Author Topic: One of the Many Reasons I Think Trump and His Mobs of Fans Are A Bigger Threat To Liberty Than From Hillary  (Read 11585 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Mockery doesn't make it not true.  It just means you don't care.  Face your Maker and tell Him you don't care about political bullying so long as it is used to promote your candidate.  Ultimately He will judge the truth of the matter.
Well, like I said, "Otherwise, either we get along and do something for this country, or who got elected won't make a damned bit of difference."

I guess it won't make one damned bit of difference, but that is on par with my expectations for the next 4 years, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

As I stated, I did 24 years with the 75th airborne Rangers.  In that time I served overseas for 16 years and completed 6 different combat tours.

I almost never post here anymore,but I would like to hear more about that,starting with when your service with the 75th Abn Rangers began.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Seems to me the gist here centers around violence -  is the Trump Mob more violent or less violent than the Hillary Mob?

If we were to be purely analytical about the subject we would need to employ a computer with the ability to tabulate violent incidents and designate blame to one side or the other.  We would also need to define a time frame, the last 2 years, the last 20 years, etc.  And lastly we'd also require some sort of concrete definition of what exactly constitutes a violent act.

Assuming that all could be done in a purely analytical fashion (it cannot) the net result would be an unbiased print out with 2 columns and a total at the bottom of each.  Those totals would theoretically settle the debate.  Because the computer removes emotion from the equation the net results would be about the best we could hope for as a definitive answer.

If it were only that easy we could settle a good number of debates in a similar manner.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   doghouse wrote: " As I stated, I did 24 years with the 75th airborne Rangers.  In that time I served overseas for 16 years and completed 6 different combat tours."

MY response:

"I almost never post here anymore,but I would like to hear more about that,starting with when your service with the 75th Abn Rangers began."

@doghouse

Yoo,HOO! Anybody home at the doghouse?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
   doghouse wrote: " As I stated, I did 24 years with the 75th airborne Rangers.  In that time I served overseas for 16 years and completed 6 different combat tours."

MY response:

"I almost never post here anymore,but I would like to hear more about that,starting with when your service with the 75th Abn Rangers began."

@doghouse

Yoo,HOO! Anybody home at the doghouse?

bttt :pondering:

Offline Rivergirl

The bullying from trumpsters takes the form of threats to life and limb of the target as well as threats to the life and limb of their children.
Somehow the bullying and denigrating of Joe the plumber was unacceptable with little more than revelations of his personal information.
This new type of threat seems to be just fine with the trumpsters.
How pathetic is this hypocrisy?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The bullying from trumpsters takes the form of threats to life and limb of the target as well as threats to the life and limb of their children.
Somehow the bullying and denigrating of Joe the plumber was unacceptable with little more than revelations of his personal information.
This new type of threat seems to be just fine with the trumpsters.
How pathetic is this hypocrisy?

I'm seeing a new surge of threats from Russian Trump fans on twitter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Seems to me the gist here centers around violence -  is the Trump Mob more violent or less violent than the Hillary Mob?

If we were to be purely analytical about the subject we would need to employ a computer with the ability to tabulate violent incidents and designate blame to one side or the other.  We would also need to define a time frame, the last 2 years, the last 20 years, etc.  And lastly we'd also require some sort of concrete definition of what exactly constitutes a violent act.

Assuming that all could be done in a purely analytical fashion (it cannot) the net result would be an unbiased print out with 2 columns and a total at the bottom of each.  Those totals would theoretically settle the debate.  Because the computer removes emotion from the equation the net results would be about the best we could hope for as a definitive answer.

If it were only that easy we could settle a good number of debates in a similar manner.

Trump mob threatens violence, the Hillary mob commits violence, often.