Author Topic: Evan McMullin for President. Poised to take Utah!  (Read 7832 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Evan McMullin for President. Poised to take Utah!
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2016, 02:12:11 pm »
Evan McMullin ‏@Evan_McMullin  1h1 hour ago
Evan McMullin Retweeted Jonah Goldberg
Thank you for the morning laugh and endorsement, @JonahNRO. I'm only running because, like so many others, @smod2016 would not step up.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2016, 03:20:03 pm »
You're doing what Ted Cruz advised --  voting your conscience.  That's what everyone should be doing.  Don't let anyone denigrate your choice or try to force or shame you into voting for a particular candidate.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I can guarantee I won't be voting for either of the two Democrats.

THAT'S RIGHT. I am a Castle guy - but I could vote McMullin - If the Rockies are in rebellion and I can help, and McMullin is who is being lifted up, I'll vote that way.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2016, 06:09:49 pm »
He's 14% down on Trump in the Monmouth poll; he won't even get 1% nationally.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2016, 06:31:20 pm »
He doesn't need to do well nationally. He's not going to be President, there is zero chance of that.

All he has to do is take one state.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2016, 07:05:21 pm »
We don't need a 3rd Obama term, that's all McMillan represents to me.

More open borders, abortion on demand, unrest in the Middle East, Christian persecution and so on.  No to gun grabbing, no to Islam.

I was a solid Romney support, I don't support McMullin.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2016, 07:15:21 pm »
It is delightful to read a 4 page thread where people expressed their views without slandering and demeaning each other.  Big ups to all the participants.

I'm sure most here simply respect anyone who is trying to find an honest and principled public servant.   Unfortunately,  about 85% of the vote will be expended on the on the two warrior-clowns   I respect all who want to be part of the rebuilding.   

I keep wavering between Johnson and McMullin.   I gave McMillin some money, but his play's in Utah, not PA.    He's only a  write-in here in PA,  so I think my vote is more likely to go to Johnson,  but who knows?    I'm proud of 'em both,  I like them in different ways.    If I were Johnson, I'd reach out to McMullin with a stagey yet crafty proposition -   support Johnson and become Gary's National Security Advisor (or something similar).   Lord knows Johnson needs help on foreign policy, and who better than McMullin?   That'd be a cool team, no? 

The play then becomes Johnson winning both New Mexico and Utah,   and that creates a better chance to force things to the House.   
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 07:21:20 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2016, 07:20:16 pm »
Obamacare is failing  big time, remember how so many of us didn't want that?

With Hillary, more ISIS, more abortion, oppression of Christianity, so many failures as we see with Obama.

Trump wasn't my choice but he's way better than Obama/Bush/Clinton.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2016, 07:43:43 pm »
He's 14% down on Trump in the Monmouth poll; he won't even get 1% nationally.
Which is about 30 fewer percentage points down compared to any other third party candidate in the past 20 years.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2016, 07:48:03 pm »
I'm sure most here simply respect anyone who is trying to find an honest and principled public servant.   Unfortunately,  about 85% of the vote will be expended on the on the two warrior-clowns   I respect all who want to be part of the rebuilding.   

I keep wavering between Johnson and McMullin.   I gave McMillin some money, but his play's in Utah, not PA.    He's only a  write-in here in PA,  so I think my vote is more likely to go to Johnson,  but who knows?    I'm proud of 'em both,  I like them in different ways.    If I were Johnson, I'd reach out to McMullin with a stagey yet crafty proposition -   support Johnson and become Gary's National Security Advisor (or something similar).   Lord knows Johnson needs help on foreign policy, and who better than McMullin?   That'd be a cool team, no? 

The play then becomes Johnson winning both New Mexico and Utah,   and that creates a better chance to force things to the House.
My advice:

If you're in Utah, vote McMullin. Otherwise, vote Johnson. Johnson's on the ballot in all 50. McMullin's not, and he's down under 1% everywhere else but Utah. Johnson's consistently in the 5-10 range in most states; in his home state of New Mexico, Johnson's ranging in the teens to 20s. As far as making the biggest impact on the election, in most places Johnson gives you the better chance.

If I'm Johnson, I pull out of Utah, and I make a deal with McMullin offering him a cabinet position if Johnson picks off New Mexico and one other state, and McMullin gets Utah.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2016, 07:48:49 pm »
Obamacare is failing  big time, remember how so many of us didn't want that?
Trump's solution? "The government's going to pay for it!"

Neither Trump nor Clinton are going to free us from the mandate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2016, 08:30:30 pm »
My advice:

If you're in Utah, vote McMullin. Otherwise, vote Johnson. Johnson's on the ballot in all 50. McMullin's not, and he's down under 1% everywhere else but Utah. Johnson's consistently in the 5-10 range in most states; in his home state of New Mexico, Johnson's ranging in the teens to 20s. As far as making the biggest impact on the election, in most places Johnson gives you the better chance.

If I'm Johnson, I pull out of Utah, and I make a deal with McMullin offering him a cabinet position if Johnson picks off New Mexico and one other state, and McMullin gets Utah.

That's probably easier to pull off than my idea.   Johnson is posing problems for McMullin in Utah, he's splitting the vote.   And a link-up with McMullin could help Johnson as foreign policy is proving a critical weakness for him, and the team-up would get a lot of news coverage.    If it works,  they split the  third party votes but Johnson will likely have the greater number and gets to be the one considered by the House, with McMullin at his side.   But it's also the more conservative play because even if Johnson can't get traction McMullin is boosted and in a stronger position to grab at least Utah. 

Good to see some outside the box thinking.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide