Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Tax Records Obtained by The Times Reveal He Could Have Avoided Paying Taxes for Nearly Two Decades  (Read 30669 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump was doing one better. He was very active in petitioning the government to increase the tax rate on the "wealthy" with the only significant deduction being real estate investments - i.e. tax shelters. He wanted to force people to invest in real estate to avoid paying outrageous tax rates. That was his primary complaint about Reagans tax cuts back in the 80's that he testified before congress to reverse. He's a crony capitalist all the way using government to seek advantage over others.

Yes, it is very common for the large businesses and investors to lobby for more taxes and regulations, because they're in a position to use those regulations and taxes to put their competitors out of business.  It's a form of rent seeking.

This is why I moved most of my 401K funds into large company equities when Obama was elected.  I knew those companies would be the ones to survive and thrive in the high tax, high regulation environment coming, and I've profited handsomely.  The economy as a whole, not so much.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: