Author Topic: Evan McMullin for President. Poised to take Utah!  (Read 7834 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Evan McMullin for President. Poised to take Utah!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 03:34:33 pm »
100% spot on.. all these anti trumpers are throwing their vote away..

You goofed and put "anti" in there.

All the trumpers are throwing their votes away, when they could be voting for a conservative.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 03:38:19 pm »

Somehow I question the validity of that site..

As well you should.

Conservativetreehouse is this generations LGF.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 03:38:51 pm »

I'm still voting for Trump unless the video showing him saying the N word is true.

huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-a-HpjBwyE

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 03:40:44 pm »

When he loses, get back to me on exactly who threw their vote away.  He was the absolute worst choice to run for the office from the Republican side.

In reality, the ones tossing their vote away are the poor delusional fools who think he actually wanted to win or had a shot at winning.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 03:45:02 pm »
The problem with the 3rd partiers is that they cannot decide on a single candidate to rally around. We have people here voting for Johnson, McMullin, Castle, writing in Batman and Mickey Mouse, and God knows who else. It's a clown show (and Trump himself is the head clown no doubt).

But the effect is the same. When you hear liberals talk among themselves, they're more strategic. They'll vote 3rd parties but only if not in a swing state, etc. etc.

Conservatives are just extremely stupid people. That's the only conclusion I can draw from this?  :shrug:

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 03:51:11 pm »
When he loses, get back to me on exactly who threw their vote away.  He was the absolute worst choice to run for the office from the Republican side.

If all you conservative anti trumpers would vote for him he would win.. The polls are very close.

All the democrats stick together.  Conservtaives/Republicans can learn a lesson from this.

Have fun when Hillary takes away your guns after 8 years and decimates Christian schools and churches with PC nonsense.

@txradioguy
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:52:56 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 03:53:08 pm »
The problem with the 3rd partiers is that they cannot decide on a single candidate to rally around. We have people here voting for Johnson, McMullin, Castle, writing in Batman and Mickey Mouse, and God knows who else. It's a clown show (and Trump himself is the head clown no doubt).

But the effect is the same. When you hear liberals talk among themselves, they're more strategic. They'll vote 3rd parties but only if not in a swing state, etc. etc.

Conservatives are just extremely stupid people. That's the only conclusion I can draw from this?  :shrug:

As Francisco d'Anconia would say, "check your premises."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 03:54:51 pm »
If all you conservative anti trumpers would vote for him he would win.. The polls are very close.

All the democrats stick together.  Conservtaives/Republicans can learn a lesson from this.

Have fun when Hillary takes away your guns after 8 years and decimates Christian schools and churches with PC nonsense.

@txradioguy

Don't give up your day job, you ain't Kreskin.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 03:55:02 pm »

All the trumpers are throwing their votes away, when they could be voting for a conservative.

Most of the conservative party people running are nut jobs-they are on the fringe.. Vast amount of American people would never vote for them.

@Suppressed

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 03:56:21 pm »
Most of the conservative party people running are nut jobs-they are on the fringe.. Vast amount of American people would never vote for them.

@Suppressed

Pretty much. One of the clowns had a total of 3 grand in his campaign coffers, as reported in here. Glad to know I have more money in my bank account than in this guy's campaign.

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 03:56:49 pm »
As Francisco d'Anconia would say, "check your premises."

:shrug:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 03:59:57 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 04:00:41 pm »

@mirraflake

No.  I would be throwing my vote away if I wasted it on Trump or Clinton.  There was never a chance that I would vote for either.

If McMullin gets enough votes, it might be the laying of groundwork to one day break out of the two-party system, which has become completely corrupted.

George Washington was right.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 04:01:19 pm »

We don't want the stain from this POS candidate who never was Republican to stick to us.

You can have that barnyard odor all to yourself.

