Author Topic: Cruz: Trump hasn't apologized for personal insults  (Read 9479 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: Trump hasn't apologized for personal insults
« on: September 24, 2016, 10:42:28 pm »
September 24, 2016, 06:09 pm
Cruz: Trump hasn't apologized for personal insults

By Nikita Vladimirov

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Saturday defended his decision to endorse Republican nominee Donald Trump even though Trump has not apologized for insulting Cruz's family.

"Heidi and my dad and I we talked about it and we made a decision together — that we are going to choose to forgive him," Cruz said during an interview with The Texas Tribune.

During their bitter primary fight, Trump posted an unflattering photo of Cruz's wife, threatening to "spill the beans" on her, and floated the conspiracy theory that Cruz's father was involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

When asked if Trump has apologized to Cruz, the Texas senator said "he has not," even after private phone conversations in which Trump thanked Cruz for the endorsement.

Cruz said that he did not demand an apology as a condition for his endorsement because "at the end of the day it's not about me, it's not about my family, it's about the country."

"When I sat down with Mike Pence, when I talked with the campaign, I said, 'If you want my support what do I care about? I care about the Supreme Court, I care about the Bill of Rights.' "

"And so my ask was not a personal ask to apologize to my family. But it was ... 'give a commitment of something meaningful on the Supreme Court.' "

"My faith teaches to forgive with or without an apology," he added.

Throughout the hour-long interview, Cruz was asked if he stood by his criticisms of Trump and whether now believes Trump is qualified to be the President of the United States.

Cruz answered by repeatedly stating that Americans have a "binary choice" in the election and that Trump was better option for the country on the whole than Hillary Clinton.

Cruz on Friday endorsed Trump after telling the voters to "vote their conscience" during the Republican National Convention in July in what was seen as a major snub.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/297628-cruz-trump-hasnt-apologized-for-personal-insults
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Cruz: Trump hasn't apologized for personal insults
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 10:43:20 pm »
Sorry to hear this..was hoping Trump apologized.... :nometalk:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:45:04 pm »
"Cruz answered by repeatedly stating that Americans have a "binary choice""

Yup. choose good or evil. Sorry Ted. you chose evil. You could have backed a conservative. there's one on the ballot. You sold out.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:47:40 pm »
Cruz just looks better in my estimation.

Trump should apologize - because this makes him look smaller.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:49:50 pm »
Cruz just looks better in my estimation.

Trump should apologize - because this makes him look smaller.

I agree....
Support the USO

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 10:51:44 pm »
They had the same binary choice at the convention.  So why now and not then?

Because as i often point out: there aren't enough good people left in America to fill Yankee Stadium.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 10:53:47 pm »

Yup. choose good or evil. Sorry Ted. you chose evil. You could have backed a conservative. there's one on the ballot. You sold out.

Anyone with a lick of sense knows that Cruz is right and Normie here is just blowing smoke up your tail pipe.

The sellouts are the ones sitting this fight out.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 11:04:29 pm »

I respect Sen Cruz's decision, just as I respect all of those who choose to vote for the lessor of two evils.  That's the way I've always voted, unfortunately.

And I suspect he will respect my decision to come to a different conclusion. 

And when 2018 comes around I will be there again to support his campaign, as he has been one of the very few that went to DC and did what he promised he would do.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 11:12:31 pm »
Anyone with a lick of sense knows that Cruz is right and Normie here is just blowing smoke up your tail pipe.

Side with a liberal, you are a liberal. Thats simply how it works in the real world. All the trump excuses arent ever gonna change Logic 101. Side with a liberal and YOU are the problem.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 11:13:59 pm »
Trump doesn't apologize.  At this point, he no longer needs to.  Insults, slander and bullying paid off.  Why change from what works?  Cruz will own some of the blame for what happens to Trump's future victims.

I know Cruz is taking heat for this and he was well aware that he would.  Trump made some promises to him regarding various issues and especially the Court. 

Cruz is also aware of what Trump's promises are worth, but I think, in the end, he decided there was some chance of good nominees and more favorable stands on other issues important to the country with Trump and none with Hillary.

I'm not disappointed at all.  I think he knew this would not be a popular decision but did it for the good of the country ... or what he sincerely thought was the good of the country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 11:16:19 pm »

Wrong.  The sellouts are people like you who chose a lifelong egomaniacal narcissistic NY Liberal Democrat to be your prince.  The warriors are those choosing to stand on principle and support a bona-fide Conservative despite the overwhelming odds of sheeple demanding to chase their messiah over the cliff.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 11:17:47 pm »
Side with a liberal, you are a liberal. Thats simply how it works in the real world. All the trump excuses arent ever gonna change Logic 101. Side with a liberal and YOU are the problem.

So America is a communist, murdering, fascist country because we sided with Stalin to defeat Hitler. That logic 101? 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 11:20:05 pm »
I know Cruz is taking heat for this and he was well aware that he would.  Trump made some promises to him regarding various issues and especially the Court. 

Cruz is also aware of what Trump's promises are worth, but I think, in the end, he decided there was some chance of good nominees and more favorable stands on other issues important to the country with Trump and none with Hillary.

I'm not disappointed at all.  I think he knew this would not be a popular decision but did it for the good of the country ... or what he sincerely thought was the good of the country.

:beer:  Right.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 11:24:35 pm »
So America is a communist, murdering, fascist country because we sided with Stalin to defeat Hitler. That logic 101?

We didn't need Stalin to defeat Hitler anymore than we needed Chiuaua's to defeat Japan.

Nuclear Weapons were developing. Hitler was losing the war.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 11:25:07 pm »
Cruz said that he did not demand an apology as a condition for his endorsement because "at the end of the day it's not about me, it's not about my family, it's about the country."

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 11:26:26 pm »

At the end of the day he backed a man he called a liar to save his country? That is a piss poor way to save a country.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 11:28:38 pm »

I'm not sitting this out.  I hate 'em both, so I'm not voting for either.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 11:30:03 pm »

When you choose a lifelong megalomaniacal narcissistic NYC liberal Democrat Statist with a penchant for theatrics and promises of punishment and payback to be your leader, what do you think you will get in return?

It won't be a statesman that respects or follows the Constitution.   That much I guarantee.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Longmire

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 11:30:51 pm »

Bitter suits you Norma...stay bitter my friend.  :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 11:31:11 pm »

Cruz did this for himself and his own political future, just as he does everything else.   If it's not good for Cruz, he could care less.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 11:33:36 pm »
Bitter suits you Norma...stay bitter my friend.  :laugh:

You see bitter. I see the truth. Here. Vote for this guy. Hard to tell he isn't Trump...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYNBwCEeH4

Offline Longmire

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 11:40:12 pm »
The warriors are those choosing to stand on principle and support a bona-fide Conservative despite the overwhelming odds of sheeple demanding to chase their messiah over the cliff.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 11:42:16 pm »

Be sure to use the right color crayons and daddy will hang your pretty picture on the fridge!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 11:43:01 pm »
Josh Barro ‏@jbarro  4m4 minutes ago
If Trump wins, he promised Cruz he'll give him the jar with Cruz's testicles in it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 11:51:26 pm »
Josh Barro ‏@jbarro  4m4 minutes ago
If Trump wins, he promised Cruz he'll give him the jar with Cruz's testicles in it.

I stood in the breach for Palin on FR because she articulated conservative positions. Then she sold out for Trump.

I stood in the breach for Cruz because he articulated conservative positions. Then he sold them out for Trump.

Many of us did. But while Palin's support tanked after her sellout, and as Cruz' support is in the process of tanking for his sellout, conservatism isn't tanking with actual conservatives. Those of us still in the breach. We like it here. None of us will make any headlines for it and thats fine. There will be conservatism for our kids to carry on with long after the headlines are forgotten for Palin and Cruz.