Author Topic: The Left condemns the GOP candidate even as it celebrates crudity and sexual exhibitionism throughout the culture  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
The Left condemns the GOP candidate even as it celebrates crudity and sexual exhibitionism throughout the culture

By Heather Mac Donald City Journal
Published Oct. 11, 2016

Democrats and their media allies, joined by many Republicans, are calling on Donald Trump to withdraw from the presidential race after a newly released, decade-old tape of a frat-house-level conversation between Trump and television host Billy Bush in 2005, in which Trump boasted of his heavy-handed pursuit of females. Trump describes trying unsuccessfully to seduce a married woman by taking her furniture shopping, speaking in the crudest terms. He brags that because he was a star he could "grab [females] by the bleep" and claims to Bush that he starts kissing beautiful women "like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything." Bush eggs him on: "Whatever you want!" (Bush being a more admiring confidante than Leporello to Don Giovanni).

The response has been swift and apocalyptic. Hillary Clinton tweeted: "This is horrific. We cannot allow this man to become president." Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine told reporters: "It makes me sick to my stomach." Slate's science editor wrote that "I feel sicker after seeing it than I can remember feeling in a while." Another Slate columnist writes that Trump and Bush "can't see their female colleagues as anything but collections of f*able or unf*able body parts. They exhibit a complete disregard for women's humanity, agency, and internal lives."

Now why might it be that men regard women as sex objects? Surely the ravenous purchase by females of stiletto heels, push-up bras, butt-hugging mini-skirts, plunging necklines, false eyelashes, hair extensions, breast implants, butt implants, lip implants, and mascara, rouge, and lipstick to the tune of billions a year has nothing to do with it. Females would never ever exploit their sexuality to seek attention from men....
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1016/mac_donald101116.php3#BTZPPvJsdleOqfCf.99
Some good and some not so good points. Yes the liberals have no right to complain when they spent years defending Bubba. But both Trump and Bubba were wrong end of story.
No matter what women wear or buy the onus is on men to be gentleman. Some Muslims argue anything that shows off to much ankle is asking for assault. The authors opinion is a little less strict, but seems to use the same line of reasoning. On the other hand she has a point about the crowd Trump used to hang with, but what does that say about Trump?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:03:09 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
==========
"The sudden onset of Victorian vapors among the liberal intelligentsia and political class at the revelation of Trump's locker-room talk is part and parcel of the Left's hypocrisy when it comes to feminism and sexual liberation. A routine objection to Trump is that he makes, in the words of the New York Times, "gutter attacks on women." But why should women be exempt from Trump's gutter attacks on anyone he wants to humiliate? Trump's gratuitous nastiness to men and women alike, kicking people when they are down, unfits him to serve as the premier civic role model for the nation's children. But the feminists can't have it both ways: declaring that women should be equal to men in all things and then still demand a chivalric deference to female's delicate sensibilities. Either women are the same as men or they're not. It is particularly galling to see the selective resurrection of Victorian values from the same crowd that has been pushing transgender locker rooms on the world, in an effort to destroy the last shred of girls' innate sexual modesty."

Offline dfwgator

Even today, who did Hillary have on stage with her?   The Crazed Sex Poodle himself.

geronl

Offline LMAO

Watching people like Hillary Clinton and Ah nold express shock and outrage at what Trump has said is the ultimate hypocrisy.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy