot races. This phenomenon doesn’t need to be rehashed in full here and it represents the “against” argument...

Read more at: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/07/somebody-planning-collapse-exit-polling-protocols/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 04:06:44 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Somebody is planning to collapse the exit polling protocols
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 04:07:34 pm »
Break the system, lie!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 04:11:04 pm »
Please just let it be over tomorrow night.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 04:13:10 pm »
Please just let it be over tomorrow night.

I don't think you're the only one who feels this way.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 04:17:21 pm »
If it were up to me there would be no results reported till ALL the polls were closed including Alaska and Hawaii.

Offline beandog

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 04:45:37 pm »
If it were up to me there would be no results reported till ALL the polls were closed including Alaska and Hawaii.
I agree.  To bad I don't rule the world. :laugh:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 05:12:34 pm »
They tried that in Canada. It didn't work out so well.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 05:43:36 pm »
You want the Web?  Gotta take the bad with the good.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 03:24:28 am »
Cripplecreek wrote:
"If it were up to me there would be no results reported till ALL the polls were closed including Alaska and Hawaii."

Please see my post here:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233216.msg1128541.html#msg1128541

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 03:38:07 am »
Yes, we have been led around by the nose by the deceitful who are everywhere. And I mean everywhere.