Author Topic: Donald Trump's Corruption Of The GOP Is Almost Complete  (Read 3669 times)

Silver Pines

Donald Trump's Corruption Of The GOP Is Almost Complete
« on: October 10, 2016, 07:27:02 pm »

Donald Trump's Corruption Of The GOP Is Almost Complete
by David French
10/10/2016

There are apparently no depths to which some Republicans won’t sink for this man.

Way back in March, my colleague Jonah Goldberg offered the perfect description of the way Trump’s endorsers become corrupted: It’s the invasion of the body snatchers. They’ve been taken over by a hostile organism. Sure, they look the same, but, in Jonah’s words, “They’re different, somehow. They talk funny. They don’t care about the same things they used to.”

Indeed. In the last three days, we’ve heard “conservatives” loudly justify a man’s bragging about committing sexual battery as nothing more than “locker-room talk.” Even worse, we’ve heard them say — out loud — that this is just how men behave. Judging from the avalanche of pro-Trump tweets over the weekend, his supporters have reached the point of arguing that if you haven’t been around this kind of conversation you’re not a real man. Bizarrely, Laura Ingraham even suggested last night that it’s time for Republicans to put on their “big-boy pants” and get behind the nominee.

We’ve now reached the point where you must plainly lie about men and masculinity in order to justify your support for Trump. A generation of conservative efforts to persuade the culture that there’s nothing inherently “toxic” about masculinity is being undone in a matter of days because a fading reality-TV star must be carried into the White House. Now you’re only wearing your “big-boy pants” if you embrace the masculinity of campus-feminist fever dreams, where every guy is a frat boy and every fraternity runs a rape room...

Read more at:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/440920/donald-trump-gop-corruption-almost-complete

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump's Corruption Of The GOP Is Almost Complete
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:37:54 pm »
Trump has so corrupted America that the only solution is one that Bret Stephens of the WSJ hoped for last January: He must be defeated so soundly and so thoroughly and by such huge numbers that his idiot followers will never try something like this again.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:42:56 pm »
I tend to agree with that, because otherwise the endless refrain will be voter fraud or something like that, and they'll never accept responsibility for what happened. 

Even if Trump loses in landslide, some of his supporters will never let go of the bitterness.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »
Trump has so corrupted America that the only solution is one that Bret Stephens of the WSJ hoped for last January: He must be defeated so soundly and so thoroughly and by such huge numbers that his idiot followers will never try something like this again.

Yep, so we can go right back to nominating milquetoast losers like Mitt Romney.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 07:50:30 pm »
I have thought a lot about the victims of predators like Trump (and Clinton) and how the madness of the defense of sexual assault by so-called "conservatives" is doing irreparable damage not only to the conservative "brand," but to the women (and girls) who have had their lives ruined by men who felt they could do whatever they wanted for their own gratification.

This is not just a political issue.  This is a fundamental, important moral issue that reveals the degradation of too large a percentage of both men and women because they have hitched their wagon to a politician, and won't let go.

I have a daughter who works with the victims of sex abuse.  She has found non-partisan support for the importance of righting the wrongs of the "boys will be boys" attitudes that have destroyed many young women's lives.

There was progress being made.  And now along comes predator Trump with his minions not only supporting his evil, but mocking people who see what he has done as wrong and harmful.

I am so ashamed of what has become of the party I once wholeheartedly supported because of the vile Donald Trump and his blind followers.

I truly don't think we recover from this in our lifetime.

And the women who will be abused because Donald Trump, much like Bill Clinton, made it OK to molest them will never recover.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 07:53:58 pm »

There is no weaker man than one like Trump who feels he can abuse women for his own power and gratification.

He is the weakest, most impotent, most filthy candidate the so-called Republican party has ever nominated.

He is beneath contempt for his weak and vile disrespect for women and anyone who interprets his sexual assault as strength has a seared conscience.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 07:55:08 pm »

@dfwgator

Because everyone knows the only choices are milquetoasts or perverts. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »
@dfwgator

Pretty much, since Reagan.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 08:00:46 pm »
@dfwgator

You realize how weak the defense of this vile predator is when you read the vacuous arguments of those who are trying to make this go away.

As I said before, being a predator like Trump is the most extreme weakness and impotence a man (and I use that term very loosely with Trump) can display.

Real men don't abuse women.  Real men don't brag about their conquests and their perversion.

Donald Trump has not reached manhood at the age of 70, and I'm sure never will.

He is a perverted boy.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 08:01:40 pm »

So you are advocating perversion, are you?

This is a good thing, this extreme weakness and lack of manliness that Trump displays??

Seriously??

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 08:02:48 pm »
I have thought a lot about the victims of predators like Trump (and Clinton) and how the madness of the defense of sexual assault by so-called "conservatives" is doing irreparable damage not only to the conservative "brand," but to the women (and girls) who have had their lives ruined by men who felt they could do whatever they wanted for their own gratification.

This is not just a political issue.  This is a fundamental, important moral issue that reveals the degradation of too large a percentage of both men and women because they have hitched their wagon to a politician, and won't let go.

I have a daughter who works with the victims of sex abuse.  She has found non-partisan support for the importance of righting the wrongs of the "boys will be boys" attitudes that have destroyed many young women's lives.

There was progress being made.  And now along comes predator Trump with his minions not only supporting his evil, but mocking people who see what he has done as wrong and harmful.