@txradioguy

So we should be more like the Liberals?  What a Progressive idea.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 04:02:41 pm »
@mirraflake

No.  I would be throwing my vote away if I wasted it on Trump or Clinton.  There was never a chance that I would vote for either.

If McMullin gets enough votes, it might be the laying of groundwork to one day break out of the two-party system, which has become completely corrupted.

As was Alexander Hamilton:

"If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures."

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 04:02:54 pm »

Pretty much. One of the clowns had a total of 3 grand in his campaign coffers, as reported in here. Glad to know I have more money in my bank account than in this guy's campaign.

Some are also grifters. Their full time job is running for President and they get enough money from gulliable people to have a nice income. 

@Weird Tolkienish Figure 

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2016, 04:03:18 pm »
@mirraflake

Doubtful.

The right of center vote will be split and the left will have free reign over the Federal government for years to come.

Trump split our votes because of GOP incompetence and the stupidity of conservatives. Conservatives aren't even smart enough to recognize that WTA was a huge reason why Trump won. With a Democratic primary system, Trump would never have happened.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2016, 04:04:25 pm »

So we should be more like the Liberals?  What a Progressive idea.

If they vote as one block and we vote as multiple blocks we never will win.

@txradioguy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2016, 04:07:49 pm »
If they vote as one block and we vote as multiple blocks we never will win.

@txradioguy

That will work until the UniParty runs out of OPM, Other People's Money.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 04:08:10 pm »

@Suppressed

That has been a problem for a long time. Anyone promoting real change is accused of being on the lunatic fringe and marginalized. JFK (say what you want) was looking to buck the system in his own way and got his head blown off for his trouble.

Vast amounts of American people aren't worth the paper they are printed on. And they are about to be marginalized big time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2016, 04:14:50 pm »

You make a good point, @mirraflake.

The Trump crowd threw the election by voting for the most disliked candidate, instead of sticking together and nominating a better choice -- someone with broader appeal.  This was a hugely stupid move.  But in a first-past-the-post voting system like we have, that's what you get if you aren't smart.

Thank you for pointing this out.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2016, 04:16:46 pm »
As was Alexander Hamilton:

@Night Hides Not

Yes.  I wonder if they incorporated that one into the musical, lol.

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2016, 04:22:57 pm »

Doubtful.

The right of center vote will be split and the left will have free reign over the Federal government for years to come.

Trump split our votes because of GOP incompetence and the stupidity of conservatives. Conservatives aren't even smart enough to recognize that WTA was a huge reason why Trump won. With a Democratic primary system, Trump would never have happened.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Chances are you're probably right, but what the hell.  When one candidate is a lying all-around bag of corruption and the other is a lying con-man with a record of sexual assault, it's either vote down-ticket only, stay home, or go for someone who won't win but who will keep my conscience from clawing my brain to bloody shreds.

Agree about the WTA & open primaries.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2016, 04:22:58 pm »
He brushes it broader than that.  Falsely accusing a whole group of racism is a type of racism.

I disagree, when we look at his actual statements in the article...the actual quotes.

Each time he talks of racism, he refers to Donald Trump and his supporters.  He very explicitly says, "...And Donald Trump made it ever more clear that there is a serious problem of racism in the Republican Party. That is the problem. Not conservative ideals. Racism is not conservatism."

"A serious problem of racism in the Republican Party" is not saying that the party is racist, but that it has an element that is racist.  And I agree with him on that... and that element needs to be weeded out!

I'm posting the link here again...so you can refer to it and see that he's not broadbrushing the party at all:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/evan-mcmullin-theres-nothing-wrong-with-gop-except-racism/article/2604432 
+++++++++

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2016, 04:35:05 pm »

Then I'll do so, with joy.   

Except that I don't look at a vote against Trump as a wasted vote,  I look at it as a strategic vote to repudiate a hateful brand of populism that's IMO indistinguishable from fascism, and that trades on the label "conservative".   I want the good name of conservatism back,  and I'm willing to suffer four years of Clinton to do it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide