Author Topic: Evan McMullin for President. Poised to take Utah!  (Read 7833 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Evan McMullin for President. Poised to take Utah!
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 04:41:17 pm »

True, but a white guy saying it is not good.. I normally early vote, but not this time.
I'm still trying to figure out, not really, why Lord Foul isn't a White guy, he sure as hell isn't really a Black man or a man even. :whistle:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 04:45:39 pm »
Trump 34%
Clinton 28%
McMullin 20%

Monmouth.

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2016/10/13/utah-trump-34-clinton-28-mcmullin-20-johnson-9/

Even if its a different poll; that's a big margin.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2016, 04:47:29 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out, not really, why Lord Foul isn't a White guy, he sure as hell isn't really a Black man or a man even. :whistle:

The Wounded Land.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2016, 04:54:48 pm »
It does not read that way to me.  I would love to be wrong about it.  I won't deny how I take it so far.  If there is some other source where he is more clear, by all means share.  But I disagree with your interpretation of the article.  While he does specify Trump and the 'ettes...he also smears the entire Republican Party.

There were the other two issues I mentioned -- big government being the solution to problems and agreeing with the libs on criminal justice reform.  I think McMullin is trying to carve a political niche out for himself that is more strategic than honest.

This doesn't sound like a big-government guy...

"I believe that true conservative principles are the answer to these challenges that we're describing and appealing to these different groups," he began. "The Republican Party has deviated from that for a while — I'm talking about the growth of government. The Republican Party has contributed to that. Depriving people of their individual liberties. I'm talking about crony capitalism, which is something I saw from the inside. It's a terrible thing. That also deprives people of their liberties and deprives the economy of vibrancy."

"So true conservative principles — I don't think we need to change any of that. But we need to return to true conservative principles, which I'm describing as the fundamental ideals on which our country was founded. Equality, the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, with an emphasis on liberty in this case. This is what the Republican Party has gotten away from. This is why it has a problem with these groups. And if it were to embrace those causes truly, then I believe they would be able to appeal more."

On criminal justice reform, read it in context:

"We learned lessons after 2012 that we needed to appeal to [minority and younger voters], I don't think by changing policy as much" — McMullin stopped himself to list some issues the GOP might take up, mentioning criminal justice reform, anti-poverty programs, and general government reform — "but it's a lot about tone."

He's saying we need to address these issues, even if we don't change policy.  Should we instead just bury our heads in the sand and ignore these issues in the same tone-deaf manner we've seen?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2016, 04:56:37 pm »
Most of the conservative party people running are nut jobs-they are on the fringe.. Vast amount of American people would never vote for them.

@mirraflake

Okay, so Marco Rubio is a "nut job on the fringe who vast numbers of American people would never vote for" but Trump is popular and mainstream?

:silly:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:57:07 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline CSM

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2016, 04:57:05 pm »
You want real funny?

Nevada has a "None of the Above" option on the vote. That could win ....

Hahaha!  There was a movie where that movement got real attention!

Offline CSM

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2016, 05:04:40 pm »
You make a good point, @mirraflake.

The Trump crowd threw the election by voting for the most disliked candidate, instead of sticking together and nominating a better choice -- someone with broader appeal. 

Not only did they not rally around a conservative, they trashed conservatives.  They abused us and now want us to "stick together."  Nope.  Not gonna happen.

They wanted him at any cost.  This is the cost.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2016, 05:07:00 pm »
@mirraflake

Okay, so Marco Rubio is a "nut job on the fringe who vast numbers of American people would never vote for" but Trump is popular and mainstream?

:silly:

I was referring to guys like castle/mullen etc.  .

@Suppressed

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2016, 05:15:26 pm »
Most of the conservative party people running are nut jobs-they are on the fringe.. Vast amount of American people would never vote for them.
That's only because Trump has most of the GOP in his clutch and no one dares go against him. It's party politics at its worst.

You're then left with the eccentrics who have nothing to lose. Even Castle was coerced back into the race and even now doesn't seem to be running all that much of a campaign.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2016, 05:16:52 pm »
Then I'll do so, with joy.   

Except that I don't look at a vote against Trump as a wasted vote,  I look at it as a strategic vote to repudiate a hateful brand of populism that's IMO indistinguishable from fascism, and that trades on the label "conservative".   I want the good name of conservatism back,  and I'm willing to suffer four years of Clinton to do it.

Jazz, I hear you loud and clear, but his country will not survive four years under a Clinton/Alinsky administration; she is going to allow millions of Muslims into this country as well as granting amnesty to millions and she desires open border for the entire Western Hemisphere.  If we look at what is happening over in Europe over the past year, massive immigration has forever changed not only the demographics of Europe but the sovereignty of individual countries is in jeopardy if non-existent. Several countries have decided to erect border fences or walls. 

Her interest in open borders is not a humanitarian effort but rather an assurance that we have a one party system.  To think that we are going to survive 4 years of massive immigration, especially immigration from countries with known terrorists who have stated that their objective is to destroy and kill us is really naive. Sharia law without massive Muslim migration is already creeping into our society.

Honestly ask yourself two questions.  Under a Hillary presidency do you think that our rights under the Constitution will survive? Do you think by the sheer numbers of new DEM voters as a result of massive immigration, that any Republican will ever have a chance of winning another election?

We need to make sure that Clinton is stopped and that she won't run again.  The Clinton dynasty, the Clinton corruption and the Clinton agenda needs to be stopped.  We have a chance this election to do so; otherwise you can kiss this country and our rights under the Constitution good-bye.