I am so ashamed of what has become of the party I once wholeheartedly supported because of the vile Donald Trump and his blind followers.

I truly don't think we recover from this in our lifetime.

And the women who will be abused because Donald Trump, much like Bill Clinton, made it OK to molest them will never recover.

@musiclady

All good points.

On another thread I posted a link to a picture of Trump supporters gathered outside RNC headquarters.  One of them held a sign that said "Better to grab a p***y than be one."

How is it possible that his backers haven't stepped away from him en masse?  It's really beyond comprehension.  If we've reached the point that people have no problem with sexual predation in a presidential nominee, then I believe the culture is completely corrupted and that nominee is a manifestation of God's judgment. 

Aside from that, the GOP will forever be linked with Trump and his issues.  We've lost the moral high ground; in fact the party has played right into the worst stereotypes promoted by liberals.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 08:04:32 pm »

@dfwgator

No.  We had good candidates.  But some people just wanted to have their temper tantrums.

Besides, faced with your choice, are you going to go with the pervert?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 08:07:16 pm »
So you are advocating perversion, are you?

This is a good thing, this extreme weakness and lack of manliness that Trump displays??

Seriously??

Is what Trump does any worse than probably what 99.9% of famous people do?  The difference-he's got a big mouth and brags about it.    And now all of these liberals are so "holier-than-thou."  Conservatives have the right to be "holier-than-thou", not them.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 08:09:00 pm »

Yeah, better to nominate a Yuge loser who not only gives the White House to a democrat on a silver platter, but also hands over control of the House and Senate.  Way to go bleep. 

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 08:11:03 pm »
Is what Trump does any worse than probably what 99.9% of famous people do?  The difference-he's got a big mouth and brags about it.    And now all of these liberals are so "holier-than-thou."  Conservatives have the right to be "holier-than-thou", not them.

Apparently you don't listen too well. Donald Trump confessed to sexually assaulting a woman on that tape, he didn't just talk about fantasy, he admitted it was reality. 

Since when is sexual assault - not sexual fantasy, sexual assault - a conservative value?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 08:11:48 pm »
@dfwgator

No.  We had good candidates.  But some people just wanted to have their temper tantrums.

None of those other candidates made their case, and stood out from the others.  There were WAY too many candidates in this race, and that's on the RNC...There should never be more than 3.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 08:15:05 pm »
@musiclady

All good points.

On another thread I posted a link to a picture of Trump supporters gathered outside RNC headquarters.  One of them held a sign that said "Better to grab a p***y than be one."

How is it possible that his backers haven't stepped away from him en masse?  It's really beyond comprehension.  If we've reached the point that people have no problem with sexual predation in a presidential nominee, then I believe the culture is completely corrupted and that nominee is a manifestation of God's judgment. 

Aside from that, the GOP will forever be linked with Trump and his issues.  We've lost the moral high ground; in fact the party has played right into the worst stereotypes promoted by liberals.

It is absolutely shameful that Trump and his backers are so emotionally entrenched with him that they are willing to throw away that high ground we have occupied for decades.

You are absolutely right that this will "prove" the formerly false stereotype of conservatives that liberals have accused us of for a very long time.

And where does that leave us, who actually believe in morality, integrity and decency?  We have no party that represents our values.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 08:15:23 pm »

Enough with the comparisons. It's almost as if you're justifying his behavior with "all famous people do what he does." 

No they don't, and you know it. 

And, no, "conservatives" who back Trump have no right to act "holy" about anything.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 08:16:24 pm »

None of those other candidates made their case, and stood out from the others.  There were WAY too many candidates in this race, and that's on the RNC...There should never be more than 3.   

No, you bleep simply didn't want to listen.  You didn't want a candidate or a leader, you wanted some trash talking bully who would strut and preen and make up for your beta-level manhood. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 08:16:59 pm »
It is absolutely shameful that Trump and his backers are so emotionally entrenched with him that they are willing to throw away that high ground we have occupied for decades.

You are absolutely right that this will "prove" the formerly false stereotype of conservatives that liberals have accused us of for a very long time.

And where does that leave us, who actually believe in morality, integrity and decency?  We have no party that represents our values.

And what has that "High Ground" gotten us?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 08:17:35 pm »
Apparently you don't listen too well. Donald Trump confessed to sexually assaulting a woman on that tape, he didn't just talk about fantasy, he admitted it was reality. 

Since when is sexual assault - not sexual fantasy, sexual assault - a conservative value?

Since Donald Trump pretended to be a Republican and enabled those who claimed conservatism but not morality to come out from under their rocks....

NOW sexual assault will be associated with conservatism, not only because of Trump, but because of the amoral lackeys defending the indefensible.

geronl

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 08:20:14 pm »

Conservatives need to throw Trump under the bus

geronl

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 08:20:52 pm »

exactly

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 08:22:19 pm »
And what has that "High Ground" gotten us?

What a disturbing question!

Where does morality "get us??"  Where does integrity "get us??"

The fact that you ask the question is proof that you have abandoned all that is right and good for political power.

That's disgusting.

And a 'value' of the extreme left.

Besides which, your beloved, vile hero Donald is going to LOSE BIG TIME because he is a reprobate.

So your desired filthiness isn't getting you anywhere either now............. is it??

Offline endicom

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 08:26:31 pm »
Trump has so corrupted America...

Not just the GOP but all of America! Oh! Like! Wow!

And he's killed all of the polar bears with his ligers.