Author Topic: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz  (Read 15126 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2016, 02:41:01 pm »
So he says, but I do not believe it.

He sounds very sincere and he correctly predicted that the bill would fail without his  amendment but would pass with his amendment. Why would he offer an amendment that would cause the bill to pass if he wanted to see it fail? Makes no sense what so ever.

Makes no sense perhaps to you, but makes absolutely perfect sense to me.

Ted Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2016, 02:41:45 pm »
I'm voting for Trump, and Cruz was not my guy for most of the primary.  I'm no "Cruzer".

That being said, this issue of him supporting amnesty is simply not fair. He was using a time-honored political trick of offering legislation for the purpose of making his political opponents vote against it. In this case, his goal was to show that Democrats actually wanted citizenship and not just legal status for illegals. Therefore, he proposed an amendment offering legal status but not citizenship, and Democrats opposed it,as he knew and intended they would.

He wasn't trying to get anything passed. He was trying to force the Democrats to expose their true goals on the issue. And again, I say this as someone who is voting for Trump.

There's also another time honored tradition in politics: using that information against your opponent.  ^-^

Online Hoodat

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2016, 02:43:12 pm »
Why would he offer an amendment that would cause the bill to pass if he wanted to see it fail? Makes no sense what so ever.

Cruz offered an amendment that would cause the bill to fail which is what Cruz wanted.  It's not complicated.

The Amendment failed.  The bill passed.  Cruz voted against it.  Again, not complicated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2016, 02:43:39 pm »
So where is the lie?  Put your keyboard to use and type it out.  I want to see this statement where Cruz said something he knew not to be true in order to deceive others.  Kind of like you are doing now.

I'm giving up on you, you ignore the evidence I've posted. I could move on to other lies but you would again ignore evidence. So continuing the discussion with you is pointless.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2016, 02:44:43 pm »
Not True.  CruzT said he was endorsing Trump and he encouraged everybody to vote for Trump.  That's all in.

I voted for McMullin.  I guess that's "useless and gutless" to you.

I live in Texas and will see who primaries Cruz.  I've never liked Cruz, so there's that.

You are free to vote for whom you want.  I have found that those who don't like Cruz; actually have flat out told me that they feel he's either he's too conservative or too religious. I proudly chose to continue to support the too conservative, too religious Senator from TX.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2016, 02:44:44 pm »
Thank you, sir.  Your integrity is showing.

LOL so he was lying to the committee? Too funny.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2016, 02:47:12 pm »
There's also another time honored tradition in politics: using that information against your opponent.  ^-^

There is a tradition in Democrat politics to use information like that, spin it in a way that is the opposite of how it really is, and then use that information to slam your Conservative opponent long after the primaries are over.

Most people would call it 'L-Y-I-N-G'.  Funny that you would attach the word 'honor' to it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2016, 02:50:31 pm »
LOL so he was lying to the committee? Too funny.

Show me the lie.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2016, 02:54:06 pm »
He's standing with his party at a time when his support is needed for the good of the country.
Most of what you say is simply not true. I've make my case so I'll not repeat it here.

I will give Cruz credit for finally, with a gun to his head, endorsing Trump. He is back on my acceptable list for 2018, but I keep a very close eye on my junior Senator. I have a trust issues with him.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2016, 02:56:23 pm »
@jpsb posts a video of Cruz submitting an amendment that would triple the number of border guards, as evidence that Cruz is a liar?  Seriously?

What a dumbass!
Trumpanoiacs live in their own little world, complete with their own language (e.g., "neoconglobalists", "cuckservatives"), their own padded cell publications (e.g., Blightbart, Hateway Pundit) and their own celebrity radio hosts who helpfully reinforce their anger and sense of alienation.

I myself might vote for Trump just to stop the Hell that is Hillary, but it would only encourage people who scare me even more. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jpsb

« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »
Makes no sense perhaps to you, but makes absolutely perfect sense to me.

Ted Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!
Then perhaps you can explain why Cruz would offer an amendment that would cause the bill to pass when he wants to see the bill fail. This should be interesting.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2016, 03:03:42 pm »
I keep a very close eye on my junior Senator. I have a trust issues with him.

Just curious, when Trump says that he will enact a $1 trillion 'stimulus' bill his first year in office - larger than Obama's 'stimulus' in 2009 - do you trust that he will do it?  Or when Trump says that he likes Obamacare mandates, do you trust that he will make them part of Trumpcare?  Or how about when Trump says that he favors taxpayer subsidies for Planned Parenthood?  Do you you trust that Trump will ensure that those continue?

Or what about his new Child Care entitlement proposal?  Do you trust that Trump will follow through?  Or how about his pledge to expedite the return of deported illegals, granting them legal status?  Is this something you trust Trump will do?  Or what about his statement about the government picking up the tab for the health care bills of those without insurance?  When Trump says this, do you trust that the mighty Trump will get it done?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2016, 03:05:10 pm »
Then perhaps you can explain why Cruz would offer an amendment that would cause the bill to pass when he wants to see the bill fail. This should be interesting.

Cruz offered an amendment that would cause the bill to fail.  Yet for some reason you continue to lie about it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2016, 03:08:26 pm »

@jpsb

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ted-cruz-poison-bill-amendments-killed/2015/12/18/id/706450/

Cruz: 'Poison Pill' Amendments Killed Rubio's 'Gang of Eight' Bill

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said Friday that he proposed five amendments that would bar citizenship and other benefits for illegal immigrants as a "poison pill" to kill rival Marco Rubio's "Gang of Eight" legislation in 2013.

"My amendment was a one-page amendment that said anyone here illegally is permanently ineligible for citizenship," the first-term Texas senator told Greta Van Susteren on Fox News. "It was calling their bluff because what it did was revealed hypocrisy."

"I used the language of the Democrats who were pushing it," Cruz said. "I have never once supported legalization. I do not now and will never."

In May 2013, Cruz introduced the five amendments to the Gang of Eight immigration bill, of which Rubio was among four Republican sponsors. The leading Democratic supporter was New York Sen. Chuck Schumer.

One amendment would "ensure that illegal immigrants are not given a path to citizenship," while another would involve "doubling the overall worldwide green card caps from 675,000 visas per year to 1.35 million per year." The amendments were defeated in the committee.

The legalization amendment sparked a tense exchange between Cruz and Rubio, both first-term senators and sons of Cuban immigrants, at Tuesday's fifth Republican debate in Las Vegas.

Rubio contended that Cruz backed it.

In her interview Friday, Van Susteren pressed Cruz on that amendment specifically, citing a June 2013 letter that he and three other anti-immigration senators wrote on the legalization issue.

"Your strategy was to put in this poison-pill amendment?" she asked.

"Five amendments that were all designed to defeat this — and we succeeded," Cruz responded. "What's happening now is that the Washington establishment is in a panic."

The senator said that Rubio's campaign is in trouble because he supported immigration reform with the overall legislation — "conservatives are uniting behind our campaign" — and that since Washington insiders "can't defend what he did, they're trying to say that everybody else did it, too."

"The Washington establishment is furious," Cruz said.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2016, 03:09:49 pm »
I'm giving up on you, you ignore the evidence I've posted.

The only thing you are giving up on is coming up with a lie that Cruz told.  For almost a year now, you have had ample opportunity to post one, but it is clear that such a feat has proved too difficult for you to handle.

I have had many many years of experience arguing liberals who use these same tired liberal tactics.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2016, 03:13:23 pm »

@jpsb

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ted-cruz-poison-bill-amendments-killed/2015/12/18/id/706450/

"I have never once supported legalization. I do not now and will never."

-Ted Cruz-

Compare that with Trump who says he wants to expedite the return of deported illegals back into the US, granting them legal status.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2016, 03:24:52 pm »
Just curious, when Trump says that he will enact a $1 trillion 'stimulus' bill his first year in office - larger than Obama's 'stimulus' in 2009 - do you trust that he will do it?  Or when Trump says that he likes Obamacare mandates, do you trust that he will make them part of Trumpcare?  Or how about when Trump says that he favors taxpayer subsidies for Planned Parenthood?  Do you you trust that Trump will ensure that those continue?

Or what about his new Child Care entitlement proposal?  Do you trust that Trump will follow through?  Or how about his pledge to expedite the return of deported illegals, granting them legal status?  Is this something you trust Trump will do?  Or what about his statement about the government picking up the tab for the health care bills of those without insurance?  When Trump says this, do you trust that the mighty Trump will get it done?

Issues! Yipee!

The House controls spending so Trump can't do a trillion dollar stimulus all by himself.  To me it's a non-issue.

Trump has said he will call a special session of Congress to repeal the ACA. I believe he will do just that. Trump "plan" is to let loose the private market to drive down health insurance costs. I think that is a good idea, however those that can not afford insurance will not he left to die on the streets. Something will be done for the very poor and I am ok with that too.

I disagree with Trump on PP, defund it completely, it is a evil organization whose primary business is killing the unborn.

I trust Trump to secure the border and enforce existing immigration laws. We will lose the country if this is not done this election cycle.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2016, 03:27:13 pm »
Compare that with Trump who says he wants to expedite the return of deported illegals back into the US, granting them legal status.

And, that is why it's necessary to tear Cruz down.  He represents all that our current candidates don't and makes them look bad in comparison.

Online corbe

« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2016, 03:28:46 pm »
The House controls spending so Trump can't do a trillion dollar stimulus all by himself.  To me it's a non-issue.

That has worked so well in the last 8 years.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »

To me, it is utter hypocrisy.  Unless of course you supported Obama in 2008, in which case it would make perfect sense.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2016, 03:34:17 pm »

@jpsb

Cruz killed nothing, the amendments Cruz proposed were never adopted.

Cruz correctly predicted that without his amendments "gang of eight" would die in the House. He also correctly said with his amendments "gang of eight" would pass in the House. One does not amend a bill to make it more likely to pass if one wishes to see the bill fail. This is very simple logic.

Cruz was trying to make gang of eight a better bill, one that could have passed in the House.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2016, 03:36:57 pm »
To me, it is utter hypocrisy.  Unless of course you supported Obama in 2008, in which case it would make perfect sense.
The House does not control spending?

Online corbe

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2016, 03:39:41 pm »
Cruz killed nothing, the amendments Cruz proposed were never adopted.

Cruz correctly predicted that without his amendments "gang of eight" would die in the House. He also correctly said with his amendments "gang of eight" would pass in the House. One does not amend a bill to make it more likely to pass if one wishes to see the bill fail. This is very simple logic.

Cruz was trying to make gang of eight a better bill, one that could have passed in the House.

@jpsb  Is English your First Language?  I don't mean that as an Insult, it just seems your reading (English) comprehension is severely lacking.

I hate to break it to you, but, you and @sinkspur do have something in common- Your Hate for Ted Cruz.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2016, 03:43:14 pm »
Issues! Yipee!

Yes, anything to divert attention away from your continued failure to produce a lie that Ted Cruz told.  However, your sincerity regarding your excitement to discuss the issues must be brought into question since the 'Lying Ted' meme was brought up in just your second offering on this thread.  You have had numerous opportunities to discuss "issues", yet chose to offer up lies about Ted Cruz instead.  Now why is that?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2016, 03:46:55 pm »
The House does not control spending?

Strawman.  The House has nothing to do with Trump's 'stimulus' proposal.

Let's take two candidates.  One proposes a $850 billion stimulus bill.  The other proposes a $1 trillion stimulus bill.

Which of the two is the more liberal?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-