Author Topic: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz  (Read 15118 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2016, 02:01:11 pm »
You are referring to opinions that Cruz has had.  Cruz has already explained his opinions and why he changed them.  But nowhere did he lie about them.

But you did not name a single lie.  So again, where is the lie?
This is why it is futile to even try to talk to a Cruzer. I posted a video of Cruz supporting legal status for illegals. However on the campaign Cruz said he was against legal status for illegals.

I also posted a video where Cruz is supporting TPA/TPP, I could post a link to an editorial Cruz wrote in support of TPA/TPP too. Once again on the campaign trail he claimed to be against TPP.

Cruz tried to greatly increase legal immigration and H1B visa (650% increase) but again on the campaign trail he says he was against that.

Water under the bridge, until 2018 that is.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2016, 02:03:00 pm »
IMHO the idiots are the ones helping elect Hillary. In the real world it's either Hillary or Trump, choose carefully.

Don't you just love the level of argumentation coming out of #NeverTrump.

I heard a brilliant point on another thread aimed at a Trump supporter. It was something like, "you urinate Orange."

What a devastating argument. The acumen, the intellect. Whoa, Paint! You're working up a froth!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2016, 02:04:37 pm »
I just posted three videos of Cruz lying.

OMG, are you friggin' serious?  There are only two things that can be derived from your statement.  Either that you have never watched the videos since it is clear from them that Cruz is supporting those who oppose granting legal status to illegals.  Or that you are a complete fool.  Or more likely that you are a liar.

Which is why you are unable to come up with that lie that Cruz told.  Because there isn't one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »
The RNC flat out said that any R that did not honor their pledge to support the GOP nominee would never again receive any help from the RNC.  That is when Cruz decided to endorse Trump, the RNC put a gun to his head since he is up for reelection in 2018.

Agree. I heard the statement Priebus gave. He was adamant. No support for the Republican nominee? Then expect no support from the RNC. Clear as a bell.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2016, 02:07:27 pm »
Son, if that's how you define "lying", then how can you be supporting Trump, who changes his positions more often than Hillary changes her Depends.

Trump has explain to my satisfaction why he, as a developer in a very liberal part of the country,  has taken the positions he has. I am willing to take a chance on Trump because I am pretty sure Hillary will do all she is promising to do. With Trump we (conservatives/patriots) live to fight another day with Hillary "It's a thousand years of darkness".

Offline aligncare

« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2016, 02:08:06 pm »
This is why it is futile to even try to talk to a Cruzer. I posted a video of Cruz supporting legal status for illegals. However on the campaign Cruz said he was against legal status for illegals.

I also posted a video where Cruz is supporting TPA/TPP, I could post a link to an editorial Cruz wrote in support of TPA/TPP too. Once again on the campaign trail he claimed to be against TPP.

Cruz tried to greatly increase legal immigration and H1B visa (650% increase) but again on the campaign trail he says he was against that.

Water under the bridge, until 2018 that is.

I often say, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2016, 02:08:17 pm »
@jpsb posts a video of Cruz submitting an amendment that would triple the number of border guards, as evidence that Cruz is a liar?  Seriously?

What a dumbass!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2016, 02:09:39 pm »

Why are you running down Cruz? He isn't running for President on Tuesday, Trump is.

This thread is about Cruz and 2018. Cruz has some explaining to do.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2016, 02:09:49 pm »
I often say, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Speaking of brick walls, I had asked you months back to cite the lie that Cruz told.  I might as well have asked that question to a brick wall since the response was the same.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2016, 02:14:55 pm »
I see Jerusalem Post reports Trump wins the exit polls on the absentee vote in Israel.

http://www.jpost.com/US-Elections/Exclusive-Trump-beats-Clinton-in-Israeli-absentee-voter-exit-poll-471561

I wonder, should some smear be asserted on the anti-Trumpers over this.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2016, 02:16:51 pm »
Trump has explain to my satisfaction why he, as a developer in a very liberal part of the country,  has taken the positions he has.

That one is easy.  It is because Trump is a liberal.

See:
  • New $1 trillion stimulus bill
  • Support of Obamacare mandates
  • More taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood
  • New federal child care entitlement program
  • New student loan forgiveness for deadbeat students who get women's studies degrees from liberal universities

With Trump we (conservatives/patriots) live to fight another day with Hillary "It's a thousand years of darkness".

Did Rudolf Hess help you write that?  It sounds like it came straight out of Mein Kampf.  Get ready for the thousand year Reich.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2016, 02:19:53 pm »
Speaking of brick walls, I had asked you months back to cite the lie that Cruz told.  I might as well have asked that question to a brick wall since the response was the same.

Rand Paul is telling the truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-BcZPrIA0

As this proves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

Offline aligncare

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2016, 02:24:34 pm »
I see Jerusalem Post reports Trump wins the exit polls on the absentee vote in Israel.

http://www.jpost.com/US-Elections/Exclusive-Trump-beats-Clinton-in-Israeli-absentee-voter-exit-poll-471561

I wonder, should some smear be asserted on the anti-Trumpers over this.

That's a lie! Everyone knows Donny hates Jews and puppies. It's all over the internet.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2016, 02:24:52 pm »
When somebody says something in 2013, isn't he, after some thought and taking things into consideration, allowed to change his mind?

I don't mind a flip-flopper as long as he flips to the right side of an issue.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2016, 02:25:01 pm »
Did Rudolf Hess help you write that?  It sounds like it came straight out of Mein Kampf.  Get ready for the thousand year Reich.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230043.0.html

Online Hoodat

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2016, 02:25:14 pm »

Perhaps you should have clicked on the article and read it before copying and pasting from some other board:

The total number of votes coming from Israel, 30,000, is significantly lower than voter turnout in Israel in 2012, which some say is because of the candidates running.

Further investigation would have brought you to this:

Absentee-voter exit poll: Trump wins Israel by 65 points less than Romney did

iVote Israel and the US Vote Foundation each reported 15,000 Americans in Israel using their services, much lower than the 80,000 reported in 2012.

Republican nominee Donald J. Trump won the US presidential vote among American citizens voting from Israel, according to an iVoteIsrael exit poll taken this week, but in an election plagued with low favorability ratings for both candidates, he had a far less impressive showing than Republicans did in Israel in the past.

As The Jerusalem Post exclusively reported on Wednesday, Trump received 49% of the Israeli-American vote, while Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton got 44%, according to the poll conducted by get-out-the-vote organization iVoteIsrael and KEEVOON Global Research.

Trump’s lead is significantly less than 2012 Republican candidate Mitt Romney’s was among Israeli-Americans. Romney received 84% of the vote, as opposed to 14% for US President Barack Obama’s reelection. In 2008, 76% of Americans in Israel voted for Republican John McCain and 24% for Obama.

The majority of voters in Israel viewed the candidates unfavorably, with Trump receiving a 65% unfavorable rating and 32% favorable, netting -33, and Clinton seen as 64% unfavorable and 34% favorable, with a net rating of -30.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Absentee-voter-exit-poll-Trump-wins-Israel-by-65-points-less-than-Romney-did-471569

So in your lemming-line haste to copy and paste something that was handed to you by someone else, you end up posting an article proving exactly how unpopular Trump is.  Priceless.

But then if Trump supporters actually had the ability to reason and think it through first, they wouldn't be Trump supporters.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2016, 02:26:34 pm »

I'm voting for Trump, and Cruz was not my guy for most of the primary.  I'm no "Cruzer".

That being said, this issue of him supporting amnesty is simply not fair. He was using a time-honored political trick of offering legislation for the purpose of making his political opponents vote against it. In this case, his goal was to show that Democrats actually wanted citizenship and not just legal status for illegals. Therefore, he proposed an amendment offering legal status but not citizenship, and Democrats opposed it,as he knew and intended they would.

