Author Topic: Anti-Trump Violence Sweeps the Nation  (Read 9733 times)

Offline Longmire

Anti-Trump Violence Sweeps the Nation
« on: October 26, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »
Media pays little attention to escalating attacks, thousands of threats against Trump supporters

While the mainstream media has been working day and night promoting Hillary Clinton’s candidacy, it has largely ignored or downplayed violent attacks against supporters of Donald Trump.

But assaults on Trump supporters appear to be growing increasingly common as Election Day approaches and tensions intensify. Reports of Trump lawn signs and banners being stolen and defaced are everywhere on social media.

No doubt there will be plenty more such assaults in the final two weeks as Americans head to the polls.

Making matters worse, undercover video evidence emerged showing senior Democrat operatives Robert Creamer and Scott Foval acknowledging using dirty, likely illegal tricks against the Trump campaign. Their goal was to generate negative media coverage of Trump rallies by fomenting violence at them. The media eagerly used the various fisticuffs and melees the Democrats created to attempt to discredit Trump by depicting his supporters as violent, knuckle-dragging crazies.

Read more: http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/anti-trump-violence-sweeps-the-nation/

Offline mountaineer

Re: Anti-Trump Violence Sweeps the Nation
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 03:50:55 pm »
Vandal With Axe Breaks Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
In the last year, the star has been defaced by spray paint and even surrounded by an artist's 6-inch high wall, a miniature representation of the candidate's border wall proposal
By Jonathan Lloyd
Oct. 26, 2016
Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was in pieces Wednesday morning after it was vandalized overnight by a man with an axe.

The Republican presidential candidate and former "Apprentice" host received the star in January 2007. The star in the 6800 block of Hollywood Boulevard, a prominent location on the Walk of Fame not far from the Hollywood and Highland Center, was broken into pieces overnight by a man with some type of hammer or axe, according to a boulevard street performer.

Los Angeles police confirmed they are investigating the vandalism report, received at about 6 a.m. No arrests were reported Wednesday morning.

Deadline Hollywood posted video of what appeared to be a man dressed as a construction worker in a high visibility safety vest and helmet smashing the star. The video, shot by a Deadline Hollywood employee, shows several LA Department of Transportation signs and bright orange construction cones around the star.   ...
  Rest of story at NBC Los Angeles.

This is just childish.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 03:52:07 pm »
Democrats stealing, slashing, and burning GOP signs have been going on for decades. Same with the other shenanigans. Has nothing to do with Trump.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 03:54:29 pm »
Democrats stealing, slashing, and burning GOP signs have been going on for decades. Same with the other shenanigans. Has nothing to do with Trump.

The assaults do appear to be either new, or happening at a much higher rate.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 04:14:17 pm »
This sort of stuff upsets me every time it happens. I don't support this candidate but you have a right to your opinion without being the subject of violence.

That being said, so what? People committing violence should go to jail. Period.

These people perpetrating violence, if they are caught (admittedly a big if), they are prosecuted. The most disgraceful attacks were the SD attacks.

Most the perpetrators were caught and will face justice, whatever it may be.

But that is not a convincing argument for Trump, IMO. It doesn't excuse his ignorance, his recklessness, his lack of tact, all his flaws.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:21:31 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 04:25:59 pm »

But that is not a convincing argument for Trump, IMO. It doesn't excuse his ignorance, his recklessness, his lack of tact, all his flaws.

You're right -- but here's the problem.

The media narrative about Trump, including the fear-mongering that his supporters will be violent, is all part of the narrative that not only strengthens Hillary, but down-ticket Democrats as well.  These violent attacks on Trump supporters, blocking of major transportation arteries by illegals, are things that average voters would oppose.  It might increase the worry about the alternative, particularly if she is given a sympathetic Congress.

This kind of encapsulates a pretty big issue for me.  I'm totally fine with those who choose not to vote for Trump.  What bothers me is that so many of those who say they won't vote for either Trump or Hillary are basically firing all their ammo in one direction.  And the problem with that is that all those down-ticket Republicans get caught in that crossfire.  Yes, I know that Trump himself creates problems for those down-ticket Republicans, but it adds to that problem when so many in the GOP establishment and elsewhere enjoy the piling on too much to focus on the witch on the other side.

Focusing on the illegal activities and some of Hillary's own flaws would real help some of those struggling down ticket candidates.  Problem is that too many people who should be aiding in that fight are just too eager to get their pound of flesh from Trump.

If we lose one or both houses of Congress, it's not going to be Trump's fault alone.  That fault will be shared with those who chose to pile-on the Democrat attacks rather than pointing out the dangers in putting the other side in power.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 04:31:48 pm »
If we lose one or both houses of Congress, it's not going to be Trump's fault alone.  That fault will be shared with those who chose to pile-on the Democrat attacks rather than pointing out the dangers in putting the other side in power.

Trumpkins are so intent on dragging #NeverTrump into their ditch that they will scapegoat them for virtually anything.  It is ENTIRELY Trump's fault that down-ballot Republicans are losing.  We told you this would happen and predicted it.  A weak presidential candidate is going to infect everyone associated with him.

So, Trump and his supporters are totally to blame for the coming disaster.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 04:45:38 pm »
Trumpkins are so intent on dragging #NeverTrump into their ditch that they will scapegoat them for virtually anything.  It is ENTIRELY Trump's fault that down-ballot Republicans are losing.  We told you this would happen and predicted it.  A weak presidential candidate is going to infect everyone associated with him.

So, Trump and his supporters are totally to blame for the coming disaster.

Bill is not a trumpkin sink. He's a reluctant trump voter.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 05:18:48 pm »
Trumpkins are so intent on dragging #NeverTrump into their ditch that they will scapegoat them for virtually anything.  It is ENTIRELY Trump's fault that down-ballot Republicans are losing.

Again, I don't agree. Mostly Trump's fault?  Sure, I'd agree with that -- he's a terrible candidate.  But some of these races are going to be really, really close, and GOP attacks on Hillary, including "you can't give this corrupt witch control of Congress" might help.  But right now, the fire is all in one direction, and that is helping those downticket Democrats by not forcing them to defend the indefensible.  Make them defend Hillary at the top of their ticket the way Republicans are stuck with the albatross of Trump.  Make them explain to voters the "open borders" comment, and "at least 60,000 new refugees a year".  Trump himself is a lost cause, but a couple of percent in some of these races may determine control of Congress.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:20:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Longmire

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 06:41:33 pm »
We now know that this intimidation is organized at the highest levels of the Democrat party and carried out by paid thugs or crazies.

These people are trained to disrupt events, start fights, and cause property damage, and they're at the beck and call of Clinton operatives.

#Nevertrump piggybacks on this organized political intimidation with their own brand of bullying, all of which gives rise to the shy or hidden Trump voter.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 06:45:47 pm »
We now know that this intimidation is organized at the highest levels of the Democrat party and carried out by paid thugs or crazies.

These people are trained to disrupt events, start fights, and cause property damage, and they're at the beck and call of Clinton operatives.

#Nevertrump piggybacks on this organized political intimidation with their own brand of bullying, all of which gives rise to the shy or hidden Trump voter.

I got into politics 20 years ago. It was the same then as now, in fact it was worse when in blue collar areas where the unions used to be stronger. It happens at all levels. They simply up the ante the more combative the candidate and close the election, and they now have a new army of Snowflake Millenials for fodder to the cause.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 06:48:20 pm »
It could rightfully be the new national past time.

fun for the whole family.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 03:34:44 pm »
@chae @txradioguy

You both should take a look at this article.

Offline verga

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 04:01:02 pm »
You're right -- but here's the problem.

The media narrative about Trump, including the fear-mongering that his supporters will be violent, is all part of the narrative that not only strengthens Hillary, but down-ticket Democrats as well.  These violent attacks on Trump supporters, blocking of major transportation arteries by illegals, are things that average voters would oppose.  It might increase the worry about the alternative, particularly if she is given a sympathetic Congress.

This kind of encapsulates a pretty big issue for me.  I'm totally fine with those who choose not to vote for Trump.  What bothers me is that so many of those who say they won't vote for either Trump or Hillary are basically firing all their ammo in one direction.  And the problem with that is that all those down-ticket Republicans get caught in that crossfire.  Yes, I know that Trump himself creates problems for those down-ticket Republicans, but it adds to that problem when so many in the GOP establishment and elsewhere enjoy the piling on too much to focus on the witch on the other side.

Focusing on the illegal activities and some of Hillary's own flaws would real help some of those struggling down ticket candidates.  Problem is that too many people who should be aiding in that fight are just too eager to get their pound of flesh from Trump.

I am never Trump, but I am sick and tied of the adulation being piled on Queen SHrillary. For everything favorable they say about her, I point out two flaws. My nephew is 12 years Navy and he and most of his squadron are Hillary supporters, makes no sense to me.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 04:07:51 pm »
My nephew is 12 years Navy and he and most of his squadron are Hillary supporters, makes no sense to me.