We've held a majority in both houses of Congress for nearly 2 years and Hussein is still side-stepping Congress and issuing executive orders.  Do you really think that Congress will be able to keep her under control??  Even more likely that they won't as it looks inevitable that we are losing the Senate and perhaps even the House.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/624488/Europe-border-fences-migrant-crisis
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:17:43 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2016, 05:30:02 pm »
I never said we should bury out heads in the sand.   Be angry if you like, but I've already said how it reads to me and explained myself in detail.  There is no reason to go around and around.  You can highlight something about the growth of government, but it does not change the programs he is advocating.

I'm not angry. 

Would you mind pointing me to something saying he's advocating big-government programs?
+++++++++

Offline roamer_1

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2016, 02:51:02 am »
To whomever read this thread.....I am backing away from supporting Castle.  I do not buy the crazy criticism about him (hello Frank) but I just do not agree with a few more of his positions.  The Constitution Party started out with such promise.  If what I read is true, Castle does not really represent the Constitution Party platform.  There's a lot of that sort of thing going around.  I also thought he almost sounded like a Trump supporter in his debate 2 comments.  Ugh!

I won't go with McMullin mainly because I can't find anywhere that he even has the courage to express an opinion on marriage.  To me that issue is just so vile -- Trump level vile -- that it is a deal breaker for me.  I could overlook a lot of what I do not agree with, but not that.  Neither will a partner with someone willing to brush the racist label too broadly.  There must be precision when making that charge.

So I will write in Roy Moore and if they toss it out they toss it out.  It is a loss no matter what.

See, Ratty, your perfect candidate exists only as a figment to your fevered imagination. I'm sure if Roy Moore were to run, your perfect immaculate candidate, he'd have some position you disagreed with and you'd have to find someone even more kooky to write in.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2016, 03:26:32 am »
I love Roy Moore 1000% and would not be at all disappointed.   I don't care what you think about that.  It is my vote.  You can smear him as kooky for your own reasons.  I really do not care.  I think he is MAN OF THE YEAR as Steve Deace labeled him.  All the other judges think they have the power to amend the constitution according to their own wishes.  Moore stands up for what is right no matter what.

So flame away.  I am beyond caring.  3rd party and write in votes are token votes.  They are protest votes and should therefore be your IDEAL, not a compromise vote.  That is the whole point.  So I am going with Roy Moore.  It is a statement vote.

It is a crappy election cycle. Keep the faith. The I AM is in me. HE (I am)  is undefeatable and unbreakable.

https://youtu.be/xWlFXGSrJgA

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2016, 03:37:13 am »
I'm witting in McMullin, but certainly would not argue with someone voting for the Constitution party candidate. As always the problem with the conservative vote is that its splintered. My hope would be that whichever Conservative candidate gets the most votes  this time around that in four years that canidate could be some one that most conservatives could rally around. If McMullin could take Utah and come close in a few other states that would be a tremendous victory for Conservatives and give us a fighting chance next time...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2016, 04:54:20 am »
It is delightful to read a 4 page thread where people expressed their views without slandering and demeaning each other.  Big ups to all the participants.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2016, 04:56:23 am »
It is delightful to read a 4 page thread where people expressed their views without slandering and demeaning each other.  Big ups to all the participants.

You suck. Go to hell.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2016, 05:00:45 am »
I'm witting in McMullin, but certainly would not argue with someone voting for the Constitution party candidate. As always the problem with the conservative vote is that its splintered. My hope would be that whichever Conservative candidate gets the most votes  this time around that in four years that canidate could be some one that most conservatives could rally around. If McMullin could take Utah and come close in a few other states that would be a tremendous victory for Conservatives and give us a fighting chance next time...

So far I am still with McMullin.  Watched a couple Castle video's.  Didn't feel the connection.  I can't say I don't agree with him on abortion and marriage.  But I didn't feel like he has the energy or the positions to make strides in the "right" direction.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2016, 05:04:48 am »
You suck. Go to hell.
If I wanted to be insulted, condemned, and despised I'd call my Mother.

HonestJohn

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2016, 05:11:03 am »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2016, 08:39:12 am »
I like cheese.

My sister's turtle once bit a møøse.
+++++++++

Offline Applewood

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2016, 12:20:52 pm »
To whomever read this thread.....I am backing away from supporting Castle.  I do not buy the crazy criticism about him (hello Frank) but I just do not agree with a few more of his positions.  The Constitution Party started out with such promise.  If what I read is true, Castle does not really represent the Constitution Party platform.  There's a lot of that sort of thing going around.  I also thought he almost sounded like a Trump supporter in his debate 2 comments.  Ugh!

I won't go with McMullin mainly because I can't find anywhere that he even has the courage to express an opinion on marriage.  To me that issue is just so vile -- Trump level vile -- that it is a deal breaker for me.  I could overlook a lot of what I do not agree with, but not that.  Neither will I partner with someone willing to brush the racist label too broadly.  There must be precision when making that charge.

So I will write in Roy Moore and if they toss it out they toss it out.  It is a loss no matter what.

You're doing what Ted Cruz advised --  voting your conscience.  That's what everyone should be doing.  Don't let anyone denigrate your choice or try to force or shame you into voting for a particular candidate.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I can guarantee I won't be voting for either of the two Democrats. 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2016, 12:22:37 pm »
If I wanted to be insulted, condemned, and despised I'd call my Mother.

Or your psychotherapist.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2016, 01:56:21 pm »
Just listened to two interviews with Evan on the Glenn Beck Show. Where has this guy been when we needed him during the Primaries?  The man is brilliant and on top of the issues. I will be writing him in.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Silver Pines

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2016, 02:10:38 pm »
It is a crappy election cycle. Keep the faith. The I AM is in me. HE (I am)  is undefeatable and unbreakable.

https://youtu.be/xWlFXGSrJgA

@bigheadfred

Amen.  He'll still be in control, no matter who ends up in the Oval Office.