Author Topic: RUSH: It’s About Time For A HUGE BACKLASH Against The Media  (Read 27146 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: RUSH: It’s About Time For A HUGE BACKLASH Against The Media
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 02:03:10 pm »
Choosing a liberal never improves anything.

You know the script Norm.   You never change and thats why you always lose.   If you can't win then you are irrelevant.  Politicians don't pay any attention to voters like you, because  you are irrelevant.

The Founders compromised when they wrote the Constitution.   Many provisions of the Constitution were a delicate balance between the ideas of those people.   You should learn more about how they made it and how things work in the real world.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 02:03:21 pm »
If anyone is hurting Trump on this board its you with these incessantly snarky posts.

@skeeter

Exactly..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Oceander

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 02:03:58 pm »
@kevindavis
I've been in the same boat for several months.   At this point I'm tuning all of them out.   Trump is scary as heck but some of the people around him are good or at least good enough.   Far better then those around Hillary.   

I don't think Trump will win but its time to stop pouring gasoline on the fire that is our country.   You can choose to make this country a little bit better or a little bit worse.  Its time to choose.

You'll only uniformly make the country worse, whether you pick one NYC liberal or the other NYC liberal.  Trump or Clinton is an utterly false choice.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »
You know the script Norm.   You never change and thats why you always lose.   If you can't win then you are irrelevant.  Politicians don't pay any attention to voters like you, because  you are irrelevant.

The Founders compromised when they wrote the Constitution.   Many provisions of the Constitution were a delicate balance between the ideas of those people.   You should learn more about how they made it and how things work in the real world.

Founders never compromised with King George, who is in this context, 'liberalism'. The Constitution was about ensuring we didn't have to live under tyrants. You however seem intent to ensure we do just that by nominating losers every election and then screaming bloody murder it's someone elses fault.

You always have an excuse why the liberal of the day must be elected to the GOP and why anyone opposing that liberal is the problem.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 02:08:42 pm »

What you fail to realize is the change went away from Conservatism and that's why we continue to lose. 

The last time the GOP ran a true Conservative for President...it resulted in the two largest election victories in U.S. history.

And that's the result of the GOP embracing Conservatism.

And you fail to realize that the compromises made didn't involve compromising their integrity, their morals, their values or their religious beliefs.

Perhaps you should learn more about how the Constitution came to fruition.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2016, 02:09:53 pm »
Founders never compromised with King George, who is in this context, 'liberalism'. The Constitution was about ensuring we didn't have to live under tyrants. You however seem intent to ensure we do just that by nominating losers every election and then screaming bloody murder it's someone elses fault.

You always have an excuse why the liberal of the day must be elected to the GOP and why anyone opposing that liberal is the problem.

Here are the facts:

Well the binary party system is certainly not a feature of the Constitution, is there any doubt that our constitution was ratified at the end of a binary struggle between Federalists and Anti-Federalists over the nature of our central government?

Subsequently under George Washington and John Adams the Federalist elsewhere in the executive branch and in Congress and through the appointments process of judges and justices in the courts.

In 1801 Thomas Jefferson was selected by the United States Congress after the Electoral College could not reach a majority vote, Jefferson found himself stymied even though he essentially an Anti Federalists and Congress now populated with the majority of anti-federalist would have done otherwise, the Judiciary had been populated by Federalists appointees and conformers.

Yes the binary system as we know it today is different but there has always been a binary system in place since the debates of the Federalist and the Anti-Federalist

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 02:12:12 pm »

Here are the facts:

Well the binary party system is certainly not a feature of the Constitution, is there any doubt that our constitution was ratified at the end of a binary struggle between Federalists and Anti-Federalists over the nature of our central government?

Subsequently under George Washington and John Adams the Federalist elsewhere in the executive branch and in Congress and through the appointments process of judges and justices in the courts.

In 1801 Thomas Jefferson was selected by the United States Congress after the Electoral College could not reach a majority vote, Jefferson found himself stymied even though he essentially an Anti Federalists and Congress now populated with the majority of anti-federalist would have done otherwise, the Judiciary had been populated by Federalists appointees and conformers.

Yes the binary system as we know it today is different but there has always been a binary system in place since the debates of the Federalist and the Anti-Federalist

To what extent is the binary system due to the fact that historically states were winner-take-all when it came to translating the popular vote to the electoral college?  Making the electoral college proportional instead of WTA might go quite a way to minimizing the worst aspects of the binary system.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 02:13:14 pm »
You'll only uniformly make the country worse, whether you pick one NYC liberal or the other NYC liberal.  Trump or Clinton is an utterly false choice.

@Oceander

Its definitely a crap sandwich but its all thats on the menu.  Time to be an adult.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2016, 02:13:44 pm »
Little does the tub of lard know.......the backlash is against him, scammity, and assorted other so called conservative talkers.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2016, 02:15:07 pm »
If anyone is hurting Trump on this board its you with these incessantly snarky posts.

My handful of posts? You've got to be kidding? Have you looked at your compadres' posts? Give me a break. Would you like me to get you a pillow. Buck up, Sparky there's an election on.

Honestly, I don't know why I bother posting here. It only riles the trolls and wastes my time.

I promise, I will do better in the future....

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2016, 02:15:38 pm »
What you fail to realize is the change went away from Conservatism and that's why we continue to lose. 

The last time the GOP ran a true Conservative for President...it resulted in the two largest election victories in U.S. history.

And you fail to realize that the compromises made didn't involve compromising their integrity, their morals, their values or their religious beliefs.

I think you forgot the fact that the anti slave states compromised with the pro slave states.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2016, 02:17:07 pm »

What did we get from those two "victories"?   hmmm  how many key pieces of legislation were passed?   What changes to the budget were made?

The Constitution was certainly the result of compromise.  The easiest one is that slaves counted as 3/5ths of a person for representation.   A moral person would have insisted that all citizens should count the same regardless of their skin color.  We're they all immoral?  Didn't the 30% that were Christian believe that slavery was a sin? 

Or did they compromise to get a little closer to what they wanted?????

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 02:17:17 pm »

Here are the facts:

But if we actually had a binary system in place we wouldn't have two liberals, one as the nominee of each party.

The binary in play is liberalism vs conservatism. Some people insist on running liberals as conservatives in that equation and then crying that conservatives should sit down and shut up because they lost.

I'm under no obligation to play by the rules of liberals. I am also under no obligation to accept when someone calls a dog's tail a leg.  At the end of this election, America will have lost because once again, some very scared people chose security over liberty and got neither. Just as in 12. Just as I stupidly did in 08.

It's time we all stop making the same mistakes and crying about what we did to ourselves.

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 02:18:36 pm »
@Oceander

Its definitely a crap sandwich but its all thats on the menu.  Time to be an adult.

Ahh, so voting my conscience means I'm not an adult?  Refusing to thoroughly compromise every last shred of my principles means I'm not an adult?  I'll keep that in mind.

If all that matters is winning - which is basically all that's left once you've betrayed your principles - you'd be well-advised to vote for Clinton, because you're going to be a loser if you vote for Trump.

Perhaps if the bleep had stuck to some semblance of principle, and had used their brains instead of their fear, hatred, and spite, then they might not have guaranteed Clinton's victory.

My crim law professor was pretty good at the socratic method when he wanted to be; after he'd let a student walk himself (or herself) up a tree, to the point where the student finally dumped their principles, he would conclude as follows:  "now that we've established you're a prostitute, let's renegotiate your price."

The only thing Trump supporters are engaged in now is negotiating down their price.  How far down will you go?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2016, 02:19:13 pm »
My handful of posts? You've got to be kidding? Have you looked at your compadres' posts? Give me a break. Would you like me to get you a pillow. Buck up, Sparky there's an election on.

Honestly, I don't know why I bother posting here. It only riles the trolls and wastes my time.

@skeeter @aligncare

Yes you and your alter ego @TomSea are chasing people away.   Those of you who refuse to be honest about what a schmuck Trump is are only driving people to not vote or vote for a 3rd party.

Oceander

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »

Neither do we.  You seem to have so much more fun trashing the forum over on freerepublic.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 02:22:11 pm »

I didn't say your posts bothered me. I think they're predictable and mundane.

Post on. Or not.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2016, 02:22:29 pm »
Neither do we.  You seem to have so much more fun trashing the forum over on freerepublic.

Liberals do what liberals do afterall...

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 02:24:06 pm »
What did we get from those two "victories"?   hmmm  how many key pieces of legislation were passed?   What changes to the budget were made?

The Constitution was certainly the result of compromise.  The easiest one is that slaves counted as 3/5ths of a person for representation.   A moral person would have insisted that all citizens should count the same regardless of their skin color.  We're they all immoral?  Didn't the 30% that were Christian believe that slavery was a sin? 

Or did they compromise to get a little closer to what they wanted?????

Reagan compromised too as well.. Granted he didn't get everything he wanted, but he was able to get some of the things he wanted.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 02:25:56 pm »
Ahh, so voting my conscience means I'm not an adult?  Refusing to thoroughly compromise every last shred of my principles means I'm not an adult?  I'll keep that in mind.

If all that matters is winning - which is basically all that's left once you've betrayed your principles - you'd be well-advised to vote for Clinton, because you're going to be a loser if you vote for Trump.

Perhaps if the bleep had stuck to some semblance of principle, and had used their brains instead of their fear, hatred, and spite, then they might not have guaranteed Clinton's victory.

My crim law professor was pretty good at the socratic method when he wanted to be; after he'd let a student walk himself (or herself) up a tree, to the point where the student finally dumped their principles, he would conclude as follows:  "now that we've established you're a prostitute, let's renegotiate your price."

The only thing Trump supporters are engaged in now is negotiating down their price.  How far down will you go?

No it doesn't.   It may make you feel better just as stomping their feet and wailing makes little kids feel better.   In the real world voting for a 3rd party or not voting doesn't mean anything.   THE only way to change the system is to take it  over from within.   Get good people in offices and positions of power.

As it is the liberals control most public schools, most media and increasingly the govt bureaucracies and legal system.  We are a very short step away from a dictatorship with many on both sides cheering it on.

But perhaps you're right, perhaps those who stayed home the last several years have triggered a hard right among the GOP leaders that I'm not seeing.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2016, 02:26:54 pm »

Reagan compromised too as well.. Granted he didn't get everything he wanted, but he was able to get some of the things he wanted.

Its like they are trying to win a war in one shot.  When that doesn't work they surrender.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2016, 02:31:25 pm »

===================================

priceless #2

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2016, 02:31:36 pm »
Its like they are trying to win a war in one shot.  When that doesn't work they surrender.

That is true.. I prefer Reagan method. I prefer to fight the small battles.. Granted we may lose, but if we can chip a away the left programs bit by bit without calling each other names and stop the circular firing squad, we can do it. It is going to take time.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2016, 02:32:06 pm »

I'm looking at this election a little differently. One of two candidates will be president - one clearly a marxist ideological machiavellian with a well oiled, brutal political machine and compliant media at her disposal; the other a unprincipled, ill mannered, undisciplined buffoon?

Which will more likely be successful in continuing to strip working Americans of their constitutional rights & resources and growing the federal government and which is more likely to be hamstrung by the congress and media?

A helluva choice, but for me a no brainer.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:37:30 pm by skeeter »

Oceander

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2016, 02:35:31 pm »
No it doesn't.   It may make you feel better just as stomping their feet and wailing makes little kids feel better.   In the real world voting for a 3rd party or not voting doesn't mean anything.   THE only way to change the system is to take it  over from within.   Get good people in offices and positions of power.

As it is the liberals control most public schools, most media and increasingly the govt bureaucracies and legal system.  We are a very short step away from a dictatorship with many on both sides cheering it on.

But perhaps you're right, perhaps those who stayed home the last several years have triggered a hard right among the GOP leaders that I'm not seeing.

@driftdiver

I might agree with you if there was a real choice.  There isn't.  The differences between Trump and Clinton are meaningless details; like whether the hangman's noose is tied with a lefthand knot or a righthand knot - it's still a hangman's noose and our necks will just as surely be broken no matter which one is used to hang us.

I am a pragmatist; but my pragmatism is not limitless and it does not descend to the level at which I become a political prostitute, whoring myself out for a handful of strokes on my ego.

Furthermore, most of the issues you mention are not amenable to merely electing this or that person as president.  Schools are controlled at the local level.  Media is controlled by those who participate in its making and broadcasting.  Even government bureaucracies are controlled more by the rank and file civil servants - who generally have substantial protection from firing - than by the head of the executive department.  Hercules had an easier time cleaning out the Augean Stables than would one president have in one term attempting to clean out the entire federal civil service.

If conservatives/republicans really want to change these things, and change them down at the roots, then they had better get off their duffs and start doing the really boring stuff of showing up en mass at school board meetings, running as candidates in school board elections, doing the boring work of becoming real journalists, not radio pimps like Rush Limbaugh, and doing the boring stuff of being rank and file civil servants.  Liberals undermined these institutions from the inside by doing that sort of hard, tedious work, and the damage can only be repaired from the inside.  Electing some two-bit narcissistic SOB with a persecution complex is not going to help, and in fact will most likely hurt.

And no, we are not but a short step away from dictatorship, or if we are, that step is as short along Route Trump - with the echoes of national socialism from yesteryear beginning to ring in his speeches - as it is along Route Clinton.

So, if I am a child stamping my feet, then you are a prostitute, whoring yourself for a few measly pennies.  I'll take being a child over being a whore any day of the week.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:43:53 pm by Oceander »