Author Topic: RUSH: It’s About Time For A HUGE BACKLASH Against The Media  (Read 27144 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: RUSH: It’s About Time For A HUGE BACKLASH Against The Media
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2016, 03:15:34 pm »
I'm looking at this election a little differently. One of two candidates will be president - one clearly a marxist ideological machiavellian with a well oiled, brutal political machine and compliant media at her disposal; the other a unprincipled, ill mannered, undisciplined buffoon?

Which will more likely be successful in continuing to strip working Americans of their constitutional rights & resources and growing the federal government and which is more likely to be hamstrung by the congress and media?

A helluva choice, but for me a no brainer.

You left out a couple of aspects that I consider extremely important.   

1.  Which one hates us with a passionate intensity? 
2.  Which one will the media allow to get away with abuse? 

You sort of covered the second one,   but I do not think you covered it to the extent that I feel it deserves.   

The media will give a "blank check" to  Hillary,  but they will be all over Trump if he sneezes.   

The "press"  will do it's job of checking abuse if Trump is the President.   They will *NOT*  check abuse by Hillary.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2016, 03:18:21 pm »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2016, 03:20:03 pm »
...one more correction needs to be made Mr. diver...

The only people chased away from this website are Trump supporters. You can take that to the bank.

I am not really a Trump supporter,   I will be a reluctant Trump voter,   but the point still applies.   One gets tired of reading the same pointless attacks on the only weapon we have to stop a worse disaster.   

At this point the constant repetition regarding what is wrong with Trump serves no useful public purpose and is in fact boring.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2016, 03:22:00 pm »
The emails and Benghazi have been covered ad nauseam for the last couple years Trump's bragging about his numerous times he's sexually assaulted women is new.

Are you actually advocating the media NOT cover bad news because of who it is?

No but 10 minutes bad news about Hillary and 1 hour 50 minutes  against Trump?  So much for unbiased journalism.

Jeesh you anti trumpers are putting the beotch right in the WH.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2016, 03:22:03 pm »

I am not really a Trump supporter,   I will be a reluctant Trump voter,   but the point still applies.   One gets tired of reading the same pointless attacks on the only weapon we have to stop a worse disaster.   

At this point the constant repetition regarding what is wrong with Trump serves no useful public purpose and is in fact boring.

Except there's always some new act of liberalism he comes out with.

If it bores you, no one really cares.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2016, 03:26:07 pm »
No but 10 minutes bad news about Hillary and 1 hour 50 minutes  against Trump?  So much for unbiased journalism.

Again...one is new news...the other isn't...unless something new develops.  It's how the 24 hour news cycle works these days.  I'm not saying I agree with it...but that's how the MSM works.

Sorry...peddle that propaganda BS elsewhere.  You're advocating for the worst candidate out of a field of 16 that the GOP could have put on the top of the ticket.

Hillary's probable win and Trump's probable loss is on the people that pushed this incompetent unqualified dolt to the nomination.

My hands as well as my conscience are clean.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2016, 03:28:24 pm »
I watched CNN a few days ago for about 2 hours.  5-10 minutes of bad press about Hillary-emails etc, the rest of the 1 hour 50 minutes was about Trumps accusations..
Bastards

And which is more important in terms of significance to the nation?   

In perspective,  that Trump used vulgar language 11 years ago is a trivial matter compared to Hillary setting up a private server to avoid Freedom of Information act accountability,  and  her usage of this private server to transmit Secret government documents in a manner accessible by hackers.   

Hillary did in fact commit criminal acts in her efforts to avoid accountability.   It also appears she used this server and these emails to facilitate the selling  of her influence to foreign powers.   

The Hillary email scandal is orders of magnitude more significant than Trump's vulgar commentary.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2016, 03:34:16 pm »
The emails and Benghazi have been covered ad nauseam for the last couple years Trump's bragging about his numerous times he's sexually assaulted women is new.

Neither Benghazi nor the email scandal (there are multiple facets of this)   has been covered to the depth and extent that both scandals deserve.    The press has never pointed out that she is a deliberate liar,  or that her Benghazi disaster revealed that she was running guns to what became ISIS in Syria.   

The Press did not emphasize to the extent necessary that her private server was a deliberate attempt to avoid accountability which was lawfully imposed upon her by the Freedom of information act.   It did not cover the fact she used her private email server to facilitate the sale of her influence to foreign contributors to the Clinton Foundation.  (Pay for play.)   It did not adequately cover the fact that she knew full well it was illegal to transmit secret documents to her private server and she knew full well that she was actually sending secret government documents through this server. 

Both scandals have been so not covered.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2016, 03:40:19 pm »
Google 3/5th's clause.

That was written into the Constitution at a time in which almost all the states were slave states.   I think only Massachusetts had at that time abolished slavery.  (Through an activist judge re-interpreting law in  a manner it was never intended.)   

How is it a compromise when it was a condition prevalent in most states at that time?   Also at that particular time there was no consideration of there being a North vs South paradigm.   There was none of the hatred that later developed between the North and South.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2016, 03:42:09 pm »
@HAPPY2BME

I remember Trump supporters crowing that only he could whip the media, he would have them eating out of his hand, etc.

Gee, what happened?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2016, 03:43:51 pm »
Except there's always some new act of liberalism he comes out with.

If it bores you, no one really cares.

I care,  and I think others who are bored also care.   If a conversation is not interesting,  it loses followers.   If a website has nothing but an endless string of boring conversations,  eventually it loses followers as well.   

Seriously,   how many times and in how many different ways can you say "Trump Sucks!"  ?   

After a while,  I would think even you people saying it would get tired of it.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2016, 03:43:58 pm »
@HAPPY2BME

I remember Trump supporters crowing that only he could whip the media, he would have them eating out of his hand, etc.

Gee, what happened?

Reality.

Silver Pines

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2016, 03:44:56 pm »
By the way, Speaker Gingrich, former presidential candidate himself, and well acquainted with the criminal media's intentions to derail any Republican nominee, completely laid bare the Broadcast networks in this interview.

All Jessica Ratface could do was weakly sputter and move along.

@aligncare

Yet a simple google search will turn up pro-Trump sources claiming that the media is terrified of Trump. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2016, 03:45:31 pm »
Reality.

@Norm Lenhart

Please give me a yell if and when they accept it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2016, 03:48:33 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

Please give me a yell if and when they accept it.

Thats why I like you Kat. Your great sense of humor.

"When they accept it!"  HA! Oh you kill me! (usually with an iron skillet but I digress...)

Silver Pines

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2016, 03:51:14 pm »
@Oceander

Its definitely a crap sandwich but its all thats on the menu.  Time to be an adult.

@driftdiver

It isn't "adult" to believe you're bound to do what some political party tells you to do.  When you have two disgusting options, it isn't "adult" to accept one of them when you know both of them are harmful.  Growing up means reasoning and thinking for yourself.

Oceander

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2016, 03:56:16 pm »

You're the one who nominated the only person who couldn't beat Clinton.  That means you gave her the WH.  You might as well be a registered democrat for all the damage you've done and all the help you've given her.

Silver Pines

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2016, 03:56:53 pm »
...one more correction needs to be made Mr. diver...

The only people chased away from this website are Trump supporters. You can take that to the bank.

@aligncare

Well, it's your choice to go wherever you want, of course, but you're not doing yourself any favors by hanging around at TOS.  They're still pushing the fantasy that Trump is going to win in a landslide.  That's denial on an insane level.  Personally I don't understand why anyone would want to be insulated from reality so that the impact is much harder when it finally hits.

Silver Pines

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2016, 03:59:14 pm »
I watched CNN a few days ago for about 2 hours.  5-10 minutes of bad press about Hillary-emails etc, the rest of the 1 hour 50 minutes was about Trumps accusations..
Bastards

@mirraflake

It's always going to be that way with the media.  Our job was to avoid nominating the one person who could give them the most material.

Oceander

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2016, 04:01:11 pm »
@mirraflake

It's always going to be that way with the media.  Our job was to avoid nominating the one person who could give them the most material.

:thumbsup:

Silver Pines

« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2016, 04:01:29 pm »
Thats why I like you Kat. Your great sense of humor.

"When they accept it!"  HA! Oh you kill me! (usually with an iron skillet but I digress...)

The day has just begun.   :laugh:

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »
:thumbsup:

It's enough to make anyone sick.  She could have been beaten.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2016, 04:45:10 pm »
@driftdiver

It isn't "adult" to believe you're bound to do what some political party tells you to do.  When you have two disgusting options, it isn't "adult" to accept one of them when you know both of them are harmful.  Growing up means reasoning and thinking for yourself.

@CatherineofAragon

Its not about a political party its about our culture, history and tradition.  An adult realizes that when all options are bad you pick the best one and try to make it work.

A child takes their toy and goes home.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2016, 04:51:43 pm »
@mirraflake

@CatherineofAragon

And we failed, largely because of the trolls and media manipulation.  Now what?   Pour gasoline on the fire or throw water at it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2016, 04:55:55 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

And we failed, largely because of the trolls and media manipulation.  Now what?   Pour gasoline on the fire or throw water at it.

We do the very thing you are so resistant to. Vote for a conservative when it actually matters, not make excuses as to why we empowered another liberal. I'm sure with minimal effort someone more conservative than Trump or Clinton will be on your ballot.