Author Topic: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz  (Read 15056 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2016, 12:45:09 pm »
I'll never forget Perry saying that you were heartless for not supporting in state tuition for illegals.

He's a loser.

Yeah, and after running on building a border fence (Gee, where have I heard that before?) he came out a week after he was elected and said, "ain't gonna happen".
It turns out that H.E.B. grocery chain and PERRY Home builders, two of his biggest backers, were against that. Wonder why?

Also, the Eminent Domain issue for his super highway to Michigan.
Thank goodness, that got shot down.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2016, 01:03:03 pm »
I don't live in Texas, but in talking to people who do -- I think Ted Cruz still has enough support to win re-election.  However, in supporting Trump, he may have killed whatever chances he may have had to win the presidency, should he decide to run again.

It will depend on who challenges Cruz in the primary. If Cruz is challenged by a popular Republcan like Dan Patrick or Greg Abbett Cruz will be in trouble. I think even G. P. Bush could give him a run for the money.

Cruz turned a lot of people off with his dirty tricks, lying campaign.  Trump voters in Texas are not happy with him. However his 11th hour endorsement of Trump did heal the wounds a little bit.

If a solid conservative takes on Cruz then I'll not be voting Cruz in the primary. However I will vote R in the general no matter who that R is.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2016, 01:05:01 pm »
Michael McCaul has an F rating (56%) on the CR scorecard.

Not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to replace one of the most conservative members of Congress with a milquetoast Cornyn clone.

Unless of course they were never really a conservative to begin with.

Michael McCaul is a TOTAL squish!  Kinda like a younger Juan McCain.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2016, 01:05:53 pm »
Michael McCaul is a TOTAL squish!  Kinda like a younger Juan McCain.

That's the way I see it,also.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2016, 01:08:08 pm »
It will depend on who challenges Cruz in the primary. If Cruz is challenged by a popular Republcan like Dan Patrick or Greg Abbett Cruz will be in trouble. I think even G. P. Bush could give him a run for the money.

Cruz turned a lot of people off with his dirty tricks, lying campaign.  Trump voters in Texas are not happy with him. However his 11th hour endorsement of Trump did heal the wounds a little bit.

If a solid conservative takes on Cruz then I'll not be voting Cruz in the primary. However I will vote R in the general no matter who that R is.

As usual you are full of it!  To the brim in fact!  Ted Cruyz is 100 time more conservative than Dan Goeb (Now Patrick) from Maryland ever thought about being and Abbot won't even consider running against Cruz.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2016, 01:09:07 pm »
I believe the threat from Trump and those in Congress who supported him was in part the reason Cruz stated he was voting for Trump.  Trump holds grudges.  He also threatened Kasich; but Kasich reaches his term limit in 2018.  I believe Ryan supported him for much the same reason.

The RNC flat out said that any R that did not honor their pledge to support the GOP nominee would never again receive any help from the RNC.  That is when Cruz decided to endorse Trump, the RNC put a gun to his head since he is up for reelection in 2018.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2016, 01:10:38 pm »

Oh, give it up, @jpsb!  Yes, Cruz challenged your guy and in a Trump world that is unforgivable, but remember, we're not in a Trump world and stuff like that comes off as the gibberish it is.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »
The RNC flat out said that any R that did not honor their pledge to support the GOP nominee would never again receive any help from the RNC.  That is when Cruz decided to endorse Trump, the RNC put a gun to his head since he is up for reelection in 2018.

When Trump loses, Priebus will be gone and that threat will be out the window. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2016, 01:12:02 pm »
Michael McCaul has an F rating (56%) on the CR scorecard.

Not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to replace one of the most conservative members of Congress with a milquetoast Cornyn clone.

Unless of course they were never really a conservative to begin with.
The Conservative Review has zero creditably. It's a Cruz SuperPac and a #NeverTrump HQ like the National Review.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »
The Conservative Review has zero creditably. It's a Cruz SuperPac and a #NeverTrump HQ like the National Review.

Only in your little Trump-world.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2016, 01:16:10 pm »

CR is edited by Levin; but true, it has no cred.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2016, 01:30:55 pm »
As usual you are full of it!  To the brim in fact!  Ted Cruyz is 100 time more conservative than Dan Goeb (Now Patrick) from Maryland ever thought about being and Abbot won't even consider running against Cruz.

Ted Cruz is a lying flip floppier. A uniparty globalist except when he gets caught when he switches sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa2FU69HSag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIfSK-S5gA

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2016, 01:34:11 pm »
CR is edited by Levin; but true, it has no cred.

And, in your world, Breitbart does.

/snicker
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2016, 01:39:22 pm »
Cruz turned a lot of people off with his dirty tricks, lying campaign.

So what was the lie?  I have been asking that question for several months, yet I can't find a single Trump sycophant who can name one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2016, 01:41:49 pm »

If you really want Trump to win on Tuesday, stop reminding people what a scumbag Donald is and what idiots his supporters are.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2016, 01:43:48 pm »
Ted Cruz is a lying flip floppier. A uniparty globalist except when he gets caught when he switches sides.

My concern is that the negligence of a few will adversely affect the majority. I've long been a believer in the "look at the solution, not the problem" theory. In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability.

-Donald Trump-

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/22/business/opinion-donald-trump-europe/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2016, 01:45:36 pm »
So what was the lie?  I have been asking that question for several months, yet I can't find a single Trump sycophant who can name one.

I just posted three videos of Cruz lying.  He lied about legal status for illegals (he was for it) he lied about wanting to greatly increase legal immigration and H1B vitas and he lied about being against TPP. Lots more but I am not going to brother documenting them since you will simply ignore the evidence.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2016, 01:48:09 pm »

Your time is better spent avoiding those who imbibe, and recycle, Orange Kool-Aid.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2016, 01:49:40 pm »
I just posted three videos of Cruz lying.  He lied about legal status for illegals (he was for it) he lied about wanting to greatly increase legal immigration and H1B vitas and he lied about being against TPP. Lots more but I am not going to brother documenting them since you will simply ignore the evidence.

Son, if that's how you define "lying", then how can you be supporting Trump, who changes his positions more often than Hillary changes her Depends.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2016, 01:50:23 pm »

You are referring to opinions that Cruz has had.  Cruz has already explained his opinions and why he changed them.  But nowhere did he lie about them.

But you did not name a single lie.  So again, where is the lie?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2016, 01:52:44 pm »
Your time is better spent avoiding those who imbibe, and recycle, Orange Kool-Aid.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2016, 01:55:38 pm »
Son, if that's how you define "lying", then how can you be supporting Trump, who changes his positions more often than Hillary changes her Depends.

But . . . but . . . but that's different.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2016, 01:56:50 pm »
IMHO the idiots are the ones helping elect Hillary. In the real world it's either Hillary or Trump, choose carefully.

Why are you running down Cruz? He isn't running for President on Tuesday, Trump is.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2016, 01:57:01 pm »

:thumbsup:

Cruz, Rubio, Ryan, these people have endorsed him. It is in this, that is highly questionable where so-called "Never Trumpers" now break with their candidate.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »

You really ask that?

How about when the Cruz campaign apologized to Kasich for saying he took money from Soros, or saying Ben Carson was dropping out in Iowa or Rubio in Hawaii or saying Rubio said of the Bible, "there are not many answers in that book"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/once-again-cruz-campaign-caught-pushing-fake-smear-of-rubio/

Rubio called that campaign the dirtiest one, top to bottom he'd ever seen.