My BIL just retired from the Army 35+ years.. hardcore Obama and Hillary supporter.

@verga

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 08:21:27 pm »
@chae @txradioguy

You both should take a look at this article.

This is new why exactly?

As was pointed out to you already...this is par for the course when it comes to how Dems treat anyone that opposes them.

Not sure why you're outraged...you and a couple of others have been warming of and almost looking forward to "retribution" on Nov 9th for anyone who doesn't vote for Donny.

Sounds like you're just imitating the Dems.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline chae

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 08:32:35 pm »
It hasn't been the Hilary supporters or the NeverTrumpers threatening my life and the lives of my fur-babies...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 08:37:03 pm »
Vandal With Axe Breaks Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
In the last year, the star has been defaced by spray paint and even surrounded by an artist's 6-inch high wall, a miniature representation of the candidate's border wall proposal
By Jonathan Lloyd
Oct. 26, 2016  Rest of story at NBC Los Angeles.

This is just childish.

Leftists are childish.  And dangerous.  And stupid.

And in this case, not bright enough to realize that Trump is one of their own.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 08:38:36 pm »
This is new why exactly?

As was pointed out to you already...this is par for the course when it comes to how Dems treat anyone that opposes them.

Not sure why you're outraged...you and a couple of others have been warming of and almost looking forward to "retribution" on Nov 9th for anyone who doesn't vote for Donny.

Sounds like you're just imitating the Dems.

Longmire just threated that there would be "hell to pay" for people not voting for Trump.

He never said if he was going to personally carry it out, but he IS threatening us with some form of painful experience.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 08:39:54 pm »

Oh yeah? Who gives a shit. What should bother you is your crowd threatening me with retribution for daring to say FU to your Messiah. Open threats to people against Donny are happening constantly anymore. Hannity is inciting this every day for 4 hours. Trump spokespeople and advisors routinely make threats in a daily basis.

You can take your feigned concern about vandalized Trump signs and shove it. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 08:46:30 pm »
The assaults do appear to be either new, or happening at a much higher rate.

I agree.  In many places including a lot of workplaces, there's a lot of public shaming of Trump supporters going on.  I think it's gotten bad enough that polls simply can't be trusted at this point.   I suspect that, like the recent Brexit vote,  support by "shamed" Trump backers isn't being picked up, and I'd suspect that there will be a similar gap in polled vs. actual support.  If the polls show Trump within, say, five percentage points, he may actually win.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 08:54:53 pm »
I agree.  In many places including a lot of workplaces, there's a lot of public shaming of Trump supporters going on.  I think it's gotten bad enough that polls simply can't be trusted at this point.   I suspect that, like the recent Brexit vote,  support by "shamed" Trump backers isn't being picked up, and I'd suspect that there will be a similar gap in polled vs. actual support.  If the polls show Trump within, say, five percentage points, he may actually win.

I work in Cambridge MA. Shamers all around. Not that I care. I'll vote for who I will regardless.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2016, 08:56:33 pm »
Longmire just threated that there would be "hell to pay" for people not voting for Trump.

Internet threats are meaningless.   But I suspect that lots of folks hide their Trump support from co-workers, friends and even spouses.   The drumbeat of shaming is, in a lot of places, incessant.   I overhear it all the time, in conversations on the train,  among neighbors, and elsewhere.  Say you're for Trump and all hell descends on your head.

I'm not for Trump, of course, but I'm generally known to be a Republican.  When I see folks,  the first thing they tend to say is - you can't possibly be voting for Trump, are you?   Then I'll reply, no, no, I'm voting third party and they either (i) launch into a tirade about how Trump's the devil, or (ii) castigate me for not going that one step further and voting for Hillary. 

This shit just builds and builds, and the best way to deal it for many will be to stay silent until inside the voting booth. 

In that booth, it's just you, your conscience, and your Maker.   
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:57:41 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 09:38:56 pm »
We now know that this intimidation is organized at the highest levels of the Democrat party Trump Campaign and carried out by paid thugs or crazies.

These people are trained to disrupt events, start fights, and cause property damage, and they're at the beck and call of Clinton Trump operatives.

#Nevertrump Trump and his supporters piggybacks on this organized political intimidation with their own brand of bullying, all of which gives rise to the shy or hidden thuggish Trump voter.

Fixed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!