Author Topic: In Supporting Trump, Conservative Men Abandon Conservative Women  (Read 2154 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
On October 7, the Washington Post released video of GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump making lewd remarks. The transcript is jaw-dropping. If it had been a Democratic nominee, the Republicans would have gotten on top of their moral high horse and chastised away......

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/10/supporting-trump-conservative-men-abandon-conservative-women/

Silver Pines

Re: In Supporting Trump, Conservative Men Abandon Conservative Women
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 03:30:37 pm »

@AbaraXas

Excellent article.

Lately I've seen accusations from Republican men, even here on this site, that women who don't like Trump's behavior are just playing into some kind of liberal feminist trope.  So the men who give lip service to protecting women tell me I should be okay with some gross old pervert who grabs private parts.

Then last night I saw a news segment about "Women For Trump", who are travelling around, tearfully explaining that Trump is just one of the boys and we women have to stand up for what's right and give up our crotches to a sexual abuser.

Now i know that conservative women lack self-respect and our men lack respect for us.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 03:43:12 pm »
@AbaraXas

Excellent article.

Lately I've seen accusations from Republican men, even here on this site, that women who don't like Trump's behavior are just playing into some kind of liberal feminist trope.  So the men who give lip service to protecting women tell me I should be okay with some gross old pervert who grabs private parts.

Then last night I saw a news segment about "Women For Trump", who are travelling around, tearfully explaining that Trump is just one of the boys and we women have to stand up for what's right and give up our crotches to a sexual abuser.

Now i know that conservative women lack self-respect and our men lack respect for us.

Because Hillary respects women so much?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 04:10:00 pm »

@driftdiver, no disrespect intended, but that's your response every single time.  When I saw your name, I knew what your post would be before I read it.  Again I'll reply to you---why in the hell are we supposed to settle for a piece of garbage because Hillary is no better?

I'm getting sick of that non-argument.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 04:18:25 pm »
@driftdiver, no disrespect intended, but that's your response every single time.  When I saw your name, I knew what your post would be before I read it.  Again I'll reply to you---why in the hell are we supposed to settle for a piece of garbage because Hillary is no better?

It makes them feel better I quess, since in the end, that's all they really have.

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 04:26:32 pm »
It makes them feel better I quess, since in the end, that's all they really have.

@Wingnut

Against my better judgment, I turned on Limbaugh for a few minutes.  He was ranting about the hypocrites who have a problem with a few rough words Trump uttered.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 04:40:29 pm »
@Wingnut

Against my better judgment, I turned on Limbaugh for a few minutes.  He was ranting about the hypocrites who have a problem with a few rough words Trump uttered.

@CatherineofAragon
You are braver than me.   I don't go near Talk radio these days.  All the negative waves and all...It harshes my mellow.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:41:00 pm by Wingnut »

Offline chae

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 04:42:21 pm »
All I've got to say is that if I'm walking down the street with my man and some random pervert grabs my crotch, I know my guy is probably going to be arrested for curb-stomping him. 
I can't believe these guys who are saying it's no big deal, like they'd be ok if that happened to their wife or daughter. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 05:22:00 pm »

@CatherineofAragon
@Wingnut

Its ironic how the twists of time have ended up with the reverse of whats happening on the TOS.   Say anything remotely positive about Trump and folks start throwing insults (@Wingnut)

Well those of you like that can stamp your feet and throw a tantrum while the country burns.  I detest Trump and the robots who blindly support him.   However we have one of two choices in a few weeks.   We can vote for Hillary or vote for Trump.   Not voting or voting for a third party may make you feel better but in the end its a failure to do your civic duty.  Your duty to the rest of the country.

The time for protest votes is gone.    We have been dealt a crap filled sandwich but its all there is.   Grow up and figure out a way to make this country a little better or shut your yap.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 05:32:53 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
@Wingnut

Its ironic how the twists of time have ended up with the reverse of whats happening on the TOS.   Say anything remotely positive about Trump and folks start throwing insults (@Wingnut)

Well those of you like that can stamp your feet and throw a tantrum while the country burns.  I detest Trump and the robots who blindly support him.   However we have one of two choices in a few weeks.   We can vote for Hillary or vote for Trump.   Not voting or voting for a third party may make you feel better but in the end its a failure to do your civic duty.  Your duty to the rest of the country.

The time for protest votes is gone.    We have been dealt a crap filled sandwich but its all there is.   Grow up and figure out a way to make this country a little better or shut your yap.

Keep telling yourself that if it will help you sleep at night.  A vote for Trump is a vote for Trump.   Nothing more.  It is not a vote for Making American Great.  The Con lives on.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 05:48:47 pm »
Of course not, but that doesn't mean Trump should get a pass either.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 05:51:54 pm »
All I've got to say is that if I'm walking down the street with my man and some random pervert grabs my crotch, I know my guy is probably going to be arrested for curb-stomping him. 
I can't believe these guys who are saying it's no big deal, like they'd be ok if that happened to their wife or daughter. 

You got that right.  And if someone said to me what Stern said to Trump about Trump's daughter, that person would be picking their teeth out of the back of their skull, not yucking it up with me.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 06:33:13 pm »

OR, Those to whom you refer are not Conservatives. By their nature, I suspect that to be the case.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »

YUP. But the only reason he's arrested is because of those dang high heels you're wearing... So hard to get away dragging along a woman stumbling in her heels ;)

The main reason to choose proper footwear.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »
We can vote for Hillary or vote for Trump.   Not voting or voting for a third party may make you feel better but in the end its a failure to do your civic duty.  Your duty to the rest of the country.

Thankfully, most Conservatives do not think like you do, lest this lecherous conman not only win, but be given a mandate to do all he wishes.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 10:02:08 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
You are braver than me.   I don't go near Talk radio these days.  All the negative waves and all...It harshes my mellow.

@Wingnut

I swore off Rush months and months ago...I got curious for some reason, turned him on, and he was ranting.

About the only one I listen to with any regularity anymore is Dana Loesch, because she makes me laugh until I gag.

geronl

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 10:05:12 pm »
Trump is a liberal, his voters are too

geronl

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 10:07:04 pm »
You got that right.  And if someone said to me what Stern said to Trump about Trump's daughter, that person would be picking their teeth out of the back of their skull, not yucking it up with me.

Ivanka was flattered hearing her dad say "She IS a nice piece of ---".....

I guess she was raised a certain way

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 10:16:27 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
@Wingnut

@driftdiver

Not shutting up.  If you think for one moment electing a damned abuser of women is going to make the country better, you need your head examined.  Or you need to go hunting for your moral compass. 

That absolute BS about a binary choice never did wash in the first place, but now that you're using it to try and tell me to vote for a pervert who grabs crotches is unbelievable.  It really is.  How low would the piece of garbage have to go for you?  How much is too much?  Are you that terrified of Hillary Clinton?

Whatever your reasoning, don't you dare sit there and tell me I need to vote for a sex criminal.  Understand?

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 10:17:56 pm »
OR, Those to whom you refer are not Conservatives. By their nature, I suspect that to be the case.

@roamer_1

My husband said the same thing.   ^-^

HonestJohn

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 10:19:20 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Harsh mah mellow?

You might like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pnTm-KK9k

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 10:28:40 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
@Wingnut

The part about this place becoming the reverse of TOS is uncomfortably close to being true.

Nothing anyone says here is going to affect the way this election goes, one way or the other. So it doesn't cost a thing to respect the various viewpoints being offered.