Author Topic: One of the Many Reasons I Think Trump and His Mobs of Fans Are A Bigger Threat To Liberty Than From Hillary  (Read 11582 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There are myriad Pro-Trump folks that have called bullshiite on our citations of threats both direct and subtle across the forumsphere and social media.  They assert it doesn't take place.

Well, this one is hitting several net groups and boards I visit - and the comments following are much more direct in the bloodthirsty quest for vengeance on NeverTrumps regardless of how the elections results are announced.  But the Op-Ed itself provides the impetus for the Trump Militant to beat their chests and chant for what they all promise they intend to do to Conservatives they have declared traitors.

This is the kind of crap that we've read for months, and the very kinds of things that initially shoved me from reluctant to NeverTrump many months ago.

Here's a snip of the essay that is garnering the most direct responses:

Finally, there’s the creeping realization that their brand of conservatism is all hat and no cattle. Their moral preening and appeals to as yet undefined principles are just postures. In the end, their thing was just a jobs program for people unable to do productive work. As one of the moonbats at the post points out, it is a movement with no base. No matter what happens Tuesday, the pro-Trump people will never forget these traitors or welcome them back.

After liberation, French women guilty of “collaboration horizontale” were dragged into the street to have their heads shaved. It was punishment for betrayal of their people. The Dutch did the same, but they also sent their collaborators to work camps in New Guinea. Many were simply shot, of course. Immediately after the liberation, almost 200.000 Dutch citizens were interned in camps and prisons and put on trial. Sadly, this is not what awaits the traitors of NeverTrump, but at some level they know they will never be “us” again.

They are actually using the history of what befell Nazi Collaborators as a justification for the kind of punishments they are promising to dish out come Tuesday.

Whether they are truly stupid and sick enough to attempt such things or just rant behind a keyboard is yet to be seen - but history also teaches never to discount an unruly mob of zealots for a man they consider a political savior who are consumed with fear and hatred.

Should they want to repeat those histories of postwar Holland and France - they will have initiated an event they will wish they never began and it will play into the very hands of those they supposedly are so afraid of.

This is why I assert Trump and his mobs are more dangerous to our liberties than anything Hiladabeast in the Mao Pantsuit threatens us with.

But this is what some of the Trump militants are discussing tonight out there, and as I said earlier - we should not tolerate or suffer bullies, no matter the justification they give themselves.

The only thing I agree with the essay writer about, is that they will never be 'us' again.  There is going to be no 'reunification' coming between those who sold their souls to a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat charlatan who played them all like harps - and true Principled Conservatives who would not bend the knee and betray those values that govern themselves.  I'll never trust those who so thirst for blood of those they seek to blame simply because we refused to capitulate our principles and vote for whom they demand we vote for.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

When Trump loses, the Trumpkins will come hat-in-hand, begging to rejoin the politically sane.  Trumpism will be dead.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
When Trump loses, the Trumpkins will come hat-in-hand, begging to rejoin the politically sane.  Trumpism will be dead.

I don't think so. They already were disgusted with the GOP before Trump even announced - but after he did and they fell under his spell (The wall!) - they have gone into the same swooning messiah-worship we watched the rabid followers of Obama do, even when ample evidence of his own words contradict their lofted beliefs of what he is going to do in their name.

Now he has them chanting 'rigged, rigged!' (which I do not doubt at all given that Cook County went national back in 2012) - so their wanting to be grafted back into the "machine" they think is out to get their prince is not going to happen.  This political division is what was inevitable since the culture was irrevocably split asunder.

If history follows it's usual blueprint - these divisions will go hot, and it is usually the afraid and disaffected that pull the trigger.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline doghouse

So how do you like your crow cooked.  I noticed not a single work of reality crept into this thread.   

The Trumpsters are not creeping or hiding but those who spoke against them sure the hell are.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So how do you like your crow cooked.  I noticed not a single work of reality crept into this thread.   

The Trumpsters are not creeping or hiding but those who spoke against them sure the hell are.
Who is hiding? Who is creeping? I, for one, am doing neither. If you or those of your ilk wish me harm, bring it on. If you want to act like adults and move forward, I'm all for that, too, so enough bullshit. Defecate or vacate the pot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I don't know if I'd call them a bigger threat but they're certainly no less of a threat.

Sorry kids but if you're running into problems because a cashier won't write Trump's name on your coffee cup, you've got issues and should stick to writing his name in your notebook with hearts and flowers.

Online DB

Who's hiding or creeping? Care to name names?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@sinkspur    ----> 22222frying pan  <---- DCPatriot
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:10:40 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

What I wonder is, why are the "winners" still filled with rage?

None of us who didn't vote for Trump because he lacks character, integrity, and morality have changed our minds about that.

Some of us are surprised he won, but then again, Hillary was one of the worst two candidates ever chosen by the elites of the parties to run (Trump was the other). 

But we are NOT hiding.  Just waiting for yet another four years before we can get an actual President again. 12 years is a long time to be without a competent leader.    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wonder why you think this is a sign of "rage"?   :pondering:

Offline Longmire

:silly:

Online DCPatriot

None of us who didn't vote for Trump because he lacks character, integrity, and morality have changed our minds about that.

Some of us are surprised he won, but then again, Hillary was one of the worst two candidates ever chosen by the elites of the parties to run (Trump was the other). 

But we are NOT hiding.  Just waiting for yet another four years before we can get an actual President again. 12 years is a long time to be without a competent leader.    **nononono*

We're not filled with rage. 

Because they refused to cast their votes for Trump, they are off-the-hook for anything 'bad' that happens during the next four years.

But at the same time, they are sure as hell not responsible for positive outcomes either.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood again, @musiclady !   For many here, however, there will always be this:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Victoria33

@musiclady
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak 

I am an individual just as others who did not vote for Trump, are individuals.  I don't think I ever referred to myself as being a "NeverTrumper".  Others put me in that category. 

In your list of descriptions of Trump, I add he has a serious personality disorder which makes him dangerous, plus he has a twitter fascination disorder.  That is why I did not vote for him.  He is still twitting, attacking people.  He will always have an "attack Rosie O'Donnell" personality.  He lives for attacking others and making money by legal means AND nefarious methods. 

I believe he will drain our national treasury of as much money as he can to add to his wealth.  Right now, he is costing us "huge" amounts of money for the Secret Service to secure his building.  The Secret Service will be housed in his building and we will pay rent to Trump to be there and Trump will set the rental rate.  That cost to us will be there for the rest of his life.

I have been thinking of his campaign and always flying to Trump Tower to be in his own bed every night from any location where he was that day.  I believe he always sleeps in one of his buildings, never anywhere else.  Due to this behavior, I think he is afraid to sleep anywhere else - if he doesn't own it, he isn't staying there.  This problem has surfaced already with his saying he doesn't want to stay in the White House.  I can see him using Air Force One to fly to the White House every day, flying back to Trump Tower every night.  That is a "huge" drain on our money.

George Washington did not accept a salary when he was President.  He said he would only take money to pay his expenses.  However, his bill for his "expenses" was much more than his salary would have been.  Trump says the same, he won't take a salary.  He is pulling a George Washington.  Always look into the reason he says anything - his personality disorder dictates what he says and does. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 03:24:40 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@musiclady
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak 

I am an individual just as others who did not vote for Trump, are individuals.  I don't think I ever referred to myself as being a "NeverTrumper".  Others put me in that category. 

In your list of descriptions of Trump, I add he has a serious personality disorder which makes him dangerous, plus he has a twitter fascination disorder.  That is why I did not vote for him.  He is still twitting, attacking people.  He will always have an "attack Rosie O'Donnell" personality.  He lives for attacking others and making money by legal means AND nefarious methods. 

I believe he will drain our national treasury of as much money as he can to add to his wealth.  Right now, he is costing us "huge" amounts of money for the Secret Service to secure his building.  The Secret Service will be housed in his building and we will pay rent to Trump to be there and Trump will set the rental rate.  That cost to us will be there for the rest of his life.

I have been thinking of his campaign and always flying to Trump Tower to be in his own bed every night from any location where he was that day.  I believe he always sleeps in one of his buildings, never anywhere else.  Due to this behavior, I think he is afraid to sleep anywhere else - if he doesn't own it, he isn't staying there.  This problem has surfaced already with his saying he doesn't want to stay in the White House.  I can see him using Air Force One to fly to the White House every day, flying back to Trump Tower every night.  That is a "huge" drain on our money.

George Washington did not accept a salary when he was President.  He said he would only take money to pay his expenses.  However, his bill for his "expenses" was much more than his salary would have been.  Trump says the same, he won't take a salary.  He is pulling a George Washington.  Always look into the reason he says anything - his personality disorder dictates what he says and does.

Wow.  Words fail me.   :facepalm2:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 03:58:39 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline musiclady

We're not filled with rage. 

Because they refused to cast their votes for Trump, they are off-the-hook for anything 'bad' that happens during the next four years.

But at the same time, they are sure as hell not responsible for positive outcomes either.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood again, @musiclady !   For many here, however, there will always be this:

Glad you're happy, DC, cause I LIKE you.

But I'll never regret my decision NOT to vote for a reprobate.

I'm happy as a clam that Hillary lost, but I'll be waiting hopefully for the day the Republican party once again stands for something.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Rivergirl

Guess the so called 'winners' have noticed that their guy is still raging on twitter.  Someone please tell him the campaign is over and he can stop spitting, slandering, and debasing everyone outside his domain.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak 

You're right to add 'personality disorder' to his flaws @Victoria33 .

We don't know what's going to happen in the next four years.  Certainly a few things will be better than they would be with Hillary, but we don't yet know how Trump's distorted personality will negatively affect how he handles the job.

The best case scenario is if he goes and sleeps in his own houses, ignores the job and lets some decent people he's appointed make decisions.  If he makes none himself, and just feeds his twitter narcissism, we may be OK.

Online DCPatriot

Guess the so called 'winners' have noticed that their guy is still raging on twitter.  Someone please tell him the campaign is over and he can stop spitting, slandering, and debasing everyone outside his domain.

It's actually 'genius' for him to use Twitter.   ESPECIALLY, as POTUS.

What better way to circumvent the lying sacks in the so-called 'mainstream' media?   

This way, he speaks unfiltered...directly to the People.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

No, we are not responsible for the consequences of Trump - either good or bad in terms of our vote a few weeks ago.  Some of us do not look at elections as nothing more than sporting events.  If Trump serves his oath well, he will receive the appropriate accolades, and if not - the appropriate scorn, criticism and derision we leveled at Obama for his usurpation of the rule of law and our principles.

Out duty was to vote the candidates who best represented our principles and whom we felt based on evidence would best uphold the Constitution and the rule of law.

Trump was not that person.  So our expectations are very low.

Which leaves room to be pleasantly surprised.

Offline musiclady

No, we are not responsible for the consequences of Trump - either good or bad in terms of our vote a few weeks ago.  Some of us do not look at elections as nothing more than sporting events.  If Trump serves his oath well, he will receive the appropriate accolades, and if not - the appropriate scorn, criticism and derision we leveled at Obama for his usurpation of the rule of law and our principles.

Out duty was to vote the candidates who best represented our principles and whom we felt based on evidence would best uphold the Constitution and the rule of law.

Trump was not that person.  So our expectations are very low.

Which leaves room to be pleasantly surprised.

Glad to see you're not "creeping" or "hiding" @INVAR .  ^-^

You speak for many of us with your words.  Our obligation is not to be a cheerleader for a bad choice, nor to vote for someone who doesn't represent a SINGLE value that we believe in.

But dittos for the "room to be surprised" sentiment.

Anything that's not disastrous in the next four years will be better than what I expect, so I hope to be surprised many times.   :patriot:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It's actually 'genius' for him to use Twitter.   ESPECIALLY, as POTUS.

What better way to circumvent the lying sacks in the so-called 'mainstream' media?   

This way, he speaks unfiltered...directly to the People.

I would normally agree with that sentiment, if it were anyone but Trump.

Trump uses Twitter to stoke up animosity and rage against those he targets.

More than dangerous in the hands of a head of state that uses social media for such purposes.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

More than dangerous in the hands of a head of state that uses social media for such purposes.

We have complained about Obama and the left doing exactly that because they inspire the nutcases to act.

Offline Smokin Joe

The greatest dangers to using Twitter, unfiltered, are the cumulative releases of information which, assembled, could compromise national security.
People who are not painfully aware of how crumbs can be analyzed to assemble remarkably accurate pictures of what is going on behind the scenes can leak information that could be critical and remain oblivious to doing so, especially hotheaded people.

Aside from that, there remains the possibility of a hacked account broadcasting faux statements which could cause a lot of trouble in everything from international relations to the markets, if the genuine account holder doesn't manage to accomplish that all by himself.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

We have complained about Obama and the left doing exactly that because they inspire the nutcases to act.
Between beer summits and silence, their approval for the actions of radicals has ranged from overt to tacit, fully encouraging those actions.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

It is time to ignore those who are more interested in having victory riots like a bunch of English Footballers all over the site than in moving forward and looking at more serious aspects of governmental transition, appointments, etc.

They are not interested in the well being of the nation, (obviously), nor the actions of the person they promoted, and only detract from adult attempts to discuss those matters.

C S Lewis