Author Topic: Pollster Pat Caddell: Early Voting 'Most Dangerous, Stupid Thing'  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Pollster Pat Caddell: Early Voting 'Most Dangerous, Stupid Thing'
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 01:16:05 pm »
I guess I'm the only one that likes the convenience of extended early voting.  If anything, it should be EASIER to vote.  Vote by mail should be extended to more states.

Also, the number of sites for voting would have to dramatically increase, as would the number of poll workers. 

So, leave it alone.  Few people change the minds based on last minute stuff anyway.

I have no problem with and in fact like extended early voting in person but would severely restrict voting by mail if I could!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Pollster Pat Caddell: Early Voting 'Most Dangerous, Stupid Thing'
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 11:51:39 am »
Voting is damn important to me and I'm highly insulted you think it isn't because I don't vote on election day.

I make sure nothing that happens at work can prevent me from voting.  Not everyone works a basic 9-5 office job.  Some of us deal with places that catch on fire or explode.  Those events are not scheduled in advance.  Early voting is the way I make sure I vote because it is important to me.

@thackney

It happens to me, too.
I've been fortunate enough not to miss a November election, ( and I voted Saturday).
I have missed some if the state/county elections, held in other off months, due to an emergency at a refinery or a pipeline.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:52:11 am by GrouchoTex »