Author Topic: Pollster Pat Caddell: Early Voting 'Most Dangerous, Stupid Thing'  (Read 1431 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Pollster Pat Caddell: Early Voting 'Most Dangerous, Stupid Thing'
Monday, October 31, 2016 02:41 PM

By: Brian Freeman

The remorse many people are expressing who had already cast their ballots before the FBI's reopening of the email investigation against Hillary Clinton shows the serious problems there are with the entire idea of early voting, Democratic pollster Patrick Caddell told Breitbart News.

Talking with Breitbart News Daily radio host Matthew Boyle, Caddell called early voting "the most dangerous, stupid thing I have ever seen in my life." He said it was the classic example of somebody deciding: "Let's do something good without thinking about the consequences."

Caddell said that in many states there are more people voting early than those who do so on Election Day, adding that a weekend of voting would be fine, "But weeks in advance? It walks right into the problem we have now."

He said that early voting corrupts the entire process, because "the reason you have an Election Day is to culminate an election with the moment of decision."

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Pat-Caddell-Early-Voting-Dangerous-Clinton/2016/10/31/id/756218/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Pollster Pat Caddell: Early Voting 'Most Dangerous, Stupid Thing'
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:06:08 pm »
Translation:  Trump's losing.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 08:09:17 pm »
Caddell is right. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 08:19:42 pm »
IMO, a week of early voting should be sufficient. We have high voter rates in our precinct, and I have no desire to get up at oh dark thirty, or wait in line an hour or more. I voted last Thursday, took 15 minutes, tops.

Have no qualms about voting the day before the SHTF on Hillary's emails. Didn't change a thing for me.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 08:28:23 pm »
NOPE.    OPEN PRIMARIES ARE THE MOST DANGEROUS, STUPID THING.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 08:29:23 pm »
Just go back to the old way or make it a national day off. Absentee should be allowed but there is ZERO reason for voting weeks in advance. Voting is important and if people care enough they can structure their schedules around it.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 08:36:35 pm »
Voting is important and if people care enough they can structure their schedules around it.

Like closing hospitals, ambulance service, police...

I've had problems come up at work that were not scheduled in advance.  I got caught unable to vote because of it.  For me, voting is important enough to ALWAYS vote early to make sure I never get caught that way again.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 08:43:24 pm »
Just go back to the old way or make it a national day off. Absentee should be allowed but there is ZERO reason for voting weeks in advance. Voting is important and if people care enough they can structure their schedules around it.

Exactly..I have said this for years...1 day and make it a Fed holiday...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 08:43:40 pm »

I've had problems come up at work that were not scheduled in advance.  I got caught unable to vote because of it.  For me, voting is important enough to ALWAYS vote early to make sure I never get caught that way again.
If voting was important to people, they'd figure out how to do it on election day.  People find the time to do what is important to them.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »
I guess I'm the only one that likes the convenience of extended early voting.  If anything, it should be EASIER to vote.  Vote by mail should be extended to more states.

Also, the number of sites for voting would have to dramatically increase, as would the number of poll workers. 

So, leave it alone.  Few people change the minds based on last minute stuff anyway.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 09:11:00 pm »
I guess I'm the only one that likes the convenience of extended early voting.  If anything, it should be EASIER to vote.  Vote by mail should be extended to more states.

Also, the number of sites for voting would have to dramatically increase, as would the number of poll workers. 

So, leave it alone.  Few people change the minds based on last minute stuff anyway.

I disagree, Sink.  Voting is important and the fewer low-interest, low-informed voters we have the better we are.  Yes, it is convenient (and full disclosure, I voted this past Saturday) but I'm all for making it harder, not easier.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 09:14:36 pm »
I disagree, Sink.  Voting is important and the fewer low-interest, low-informed voters we have the better we are.  Yes, it is convenient (and full disclosure, I voted this past Saturday) but I'm all for making it harder, not easier.

