Author Topic: Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag  (Read 21713 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2016, 03:12:54 am »
Why should any politician care what you think, since you've already said you're not voting for either Clinton or Trump?

This is the strategic error of those who, for example, swear to oppose McConnell no matter what he does.

However, it doesn't have relevance to Trump/Hillary, who've not demonstrated any reason for support yet.  I will likely cast my vote for Evan McMullin tomorrow with a clear conscience and vision.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2016, 03:35:17 am »
Amazing how many gullible people are out there, isn't it?

Just think how many of us change our core beliefs at 70 when we're running for public office.

The number must be in the millions........    :smokin:

@musiclady

And after Bill Clinton asked us to run for that particular office.

Although, to be fair, I'm not sure if that really happened, or was just a rumor.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2016, 03:36:42 am »
A veritable PARAGON of Conservatism and Christian virtue...

@roamer_1

You picked up on that too?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2016, 03:40:41 am »
@roamer_1

You picked up on that too?

Like a lighthouse, shining like daylight across the water...

:whistle: :shrug:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:41:11 am by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2016, 03:45:05 am »
Not all gays are liberal. Some of the ones I know are gun owners, want small gov't and like most people here just want to be left alone and don't push their lifestyle on anyone.

@geronl

@mirraflake

I think an  :amen: is appropriate here.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2016, 04:24:19 am »
I think an  :amen: is appropriate here.

@mirraflake
@sneakypete

I surely don't. People who mind their own business have never been the point. It's the gay agenda that is on point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2016, 04:51:59 am »
@mirraflake
@sneakypete

I surely don't. People who mind their own business have never been the point. 

@roamer_1

That group won't include you,will it?

What is it you would do if you had the power? Would you make it illegal to be homosexual?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2016, 05:22:56 am »

Well there are many things that come with the gay agenda and it doesn't spell freedom of religion.  Take for instance the Bakery Owners who were forced out of business for not baking a gay cake.  What happened to "we reserve the right to refuse service"?  I have never thought of the GOP waving the gay flag.  I know there are Log Cabin Republicans.  But do they embrace laws that limit personal freedom to believe that the Bible is True?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DB

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2016, 05:40:11 am »

This is exactly right.    The only way it qualifies as a moral accomplishment is if it is painful.    If you let the cup pass before you,   you didn't confront the evil.

You aren't confronting it. You're joining it. So any evil that is less than Hillary's evil as determined by you is okay, for the greater good and all. You are driven by fear.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:35:39 am by DB »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2016, 05:44:38 am »
You aren't confronting it. You're joining it. So any evil that is less that Hillary's evil as determined by you is okay, for the greater good and all. You are driven by fear.

That is the word fear.  That is the thing with Christians they are allowing fear to justify voting for evil.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2016, 10:02:29 am »
That is how you appeal to the conservative Christians, I guess.

Just one of about 50 ways GOP's (less than brilliant faction) been duped.

OTOH, he has been quoted that the CBF belongs just in a museum.   FUDT.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:03:22 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2016, 10:37:06 am »
Short of an overwhelming number of dead people and illegals voting, I actually am leaning toward Donald Trump winning.  Unless these two pieces of Donald Trump behaving badly that allegedly are out there hit and actually do have the desired effect.

It's just too convenient that Hillary is falling to pieces right before we get to the election.

If and when he wins, everyone who defended him is going to be in for a rude awakening when he unleashes his inner progressive.

They'll be even more disappointed to find out that he was either the choice of the globalists all along, or they at least were ready and willing to adjust when they saw that Hillary was too damaged.

We were screwed either way in this election people.

Not as sure about the Trump win as you are, but it will be a lot closer than it was even a week ago, that's for sure.
I agree with everything else you have said.
One other aspect of that is a bit frightening:
Trump doesn't handle insults and criticism well. He can't let it go.
This could be detrimental in things as small as a fight over a bill in congress or as large as a threat of war from another country.
How far does he go to to get his "revenge" on those he thinks have "wronged" him?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:38:28 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2016, 11:15:11 am »

Well there are many things that come with the gay agenda and it doesn't spell freedom of religion.  Take for instance the Bakery Owners who were forced out of business for not baking a gay cake.  What happened to "we reserve the right to refuse service"?

@Chosen Daughter

We "lost" the right to Freedom of Association when the Communists took over control of the Dim Party and used that as a wedge issue to keep blacks and whites fighting each other,so the whole "homosexual thing" (NOT "gay"!) isn't even a factor.

Because of that absurd nonsense no one that is Caucasian can not decide who they will or will not rent or sell their property to,where their children can go to school,who they can refuse to hire or fire,etc,etc,etc.

Where were you when all that was going on?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2016, 11:17:22 am »
That is the word fear.  That is the thing with Christians they are allowing fear to justify voting for evil.

@Chosen Daughter

ROFLMAO! If it weren't for the fear of your "loving God" tossing your asses into a pit of fire to burn for all of eternity,you wouldn't be obedient Christians trying to use your fears to govern the rest of us.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2016, 11:31:39 am »

This is what I am thinking.   A couple of years ago,  the "birthers",   of which I consider myself a member,   noticed Trump making noises about getting to the bottom of Obama's eligibility.   I instantly recognized it as pandering to this minority of hard core conservatives,   and my impression of the time was that he is probably angling to run for President and so now he's trying to make friends with some constituents of the Republican base.   

I actually didn't think it would work because no one would be dumb enough to fall for a Liberal New York Democrat like him trying to curry favor with some hard core members of the Republican base.   

I also think he was doing some racial dog whistling and I surmised he was doing this because he thought that racists made up a significant segment of the Republican base.  I surmised he got this idea from living in the social environment of New York where they have always called us racist hatemongers.   Trump was acting on the Caricature that he had grown up believing.   

All of this dovetails with my belief that he has no fixed ideology in the manner we understand the term.   He is a non-political guy who decided to run for President to reach the peak symbol of his life's narcissism.  Being President is the ultimate Ego boost for an Ego Junkie like Trump,   and he doesn't mind using underhanded tactics to do it.   

Thus he waves the rainbow flag once his supporters who would object are already safely in his camp and will not now make trouble over it.    He won't lose many for doing it,   but he might gain some from the Democrats by doing it.    He personally doesn't care one way or the other and he's just doing it in a cynical effort to win.   

He is in fact,  a pretty D@mn good politician,   and he has insulated himself from being cornered by changing his mind so many times that changing his mind again no longer brings much notice.
He's a carnival barker, a mass manipulator, someone who knows how to play on the base emotions of fear, greed, and anger. He's doing a bang up job of it. I won't call him a salesman because that would be an insult to the multitude of honest people who daily go out there and find people their products will benefit, because he has no product but anger, fear, and greed.

I reckon that makes him a 'good' politician, but a statesman he isn't.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2016, 12:54:08 pm »

This is exactly right.    The only way it qualifies as a moral accomplishment is if it is painful.    If you let the cup pass before you,   you didn't confront the evil.

You should just shut up while you're ahead about folks who are voting third party.   At least they're not affirmatively voting to defeat Trump (that is, by voting for Hillary).   They are effectively voting to stay neutral in a lesser-of-two evils election.

But if you put the question to me directly about who's worse,  then I say Trump -  because he's just so friggin' nuts.  Hillary as President inspires no one and will be crippled from day one.  I for one fear the next four years under Trump far more than I do Hillary,  who will be under investigation from the moment she takes office.  Hillary can be dealt with and contained.    Trump?  He's just not stable. 

Would you rather me vote to defeat Trump or to stay neutral?   

Be careful what you wish for, bub.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2016, 01:23:18 pm »

But if you put the question to me directly about who's worse,  then I say Trump -  because he's just so friggin' nuts.

@Jazzhead

IMNSHO,She is so nuts she makes Trump appear to be semi-sane by comparison.

They are both ego-maniacs. Most politicians are or they wouldn't be politicians. Trump and Bubbette! are extreme cases,though.

Trump is an egomaniac that wants the world to love and admire  him.

Bubbette! is an egomanic that wants the world to fear her.

We see the extremes of Trump because we see him with no filters. What you see IS what you get.

With Bubbette!,she is not allowed anywhere near a microphone or reporter until she is sedated and coached to perfection,and the people running the show are given strict instructions as to what they can ask  her or even say to her. By the time Bubbette! makes a statement on anything it has already been through 17 layers of advisors,lawyers,and most likely,witch doctors. Yeah,we HEAR about her out of control screaming attacks as well as physical attacks on those around her when she it out of the public eye,but we don't get to see them.

There are no reports at all that I have ever heard of Trump having screaming fits and/or physically attacking anyone that works for him. None. MAYBE because he doesn't drink or do drugs,and Bubbette! does both,or maybe because of differing natures. Maybe even both.

Consider all this and tell me which one you would rather see in the WH next year.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2016, 02:02:28 pm »
That group won't include you,will it?

For the most part, yes it does. What folks do in the privacy of their own home ain't my business.

What is it you would do if you had the power? Would you make it illegal to be homosexual?

It ain't my place -  But considering it IS illegal in most counties and most states, I am content with that.
It ain't the Christians writing federal sodomy laws.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:03:50 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2016, 02:09:18 pm »
@Jazzhead

IMNSHO,She is so nuts she makes Trump appear to be semi-sane by comparison.

They are both ego-maniacs. Most politicians are or they wouldn't be politicians. Trump and Bubbette! are extreme cases,though.

Trump is an egomaniac that wants the world to love and admire  him.

Bubbette! is an egomanic that wants the world to fear her.

We see the extremes of Trump because we see him with no filters. What you see IS what you get.

With Bubbette!,she is not allowed anywhere near a microphone or reporter until she is sedated and coached to perfection,and the people running the show are given strict instructions as to what they can ask  her or even say to her. By the time Bubbette! makes a statement on anything it has already been through 17 layers of advisors,lawyers,and most likely,witch doctors. Yeah,we HEAR about her out of control screaming attacks as well as physical attacks on those around her when she it out of the public eye,but we don't get to see them.

There are no reports at all that I have ever heard of Trump having screaming fits and/or physically attacking anyone that works for him. None. MAYBE because he doesn't drink or do drugs,and Bubbette! does both,or maybe because of differing natures. Maybe even both.

Consider all this and tell me which one you would rather see in the WH next year.

So they're both nuts,  I assume is your contention.   Which one would I rather see in the WH next year?   Well, obviously, neither.   Shouldn't my vote reflect that?   

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2016, 02:12:42 pm »
For the most part, yes it does. What folks do in the privacy of their own home ain't my business.

It ain't my place -  But considering it IS illegal in most counties and most states, I am content with that.
It ain't the Christians writing federal sodomy laws.

@sneakypete @roamer_1

"in the privacy of their own home".  That line has been used against traditional values for a long time and its been very successful in furthering the radical leftist & gay agenda.

The govt defines what a 'bedroom' is.  They define how many doors, windows, closets and in some areas how big it must be in order to classify as a bedroom.   They force manufacturers to put little tags on our pillows and mattresses and make people afraid to take them off.   They dictate what materials can & cannot be used in the mattress, dressers, carpet, drapes, paint, lights, light bulbs and every other aspect of the private "bedroom".  The govt can choose to monitor your phone calls, your emails, your internet traffic from your "bedroom".  They tell you how you have to store the firearm you have in your bedroom for protection.

So the govt is already up to its eyeballs in our bedrooms.   But we're not supposed to care if its two people of the same gender having sex.   How about if they are raping someone, perhaps a child?   Or beating someone or maybe even killing someone.   Should we not care what is being done in the privacy of their own home then?

Of course we should care; what we do impacts other people.  It effects our society, our neighborhood, our state and our children. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2016, 02:38:17 pm »
So the govt is already up to its eyeballs in our bedrooms.   But we're not supposed to care if its two people of the same gender having sex.   How about if they are raping someone, perhaps a child?   Or beating someone or maybe even killing someone.   Should we not care what is being done in the privacy of their own home then?

Rape, child abuse and domestic violence all share a common element - a perp and a non-consenting victim.

Whether two folks of the same gender are having consensual relations behind closed doors is of absolutely no concern to me,  and ought to be of no concern to the government.   

However, the issue of marriage equality is a matter of the equal protection of the law.   Churches have the absolute right to preach against it,  and that's fine, but the government is violating the Constitution when it sanctions CIVIL marriage for straights but not for gays.   

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2016, 02:40:04 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

ROFLMAO! If it weren't for the fear of your "loving God" tossing your asses into a pit of fire to burn for all of eternity,you wouldn't be obedient Christians trying to use your fears to govern the rest of us.

Whoa sneaky.  I guess you missed it when I posted the Bible verse that tells me not to judge the unbelievers.  I don't have much time but I am sorry I upset you so.  I don't want to govern you.  But I don't want you to govern me either.  As for fear.  The fear of the Lord isn't really fear.  It is reverence.  It is obedience willingly.  I think that anyone who took a long hard look at the things that you did through your life in disobedience there were consequences.  Christians are not perfect only forgiven.  In Romans (a very excellent teaching book in the Bible) we learn that just because we can sin we shouldn't.  Sin seperates us from Christ and it causes trouble in our lives.  Anyone who has been raised in a loving home with a loving father knows that a parent gives instruction to make your life go well.  That is what Jesus does.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2016, 02:50:20 pm »

"in the privacy of their own home".  That line has been used against traditional values for a long time and its been very successful in furthering the radical leftist & gay agenda.

@sneakypete @driftdiver

In the context of governance, it is an amazement to me that anyone who calls themselves Conservative could be *for* the government shoving 'moral' precepts down our throat from a federal level.  It is THEY who are allowing the federal government into the bedroom, not the Christians.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2016, 02:57:17 pm »
@sneakypete @driftdiver

In the context of governance, it is an amazement to me that anyone who calls themselves Conservative could be *for* the government shoving 'moral' precepts down our throat from a federal level.  It is THEY who are allowing the federal government into the bedroom, not the Christians.

@roamer_1 @sneakypete

Its amazing to me that someone claiming to be conservative would be arguing for immorality and lawlessness.   But hey if it feels good do it.

The basic tenets of civilization are what has made us strong.  Break those down and the ties that bind us go away.   We're starting to see the results of that now.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2016, 03:07:26 pm »
Amazing how many gullible people are out there, isn't it?

Just think how many of us change our core beliefs at 70 when we're running for public office.

The number must be in the millions........    :smokin:

Who said I'm gullible? I know the guy is a cad, a0hole, jerk, changes his position etc. I do believe him though when he said he changed his position on abortion-I thought it was heartfelt.

I don't particularly like the guy but I would take him over corrupt Hillary any day.

@musiclady
@CatherineofAragon