Author Topic: Texas official says he’s seeing record surge of new voters … and they’re not turning out for Hillary  (Read 2775 times)

rangerrebew

Texas official says he’s seeing record surge of new voters … and they’re not turning out for Hillary
October 27, 2016 | Michael Dorstewitz | Print Article   

SHARE44 TWEET2 PIN1 PLUS0 EMAIL

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller appeared on Fox News Wednesday and told FNC anchor Shannon Bream that the Lone Star State is witnessing record-breaking early voting.

He told her that many of them are first-time voters and people who haven’t voted in a long time — and they all appear to be placing their bets on Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

A Twitter user with the handle “Deplorable Trumpcat” recorded and posted the exchange.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/10/27/texas-official-says-hes-seeing-record-surge-new-voters-theyre-not-turning-hillary-405185#ixzz4OIBTgdRg

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I've heard other reports like this in other states, it goes against the conventional wisdom or in this case, the conventional reporting we are hearing about this election. I think Florida is going big for Trump in early reporting.

Offline sinkspur

Sid Miller is a fruitcake.  How does he know who people are turning out for?

Texas ag Commissioner Sid Miller admits getting 'Jesus Shot' but avoids criminal charges

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2016/09/20/texas-ag-commissioner-sid-miller-admits-getting-jesus-shot-avoids-criminal-charges

In Oklahoma, Miller said, he intended to meet with state officials and tour the Oklahoma National Stockyards. But he never made the tour and only briefly met with state legislators, fueling speculation that he had actually made the trip to receive the Jesus Shot, an injection of vitamins and two kinds of steroids that its maker claims can cure all pain for life.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline chae

Considering the lunatic way some of the Trumpers act and the threats of violence, I'm sure some people are cliaming support for Trump and voting Hilary

Offline Victoria33

Sid Miller is a fruitcake.  How does he know who people are turning out for?
@sinkspur

First, I don't believe any elected official in state government of Texas, is that stupid, so I doubt he said this.  If he did say it, he is absolutely wrong and has to know it or he needs to be put on the "funny farm" behind a locked gate.

He could know this about the number of registered voters:
Anyone could have found out how many registered voters there were in Texas before the start of this election season and they can compare how many there are now, however, every person who registered AFTER our primary, has no party affiliation on the Secretary of State official voter list OR on the county's voter list.  In Texas, you only become a member of a political party when you vote in a party's primary, and that becomes the official party list.

As a result of the above, no one knows how people who registered after the primary are going to vote because they are not affiliated with any party.  Plus, Miller cannot know, nor anyone else right now, how a "Republican" voted since early voting started.  Just because someone voted in the Republican Primary, does not mean he/she is voting for Trump in this election.

The results of early voting are the first results posted on election night- that is when we will know the early voting candidate count and not until then. 

Oceander

I've heard other reports like this in other states, it goes against the conventional wisdom or in this case, the conventional reporting we are hearing about this election. I think Florida is going big for Trump in early reporting.

And I think it's not.  And neither of us really knows diddly until the results are released. 

Oceander

@sinkspur

First, I don't believe any elected official in state government of Texas, is that stupid, so I doubt he said this.  If he did say it, he is absolutely wrong and has to know it or he needs to be put on the "funny farm" behind a locked gate.

He could know this about the number of registered voters:
Anyone could have found out how many registered voters there were in Texas before the start of this election season and they can compare how many there are now, however, every person who registered AFTER our primary, has no party affiliation on the Secretary of State official voter list OR on the county's voter list.  In Texas, you only become a member of a political party when you vote in a party's primary, and that becomes the official party list.

As a result of the above, no one knows how people who registered after the primary are going to vote because they are not affiliated with any party.  Plus, Miller cannot know, nor anyone else right now, how a "Republican" voted since early voting started.  Just because someone voted in the Republican Primary, does not mean he/she is voting for Trump in this election.

The results of early voting are the first results posted on election night- that is when we will know the early voting candidate count and not until then. 

@Victoria33
The sweet voice of calm reason!!

Offline Night Hides Not

Too early to say.

I think inferences could be made, based on historical voting. For example, the precinct I live in is usually 3 to 1 Republican. That ratio has not changed that much over the 20 years I've lived there, despite a massive demographic shift in race/culture.

When I go vote this afternoon, if there's 50 people in line where there would normally be 10, I'll be able to express an opinion that most of those voters aren't there for Hillary.

By the same token, I'm not sure they're there for Trump, either.

Don't read too much into this, it's just my $.02.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Texas will vote strong against Hillary.

What Texas will do should the rest of the country go Hillary will be something to watch - like  secession vote.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jpsb

Excellent news thanks for posting.

Offline sinkspur

What Texas will do should the rest of the country go Hillary will be something to watch - like  secession vote.

"Strong against Hillary" would be 10 points or more.  Every recent poll shows Trump has a 3-5 point lead.

That's pathetic in a blue state like Texas.