I can just see the state official who says  "let's make voting harder to do." 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 09:15:01 pm »
I wouldn't mind a compromise of voting from the Saturday before until the Tuesday of the election.
4 straight days.
Not super early, and plenty of opportunity to go vote.

Personally, I'd like the national elections to move to April 15th, or tax day to move to the first Tuesday in November.
I think the elections would have far different outcomes.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 09:18:54 pm »

Agree here.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:40 pm »
Exactly..I have said this for years...1 day and make it a Fed holiday...
..and close the bars and package stores.   We can ride the buckboards into town and vote and see a show!

I like it.  Well except for the closed bars and horse poop....

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:51 pm »
I wouldn't mind a compromise of voting from the Saturday before until the Tuesday of the election.
4 straight days.

Personally, I'd like the national elections to move to April 15th, or tax day to move to the first Tuesday in November.

Wholeheartedly agree here. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 09:39:57 pm »

For over 200 years people managed to find a way. There are no excuses when people used to ride horses and walk miles to cast their vote. Modern man's life is not so special that he cannot figure out how. Proper planning prevents piss poor participation. And we all have 2 years between elections. If an emergency happens, then it happens. It won't happen for the majority and the benefits of reduced fraud outweigh by far the handful that miss their vote from unfortunate circumstance.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 09:48:10 pm »
4 straight days.

Not a bad idea..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 09:48:11 pm »

Did you show up to your wedding? Your kids wedding?

Come on. Are you seriously gonna argue that we are such special snowflakes and so important that we cannot schedule a day 2 freaking years in advance? How did we ever manage to hold elections prior to the fiasco of the last 2 decades?

Offline thackney

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 12:18:23 pm »
If voting was important to people, they'd figure out how to do it on election day.  People find the time to do what is important to them.

Voting is damn important to me and I'm highly insulted you think it isn't because I don't vote on election day.

I make sure nothing that happens at work can prevent me from voting.  Not everyone works a basic 9-5 office job.  Some of us deal with places that catch on fire or explode.  Those events are not scheduled in advance.  Early voting is the way I make sure I vote because it is important to me.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 12:25:30 pm »

Yup.

A similar effect woukd have resulted from GHWB's idea of allowing a person to stop income witholding. If people had to write a check for the full amount...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline thackney

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 12:27:12 pm »

Come on. Are you seriously gonna argue that we are such special snowflakes and so important that we cannot schedule a day 2 freaking years in advance? How did we ever manage to hold elections prior to the fiasco of the last 2 decades?

My wedding I would have quit a job to make.  I should not have to do that to vote.  And I had the ability to schedule my wedding.  If I was working offshore on a rig, I wouldn't schedule it during my work weeks.  I don't have that control with voting.

I have missed major holidays due to work.  Again, you want to take away the ability for people that care enough to plan ahead in case of an emergency.  I don't understand the desire to do that.  I've had to work a 21 hour shift before because of damage from a storm.  You cannot plan for that in advance.

Why do you want to take away a firefighters ability to vote because he got called out for a fire, when he could have used early voting?  Many states won't let you vote absentee unless you are scheduled to be away.

What would you hope to accomplish with this?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 12:34:54 pm »
..and close the bars and package stores.   We can ride the buckboards into town and vote and see a show!

I like it.  Well except for the closed bars and horse poop....

You left out public hangings. That was a big draw in the 19th Century.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 12:55:06 pm »
For over 200 years people managed to find a way. There are no excuses when people used to ride horses and walk miles to cast their vote. Modern man's life is not so special that he cannot figure out how. Proper planning prevents piss poor participation. And we all have 2 years between elections. If an emergency happens, then it happens. It won't happen for the majority and the benefits of reduced fraud outweigh by far the handful that miss their vote from unfortunate circumstance.

I don't get why conservatives want to make it harder for people to vote.  You are fitting into the very stereotype liberals paint of conservatives wanting to suppress the vote.

This is an academic exercise anyway as early voting is here to stay and I'm glad of it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 12:56:12 pm »

Ridiculous.  So now people have to schedule two years out to vote.  Do you know how silly that is?