Author Topic: Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag  (Read 21712 times)

geronl

Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag
« on: October 31, 2016, 09:48:38 pm »
That is how you appeal to the conservative Christians, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFXhCP412g&feature=share

HAPPY2BME

geronl

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:54:31 pm »
Democrats gotta democrat.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 09:56:55 pm »
The Laura Bush thing was a pretty lame attempt at deflection.

@AbaraXas

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 09:58:30 pm »

A veritable PARAGON of Conservatism and Christian virtue...

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 10:02:04 pm »
Seems to be intent on going after the democratic base.
Good luck.
It didn't help Romney that he had enacted Romneycare and same sex marriage when he was Governor.

Offline Axel

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 10:30:59 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFXhCP412g&feature=share

Perfunctory post from one of the forums lowest quality posters. What is the average word count in your posts? I'm always shocked to see you put more than one sentence worth of effort into your posts.

The selection of Mike Pence was insufficient to assuage your group of castaways, so it should come as little surprise that you're still whining and complaining about representation. Why should any politician care what you think, since you've already said you're not voting for either Clinton or Trump? Never means never, which means your negotiating power in the political sphere is nil. This is political exile, and you willingly placed yourself in it. But at least you can get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside when you cast your 3rd party ballot.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 10:54:22 pm »
Laura Bush is not asking for my vote.

Poor, sad HAPPY is OBSESSED with Laura Bush's views on abortion.

Maybe she wasn't well enough informed to know Laura wasn't on the ballot........ or isn't now.

Or maybe she wrote Laura's name in and is ticked because she didn't do her homework before she voted.

Or maybe she just posts that incessantly to try to pretend that her beloved Donald isn't FAR MORE PRO-ABORTION than even Laura Bush was.

Happy has issues.........
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:54:56 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 10:57:04 pm »
The Laura Bush thing was a pretty lame attempt at deflection.

@AbaraXas

HAPPY does that ALL the time.

Funny thing is, that it doesn't change the FACT that DONALD TRUMP is a flaming LIBERAL.

If it's wrong for Laura to be pro-abortion, then logically it's wrong for Trump to be pro-abortion.

But to come to that conclusion, you can't be a mindless Trump addict.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 11:00:53 pm »
Donny farts rainbows he is so into gays.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 11:01:18 pm »
Perfunctory post from one of the forums lowest quality posters. What is the average word count in your posts? I'm always shocked to see you put more than one sentence worth of effort into your posts.

The selection of Mike Pence was insufficient to assuage your group of castaways, so it should come as little surprise that you're still whining and complaining about representation. Why should any politician care what you think, since you've already said you're not voting for either Clinton or Trump? Never means never, which means your negotiating power in the political sphere is nil. This is political exile, and you willingly placed yourself in it. But at least you can get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside when you cast your 3rd party ballot.

Ya know pal, I got much more than a warm and fuzzy feeling when I cast my vote for a 3rd party candidate. It actually was a feeling I first got long ago, maybe in grade school, when I first learned there was the easy way to do things and there was the right way to do things. The right way gives a feeling that is much more than warm and fuzzy, and the wrong way leaves one as cold as the dead soul they are carrying around inside. That there are moral people that deserve and have earned respect and there are degenerates who not only don't deserve ones respect they deserve everyones scorn.

I voted for neither amoral fool and I can/have  easily explained why to my kids. If anyone tried to explain their vote for either Trump or Clinton to my kids they would laugh in your face. I'm very very proud of that....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 11:03:29 pm »
Ya know pal, I got much more than a warm and fuzzy feeling when I cast my vote for a 3rd party candidate. It actually was a feeling I first got long ago, maybe in grade school, when I first learned there was the easy way to do things and there was the right way to do things. The right way gives a feeling that is much more than warm and fuzzy, and the wrong way leaves one as cold as the dead soul they are carrying around inside. That there are moral people that deserve and have earned respect and there are degenerates who not only don't deserve ones respect they deserve everyones scorn.

I voted for neither amoral fool and I can/have  easily explained why to my kids. If anyone tried to explain their vote for either Trump or Clinton to my kids they would laugh in your face. I'm very very proud of that....

Needs to be repeated, louder.

I guess some never learned that lesson.  Do the RIGHT thing. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 11:10:55 pm »
Seems to be intent on going after the democratic base.
Good luck.

This is what I am thinking.   A couple of years ago,  the "birthers",   of which I consider myself a member,   noticed Trump making noises about getting to the bottom of Obama's eligibility.   I instantly recognized it as pandering to this minority of hard core conservatives,   and my impression of the time was that he is probably angling to run for President and so now he's trying to make friends with some constituents of the Republican base.   

I actually didn't think it would work because no one would be dumb enough to fall for a Liberal New York Democrat like him trying to curry favor with some hard core members of the Republican base.   

I also think he was doing some racial dog whistling and I surmised he was doing this because he thought that racists made up a significant segment of the Republican base.  I surmised he got this idea from living in the social environment of New York where they have always called us racist hatemongers.   Trump was acting on the Caricature that he had grown up believing.   

All of this dovetails with my belief that he has no fixed ideology in the manner we understand the term.   He is a non-political guy who decided to run for President to reach the peak symbol of his life's narcissism.  Being President is the ultimate Ego boost for an Ego Junkie like Trump,   and he doesn't mind using underhanded tactics to do it.   

Thus he waves the rainbow flag once his supporters who would object are already safely in his camp and will not now make trouble over it.    He won't lose many for doing it,   but he might gain some from the Democrats by doing it.    He personally doesn't care one way or the other and he's just doing it in a cynical effort to win.   

He is in fact,  a pretty D@mn good politician,   and he has insulated himself from being cornered by changing his mind so many times that changing his mind again no longer brings much notice.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 11:14:11 pm »

Or maybe she just posts that incessantly to try to pretend that her beloved Donald isn't FAR MORE PRO-ABORTION than even Laura Bush was.

Don't care if he is,  so long as he appoints the conservative judges he agreed to nominate.   Now whether or not he will keep his word on this is a valid concern,   but a "maybe" with Trump is better than a "definitely not"  with Hillary.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 11:16:11 pm »
Needs to be repeated, louder.

I guess some never learned that lesson.  Do the RIGHT thing.

The right thing is surviving till the next Presidential election.   Letting Hillary win is as wrong as it gets. 

I hope you still have me on ignore.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 11:27:20 pm »
I'm very very proud of that....

And you should be. Do what's right, not what's easy - And normally, that's the choice.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 11:29:42 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 11:31:50 pm »

What you did there was take the easy way out. Unless you live in 2 or maybe 3 states that have a mildly competitive 3rd party candidate, you basically voted to not vote. There are two viable candidates in 48 states. One of those two are going to win that state. Telling yourself that some bullshit waste of time vote make you somehow morally superior is laughable.

You took the easy way out by not making the hard choice between two terrible candidates, one of which will be the next President regardless of what you tell yourself.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 11:32:32 pm »

The right thing is surviving till the next Presidential election.   Letting Hillary win is as wrong as it gets. 

Bullsh*t.

The right thing is always to stand on what you believe in.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:33:26 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 11:34:13 pm »

We do not expect stormtroopers for cults of personality to comprehend or understand the concept of principles, right or wrong, evil or righteousness.  Acolytes for political saviors and messiahs see no use for such things unless they can somehow benefit their monarch in the polls.   Moral imperatives and fundamental principles that will not bend or change to accommodate expedience are seen as nothing but foolishness.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 11:36:10 pm »
What you did there was take the easy way out. Unless you live in 2 or maybe 3 states that have a mildly competitive 3rd party candidate, you basically voted to not vote. There are two viable candidates in 48 states. One of those two are going to win that state. Telling yourself that some bullshit waste of time vote make you somehow morally superior is laughable.

You took the easy way out by not making the hard choice between two terrible candidates, one of which will be the next President regardless of what you tell yourself.

This is exactly right.    The only way it qualifies as a moral accomplishment is if it is painful.    If you let the cup pass before you,   you didn't confront the evil.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 11:37:01 pm »
Bullsh*t.

The right thing is always to stand on what you believe in.

Interesting premise,   but it could use some additional details.   Perhaps you could flesh it out a bit more? 

I believe in not having Nazified government goons knocking down my doors in the middle of the night.   

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:38:18 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 11:39:54 pm »

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
[/quote]:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:..surely you jest.

and obviously don't have kids 22222frying pan

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 11:41:28 pm »

Interesting premise,   but it could use some additional details.   Perhaps you could flesh it out a bit more? 

I believe in not having Nazified government goons knocking down my doors in the middle of the night.

Then you might wanna revisit your own camp that brags daily about hunting people down with dogs, getting revenge and standard issue Brownshirt bullshittery. Might wanna crack a history book while you're at it.