Offline thackney

"Strong against Hillary" would be 10 points or more.  Every recent poll shows Trump has a 3-5 point lead.

You consider Texas a blue state?  We haven't elected a single democrat in any statewide election in over 2 decades.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

You gotta reach back to the 60s and 70s to make a claim that Texas is a blue state.

Where do you get your information?  Encyclopedia Britannica?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

geronl

I'd want to secede from Trump just as much

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump could win a few blowouts and big surprises with the non-elites, the deplorables.

geronl

Sid Miller is not all there and he is purely guessing about these voters

Oceander

Trump could win a few blowouts and big surprises with the non-elites, the deplorables.

Uh-huh.  And the Moon could be made of green cheese.  After all, none of us has ever been there, so you cannot prove it isn't made of green cheese. 

Offline sinkspur

You consider Texas a blue state?  We haven't elected a single democrat in any statewide election in over 2 decades.

Sorry.  Meant "red state." 

Offline Victoria33

Texas will vote strong against Hillary. What Texas will do should the rest of the country go Hillary will be something to watch - like  secession vote.
@Oceander
@IsailedawayfromFR

In past years, I would say the vote would have been strong against Clinton.  That is not the case this election.  I have seen Texas in pink on the map in this election and that is the first time since before 2000 I have seen that.  When one takes into account the reality of Trump, no wonder the state is not red for him.  He should win Texas but I don't think it will be by the usual large margin.

Texas will do nothing if Clinton becomes the president, we will continue our lives as usual.  The only type of secession Texas will do is if the electric grid of the nation fails.  Texas is not connected to other states, we have our own separate electric grid and we sell "extra" power to Mexico.  So, one could say we are in secession mode if that happens, being separated from the other states. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
When I voted yesterday, it was a very long line, especially for early voting, however, some things jumped out.

First of all, most of the line wasn't traditional Republican demographic. This may not mean a thing in a strange year like this.

Second, the political signs were very, very thin. Just a couple on each corner, one hillary, one trump. I took by a bunch of Johnson signs to the Court House last night and when I drove by this morning, someone added a lot of Hillary signs, but there was still only one Trump sign on each corner. Usually, by this time in an election, there are dozens and dozens of signs for each candidate.  The Republican party HQ down the block didn't even have signs out for the Presidential race (a lot for local races). 

What does this mean? Who knows. I don't want to predict a thing other than we won't know for sure until the evening of the 8th.

@Oceander
@IsailedawayfromFR

In past years, I would say the vote would have been strong against Clinton.  That is not the case this election.  I have seen Texas in pink on the map in this election and that is the first time since before 2000 I have seen that.  When one takes into account the reality of Trump, no wonder the state is not red for him.  He should win Texas but I don't think it will be by the usual large margin.

Texas will do nothing if Clinton becomes the president, we will continue our lives as usual.  The only type of secession Texas will do is if the electric grid of the nation fails.  Texas is not connected to other states, we have our own separate electric grid and we sell "extra" power to Mexico.  So, one could say we are in secession mode if that happens, being separated from the other states.

Texas has it's strongest Governor in decades who is leading the movement for a convention  of states.

I do not know why you proclaim a do-nothing outcome for this state.  The burden to come onto Texas' back by a Democrat administration for this fiscally responsible state to pay for the largesse of the liberal blue states  will not be swallowed very well by Abbott or Texas citizens in general, so I consider otherwise

Online libertybele

I went to my precinct today and voted early.  They were actually announcing the new voters and applauding! No lines, no waiting, and the precinct captain (I assume by the patriotic tie and socks) was sound asleep in a chair.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

Texas has it's strongest Governor in decades who is leading the movement for a convention  of states.  I do not know why you proclaim a do-nothing outcome for this state.  The burden to come onto Texas' back by a Democrat administration for this fiscally responsible state to pay for the largesse of the liberal blue states  will not be swallowed very well by Abbott or Texas citizens in general, so I consider otherwise
@Oceander   
@IsailedawayfromFR

Texas has never been a "do-nothing" state, but they would not secede just because Clinton is President.  Abbott and our Texas Senators and Representatives will do whatever is necessary to keep Texas solvent and they will deal with the federal government just as they always have.  Plus, our constitution and law guarantees Texas must have a balanced budget. 

I know Greg Abbott's psychic makeup after years of working with the state party.  When he was Attorney General, he used to tell us he would go to work, sue the federal government again, go home at the end of the day and do it again the next day.  That is a common day, to stay ahead of whatever the federal government cooks up.

I was at a meeting with him and others at the governor's mansion, under a big tent on the grounds and he was in his wheelchair in front of me.  Due to a medical condition, I lost my balance and grabbed my husband to keep from falling or I would have fallen to the ground right in front of Abbott.

The point is, our Texas State officials are always out in front doing their job and that won't change.  I hope we don't lose any state offices to Democrats due to Trump being the candidate. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

But he won't.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

HAPPY2BME

But he won't.

==============================

You know this because you are a 'deplorable?'

Are you one?