Author Topic: ‘Our country deserves better’: John Kasich says he won’t vote for Trump after leak of ‘disgusting’ video  (Read 3958 times)

Online libertybele

Kasich's political advisor gets it right.  Rubio and Cruz need to rescind their endorsement of Trump and Pence needs to resign. I think they would all be wise to heed his words and warning.

‘Our country deserves better’: John Kasich says he won’t vote for Trump after leak of ‘disgusting’ video

Referring to Donald Trump’s comments on a 2005 tape as “disgusting,” Ohio Gov. John Kasich today joined the chorus of Republican leaders saying they will not support or vote for the GOP nominee for president.

Trump “is a man I cannot and should not support,” the Republican governor said in a statement. “The actions of the last day are disgusting, but that’s not why I reached this decision[. It] has been an accumulation of his words and actions that many have been warning about. I will not vote for a nominee who has behaved in a manner that reflects so poorly on our country. Our country deserves better.”

Kasich, a rival of Trump’s for the GOP nomination, had withheld his endorsement of Trump but had not said he would ultimately not support him. His Saturday statement goes considerably beyond his previous comments.

At the same time, Kasich’s chief political adviser, veteran GOP consultant John Weaver, called on other Republican officeholders — such as Sens. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz — to rescind their endorsement of Trump, saying that anybody who does not will be forever tainted in Republican politics. Weaver added, in a reference to Trump’s vice presidential running mate, “Mike Pence should resign.”..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/our-country-deserves-better-john-kasich-trashes-trump-after-2005-video-leak-181610652.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Sayeth the guy who palled around with Gary Condit.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:46:20 am by dfwgator »

Offline Frank Cannon

Right John. No one with a pulse ever believed that you would vote fore anyone other than Hilary. This is grandstanding garbage.

Oceander

Pence should not resign because right now his presence on the ticket may be the only thing that might - I say might - allow the GOP to replace Trump and still have a shot at remaining on the ballot.  I say this because Pence already is on the ballot, in all 50 states, and will remain there - AFAIK - so long as he does not resign, even if Trump drops out or is forced out.  Lose Pence, and the chances of getting a new team in the running are probably very low.

Offline dfwgator

‘Our country deserves better’

And that ain't you, John.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Like Kasich except for his illegal immigration stance. Seemed like a good guy though. :(

Offline beandog

I'm not sure most of the country does deserve better.  If that was the case we wouldn't be stuck with the Donald and the Beast. **nononono*

Offline sinkspur

Pence should not resign because right now his presence on the ticket may be the only thing that might - I say might - allow the GOP to replace Trump and still have a shot at remaining on the ballot.  I say this because Pence already is on the ballot, in all 50 states, and will remain there - AFAIK - so long as he does not resign, even if Trump drops out or is forced out.  Lose Pence, and the chances of getting a new team in the running are probably very low.

Doesn't matter.  Trump is toast, and Pence would be toast too.  GOP may as well cut their losses and focus on Congress.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline dfwgator

Like Kasich except for his illegal immigration stance.

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

• Technical

Your boy Trump's gonna lose, bigtime. Kasich was at least smarter than Trump.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:57:00 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online libertybele

Whether one likes Kasich or not isn't the point here. The point is everyone who values their careers and their Congressional seats in the future need to rescind their endorsements.  If Pence doesn't step down, there goes any chance he ever had of being president (if that's what he's eventually aiming for).   

Rubio is struggling right now to hold onto his seat and Cruz's seat will be up in 2018; Trump right now isn't doing either one of them any good.

IMHO the GOP is going to be lucky to hold on to the House.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Doesn't matter.  Trump is toast, and Pence would be toast too.  GOP may as well cut their losses and focus on Congress.

Exactly.  Sorry to repeat myself again, but it's the Senate that matters the most. We will lose this country if we don't hold the Senate.

• Technical
Exactly.  Sorry to repeat myself again, but it's the Senate that matters the most. We will lose this country if we don't hold the Senate.

Nate Silver has it at 50-50 tie, of course these polls were taken before the scandal broke.

I can't imagine the Trumptanic goes down and we keep the Senate but maybe stranger things will have happened? Maybe wishful thinking.

Offline Frank Cannon

That's funny, I don't care who you ask.

Offline Frank Cannon

Quote from: libertybele link=topic=228655.msg1084533#msg1084533 date=1475978230

[/quote

Let's not get hysterical here. We ain't losing the House.

Online libertybele

[quote author=libertybele link=topic=228655.msg1084533#msg1084533 date=1475978230

Let's not get hysterical here. We ain't losing the House.

Not getting hysterical; I am being realistic.  Tomorrow night is the debate ... he has refused to prepare and now this is lurking over his head.  He has even been so smug as to state that he continues to have tremendous support.  He's self-imploding...how long do you think it's going to take before he takes Congress down with him?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/08/republicans-distance-selves-from-trump-call-for-him-to-quit-after-damaging-video.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Not getting hysterical; I am being realistic.  Tomorrow night is the debate ... he has refused to prepare and now this is lurking over his head.  He has even been so smug as to state that he continues to have tremendous support.  He's self-imploding...how long do you think it's going to take before he takes Congress down with him?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/08/republicans-distance-selves-from-trump-call-for-him-to-quit-after-damaging-video.html

The House is safe. Between Gerrymandered seats and the huge gains in the last couple cycles, it ain't going to flip. The Senate is a different story.

Offline sinkspur

The Trump women learned long ago how to protect their private parts when the Donald is around:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

Whether one likes Kasich or not isn't the point here. The point is everyone who values their careers and their Congressional seats in the future need to rescind their endorsements.  If Pence doesn't step down, there goes any chance he ever had of being president (if that's what he's eventually aiming for).   

Rubio is struggling right now to hold onto his seat and Cruz's seat will be up in 2018; Trump right now isn't doing either one of them any good.

You're right that it isn't about Kasich, but to most people not particularly politically informed, but paying attention, Kasich was the decent guy on the stage, so what he says matters.

Truthfully, though, I think we lost the Senate the moment Trump "won" the nomination.

Everyone who looked and saw who he was knew he was going to lose.  The fact that he's an overt pervert just sealed the deal.

He's had LOSER stamped on his forehead since before he ran.

Now he has LOSING DEGENERATE written all over his face.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

The Trump women learned long ago how to protect their private parts when the Donald is around:

That's actually very unusual to see all those broads do that at the same time. It is also one hell of a pile of high maintenance hot chicks.......and a pile of creepy 80's movie villains.

Online libertybele

Maybe he will get the National Enquirer to print some slimy story about Hillary and he can refer to that during the debate.  That's how Trump prepares.

Instead of having a debate about the issues it will turn into a circus; who sexually assaulted women more times; Trump or Bill?  Trump will deflect the issue by also saying how much his supporters love him and that he has tremendous support.  Believe me!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'm proud of my support and vote for John Kasich.   Like the willow,  he bent but never broke.  Even Cruz genuflected,  but Kasich remained a lion,  in winter to be sure,  but still standing for a lot of us who remember "what we saw at the revolution".   What conservatism once was, it can be again,  thanks to the integrity of men like John Kasich.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

:bigsilly:

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm proud of my support and vote for John Kasich.   Like the willow,  he bent but never broke.  Even Cruz genuflected,  but Kasich remained a lion,  in winter to be sure,  but still standing for a lot of us who remember "what we saw at the revolution".   What conservatism once was, it can be again,  thanks to the integrity of men like John Kasich.

John Kasich is a self serving slut who wraps himself up in the Bible to shield the fact that he is a Statist hack.

Offline dfwgator

John Kasich is a self serving slut who wraps himself up in the Bible to shield the fact that he is a Statist hack.

I'm sure Hillary and Company had plenty of dirt on Kasich and his pal, Condidit.