He wasn't trying to get anything passed. He was trying to force the Democrats to expose their true goals on the issue. And again, I say this as someone who is voting for Trump.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:29:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2016, 02:28:06 pm »
Rand Paul is telling the truth

So where is the lie?  Put your keyboard to use and type it out.  I want to see this statement where Cruz said something he knew not to be true in order to deceive others.  Kind of like you are doing now.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2016, 02:29:46 pm »
I'm voting for Trump, and Cruz was not my guy for most of the primary.  I'm no "Cruzer".

That being said, this issue of him supporting amnesty is simply not fair. He was using a time-honored political trick of offering legislation for the purpose of making his political opponents vote against it. In this case, his goal was to show that Democrats actually wanted citizenship and not just legal status for illegals. Therefore, he proposed an amendment offering legal status but not citizenship, and Democrats opposed it, as he knew and intended they would.

He wasn't trying to get anything passed. He was trying to force the Democrats to expose their true goals on the issue. And again, I say this as someone who is voting for Trump.

Thank you, sir.  Your integrity is showing.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »
This thread is about Cruz and 2018. Cruz has some explaining to do.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion about Cruz; but before you go spewing your b.s. any further, perhaps you might just want to do a little bit more research on the guy instead of repeating leftist talking points.  You should be thanking him for retaining our rights under the 2nd amendment, our sovereignty, standing up to the cartel, etc., and yes, supporting the nominee of the party that he belongs to.  He never stated he likes Trump, never stated he endorses him, he's supporting party and trying to stop Hillary. He took Trump at his word that he would appoint Supreme Court justices in line with Scalia; a critical issue and one of extreme importance to Cruz and should be to anyone with half a brain.  What good at this point would it do the country for Cruz to NOT try to do whatever he can to stop Hillary??

BTW the allegations of Cruz's stance on illegal immigration were proven to be unfounded and false during the primary.  Perhaps you missed it ... you might want to research that as well.

Secondly, I would invite you to find anyone in the Senate who has argued (conservatively) more cases before the Supreme Court than Ted. I would invite you to find anyone who stood up publicly and announced the liberal actions of Mitch McConnell other than Ted.  I would invite you to compare his voting record against any others in the Senate and show me anyone who has a better voting record (you may find 2 or 3 at best) than his.

He's standing with his party at a time when his support is needed for the good of the country.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:39:26 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2016, 02:31:15 pm »

I don't mind a flip-flopper as long as he flips to the right side of an issue.

Agreed, but they have to be believable too. Trump is not beholden to the globalist uniparty so I find him believable on many issues where as I'd suspect and uniparty guy of lying where he to take Trumps positions.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2016, 02:33:00 pm »
Night Hides Not may have said something negative but it is not as bad or boorish as HonestJohn's words that make him appear to be a one trick pony in accusing others of racism but remarkably, always ignoring when the same kinds of stories say so about the Democratic party, defending Hillary and really appearing to be a promoter of godless anti-Christian multi-culturalism as the new religion, in other words, communism.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2016, 02:38:16 pm »
Agree. I heard the statement Priebus gave. He was adamant. No support for the Republican nominee? Then expect no support from the RNC. Clear as a bell.

The Establishment has spoken.

It's either Trump or death.

Trump . . . death.
Trump . . . death.
Trump . . . death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9a5-E5Zk3w

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2016, 02:38:17 pm »
That being said, this issue of him supporting amnesty is simply not fair. He was using a time-honored political trick of offering legislation for the purpose of making his political opponents vote against it. In this case, his goal was to show that Democrats actually wanted citizenship and not just legal status for illegals. Therefore, he proposed an amendment offering legal status but not citizenship, and Democrats opposed it,as he knew and intended they would.

So he says, but I do not believe it.

He sounds very sincere and he correctly predicted that the bill would fail without his  amendment but would pass with his amendment. Why would he offer an amendment that would cause the bill to pass if he wanted to see it fail? Makes no sense what so ever.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2016, 02:41:00 pm »
Not True.  CruzT said he was endorsing Trump and he encouraged everybody to vote for Trump.  That's all in.

I voted for McMullin.  I guess that's "useless and gutless" to you.

I live in Texas and will see who primaries Cruz.  I've never liked Cruz, so there's that.

Wow...there's a surprise!   Not!