Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Tax Records Obtained by The Times Reveal He Could Have Avoided Paying Taxes for Nearly Two Decades  (Read 30670 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Let me put it another way....

If he were a private citizen applying for a job at the White House to iron table cloths, he would have to release all of his tax returns and disclose a lot more in the security background check. Wouldn't we expect just as much disclosure for someone applying for the Commander in Chief Job- in the very least, the same background check as the most basic of staff.

We all cheered when DCLeaks dumped the DNC emails, many of which were private correspondence, and Wikileaks put out Hillary's emails and Clinton Foundation records.

Wikileaks will be releasing a lot more of Hillary's emails on Tuesday. Are we supposed to be disturbed or cheer her private correspondence released.

Remember Clinton Foundation financial records were released just like this, and we cheered that.  You can't get it both ways. Either we want the light shining on all of it or none of it.

The fact of the matter is these are no longer private citizens, they are applying for the very public job, and the most important job, and both of them have been trying to hide information that you or I would be required to release if we were applying for far less.

I understand and agree...but you would volunteer to do this...I am sure you might think differently if your records were stolen and published.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

as an ex wife and probably still being supported by Trump she would be VERY stupid to give these records to the NYT's...and I doubt she did..

There are many entities that that could have Trump's tax returns as part of their records, particularly banks. Trump is a fool to think he can hide all this particularly with the Clinton machine and the Democratic party on the other end. Obama won his senate seat by leaking the divorce records of his opponent just before the election. Crooked is how they operate but Trump is no different. Remember all the crap about leaking things about Cruz and his wife from Trump? The National Enquirer is run by a close friend of Trump.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:25:05 am by DB »

Offline cato potatoe

Tax law isn't theory, its law.  :shrug:

Trump uses the law to minimize his payment of taxes...in other news water is wet.

I'm talking about your theory as to why his income doesn't show up in tax returns.  From his accountant's explanation of the never-ending "audit," it's possible he is still working through NOLs.  Imagine what's going to happen if 25 years of returns are leaked, and he hasn't paid one damn cent.  You don't think he had a moral obligation to share this information with the GOP during the primaries?

Offline sinkspur

Jay Cost ‏@JayCostTWS  28m28 minutes ago
A few thoughts on Trump's zero-dollar tax liability. (1) As a political issue, this will probably matter. Voters don't like stuff like this.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DB

I understand and agree...but you would volunteer to do this...I am sure you might think differently if your records were stolen and published.

Had Trump not lied about his net worth and not manipulated the tax system he'd be able to release his tax returns and stand by them as an example of an self made upright honest citizen. But he's not. And he therefore has no business being anywhere near the most powerful job on the planet. He's a con man to his core.

Offline sinkspur

From April of 2012:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
@BarackObama who wants to raise all our taxes, only pays 20.5% on $790k salary. http://1.usa.gov/HFZJKH  Do as I say not as I do

Online DB

Whoa..why don't you take a few deep breaths and calm yourself down, its Sat. night for Pete's sake.

The really important stuff doesn't come out until 3am anyway :laugh:

And the band played on...

Offline sinkspur

Feb. 2012:

‏@realDonaldTrump
HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling govt debt..

Online DB

Feb. 2012:

‏@realDonaldTrump
HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling govt debt..

October has arrived... And its only the first day... The unload begins...

Offline sinkspur

Offline sinkspur

stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens  5m5 minutes ago
An illegal immigrant working at fast food pays a higher percentage of income in taxes than it appears @realDonaldTrump pays.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Drudge is sure to have the siren up any moment now.

:tongue2:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline corbe

Clinton has outsmarted Trump again.

Fire in Clinton Campaign Headquarters Destroys Tax Returns

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/fire-in-clinton-campaign_b_96210.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline NavyCanDo

You know to Trumpsters not paying taxes even if it is in the millions is a vertue.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That actually is an interesting part, who gave it to the NYT.. the return address came from Trump Tower.

Maybe it came from Melania.  You never know.  I wonder how any woman could live with such a pig.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

"Donald Trump, 2015: "I know a lot of bad people in this country that are making a hell of a lot of money and not paying taxes."

https://twitter.com/LukeBrinke...
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

So when is WikiLeaks going to do its data dump on Hillary and Trump?

It's a horse race to the bottom!

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Hijack for a moment...

Did anyone see the SNL debate skit?

Yes! Hilarious! Baldwin was virtually channeling Trump.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
"Donald Trump, 2015: "I know a lot of bad people in this country that are making a hell of a lot of money and not paying taxes."

https://twitter.com/LukeBrinke...

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
 ****sheep****

I am laughing because it was him he was talking about.  We all know that "bad" person Donald Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

Of course she knew..she gave the order to release them...they *own* the NYT's!

Carlos Slim owns the largest amount of shares in the New York Times.

HonestJohn

Actually, even that's not the case for a website like this. We could be asked to not post any content. We don't fall under fair use protections. It is a gray area because this isn't an overt business, but as it can be pointed out it does have some revenue generation, it could be considered a competing news interest and not fall under fair use provisions.

Well... if you want to look at the whole webpage, then posting the entire article is far less than 10% (in total number of bytes) of the entire webpage from whence it was excerpted.

Just sayin'...

:whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't have TV.

How can you watch "The Real Housewives of (Insert city name here)" without a TV? Are you some sort of Communist?

Offline corbe

Appears he wasted allot of money buying 'all that influence' of NY Politicians.  His own are eating him alive.

Offline Victoria33

The IRS didn't do this.  This came from an outside source.  1995....hmmmmmmm......did Marla Maples have a copy?
@sinkspur

If she had a lawyer during the divorce, maybe HE thought about it and saw to it she had one since she was a signer on that return.  She wouldn't leak it herself but perhaps the lawyer saw it was leaked.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah, I'm a communist.  Who knew?

I never bought the gadget you have to have for your TV to work once they switched over to whatever (you can tell I am an expert on these matters).  I thought when I purchased a new TV that it would be built in, but my TV channels still don't work.  Apparently I have to have cable for any channels to work.  I'm so used to watching only DVDs that I don't usually miss it, except for nights like tonight.  I'm dying to see that skit.

Good. I was concerned that you picked your name out of thin air because you never had a TV. That would be just plain wierd.